• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» Quiet Like Yesterday, tag; krieger!
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Jun 8 2012, 12:15 AM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian couldn't sleep. Not well, at least. More often then not, he lay awake in his bed, unable to sleep. And then when he could? His mind gave him somehow torturous dreams of Orsino. Either he was alive - well - returned from the Games to him in more than just a coffin... Or Sebastian was the one stabbing him to death. He was not sure which he liked better. For the first, he woke up to find a reality so separate and far away from that one that crying into his pillow was the almost immediate response. For the second, he awoke to find that he may as well have been the one to kill the boy he loved, not that tiny girl from Nine.

Either way, Sebastian rolled out from the bed. It was early and the animals in the house were mostly quiet... Except that odd black fox that seemed to have taken a liking to curling up on top of the desk in the corner of his make-shift room. The fox that that victor had brought back - Meadow, he thought her name was - she seemed to like him... For whatever reason.

He slipped from the bed in his pajama pants and undershirt. He shuffled in some drawers in the dresser before finding an old hoodie with a zipper in the front. It was big - too already made to be a bit baggy for whomever wore it and a bit big on him anyway. Mostly because it wasn't his size. It was Orsino's.

He tugged it on, enjoying the smell that still lingered on it before stumbling out of the room. The fox followed him slowly, but Sebastian did not mind. He simply wandered into the kitchen. He felt odd looking around for food, though he had accustomed himself to where everything was by now... It just simply felt odd to be in a house filled with food like this. Sure, he had never had a need to really want at his home - they all made enough to eat well, after all... But it was simply because it wasn't what he was used to - even the food was a little different. He found an orange, though, that he peeled and ate it carefully. It was good, but the forced reminder of watching that scene on the television made his stomach drop.

He tore off a wedge and held it out to the fox, who had jumped up on the counter. "Do you know why he chose to eat this?" He got no response other than a tongue licking at the wedge before feeling the teeth of the fox snatch it up, eating it. He grinned a little, almost weakly. "I guess because it tastes good, then."

--------------------
[PM]
^
Krieger Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Jun 8 2012, 01:00 AM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6ft 3in
207 LBS
District Ten
23-March 12 • 900 Moneys

Schro

"You say that like you've never had an orange in your entire life."

Krieger had been in and out of the house all day (in was his preferred state of being, obviously), but now he was finally off duty and able to relax. Orsino's death had not broken his heart, but it had disappointed him dearly, especially with the boy making it to the top four. Inevitably, the Peacekeeper had found himself thinking of Bullet and how victory had been pulled from his grasp too.

But things were different. Bullet had been a well-trained Career, not to mention his blood brother. Orsino, though... Orsino had been Sebastian's foster brother and while at an advantage with his size and strength, he had not trained for the Games (not to say any of the Careers particularly impressed the Peacekeeper this round). Either way, the relationship between the now late Orsino and Sebastian was very different from what he'd had with Bullet.

He was, all in all, pretty sure the feelings between those two were unspoken but certainly not platonic.

Krieger went to go loot an apple from the fridge, too lazy to be peeling oranges. He washed the red fruit simply under faucet water before taking a bite, crunching through the fruit hungrily and keeping a level eye on Sebastian. Admittedly, he was concerned as to how the boy was handling his grief. He could remember being a mess all those years ago, but his pain had become something constructive.

All he could hope was that Sebastian would not opt for a more destructive route.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Jun 8 2012, 01:14 AM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian found this man's presence at the Victor's home particularly intriguing. Why here? Why this Peacekeeper? However strangely, he remembered the day he had run into him in the street, remembered punching that wall over and over again in his anger and inability to do anything more.

His knuckles were still healing.

"Only a few." He murmured in response as he ate a wedge carefully, chewing a bit, swallowing. "Treats, really. Not exactly common, even if we did have enough money." He admitted, carefully. That was probably why Orsino needed help peeling it - because he probably had had only a few before himself. He gathered the hoodie around himself more. Not for cold so much as it was for comfort now.

The fox nuzzled his hand and he offered it another wedge, starting to eat another of his own.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Krieger Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Jun 8 2012, 01:21 AM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6ft 3in
207 LBS
District Ten
23-March 12 • 900 Moneys

Schro

"Hmm."

He had not really considered that the boys had not been able to afford oranges, but then again he had been a spoiled child in Two and Twist lived in luxury. Sometimes it merely slipped his mind that people were not as well of as he was.

"Hey Meadow," the Peacekeeper addressed the fox calmly. By repeating them, he was slowly learning their names which, he hoped, would serve to please Twist. Casting a glance at Sebastian, he wondered if the boy had put together his reasons for being in this home at this hour. It had to be weird if he could not.

As much as he wanted to bring up Orsino, he couldn't and wouldn't - he wasn't the best with people, but he was sure that would upset Sebastian.

"So you can't sleep, huh?"

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Jun 8 2012, 01:34 AM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

"No. Insomnia or nightmares..." He shook his head after a minute, unsure what to call it. Nightmares, yes. Fear of them, yes. Or maybe he was just thinking too much to sleep. Was that possible? Yes, definitely.

"Are you doing a nightly patrol of the house because of how many times people have broken in?" It was odd, after all. He wasn't a family member. He was a Peacekeeper and, from what he'd gathered, he had been in and out of the place often most days. Not just patrolling, but in the house. He seemed friendly with Bolt but... why would he actually be here? "Or am I that much of a threat?"

There was a darkness to his humor, but it was humor, at least, which was better than fighting the urge to cry half the time. He nibbled on another orange wedge, using his free hand to stroke under Meadow's chin.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Krieger Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Jun 8 2012, 01:46 AM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6ft 3in
207 LBS
District Ten
23-March 12 • 900 Moneys

Schro

Krieger wasn't sure how well he'd slept after Bullet's death, but he had to guess he probably hadn't slept well at all either. He made a noncommittal grunt in response to Sebastian's affirmation, wishing he has some useful or wise advice to give, but he really didn't. He had clung to hatred for decades, letting it fuel him - that wasn't the sort of thing he would really recommend.

He gave pause at the question, trying hurriedly to think of a sensible answer, though glad the boy had not figured him out, seemingly. The opening for a joke, albeit dark, however, was too much to resist.

"I'm looking for a fruit thief. I figure it's you," he chuckled softly, cursing his own inability to figure out what to say to comfort people at times like this.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Jun 8 2012, 01:59 AM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian tore the last two wedges of the orange apart and ate one, grinning weakly as Meadow took it of her own volition. "Sorry, but I think it's Meadow. She seems to like oranges. Maybe she likes other things too."

He shifted, moving so that he was leaning against the counter and then slipping so that he was on level with it, his chin resting against his arm on top of it as he watched the fox finish up the orange. There really was the curious question of why the Peacekeeper was here. Maybe in uniform, yes. In passing, all right. Bolt seemed to be friends with him... and Twist, he did not know. Sebastian could not bring himself to be around the man who had mentored Orsino in the Games. Even if he did not blame him for Orsino's death, there was a certain darkness to that idea he did not like at all. Xavier and Cara? Unlikely connections. Very unlikely connections.

"Why are you here?" It felt like an odd question to ask... After all, why was he here either? An act of compassion by a man who saw him as probably nothing more than a grieving child... Except Sebastian was a grieving child still, if the number of times he still cried was enough to show it.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Krieger Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Jun 8 2012, 06:23 AM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6ft 3in
207 LBS
District Ten
23-March 12 • 900 Moneys

Schro

"Maybe," Krieger responded with a slight smile, eyeing that fox. He hadn't been surprised when Twist had come home toting the animal; animal lover was an understatement in regards to Twist's adoration for all creatures furry and fuzzy and just thankfully not human.

But no, he could not be distracted by Meadow right now. The boy seemed quite keen on knowing his reasons for being in the Victor's mansion constantly. Would it hurt to tell him? Perhaps he'd understand... though maybe it would only serve to upset the boy further.

"I can tell you a little secret then, if you swear to keep your mouth shut about it."

He grinned in what he thought would hopefully be seen in a non-threatening, reassuring sort of way, though he imagined most of the citizens of Panem would not be keen to break promises with Peacekeepers to start. But his reasons for being in the house were plenty, from Twist's presence to the fact that he wanted to keep an eye on Sebastian, having known what it's like to lose someone in the Games. The question was simply now what he would reveal to the boy.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Jun 8 2012, 03:26 PM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

He watched the man, reaching a hand over to nonchalantly pet the fox on the counter before she jumped down and wandered off elsewhere - probably back to his make-shift room. The question made him shift, standing with a weak grin on his lips. "Seeing as the one person I would tell any secrets is not around, I think you are very safe on that." It was in passing, this small admittance of the death, really. But only partial... Not around, could be anything, really, right? Off at work or at school or just hanging out with some other friends or...

He shook himself of this thought... Or, well, tried to. He shifted himself away from the man, as if trying to hide himself - his emotions. He knew he could not hide them - not really. Not now. But he could try... right?

--------------------
[PM]
^
Krieger Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Jun 10 2012, 03:51 AM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6ft 3in
207 LBS
District Ten
23-March 12 • 900 Moneys

Schro

That seemed fair enough, though Krieger wouldn't have given a damn if Sebastian had told Orsino or not. Orsino had been a good kid and it had been a right shame that he hadn't won. Seeing Sebastian suffering like this only made it worse, though he knew there had to be at least one person grieving for each of the other deceased Tributes as well. A long time ago, he had once been one of them.

"I'm not here for work. I'm here because..."

He paused, sucking air in from between his teeth and uttering a faint hissing sound. It was practice, that's what this was. Practice for when he finally had the guts to say this to his brothers in uniform.

"I'm here because the Victor who lives here is my..."

Another long pause - why was this so hard anyway? There was nothing to be embarrassed about. He was a 6 foot three inch Peacekeeper; what was all this silly embarrassment for?

"Twist's my boyfriend. We're dating," he managed finally, the second statement rather redundant after the first. It felt good to be able to say it, though, rather than having to constantly lie and make-up excuses for being around the house. "So now you know."

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Jun 10 2012, 11:50 AM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian watched him carefully at that first pause. Difficult to say, but... why? His brow furrowed as he listened, watching the man before... Oh. Yes, he understood. He knew that there was a safety in telling him - he had yet to rage or scream about Orsino confessing feelings for him. He had only mourned the things that never could have happened, now. Two very different things, there. So, he knew, the difficulty in saying it could not have been about who he was.

"I take it that is probably one of the first times you've said anything so openly." It was... different, really. "Don't worry. It gets easier." He had never been one to openly express his sexuality, but he never really hid the fact either. If someone asked... yes, he was gay. However, that didn't mean he would prance around like some did or scream it from the top of a building. He still had a hard time realizing it, though, and processing it. Kind of hard to process, after all, wanting something different than what seemed to be normal or expected.

"Just takes time... practice, if you can get it." He shrugged after a moment. "I used to tell Orsino and my mom's cat repeatedly until I got used to it." He looked down to see Meadow curling up around his legs, as if nuzzling. "Plenty of animals to work with here, if nothing else." He added, pulling the way-too-big hoodie closer around him now.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Krieger Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Jun 10 2012, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6ft 3in
207 LBS
District Ten
23-March 12 • 900 Moneys

Schro

"It is," the Peacekeeper affirmed in regards to this being the first time he had openly addressed his sexuality. Frankly, he didn't think it was anyone's business, and on top of it, he didn't want people to somehow think less of him for something he could not help. But sooner or later, his workmates would have to know the truth; the incessant teasing about some mystery woman was beginning to grate on his nerves. Lying was growing tiresome, especially since he had thought he was past that point now.

"I'm preparing myself to say that to everyone at work is the thing. I don't know why I'm so damn nervous. I'm a senior Peacekeeper, dammit." He shrugged helplessly, but smiled at the boy's suggestion. "I guess I can tell cows and sheep and the like my secret while I'm out on patrol, eh?"

Slowly, it dawned on the Peacekeeper that he might have done something bad in bringing this up now. After all, Orsino had confessed his feelings for Sebastian in the Arena, hadn't he? Maybe now wasn't the time...

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Jun 10 2012, 07:38 PM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian chuckled and almost immediately felt guilty for even doing that. Not because of Krieger, but because of the heavy feeling that still remained in his chest and the whole new wave of guilt that washed over him. He knew Orsino wanted him to be happy but - but - damn, it hurt to even laugh like that.

"Well, if it works in helping you, then it works." He said, attempting to recover quickly. "Here," He said as he picked up the fox from the ground, holding Meadow against his chest a bit in the way he might hold a cat. "Hi, Meadow. I'm gay." And in love with a dead man. Meadow just sniffed one of his hands, probably smelling the orange on it still. "I see she has the exact same reaction as most of my friends did at the time. Generally, way more concerned if they could have bits of what was in my lunch than who I dated."

He let Meadow down again. "I get that it's different. You can't really chose your co-workers, so you can't stop talking to them or whatever. But if you think it's important, then it's important." He considered the man again carefully. "If absolutely nothing else... baby steps. I mean, not just animals, but... close friends? Does the family even know about it?" Sebastian was unsure on this - he had found it odd, but had not been paying that close attention...

--------------------
[PM]
^
Krieger Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Jun 11 2012, 04:18 AM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6ft 3in
207 LBS
District Ten
23-March 12 • 900 Moneys

Schro

Krieger shook his head.

"At most, they have their suspicions, but I haven't actually told anyone and I don't think Twist has either... or if he has, he hasn't told me and the rest of the family is doing a great job at playing dumb."

He eyed the fox quietly, considering what he would say. He had to start small... tell all of the more silent (relatively speaking) members of Twist's family. Then tell the rest of the family. Then...then his coworkers would get to know.

Maybe the whole world... some day.

"I'll work on it."

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Jun 11 2012, 04:48 AM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian gave a very weak smile. "I'm sure you'll figure it out, somehow." He knew that people could be very... unwelcoming to such things in Ten. Even if he was not particularly obvious about his sexuality in any sense of the word, Sebastian still got strange treatment from some who knew or heard about it from others. However, that didn't mean things could not be approached. It was just with a sense of... delicacy and sensibility. Sure, that did not answer all the problems, but being smart about it made him less likely to end up beat up in an alley.

Come to think of it, Orsino might have gone on a rampage if that happened.

"For what it's worth, he would have believed in you too." He offered, almost, unsure if it would be worth anything. "He liked to believe in people, even if he didn't know how to talk to them sometimes." Somehow, though, he knew this was ultimately useless. It had served him no good in the arena, though it was never really given a chance to serve him.

--------------------
[PM]
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES