• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» Quiet Like Yesterday, tag; krieger!
Krieger Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Jun 11 2012, 05:23 AM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6ft 3in
207 LBS
District Ten
23-March 12 • 900 Moneys

Schro

Krieger chuckled softly, actually charmed by those words. He still had and probably always would have a soft spot for Orsino. Though he had barely known the kid, it had been a long time since he'd seen a kid with such spirit. If he ever had a son, he hoped he would have that very same force of spirit.

"Thanks. That actually does mean a lot to me."

He paused, leaning against the counter, preparing to address the more obvious elephant in the room. It had to come up eventually, so it might as well have been now.

"You miss him, don't you? How are you... you know, coping? Well, I hope?"

The Peacekeeper regarded the boy with what might have been a look of fatherly concern, if he could actually remember what such a thing looked like.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Jun 11 2012, 05:51 AM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian considered the man as he spoke. The question... He should have expected. The man had seen how he had dealt with Orsino's confession only a short time before. Now? Well, now he might not be punching brick walls until his knuckles bled, but he certainly wasn't perhaps reacting in the most composed manner. To be fair, he could be worse. Still, having trouble doing much as a courier and periodically breaking down almost every day was not exactly something he found pleasing.

"I'm..." Honesty, he thought. The man had been honest with him. It was only fair to be the same in return. "I miss him very much." That was easy, yes. It was the other question that he was not sure how to respond to. "I'm trying to do all right, but it's a lot harder than... than I..." Than he expected? No, that wasn't right. He'd known it would be hard to deal with his death, though he had never tried to pinpoint how hard. "Harder than I think I'm prepared for, if that even makes sense." Especially after all that Orsino had said in the arena - and all that Sebastian could never say back or return.

"I'm trying to distract myself when I can..." And when he couldn't? That's about when he broke down.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Krieger Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Jun 11 2012, 06:25 AM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6ft 3in
207 LBS
District Ten
23-March 12 • 900 Moneys

Schro

Krieger glanced to the boy's knuckles, almost surprised the same angry, bloody scrapes were not there as they had been when the now late Tribute had confessed his love. It nagged at him, to not be sure how this boy was coping with his grief. He wanted to make sure it went to something constructive, rather than taking the exact opposite path - straight to self-destruction.

"It'll get easier with time, even if that time is well over twenty years later," the Peacekeeper remarked with a sad smile. Admittedly, Krieger did not know how it felt to lose someone that he possibly loved romantically and he hoped he never would, but he did know how it felt to lose a brother - awful, dreadful, and miserable barely touched on that feeling. It had felt as if nothing would ever be right in the world again and it had felt that way for the longest time.

Even now, it felt like a miracle that he had not just picked up that sword and killed Twist. Somewhere along the way, Krieger had matured in a way he had not expected. It was not mere rationality that had stopped him; it ran far deeper than that, into his very nature and soul, if one believed in such things.

"I can't say I know exactly how you feel because I know no one ever will. But I lost someone to the Games too... my brother, actually. He came in second place. I remember how much that hurt, and I just want to make sure you're okay or at least will be okay."

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Jun 11 2012, 06:54 AM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian listened carefully and nodded. It felt... nice to know that. He knew it wasn't something like Orsino... Feelings never addressed until it was far, far too late to take it all back. No, it was not like that. But that did not take away that there was that closeness - and then... that feeling of being so close. And maybe he didn't feel the guilt or the regret of lost opportunities or other little things like that... But did not make it less meaningful.

"I'm not okay." He admitted slowly. "I don't think I will be for awhile, but I hope... I hope I can get there." There - that far off place where the pain was maybe real and there, but instead part of life and living as opposed to defining it. He knew that place because he managed to pull Orsino there himself. It was not from a death of a person, but from the death - the smothering of Orsino himself that he managed to resurrect. If he managed to drag someone like Orsino there, he could maybe do it for himself? Maybe, if he was just lucky enough.

"He... he wanted me to move on. He as good as told me that and..." His voice was going dangerously low, in that way that he got quiet before crying, the way his voice wavered and almost broke even while fighting that too. "And I don't want to let him down since he used so many of his last moments on me when I - when I -" When I never deserved them. He realized the tears too late and shifted, turning away and back to hiding. Too late to hide - to run. The man might only follow... and he would only be trapped in his tears more at his even stronger inability to hide them.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Krieger Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Jun 11 2012, 07:02 AM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6ft 3in
207 LBS
District Ten
23-March 12 • 900 Moneys

Schro

Krieger gave the boy a look somewhere between pity and understanding, trying not to be scared off by those tears. Too long he had avoided dealing with emotions; maybe Sebastian would able to at least cope in a slightly more healthy way than he had. Using his brother's memory to fuel an obsessive revenge had been such a stupid idea - at least the end result had turned out for the best.

"And you will move on, eventually. But right now everything is still fresh and raw and hurts too much to do so. I've been there, I promise."

He meant it. He knew just how that felt, but he would not say he truly knew how Sebastian felt, because that would taste a lie - the Peacekeeper only had an idea.

"I know it's not much, but if there's anything, anything at all I can do to help you out through this, you just let me know, okay?"

Sebastian had not asked for his help and had no reason to accept it either. After all, Krieger was still just a practical stranger to him. But it felt good to offer, to hold out a hand because nobody had bothered to do the same when he had lost his brother. He could not regret that, because it was his anger and bitterness that had gotten him where he was now, but perhaps things would turn out better for Sebastian. Maybe he would not grow more resentful with time. Maybe he would learn to let go properly.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Jun 11 2012, 07:33 AM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Part of him - the part of him that was prideful and screamed at already taking so much help after being kicked out - groaned about the idea of continuing this, but he knew that it would do him no good. He needed people. He really needed people. Orsino might have been quiet, but Sebastian was the opposite - he needed to talk, not be prompted like he was. He had to keep that in mind and... there were people willing to talk to him too. At least he was in no shortage of that.

"I'll let you know." His voice was still wavering as he spoke. He felt like a child, wanting nothing more than just to see him smile or laugh again. To touch his fingers - his shoulder. He wanted him, here and real and alive. "Funny thing." He murmured, almost scoffing through the tears as he bent to scoop up Meadow into his arms and stood up. "He sometimes told me that I was the one that could fix anything if I could fix him... I hope he's right somehow." Even if it seemed so impossible now. Where Orsino's victory and his death both seemed unlikely and unpredictable, this seemed... impossible.

"Thank you, though... I appreciate it very much and I'm sorry I'm... umm... I'm not together." He murmured, still crying, though the tears were slow, thick, and wet now.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Krieger Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Jun 11 2012, 07:41 AM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6ft 3in
207 LBS
District Ten
23-March 12 • 900 Moneys

Schro

Was this where a person ordinarily hugged another person? Would that be strange? At the risk of crushing Meadow, the fox, Krieger thankfully opted out of hugging the boy - the gesture, though intended to be comforting, would have likely terrified and confused him as it was.

Instead, the Peacekeeper merely nodded as patiently as ever, finding that he minded the tears less than he thought he would. He had cried, after all, when he had lost Bullet. That had not lasted for long, but he did not forget that he had cried.

"No problem. And... don't worry about it. You're going through a lot and I just want to be understanding and... well, help. I don't even know if I can," Krieger replied with an awkward shrug. "I bet you don't even need all this worrying anyhow, but I just can't help myself. So... thank you for putting up with me, really. Sorry that you've got to deal with some random stranger worrying over you, of all things."

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Jun 11 2012, 08:07 AM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Now that the tears were slower, he was attempting to will himself to stop, if only because he really liked having the ability to actually see things. His fingers rubbed at Meadow's coat, soft as it was. There was a comfort in her - in creatures like her. Sweet and soft and, maybe not Orsino, but comforting still.

"If it's of any consolation, most of the people that have been helping me out lately are strangers..." He guessed perhaps Orsino had gotten him one thing - enough people to care about him that they cared a bit about Sebastian. Enough to help a little bit if they could manage it. Hell, one could even think that Orsino's ghost had somehow organized things himself, sometimes. "I think I'm getting used to it more now. It's not so odd."

"Better than the alternative I had anyway." Much, much better than that particular alternative, which still left him with something of an empty gut. It, after all, was not particularly pleasing to think about the family that didn't want him for such a reason as that...

--------------------
[PM]
^
Krieger Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Jun 11 2012, 08:41 AM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6ft 3in
207 LBS
District Ten
23-March 12 • 900 Moneys

Schro

Krieger canted his head slightly in thought, knowing what Sebastian was getting at about having to be helped by strangers. He still did not know the exact reasons behind his expulsion from the foster family, but he strongly doubted that the boy had deserved this as an end result.

"Do you miss having a proper family?" he asked after a moment. After all, he wasn't sure Sebastian had ever been in a proper family. How long had he been in the foster system? If it was from the time he was a baby, he might not have known what an actual family might be like, whereas if he had been there as a child, if he had some recollection of his parents... well, perhaps there was something else to long for besides just Orsino.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Jun 11 2012, 04:10 PM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian considered the question for a moment. "I miss them, though I'm not sure what you mean by a proper family." He paused, letting Meadow down on the counter for the moment, still carefully petting her. "They were my family. Orsino is my family, as strange as it might seem given... things." There was very little in ways of explanation now.

He remembered explaining to Bolt - or trying to - about what had happened... Maybe he had not done so well, then, but he did want to explain to Krieger so he might understand a little better. "I'm.. They thought we'd been sneaking around before he was reaped, if that makes sense." To be fair, Sebastian had been sneaking around as a courier, but not like that with anyone in particular for quite some time. "I guess it makes sense, if you put together what he's said with things from before he was in the Games, but... they were talking about - about -" He paused, unsure of how to address this in particular. "About how it was probably illegal... And about how I might have taken advantage of him, somehow, I think and... how I was a bad influence to Hallie, I think..."

He shook his head after a moment. "After awhile, I just tuned out, grabbed some stuff, and left." They had told him to leave, anyway. It would have happened sooner or later. "I think I was honestly more angry, at first, about what they were suggesting I did than being kicked out..." And he still was, in a way. Orsino... maybe was frustrating and too quiet and sometimes clueless and everything but... He would never take advantage of him like that. Even if he had not known what had happened to Orsino in his previous homes, it was not something he would have done. He was not a great person, sure... But he was better than that, he thought. Far better than that.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Krieger Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Jun 13 2012, 05:16 AM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6ft 3in
207 LBS
District Ten
23-March 12 • 900 Moneys

Schro

"That's what I meant, your family..."

Orsino and whatever foster parents that had been taking care of him really, though it was a given that he missed Orsino. He wasn't sure who Hallie was, but he firmly doubted that Sebastian had been a bad influence on anyone at all. It wasn't often that Krieger found himself so approving of other people, but Orsino had won him over first and then Sebastian. They were both good kids - a man would have to be blind to not see that, he reckoned.

"Well they were imbeciles for assuming, we'll leave it at that."

Where did he want to take this conversation? Even now, Krieger was uncertain and he was rapidly growing uncomfortable. Talking about feelings had always been a weak point for him.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Jun 13 2012, 11:33 AM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian shrugged after a moment and shifted, pulling the jacket closer to himself as he did so. Now that he thought about it - there was more than missing them. More than missing Orsino, obviously, anyway. More than missing Hallie or his parents. Honestly, he wasn't sure if it was safe to approach her if he came by her. What would they say to that?

"I do miss having a family, though." He thought, carefully wording it because that was hard to explain. "I'm jealous of them sometimes. The Arcadias, I mean." To be fair, he couldn't say they were a perfect family by any means - but they did seem to get along well enough, despite some obvious differences. That was more than he had right now - more than he would probably ever have again. "That's probably bad to admit somehow, isn't it?" Probably... because it somehow felt wrong to admit that kind of jealousy for something people just were without seeming to try as far as it looked to Sebastian.

"I have way too much time to think." He should attempt to sleep again... But he somehow doubted that that would work out so well.

--------------------
[PM]
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES