Nims McCloudCurrent Age:
84Age at Games:
water inside stone structureHow Character Won:
Brute force? Technological skills? Nope. Nims won with craftiness. Although not a Career, he stayed with the pack until it was to his disadvantage, in which case he split off. By then he knew their weaknesses and, realizing he couldn’t best them with force, undermined their power with cunning. Unlike many other tributes, he was strong enough to keep up with the big dogs, but not stupid enough to be blinded by their pack.Foes Faced:
- Scary water
- Various district residents
Length of Games:
- D6 female
- D7 male
- D1 male
- D2 female
9 DaysImportant Happenings:
- His district partner put together an “anti-Career” pack before the Games started in order to increase chances of winning. Nims joined the pack.
- Nims was forcefully adopted (read: kidnapped) by the Careers and “joined” them. Here he realized how brutal and disturbed the Careers were since they liked to torture their victims before they killed them. In this time, he also began to learn about the ways the arena worked.
- He lost the trust of the Careers when he tried to save one of their victims, a District 10 girl, even though she was as good as dead. After being in the arena for a couple of days, he realized that by not standing up to the Careers, he was just as bad as they were.
- Escaped the Careers and spent much time trying to reunite with the remainder of the “anti-Career” pack.
- Found the D6 alliance and joined them, but accidentally pushed the D6 female off the side of a cliff and killed her. This pissed off the D6 male.
- For several days, he kept much to himself while everyone slew each other. He followed a defensive, guarded pattern, but rarely hid. The arena with its intricate puzzles amused Nims, and he ran around the place trying to figure out which switch controlled what waterway.
- The other tributes came after him and he took the offensive, but never killed anyone with great brutality. Sponsors gave him D3 techie gifts, but because Nims is the furthest thing from a techie, he used the gifts in other ways. Instead of building a bomb with some supplies, he used a string to tie around the ankle of the D1 male and the other side around a rock. He then drowned the D1 male.
Gem, Ro, Uaithne, Jan, Apples, Ptero, ChamberlainHow Did You Hear About Us?:
A magical fountain of rainbows and sunshineHave You Read the HG Books?:
Read ‘em allWritten Description:Type of Clothing: Other:General Personality:
Nims is creative, but not inventive. He’s a thinker and sometimes a do-er, but not a man of practical measure. He creates his own world and populates it with his own fantasies, and this is how he managed to cope with being in the Games.
Nims is an animal lover. He has always felt a kinship with furry beasts. Even though his childhood pet long since passed away, Nims populates his giant home with animals from around Panem. Some he acquired from less-than-happy situations and others were gifts from Capitolites.
Nims is determined. He doesn’t like people to tell him that he can’t do something.
Nims is technologically challenged. Unlike other district three residents, Nims can’t put Part A with Part B and end up with a finished product. He likes to collect bits and pieces and glue them together, but instead of coming up with a functional watch or a piece of a computer, he only has a lump of metal shaped like a frog.
Nims is optimistic. Nothing in life is free from challenges, but Nims doesn’t let this stand in his way. He doesn’t believe in living life in emotional despair, and he knows that every situation—no matter how crappy—has its upsides. He doesn’t mind pointing out the silver lining to people if they’re down.
Nims is out of touch with human emotions. When he’s happy, he’s happy; when he’s sad, he’s sad. He’s not that great of a judge of how other people are feeling, and sometimes he says the wrong things at the wrong time. Not everyone shares the same views on life that he does, and this can be a difficult concept for him to grasp.Likes:Dislikes:Strengths:Weaknesses:Goals:Fears:Thoughts about His/Her District:Thoughts on the Hunger Games:Role in Family:Role in Society:Anticipation for the Future:Family:
- Toasty, pomeranian
- Eir, border collie
- --, shiba inu
- Orange, cat
- Milky, cat
- Chompy, cat
Nims isn’t your typical District Three guy. Heck, he isn’t even your typical district resident, period. An only child, Nims was born to a young couple who divorced when he was an infant. But bound and determined to give him a proper and happy childhood, they remained together in their District Three apartment. Still friends though no longer lovers, the parents lived as roommates and shared time with their son. This was how Nims was raised; this was the life he knew and loved.
Overall, Nims lived a happy childhood as his parents intended. There was no way to escape watching the Games every year, but hey—they were only once a year, and were no match for Nims and his faithful cat, Captain Tirade of the Normicon Peninsula, and a big bowl of cereal. During his free time (when he wasn’t at school or forced to do manual labor at home), Nims enjoyed catching fairies, exploring District Three, and listening to stories passed down by the old people at the old folks’ home. (Kids at school thought he was retarded, so he spent a lot of time with the old people who enjoyed his company.) Until Nims was ten, he believed he was the chosen one of the Fairy people and they would come to bring him home. When this did not happen, he just spent more time with his cat and the old people.
Unlike many people in his district, Nims never had “the knack” that everyone else had. He couldn’t disassemble and assemble machines, figure out how contraptions worked, or operate a washing machine. Everything in his world was comprised of magic and mystery when he couldn’t figure out what the heck made it work. It had its advantages and disadvantages. Nims would never find a good job in a district so devoted to machinery, but hey, who cared?
Ever since the Games, Nims has kept himself busy. He doesn’t like being associated with the Capitol, though he can’t deny the awesomeness of being a victor. His parents still live in their apartment even though Nims offered them space in his giant mansion. When they declined, Nims just lived there with his cat until his cat passed away. (Now Captain Tirade has his very own cemetery in the spacious backyard.) Since then, Nims likes to take in animals and give them a place to stay.
Adjusting to life after the Games proved to be a challenge, but not impossible.
Nothing is impossible with Nims!
His upbeat personality, bright spirits, and odd life perspective kept him from falling into the irreversible depression from which many victors suffer. Perhaps it is also the fact that Nims didn’t “lose himself” like many victors did. He did what he must to survive, but he didn’t betray himself to get ahead. These days, he doesn’t spend time in the Capitol if he can help it; he likes the strangeness of the entire place, but he hates their obsessions. That said, he tries to appease them by dying his hair to humor their fads because he knows that otherwise he’s not really a “shining” example of a victor.Games Number:
84Age at Games:
15Description of Arena:Foes Faced:Notable Kills:Length of Games:
9 daysImportant Happenings:Account of Games: