• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» With all their lions and all their might, Scyther&Talus/Rant&Bridge
Aislin Moore
 Posted: May 13 2012, 12:16 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'6"
110 LBS
District Ten
29-December 11 • 305 Moneys

Mads

Aislin hummed to herself as she walked along. It was yet another cold day, and she was avoiding her house once again. She pulled her hood on and walked along the road that would lead her to the field she was at almost everyday. She had been avoiding her house only because of her brother and his habits of bringing home girls. It wasn't the fact that he brought home the girls that bugged Aislin, it was just the fact that most of them didn't know right from left.

Though she loved her brother, she couldn't stand being in the house when he brought home a girl. She would always try to avoid being home and try to stay out and about in the district as much as she could, even if she was running out of things to do and just ended up sitting in the field most of the time.

The walk to the field was a familiar one for Aislin, seeing she had walked it probably a hundred times. She could walk the road blind folded if she had to. The field she was walking to had been her favorite one since she was a child, a place she could get away from her parents and brother.

She hummed softly as she walked, trying to avoid the few people around her. She was sure that the people of the district knew her or her brother, the Moore twins got around after all.

"And you said
It was like fire around the brim
Burning solid
Burning thin the burning rim
Like stars burning holes right through the dark
Flicking fire like saltwater in my eyes
You were one inch from the edge of this bed
I drag you back a sleepyhead, sleepyhead."

She sung softly to herself as she walked past the most crowded part of the road she was walking. She tried to stay quiet as she sung, she didn't want people to question her or any of that. She wasn't like her brother who seemed to like the attention.

//ooc: Sorry for the crap post... and random fact: Aislin's pb sung a cover of the lyrics in the post...

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Talus Seige
 Posted: May 13 2012, 01:07 AM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6'3''
200 LBS
District Ten
10-May 12 • 280 Moneys

Bridge

Talus was strolling around the town, waiting for his brother, scyther to show up. Nothing ever happened in district 10 that needed peacekeeping but it wasn't necessarily a bad thing. He was glad he didn't have to use his skills on any civilians. He was doing his job, nonetheless, since people stayed in line with him around. Even if he wasn't using his skillset. He walked around, his goggles on his helmet...it was awfully hot but it was part of the job.

He couldn't help but wonder where Scyther was...Probably out flirting or peeing on a cow somewhere. He sighed, And sat on a hay bale that sat at the edge of the fields. He watched as a civilian woman passed him and headed into the fields. He made little note of it as it happened often and she seemed to be just on her own business. But, as she passed, he heard a soft sound come from her...Humming? Singing maybe? The words, he only caught a little, but as if pulled by string he stood from his seat, and followed behind her, curiosity (his biggest weakness) taking a hold of him. The sound was sweet...But part of his logic mind worried she was crying, and if that was the case he'd want to be as far away from that as possible. He somehow didn't think how strange it would look for a peacekeeper to suddenly leap up and follow a civilan into the fields. Nor that Scyther would have to radio him to find him, now. He just wanted to figure out what that sound was, and hear more of it hopefully. Music was one of the only things that was able to capture his imagination, capture his attention, play on a very complex emotional side of him. He loved listening to the folk songs of the area, despite having to deal with the cow smell to do it. He still follwed her, his gun on his back. He took his helmet off though, and tucked it under his arm.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM] [EMAIL] [ICQ] [AIM] [YIM]
^
Scyther Seige
 Posted: May 13 2012, 09:09 AM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6'1"
190 LBS
District Ten
10-May 12 • 85 Moneys

Rant

It was hot. How could it possibly be this hot in March? Back in Scyther's home of District 2, it would right now probably be raining. But here, it was sweltering and the air was sticky, as though it might have rained recently. Which it had, yesterday, and the fields were swollen and verdant with the fresh water, the grasses rich with sugar (and the animals were a little crazy with it). But it felt like the rain was either just passed or impending, given the amount of moisture in the air. It was sticky. The heat clung to Scyther's skin like something tangible. It made his Peacekeeper uniform feel too-tight and confining - and like it needed an air conditioning unit inside it. He could feel the sweat rolling down his side, and it was a very uncomfortable sensation.

Admittedly, Scyther had a low tolerance for heat, and on top of it, they were just coming into spring from winter, so nobody had really adjusted to the days of higher temperatures yet. Some loved it. Some welcomed it. But for Scyther, seventy degrees Fahrenheit wasn't pleasant, and from what he was told, it would only get worse as spring progressed and became summer. Ugh. He dreaded it. But fortunately, he was good at finding ways of distracting himself from thinking about it too much. His morning had been spent finding small practical, harmless pranks to pull on people, until Talus has radioed him to meet up. So he made his way over, whistling tunelessly to himself, greeting strangers as he passed them with all the courtesy one would expect of a good Peacekeeper. He reached the intersection where his brother had proposed a rendezvous, and looked around. He wasn't there. That wasn't like Talus at all. Scyther was always the one showing up late (sometimes not at all), Talus was always incredibly punctual. In fact, Scyther was late. Only by about five minutes, but that couldn't be helped. There had been a pretty girl to help gather the groceries she had dropped.

No, there he was, in the field nearby. Following a girl, it seemed. What the hell? Talus was almost never interested in girls. She didn't seem to have noticed him yet. Creepy, Tal. Was he always this weird about girls on his own time?

His radio....a smirk spread Scyther's lips, the kind that should make other people around him stand back. He pulled his radio off his belt, set it to a local frequency so only Talus' radio would pick it up, and then lifted it to his lips. "Watcha doin' Talus? Following that girl? Do you think she's preeeettyyyy~? You know what mom said about following pretty girls: It's kinda creepy, Tal."

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Aislin Moore
 Posted: May 13 2012, 01:19 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'6"
110 LBS
District Ten

Mads

Aislin hummed as she walked, the days were getting warmer and her sweater was almost too heavy to be wearing the heat. She didn't care though, it wasn't like she really wanted to go home and change, there was always a chance that her brother had a girl at home and then she'd be stuck having to play over protective sister. Of course she loved playing that game, but she didn't feel like playing it that day. Not for a while at least, she always got annoyed of the girls when she did play the little game.

She stopped on the edge of the field, looking out over it. She and Thanos had come to the field often over the last few months, but then he decided to stop talking to her. She didn't mind that; she saw it coming. Aislin wasn't like her brother; she could barely keep someone around, let alone just hook up with someone. Her brother was the player of the two of them, but sometimes Aislin wished she could turn the tables and make her brother have to play the stupid game that she always did.

Aislin didn't have a chance to finish the song she was singing due to the crunch of foot steps behind her. She almost didn't turn around, expecting it to be Thanos, but she doubted it was him. So she turned around, surprised to see a Peacekeeper. She almost panicked, due to the fact that the field was probably district owned and they had found out she was on it probably illegally. But she had been out on the field hundreds of times over the last few years, no one ever bugged her. Let alone come out that way. She put on a straight face before speaking; "Can I help you?" It probably wasn't the best thing to say to a Peacekeeper, but she didn't care. She knew she could stand up for herself, she did to Aeron all the time.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Talus Seige
 Posted: May 13 2012, 03:18 PM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6'3''
200 LBS
District Ten
10-May 12 • 280 Moneys

Bridge

The warmth, humidity was a good thing to Talus. It was welcomed, at least from an agricultural standpoint. Or at least he thought. He didn't know squat about cows, but he'd assume that the humidity would make them more tender, or something like that. But yes it was hot and uncomfortable. Talus was just very adaptable, and taking off his helmet to let heat escape his cranium was his way of adapting. He'd splash some cold water on his neck eventually...that always brought his temp down after a vigorous workout. He wasn't paying attention, so when the girl stopped and turned it took him a moment to stop himself.
And then she spoke.

She had a look of...something on her face...Couldn't tell what, but it didn't look good. Her words confirmed such, and since he wasn't following her on any official business, he fumbled.

"U-uh...I um...No. No I just was...Well..." He stammered, trying to come up with one of his brothers clever lies, and speak of the devil that punks voice came over his neck radio. Oh good god. He grabbed the speaker and grit his teeth, hissing lightly....well shit. He was right. He couldn't just tell her 'oh yeah I heard you singing so I followed you.' That's kind of weird. If anyone else said it to him, he'd be suspicious. "Hah...No, no I justuh....." And again he was at a loss for words. you damn punk...you'll get it later he thought to himself, before turning his attention to the girl. He mostly just stood there, 'uhhh'ing like a neanderthal, before he decided to just be honest.

"s-sorry....I uh...just...heard you singing." He gulped, holding on tight to the area where the mic was in his uniform. Now he wished she was doing something illegal, he'd be able to say something coherent.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Aislin Moore
 Posted: May 13 2012, 07:51 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'6"
110 LBS
District Ten

Mads

Aislin stared at the peacekeeper as he looked almost, somewhat confused about what she had asked him. She was sure that was the first time she heard a peacekeeper stumble on what they were saying. She was sure that he didn't know if she was breaking the law or not. Hell she didn't even know if she was. Though she could tell that he was following her for a reason, one that Aislin didn't know the meaning of really.

The hiss of a radio made it seem liked she was in trouble almost. Aislin thought about the possibilities of her being able to out run a peacekeeper. She doubted she would be able to out run him. She was just too clumsy to run that fast, she'd end up falling on her face and be in some deep crap.

She stared at him confused for a minute. He heard her singing? She realized she must have past by him while walking to the field. She had never had someone follow her while she was singing, so she was slightly creeped out by the fact that someone had actually followed her. "You heard me singing?" she asked almost confused.

Stupid, she was so stupid. She hated people listening to her sing, yet she still wanted to be a famous singer one day. It was a stupid dream, but everyone had one of those. She sighed and looked at the peacekeeper. "You heard me singing, so you followed me? Who the hell does that?"

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Scyther Seige
 Posted: May 13 2012, 10:40 PM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6'1"
190 LBS
District Ten
10-May 12 • 85 Moneys

Rant

From where he stood on the corner, Scyther watched his brother and the girl, saw her turn and realize that she was being followed, right as Talus' hand went up to cover the radio. Oh shit, she looked pissed. He should probably get over there and do some damage control, since he had probably been the cause of Tal's cover being blown. But first, he had to get control over himself, because currently he was having a lot of difficulty controlling his laughter, for all he tried. If it didn't come out of his mouth, it tried to come out of his nose. He clamped his hand over both orifices and turned to face the nearest wall until the hilarity subsided, not wanting civilians to see a peacekeeper having a fit of laughter. Didn't exactly seem professional, and it certainly wasn't - especially not the cause.

Having recovered, he bounded across the street and leaped the fence in one go, landing on the springy grass and running like an excited dog to meet the two subjects of his most recent prank. His brother would probably get him back for it later, but until then, he would enjoy the effects. He reached the pair and slung an arm around Tal's shoulders. "Hi!" he exclaimed, with an enthusiasm that would rapidly get exhausting for most people. "I'm Scyther, this creeper is Talus, he's my brother, I'm sorry he was following you." He finished the long sentence faster than it took most people to say five words, and flashed an excited grin. "But you're not supposed to be in here, ma'am, so maybe that's why he was following you, but he's also just weird, so yeah."

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Talus Seige
 Posted: May 14 2012, 02:26 AM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6'3''
200 LBS
District Ten
10-May 12 • 280 Moneys

Bridge

"UUhhhh...." He stammered at her words, bumbling over himself. She was absolutely right. who the hell does that? At least without stopping to say 'Hey ma'am you have a really nice voice, maybe you could sing something for me' or sOMETHING...just following her. that was weird. Even for Talus. And then the familiar thump of Scythers feet onto the ground sounded and he was nearly blown foreward by his brothers arm flinging around his shoulders. He glared a bit...but then realized he was helping. And that was all he needed to formulate a lie.

"Yes, yes. That's exactly it, Ma'am. They're doing some crop dusting in these fields today to ward of parasites and it's not entirely safe. What I meant is that I heard you singing, and I felt it would be rude to interrupt." Well, there. That was kind of better. Wasn't entirely a lie either. Sometime this week there was a dusting scheduled. "My brother here seems to know how to do his job much better than I though and brought my attention to the danger." He said, straightening up, feeling a lot more confident. What WAS wrong with him? Normally he thought before acting. But when it came to things that made him curious there were no holds barred...it was like his mind had a mind of his own, or something stupid like that.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Aislin Moore
 Posted: May 14 2012, 08:27 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'6"
110 LBS
District Ten

Mads

Aislin raised an eyebrow as the pecaekeeper stammered over of what to say. She a wanted to laugh, but that probably was rude and could probably get her in trouble. Even though she could hold her own, Aislin was sure that she couldn't even stand up against a peacekeeper.

Though, when another peacekeeper came over she got slightly worried. The second pecaekeeper introduced them. Scryther and Talus. Brothers. A twinge of worry went through Aislin. She was sure she was in trouble then.

She was surprised when they told her she was at the field illegally. It didn't surprise her that she had finally been told that she was out in the field illegally, but the stupid reason to be on the field illegally. "Crop dusting?" she asked. "Whatever. I didn't hear anything about crop dustings today."

//ooc: sorry for the crap-ish post... I did it with my phone.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Scyther Seige
 Posted: May 14 2012, 09:11 AM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6'1"
190 LBS
District Ten
10-May 12 • 85 Moneys

Rant

This is when it happened, the part where Scyther stepped up to the plate and behaved like a grown man. Only, of course, after stifling a snicker when Talus mentioned cropdusting, and resisting the urge to say 'I'll cropdust this field.' The girl was being stubborn, and frankly, a little rude, considering who she was talking to. Not that Scyther wasn't used to getting lip. It was nothing he couldn't handle, and it didn't bother him in the least. But her bold words would have angered another Peacekeeper, and she wouldn't always get away with talking like that, so really, it was to her benefit that he put her in her place, as gently as possible. He dropped his arm from around his brother's shoulders and stood up straight, putting as much authority into his voice as possible without coming off as a prick - if that were even possible. But he tried his best to sound good-natured at the same time.

"You wouldn't, ma'am, they don't tell everyone, they don't have time for that. They generally tend to assume that people won't trespass. But people do, obviously, and that's why we're here. We're going to have to ask you to return to the other side of the fence, please. It's for your own safety."

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Talus Seige
 Posted: May 14 2012, 09:21 AM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6'3''
200 LBS
District Ten
10-May 12 • 280 Moneys

Bridge

And again his brother stepped up to save his retarded ass. He sighed and straightened as well, putting on his normal face. "My brother is right, Miss. They do it when they can and inform those who can make sure the citizens are safe. We wouldn't be doing out jobs if we didn't escort you back into town." he said, fully recovered now, his stern face back. He really needed to curb his curiosity. He stepped o the side, though, and motioned for her to pass him, going into town. He'd get physical if he had to; He was allowed to. Just haul her over his shoulder and plop her back in town, lock the gate and keep watch....just till that dusting. oh what a lie he'd spun. However, in the distance he heard the puttering engine of a plane. He felt relief, internally, as even if this wasn't a cropduster, his lie was atleast a little backed up. He glanced to Scyther and gave him 'the look'....then turned his attention to the girl again.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Aislin Moore
 Posted: May 14 2012, 09:20 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'6"
110 LBS
District Ten

Mads

Aislin tried not to glare down the peacekeepers like she'd glare down her brother. She was slightly mad that she was finally told she couldn't go out to her field. The field she had been going to for at least three years. She didn't care, she knew that the field was probably district property and that this day had been coming for years. She was just surprised they had to tell her a stupid reason to get her off the field, but she wouldn't put it past them. They were the "law" and the "law" was the stupid Capitol after all.

She almost wondered if she could challenge them. She was tempted too, almost, but she knew what happened to people who stood up against peacekeepers. She would be seen as a trader and killed. She sighed, thinking about her options. Talking her way out of it seemed to be the best way for her. "I'm sorry. I never knew it was illegal to go for a walk, but okay... I'll go back to the other side of the fence." She wanted to shrug them off and hopefully get back out to the field, it wasn't like she wanted to be home anytime soon.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Talus Seige
 Posted: May 14 2012, 09:35 PM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6'3''
200 LBS
District Ten
10-May 12 • 280 Moneys

Bridge

He blinked. He was rather confused. She wasn't even listening t them and that was one way to get Talus annoyed pretty fast. "Miss, I think you are misunderstanding us. You can go out into this field any other day, but there is some pesticidal maintenance going on today. The pesticide is extremely poisonous....We're only looking out for the safety of civilians." he said, just completely at awe at her words. Then again, she was a woman. He was trying his BEST to put on some kind of smile. To seem what she might view as friendly. He was already getting exasperated with her...He hoped Scyther had a way to undo this...Smooth talk his way out of it or something. Though just then, he thought of something.
"Because this field," And he pointed to the opposite field she was going to "Is getting dusted any time." He hoped she'd say 'oh im not going to that one im going to this one!' an they could leave her alone....

--------------------
user posted image
^
Scyther Seige
 Posted: May 14 2012, 10:03 PM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6'1"
190 LBS
District Ten
10-May 12 • 85 Moneys

Rant

Obvious authority issues going on, here. And sure enough, Talus didn't respond well, just as Scyther anticipated. Talus wasn't good at keeping emotional civilians under control. He was great at doing his job when shit got real, but when it came to trivial things like this, he was a floundering fish out of water. Thankfully though, Scyther tended to be fluent in the language of the ladies, and was charismatic enough to calm most people down fairly effectively. This was nothing, of course. She wasn't anywhere close to out of hand, and there wasn't even any real danger, so even if she did disobey them, the worst that would happen is she would think too much of herself for having gotten away with it. This was just a stupid situation that Talus' awkwardness had gotten them into, and Scyther had had the good heart to come help him. So, he stepped in again. He smiled winningly, and played his cards.

"Ma'am, you're welcome to walk in this field any other day, I understand how important it might be to you. But today it's just too dangerous. Who knows what that pesticide could do, and it'd be such a shame for a pretty girl like you to get sick. If you want to go for a walk, you could come walk with me for a bit, if you like. Just, not here." He paused, then gestured vaguely toward the neighboring field Talus had just indicated. "Or there. That one's bad too."

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Aislin Moore
 Posted: May 15 2012, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'6"
110 LBS
District Ten

Mads

Aislin wanted to push someone off a roof, seemingly because that really was the only way she could hurt someone (as tested on her brother when they were younger). She knew she could only go so far with pushing peacekeepers, it was dangerous no matter what the district or who the peacekeeper.

She was weighing her options at the moment, none of which were really something she wanted to do. She didn't want to think about heading home, not yet at least, but then her other option was put before her by one of the peacekeepers, she could walk with him/them. It was an idea Aislin, on any other day, would have hated and would have shot it down. But this wasn't really a normal day, seeing her favorite field was being "crop dusted"

Aislin held back a sighed. She decided that she was going to take the second option, seeing that she didn't want to go home and probably run into Aeron and another dumb blonde. "Okay," she put a smiled on her face. "I think a walk would be nice."

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES