• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» Get back demon cows!, Open
Trendal Morgans
 Posted: Jun 9 2012, 12:35 AM
[QUOTE]
Bookstore owner
Male
5'8
148 LBS
District Two
26-May 12 • 265 Moneys

Meadowlark

Trendal had been doing fine on the way over. Despite his district, Tren was not exactly the sort to splurge on things. It wasn't that he had a problem with cars. He didn't. He always meant to get one. But then he'd find an expensive book he liked better. And a bookshelf to go with it. And then he'd have to fill that bookshelf with more lovely books.

Money had a way of slipping through his fingers.

He was always careful to have enough to get by and keep his store in order, but it was just as well fancy clothes and extravagance wasn't his cup of tea.

So Trendal did not have a car. So Trendal frequently used the bus. It was the bus he took to District Ten.

He'd never been to District Ten. There was a very good reason for this. And as he exited the bus, the fragrance of death, decay and doom assaulted his senses.

Cows.

He stumbled to the side. He wasn't wearing anything new or special. His long jacket was too big and unbuttoned, his slacks slightly stained near the bottom, by his shoes. Still all and all, everything he wore was of much better quality than what the district ten residents wore. The backpack strapped to his back was heavy, but he didn't feel its weight. Nor the weight of the sports bag he totted along as well. His eyes darted from side to side.

He could smell them. But he could not see them. The stench that pervaded the air was, he knew, he knew because he'd heard about it....cows.

"You don't have to see them. They are in pens on farms and you're just going to the school," he told himself, speaking out loud despite the fact that several people passing by granted him very strange looks because of this. Trendal cleared his throat, kept his eyes on the ground, and picked up speed. He knew the way. He'd asked for very specific directions. So he could drop off the books and leave. Immediately.

Before the cows found him.

And that was just...ridiculous. He knew that. The cows would not find him. They wouldn't look for him. He was in his fifties. He was a sensible man. He lived a laid back and rather easy life. He sold his books, he played card games, he visited friends. He did not believe that cows could kill him. And yet...and yet...

Some part of him did.

Trendal had always been afraid of cows. Always. The first time he'd seen a picture of a cow it had filled him with a sense of terror and dread that equaled nothing he'd ever felt since. He didn't even eat chocolate or drink milk. Nothing that came from a cow was appealing to him. He had the rather silly dread it was actually poisonous. To him at least.

He was almost there. Halfway at least, when he heard it. The sound seemed to shiver through him, cutting through common sense and logic. He looked up, his eyes widening with dread.

He stared, paralyzed for a long moment at it. At the cows. They were so big. Someone was leading it across the street. It had a rope around its neck and...

Trendal turned around and ran. He didn't know where he was going. He didn't know why he was going there. Or what good it would do. If the cow wanted to kill him, and that made sense even though it was completely illogical, then why not believe it would just teleport in front of him and devour him in one snake like bite as well?

He didn't stop running until he ran right into someone. Or rather, assaulted them. All he saw was movement. Movement and he swung his book bag at the cow with a yelp. "Cows!"

And then he fell back as the motion set him completely off balance and tumbled to the ground, the book bag leaving his hands entirely. He landed with a grunt and the moment he did so, fear seeped away and his brain regained control of his body.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Jun 9 2012, 03:02 AM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian had been doing well enough for the past few days. The nightmares - the crying - the not-even-sleeping-sometimes - the practice with the bow... These things were all still happening. He felt strange because the world kept on spinning and Sebastian felt left behind. Stuck in a moment in time clouded by pain, fear, and loss that he felt he had only begun to fathom.

He at least had started being a courier again. At least still practiced with the bow in the Arcadia's basement. At least still practiced with the knives. He did not know what it would really do him yet - would it even give him food? Yes, he supposed. But for now, all actions seemed to be like distractions. Something to do with his hands to keep them from doing something he didn't want.

From doing something Orsino wouldn't have wanted either.

Only an hour before, Sebastian had made a certain delivery to an employee at the animal shelter. He was younger - not more than thirty - and was a pretty frequent one to buy things. He thought the man had a wife who liked trinkets - in the same way that Orsino liked puzzles.

Today, he learned that the man's name was Jared.

And that apparently there were days where certain animals were given away for free. Sebastian was not sure how much to believe this story. He had seen that look on the man's face. He knew who Sebastian was.

He was half-tempted to turn down the man's request when he had glimpsed the small, scrawny calico kitten. For a moment, he paused, staring as he remembered the small kitten that Orsino had gotten for a time in the Games. The little one. It didn't look exactly like that one there, but it was the same kind. He couldn't help moving towards the small enclosure it was in. As if almost knowing, Jared had opened it up and handed the little one to him.

"It's a girl. All the ones like that are." He'd said. "Please take good care of her, won't you?" There was a wink, a pat on the shoulder, and a push towards the door. It was a kindness, however small compared to others given him, that silenced him.

He shifted, moving so that he had the kitten curled up on the crook of one arm, which was hidden in his jacket, mostly to keep her warm. He'd find a name for her sooner or later.

For the most part, he was minding his own business, only occasionally grinning a bit at the odd mews he heard from the little one somewhat hidden in his jacket now. It was the yell - and the hit to his side that sent him tumbling a bit that made him groan, his arms almost instinctively seeming to protect the kitten more than himself.

Once he regained some sense of normalcy in his mind, he stood, moving to stare at the man, wondering if he had heard that word right... "... Cows?" His eyebrows raised at the man, the kitten now very openly held in his arms. "No, a kitten and a boy. I might not be much of a looker, but I know I'm not a cow." There was Cow, however, but she didn't look much like an actual cow either.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Trendal Morgans
 Posted: Jun 9 2012, 03:25 AM
[QUOTE]
Bookstore owner
Male
5'8
148 LBS
District Two
26-May 12 • 265 Moneys

Meadowlark

The last vestiges of fear were washed under by a wave of mortification and guilt. He hadn't just hit someone in a spasm of fear, he'd hit a kid.

"I am...I am so sorry. No, no of course you're not," Trendal climbed slowly to his feet. It was a bit difficult with his backpack still weighing him down. Books were heavier than they looked. He paused and then blinked at the boy as his mortification faded enough for what he'd said to really sink in. "A kitten?"

He didn't see a kitten for a moment, even thought it was plainly in view. He blinked and then looked down. "OH! There you are," he announced, sounding slightly startled. It was about that time the he looked around and realized a few things, was able to think beyond fear still waiting to pounce on him (everything here still stunk horribly. The cows could be anywhere).

He'd just run off. Run off in a random direction. He'd made a few random turns and now...

Now he had no idea where he was.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Jun 9 2012, 04:17 AM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Once the realization of what had happened sunk in, Sebastian took in his potential battle wounds. Most of this was shown in registering just the fact that he was probably a good bit bruised on one his shoulders and arms - a bit on the chest and side as well, possibly. What did the guy have in there? Bricks?

The kitten mewled loudly and Sebastian grinned a little. It was cute.

The kitten, not the old man.

"Yeah, why are you screaming about cows anyway? Or throwing... umm... bags of bricks at people?" He asked, moving the kitten into one arm as he gestured to the bag that had hit him earlier.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Trendal Morgans
 Posted: Jun 9 2012, 04:32 AM
[QUOTE]
Bookstore owner
Male
5'8
148 LBS
District Two
26-May 12 • 265 Moneys

Meadowlark

Trendal quickly turned his attention back to the boy he'd hit by accident. Well, not exactly by accident per say. If he'd known it was just a boy of course he wouldn't have done so, he'd meant to hit a cow. Wait...no.

He followed the district ten kid's gesture and felt immediately relieved he had at least not actually lost the bag. A rather silly concern, he thought as he moved over to the fallen book bag. He certainly lacked the ability to throw something far enough away he couldn't find it again. Particularly something as heavy as this was.

"Are you alright? I didn't...I was startled back there a ways...well there was a cow. They aren't bricks you see, they are books..."

Trying to explain to much at once was not helping his still jittery nerves. Trendal cleared his throat. He owed the boy an explanation, not some gibberish. He crouched by the bag and unzipped it, opening it wide enough to begin pulling out books. He had to make sure they were okay after all. The books were of a variety of sorts. He was donating them to the lower district school. He wasn't even sure they'd let the kids read all of them, but he'd brought all he could spare...

And he was thinking off topic, to himself, instead of speaking out loud. "I was bringing these books to the school you see. And a cow....startled me. I got blown off course I guess you could say. I didn't see you really...i thought..." that a cow was chasing me. No. He couldn't say that.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Jun 9 2012, 10:24 AM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian stared at the man, this time actually stepping back from himself to realize that this man was out of place. Better dressed and a bag of books, most of them in relatively decent condition from the ones he could see... That didn't include freaking out about cows, based on his shaky behavior now.

"You aren't from around here, are you?" He asked as he watched the man. Instinctively, he wanted to go to the man and look through all those books. They were a rather rare commodity in Ten and, while he had a few given to him by Orsino and others by friends or previous family... There were not all that many of them, especially now that he had only had some of them with him after being kicked out.

"The school's... closer than you might expect, but still will take a bit to get there." He offered. "I can help you once you get... um... sorted?" Part of the offer was that he was curious about what kind of person would bring books to a school in a lower district when they were so obviously from a higher one... Part of him, also, was reminded of just who would do something similar. He wanted to do that similarity.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Trendal Morgans
 Posted: Jun 9 2012, 11:17 AM
[QUOTE]
Bookstore owner
Male
5'8
148 LBS
District Two
26-May 12 • 265 Moneys

Meadowlark

Trendal nodded, smiling as he looked up at the boy.

"I suppose it's rather obvious isn't it?' Trendal laughed at himself as he shuffled the books around. "I guess it would be strange for someone from Ten to be afraid of cows."

He'd forgotten that it was probably his dress that had him standing out, as much as his fear. Or the bag full of books, which he knew would be rare in Ten. Wasn't that why he was there after all? But cows pervaded his thoughts, the fear of seeing another one still threatening to tackle his common sense to the ground.

The books seemed to be in good repair. None had torn. A few were a bit rumpled. He didn't know what he would have done had they not been. He had no intention of ever returning here ever.

There were cows here.

He supposed he could send someone to deliver more books though, if these ones had been unsatisfactory after he'd tossed them around.

"I'd appreciate that actually... I'm probably running a bit late. Bus from Two arrived late," he explained, relieved and somewhat suprised that the boy offered to help him out. It was even more kind, he thought, because he wasn't angry at Trendal's mistake. Instead he was willing to help out. Despite the horror of cows, Ten apparently was the hope to very good people. "I don't have any way to repay you though, unless you'd want a book or two?"

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Jun 10 2012, 12:27 AM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian considered the man. He seemed nice enough, at least. But then again, he had to be if he went so very out of his way to deliver some books to a school in a district like this one. It was not just the fare for the bus - but the time it took to get here and back... And then there was this odd jittery behavior concerning cows that Sebastian thought was more than met the eye, really.

"A book would actually be cool." He shrugged a bit as he said it. "They're a bit rare if they aren't talking about animals or meat or farms here." Even when he had access to the Black Market and sometimes was gifted with a few... It was a rarity. Perhaps he would have to remember to steal back his books from his parents, if they still had them lying around. "And I could use the entertainment besides..." Entertainment that did not feature seeing Orsino die on national television would be a nice change, especially if it was a book he didn't have already... which was highly likely.

He gestured into the general direction of where the school was. "Are you ready to be lead about a bit?" He wondered, carefully, about the name for the furball that had now nuzzled into his arm, almost asleep. Mauri - Orsino had only said it once, but Sebastian remembered because... well, because it was Orsino. He didn't need a better reason. But he didn't want to take that name - and he almost wanted to... but, then again, no. Would giving a pet a name like that be even a good idea?

--------------------
[PM]
^
Trendal Morgans
 Posted: Jun 10 2012, 01:53 AM
[QUOTE]
Bookstore owner
Male
5'8
148 LBS
District Two
26-May 12 • 265 Moneys

Meadowlark

Trendal had been expecting the boy to politely -or impolitely- decline. He was surprised by the district ten kid's answer, and smiled, forgetting about cows for a moment.

"Yes I heard they were more rare around the rural districts...I have more than enough so if you'd like when we get there you can just take your pick," Trendal would have plenty left over to give to the school. He hadn't given them an exact count to how many books he was donating, and until he handed them over, they were still his to do with as he wished.

Besides, he got the feeling from the way the teacher he'd talked to had spoken, that they half believed he was just prank calling or going to decide not to waste his time and energy actually showing up. So just bringing books at all was bound to be alright no matter how many or few actually made it there.

Standing and hefting the bag onto his shoulder, Trendal nodded. "Sure, lead the way!" he wanted to ask the boy to avoid cows if he could, but that would sounds silly. "Oh and I'm Trendal Morgans by the way," he said, holding his hand out in a friendly greeting.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Jun 10 2012, 02:30 AM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

It was an odd name. But he supposed no more odd than Orsino or Cow were odd names to some people... But, then again, Orsino wasn't a District Ten specific name... except for maybe a few days ago. He took the hand, shaking it with an almost sheepish grin on his lips. "Sebastian Kava at your service."

There was a risk to that, he knew, if the man paid attention to the Games at all... But, then again, he was a stranger. Sebastian did not care. Besides, Orsino had proposed to him. While formally accepting that was out of the question now, he was sure that borrowing that name would be just fine.

So he broke from the man, leading him off towards the school. "Do you do things like this often?" He asked curiously before jumping to clarify. "Donate books to poorer kids, I mean."

--------------------
[PM]
^
Trendal Morgans
 Posted: Jun 10 2012, 02:50 AM
[QUOTE]
Bookstore owner
Male
5'8
148 LBS
District Two
26-May 12 • 265 Moneys

Meadowlark

Trendal nodded and smiled, though he was thrown a little off guard by the name. It sounded so familiar. Which was weird, because he had never been to Ten before. Maybe he knew someone who's name rhymed with Sebastian Kava. Sometimes that would do it. Or perhaps the kid was named after someone in a book. Trendal had read a lot of books. Plenty of Sebastian's floating around, he was sure.

Following Sebastian's lead, Trendal tried to look as though he wasn't keeping a wary eye out for stampeding bovine.

"I suppose I do...I donate books to schools nearby usually. Or sometimes when I have kids working in the summer, I'll send them off to deliver books farther away when the store is quiet," when there was nothing else for those kids to be doing anyway. Trendal was also quite fond of giving away books to friends and random strangers.

The more people reading the books he liked (which was most all books anyhow) the more people he could talk to about books. "Think the farthest out I'd been before was eight though. Now I'm thinking of stopping by Twelve sometime soon," he was just thinking out loud now, and practically rambling so he stopped his train of thought and shrugged. "I got a lot of books. Someone might as well be reading them."

Especially since he'd already read most of them. Some more than once.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Jun 10 2012, 03:12 AM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

"Yes, they could use more books in Twelve from what I've seen, too." He said nonchalantly, trying not to let on what he knew of Twelve. It was a decent amount, after all... He was a courier for their Black Market... Not that there were many other such markets around. A few, yes, but none as big or as largely influential as that one. The fact that even they sometimes had issues with providing something like a book, for recreational or informational reading, was rather telling of the state of District Twelve at times.

"A question. You're well-read, I'm assuming, so you probably know a lot of names, yeah?" He asked, one hand moving to scratch absentmindedly at the kitten's forehead, neck and back as he spoke. "Any suggestions on what you'd name a kitten?" He wanted something connected to... but, well, no. Maybe if he got other ideas from someone else in his head, that would help curve that potentially irreverent desire. Claiming Orsino's last name for his own was one thing. But otherwise? Otherwise it seemed a bit like trespassing... Yet it remained so tempting.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Trendal Morgans
 Posted: Jun 11 2012, 06:25 AM
[QUOTE]
Bookstore owner
Male
5'8
148 LBS
District Two
26-May 12 • 265 Moneys

Meadowlark

Many places could use more books, Trendal thought. Sometimes he thought it might be fun and interesting to just walk around leaving books on people's doorsteps, or knocking on their door and asking them if they'd simply like some books. It wasn't really door to door salesman sort of thing because he'd be giving them away instead of selling them. He was sure his family would lecture him on what a bad salesman he was that he was always giving books away for free...but he didn't really mind that.

They were his books, and he'd do with them as he damn well pleased.

Looking over at the cat, Trendal mulled over the question. In the back of his mind, he kept thinking of the word 'cow', though, which was distracting.

"Well I've always like the name Alida. Favorite character from a book I read as a kid. But it has something to do with wings, the name...so maybe that's more a bird name," he said, a bit distracted. "What kind of creature is it do you know? Its personality I mean?" he liked to name things based off of that sort of thing. And surely that would help in the matter.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Jun 11 2012, 05:34 PM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian considered the name. It was a good one... and he thought it was a girl. But, then again, he was pretty sure Twist named some girl animals with guy names. But, then again, why should he judge how to name an animal based on someone like Twist... who, from what little interaction he had had with the man, was a bit off-kilter at times.

"I don't know, actually." He admitted as he turned down a street. "I only just got her... I mean, someone gave me her." He offered with a shrug as he saw a glimpse of black fur on the ground. Meadow, then, just wandering around a bit near him. He should not be surprised. The amount of times she took up the other pillow in his bed was extremely often.

"So far she just seems to like headbutting my chest." As if on cue, that's what she did. He bit back a laugh as he scratched between the kitten's ears.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Trendal Morgans
 Posted: Jun 12 2012, 12:04 AM
[QUOTE]
Bookstore owner
Male
5'8
148 LBS
District Two
26-May 12 • 265 Moneys

Meadowlark

"Well," Trendal began distractedly. He thought he had heard something. Was that a cow? No...no that was silly. This boy wouldn't lead him into...a cow ambush. Or anything like that. Surely someone who lived in Ten would know the dangers of such a creature much better than he did anyway. "I've noticed things of great important tend to name themselves."

He continued on, relaxing more the further they walked without being murdered. "I'd take my time naming something as important as a cat friend though. I'm sure you'll know when you get it right."

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES