• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» Who's to blame anyway?, Windy
Juneau Powell
 Posted: Mar 28 2013, 07:49 PM
[QUOTE]
Delivery girl
Female
5'5
127 LBS
District Six
15-September 11 • 1380 Moneys

Meadowlark

Juneau stared at the door anxiously. She'd just been staring at it for at least ten minutes now. Her arms were starting to hurt. The large basket she'd brought with her wasn't too heavy for her except after a prolonged amount of time. Which it had been.

What was she doing here?

She looked down at the basket of treats and goodies. It was stupid. She didn't know this girl. This Champion. And the girl had been to the Capitol. She probably didn't want or need anything from the Districts anymore. Surely all the pastries were better there weren't they? And who was to say the girl was even here?

Well there was talk. Talk that the Champion had returned to Six. Without her siblings. Returned alone.

Juneau's anxiety rose. Anxiety that had been slowly building since the end of the last games.

Those children had all died because of her.

Stop it.

Windy was alone...because of HER.

Juneau jumped forward and knocked on the door hurriedly. This was a stupid idea. But she was here. There was no going back. And if she didn't do SOMETHING to stem the guilt that made her distracted and quiet, that drained all the passion out of life...well she might as well try. She had to.

She knocked on the door again.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Windy Procyon
 Posted: Mar 29 2013, 04:40 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
n/a
5'1
94.6 LBS
District Six
20-November 12 • 1465 Moneys

Patsy

Windy had been home for a while, or "home" it did not feel like home. She didn't have her siblings there, she didn't have anyone she cared about. She had lost them all. Sure she had her parents in the district, but Windy had decided to separate from them, they had not voted, it was their fault! She took a deep breath and looked down at her hands. Her foot was finally better, she didn't have to use a walking stick or wheelchair anylonger.

Hearing a knock on the door Windy's eyes grew wider, she wanted to hide, she could hide, but where, under the table? She could feel herself panicing, "Its just a knock on the door" She said calmly to herself, and carefully made her way over to the door. She opened it up and looked up at the girl.

"hi" Windy said looking at the girl.

--------------------
user posted image
the lovely sig and avatar is made by RYEA <3

user posted image
[PM]
^
Juneau Powell
 Posted: Mar 29 2013, 08:07 AM
[QUOTE]
Delivery girl
Female
5'5
127 LBS
District Six

Meadowlark

The door opened. Juneau felt her heart sink into her stomach, but plastered a smile on anyway as she resisted the urge to dart away before the girl could spot her.

"Hi! I know you don't know me but I'm Juneau. I made you a homecoming gift basket," because that made sense. "I know you didn't just get back but the Sectors didn't really count," did that make anymore sense? Probably not.

She tried to continue to give her best attempt at a cheerful smile. Usually finding it easier to talk than this, Juneau was hindered by her fear that the girl would somehow sense it was Juneau's fault she and her family had been voted into the arena. Specifically because Juneau HADN'T voted.

But, she reminded herself, no one but Juneau knew that and no one else was EVER going to know that. She held out the basket. "It's just pastries and stuff. You've probably had better but its the thought that counts right?"

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Windy Procyon
 Posted: Mar 30 2013, 03:45 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
n/a
5'1
94.6 LBS
District Six

Patsy

Windy looked at the girl standing there. "its nice to meet you" She said with a weak smile over to her. Windy looked at the girl rather confused, why was she bringing her a basket? It didn't make sense, wasn't that what old people did to new neighbors? "You dont have to bring me something" Windy said biting her lips, she took a step backwards. Not feeling like staying outside. She held the door open for the older girl.

"If you want to come in, you can, I was just about to make a warm chocolate, you could have one too and we could eat something from the basket?" Windy suggested. Maybe the girl just wanted to get to know her? Why else would she be there? She probably knew Hal Windy's mentor. She looked at the girl before she stepped further in. She didn't feel like being outside, it felt scary, all the people staring asking questions.

What if windy inviting the girl in would mean that other people would start to show up. She hoped that was not the case.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
[PM]
^
Juneau Powell
 Posted: Mar 30 2013, 10:31 PM
[QUOTE]
Delivery girl
Female
5'5
127 LBS
District Six

Meadowlark

"Oh I know I didn't have to," she hurried to say but stopped at the invitation to come inside.

She didn't want to. She really didn't. But wasn't that the whole POINT? That this girl might be lonely (she sure as hell would be if she were in Windy's shoes) and if there was anything she could do to help, she should? Just looking at the girl was making the guilt worse instead of better...

...but wasn't that what she deserved anyway?

Maybe she was just here to punish herself.

"Oh yea. Sure," Juneau answered. It didn't occur to her until after she stepped inside, still holding the basket, that a little girl like this shouldn't be letting strangers into her home. Of course, she was a Victor or close enough anyway, and anyone who would dare hurt her would have to be completely insane. There were consequences beyond mere death for that sort of thing, of that Juneau was sure. She didn't quite dare chide the girl on the danger, however. The kid had been through hell. She surely knew about the dangers other people could present after being in a Hunger Games.

She looked around, curious and trying to stave off the awkward silence that had descended as she waited to see where the Champion kid would lead her.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Windy Procyon
 Posted: Mar 31 2013, 11:48 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
n/a
5'1
94.6 LBS
District Six

Patsy

Windy hurried to close the door and lock it after the girl had entered. "Uhm, I don't want mum or dad to just come inside or Rock just to show up" Windy said shortly referring to her older brother and her parents. She knew that the older girl would understand why. Or she had to understand. "they didn't vote, its their fault" Windy said and walked into the living-room after she had found two cups. She waited for the chocolate to warm up before she poured it into two cups.

She placed the cups at the table before she climbed up into her chair and pulled her feet up under her. Hugging her knees up to her chest. She pulled a face, it hurted her foot slightly. "Did you go to the old amusement park?" Windy asked the older girl. Windy had not had the chance to go there, she had been at home with her siblings till they all had been reaped. She looked over at the girl as she waited for her answer, before she took a sip of her cup of hot chocolate.

She pulled yet an another face, it didn't taste like the one she had been served in the capitol at the hospital. She looked down. "it don't taste the same as in the capitol" She explained with a pulled face. She gave the other girl a smile.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
[PM]
^
Juneau Powell
 Posted: Mar 31 2013, 07:48 PM
[QUOTE]
Delivery girl
Female
5'5
127 LBS
District Six

Meadowlark

They didn't vote...it was their fault... Juneau paled and froze for a moment, staring at the girl in shock. She felt shaken and confused and completely out of place as she stood there. It wasn't her fault. There was that. Then there was the sick realization it could have been her family that this had happened too. Then guilt for thinking that. And guilt for feeling better because Windy's family's blood wasn't on her hands.

She hurried to catch up to the district Six Champion, taking a seat across from the girl and trying to gather her thoughts.

"Um...yea. Ran around there a bit. Why? Did you?" she asked, folding her arms on the table in front of her and trying to sound casual.

She had gone there with her siblings. They'd bugged and badgered her into dragging them along, even when she'd wanted to be alone. Somehow it felt wrong to bring that up now, here, to this girl who'd lost her own siblings.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" she added as Windy made an observation about the basket food.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Windy Procyon
 Posted: Jun 4 2013, 01:27 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
n/a
5'1
94.6 LBS
District Six

Patsy

Windy shaked her head, she hadn't been there. She had stayed at home with her siblings. She didn't dare to go there. "I didn't go there, it seemed to scary" She said with a small smile. "I never wanted to go, they wanted to, they went i think, but i never dared too" Windy explained further. The they she was referring to was her siblings. She

Windy shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know, because in the capitol they've got so much different things, but the things they have from district six, don't taste as it does back in district six, " Windy said, managing to confuse herself a little bit. She was not sure about what she felt about it at all. She sighed and looked over at the older girl.

She took an another small sip of the hot chocolate. Nope did not taste as it did in the capitol. It was odd, why did it not taste like that? Windy would have to try to find a talent as well. She didn't know what kind of talent, but she was sure she'd find one one day. "your safe from being reaped are you not?" Windy asked, she didn't want to get to know anyone and risk them ending up dead in the games..

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
[PM]
^
Juneau Powell
 Posted: Jun 10 2013, 12:03 PM
[QUOTE]
Delivery girl
Female
5'5
127 LBS
District Six

Meadowlark

They? Juneau didn't ask the question out loud though. She was nervous about saying something that might hurt the girl. Bringing up memories of family now gone was surely unwarranted. Shifting uncomfortably, Juneau decided to avoid the topic of the amusement park. Just in case.

"Yea. Well as safe as I can be I suppose," Juneau said, more somberly than she normally would have. These last few Games had turned the rules on their head. Who knew what new twist waited around the bend?

And with her own treachery still apparently unpunished, she had a sinking feeling in her gut it was entirely possible that she might find herself suddenly NOT beyond the reach of being Reaped. She fell silent as she struggled with that notion, that she herself might be Reaped for what she'd done.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Windy Procyon
 Posted: Jun 11 2013, 03:47 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
n/a
5'1
94.6 LBS
District Six

Patsy

Windy looked over at Juneau, why didn't the girl want cocoa? It was from the capitol! She bit her lip and looked over at her before she pulled a face. "Some of the old victors are odd, they just walk around with drinks in their hands and do silly things" Windy said. She looked over at the older girl. "the girl lia something said i should find some whiskey for hal, because he needed it" Windy said looking up.

"have you tasted it?" Windy asked. It couldn't be that dangerous right? It was just like soda right? BUt it was for adults and not kids. But then again Windy was not a kid, she was a teen, because she was thirteen. That was a important detail.

Why was the Juneau so silent? Had Windy said something wrong? Windy wasn't sure, had she? She looked over at her worried. "Whats wrong?"

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
[PM]
^
Juneau Powell
 Posted: Jul 2 2013, 07:27 AM
[QUOTE]
Delivery girl
Female
5'5
127 LBS
District Six

Meadowlark

Juneau shifted uncomfortably. She wasn't close to any of the Victors, they were basically celebrities and she'd never had the chance to meet one, not really. She supposed she should be nervous talking to Windy, Windy was a celebrity of sorts wasn't she? But it was different. Champions...were different weren't they? She felt more guilty thinking that. Like she was belittling Windy's victory, her trials. But it was true wasn't it? Or else why wouldn't she just be called a Victor?

However, there was no doubt that everything Windy was saying was true. Victors were more than odd, some of them seemed downright dangerous. Silly was a very polite word for the way she'd seen some of them behave on television, and Juneau suddenly realized that this poor kid was going to be around these less than savory characters a lot. Without siblings to watch out for her, and estranged from her parents, what might that do to the poor traumatized child?

"Whiskey? No, I'm only nineteen. I'm not old enough to drink it..." she trailed off, wondering how welcome her advice would be. Shoving forward anyway, she tried to grin at the younger girl. When had she balked at being honest? A little bit of guilt shouldn't make her change who she was, or stop her from doing something she felt was right. "You probably shouldn't drink either...I mean I know you're like a Victor and stuff. There are probably special rules for you...but that stuff is really bad for you."

She tried to sound casual, but some of her concern she was feeling had to bleed through. She ignored the 'what was wrong'. It wasn't something she would ever tell Windy, wasn't something she'd ever tell anyone.

"So you've met all the Victors then? Some of them seem a little...uh...unstable...on television. I'd be careful. You know, around some of them," she'd heard stories about fights that ended with real injuries. Windy was so young...she could accidentally say or do something that sent one of them off...but District Six Victors would protect her wouldn't they?

Juneau hoped so.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Windy Procyon
 Posted: Jul 8 2013, 01:51 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
n/a
5'1
94.6 LBS
District Six

Patsy

Windy watched the older girl, she found her to be really quiet, a bit to quiet maybe she had done wrong in inviting her in? Maybe she shouldn't have done that? No! She couldn't start thinking like that, she'd probably end up making herself go scared and be terrified of the girl. She bit her lower lip and watched her. She took a deep breath and gave her a small weak smile. What was the older girl thinking about? Was she evil? or was she just one of thoose who liked to think.. a lot? .

Did the older girl just come there to talk to Windy? That seemed a bit odd, Windy didn't know her, she had never seen her before. She looked down at her hands, it felt odd, she didn't know what to do, she closed her eyes. Wishing that Forest or Daisy was there, or Faron. She opened up her eyes and looked into her lap, till she heard the girls voice, she lifted her head up and looked over at her. But the victors drank Wiskey! Some even had said they had started once they were younger. But not as young as windy herself, so windy wasn't sure when they had started. All she knew was that it made them act odd.

Why was she telling her that she shouldn't be drinking it? Windy knew she shouldn't be. One she wasn't old enough in theory, two she didn't want to act all odd and be like the others, three it scared her slightly, what if she ended up like the crazy ones! "I'm not drinking it, because i don't want to be like the crazy ones" Windy said giving her shoulders a small shrug. She wrinkled her nose, she rules were boring, really boring.

She gave her head a shake, hearing Juneau say 'So you've met all the Victors then? Some of them seem a little...uh...unstable...on television. I'd be careful. You know, around some of them,' She had not meet all of them, and truth said, she did not want to meet all of them! She had been hiding, trying to get away from people as they had approached her in the capitol, and after they had returned home she had been avoiding them and everyone else. "I havent, I hid away from them" Windy admitted. "I've meet a few, but i've seen them all, but I hid, they're scary and they could eat anyone alive!"

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
[PM]
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES