• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» Food for Thought, Len/Windy
Len Kinlan
 Posted: Dec 2 2013, 04:09 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'1
110 LBS
District Six
28-November 13 • 140 Moneys

Bette

Len hadn’t even been two steps up the stairs in his house when he had his job presented to him that sent him right back where he came from. It was shopping time, one of his least favourite chores of them all, and right when he was about to finish up one of his projects too. Nonetheless, he didn’t put up even the slightest hint of a fight; rather, grabbed the bags and his list, and set back down the stairs. Looks like that would have to wait for when he came back.

Len rolled his eyes at the piece of paper in front of him. Of course, there were needed items scrawled all up the front and back of the list, in a messy excuse for handwriting that he had learned how to interpret quite a while ago. His parents did seem to like the idea of what he called binge shopping, where his parents would procrastinate the event for as long as they possibly could, which was long enough for them to buy a whole truckload of things at once. Sometimes he wondered where they got the money for this, though most of the time he didn’t give it much thought. Time and experience had proved this to be a useless battle, as thinking about it only resulted in a headache rather than answers.

Within the next couple of minutes, Len had thrown on his shoes and left his house, a few bags in hand, to walk up to the market, which wasn’t too far away from his home. His parents had always insisted on him walking, and it wasn’t like he could drive, so what choice did he have? At least it was a good workout, and a nice enough day for it. At least he had that to be thankful for; he had done several walks over in ugly weather, and it was never fun.

Shopping was a rather quick and quiet affair for Len, despite the extensive list he had to get checked off, as well as a few things from another shop nearby that he needed for his studies. He was rather excited to get back home once all of this shopping was done; he had been experimenting with a few topics of interest lately, and the results he found proved to be quite different from what he had expected. His shopping soon became forgotten while on this train of thought, and thoughts of science soon became prominent as he aimlessly wandered around the store. What was he looking here for again? Oh, but his list was in his back pocket, he’d check it later, he had loads of time to do so. While he was particularly caught up in his thoughts, Len had forgotten to watch where he was going, and ended up walking straight into another person.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” he snapped out of his trance quickly and offered a hasty apology. “My fault, I wasn’t watching where I was going. Are you all right?”
[PM]
^
Windy Procyon
 Posted: Dec 4 2013, 11:40 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
n/a
5'1
94.6 LBS
District Six
20-November 12 • 1465 Moneys

Patsy

Windy didn't know why she was in in district six. She didn't like it there, she hated district six. She hated her parents, her family who had not voted, when they knew that there would be consequences. Of course not voting would have consequences! She couldn't believe how they had not bothered to vote, she felt like she didn't know them anymore. She didn't want to know them. Why should she know the ones who apparently didn't care if they lived or if they died? She took a deep breath before she continued to walk, all in her own thoughts. She didn't know where she was going or where she was heading. She just kept walking, she found herself inside somewhere. She hadnt even noticed that she had gone inside. She took a deep breath before she stopped walking and looked at the shelf that was located right in front of her.

She didn't need any of it, so maybe she should just keep on walking. But a part of her didn't want to move on, she was looking at snow globes. They were so beautiful, she had one back in the victor village, she loved that snow globe, she had bought it in the capitol. She preferred the capitol infront of district six. People were so much friendlier in the capitol, she couldn't explain it. She snapped out of her own thoughts and continued to walk. She turned the corner of the shelf and continued to walk down the isle. She looked over her shoulder when she heard a noise, she shouldn't have done that, because she collided with someone.

She turned her head back towards the person as she heard the voice, she knew that voice. "its okay, its okay, i wasn't really paying attention either" Windy said with a bright smile. "I'm fine, don't worry, are you okay Len?" Windy asked as she remembered his name. She had talked to him before, many times before so she would have been a bad friend if she had forgotten his name. She pushed her hair out of her face and smiled brightly at him.

"how have you been doing?" Windy asked him with a smile, was he out shopping for his parents? Or was he just out looking at things? She didn't know, maybe he would tell her? She hoped he would want to talk to her, that he didn't try to avoid her. She didn't want people to avoid her, she hadn't done anything wrong,

--------------------
user posted image
the lovely sig and avatar is made by RYEA <3

user posted image
[PM]
^
Len Kinlan
 Posted: Dec 4 2013, 01:24 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'1
110 LBS
District Six

Bette

Len had afterwards bent to pick up what he had dropped, slipping out of his grasp after the surprise person on person collision, which was a pen that he had been holding between his fingers to cross off the items on his list as he went. Huh, he had forgotten that he had even been holding it in the first place. Time to pay more attention, he assumed. Not everyone was forgiving of him walking straight into them. It took him a few seconds for this to register through his brain, but he knew the voice of the girl who had responded. He peered over his shoulder in curiosity while getting back up from his knees to his feet and stuffing the pen in his back pocket with the shopping list. Oh hey, so he had been right after all. It was a familiar face, he realized as he caught sight, his eyes widening a little, though it was just in the very slightest of gestures. He quickly blinked to mask this action and stepped forward.

“Oh, Windy, is that you? Hello,” he was surprised, but gave the girl a small smile upon recognition. “It’s been a while, I didn’t expect to see you here. And yes, I’m okay, thank you for asking.”

Windy was one of the few people whose company Len could actually say he could enjoy. While she was a bit younger than he was, by about two or so years, she wasn’t one to go on and on about things he didn’t care about to him, and she was rather kind as well. So, when he’d seen her in the previous Games, he of course had a right to be at least a little concerned. She did, however, come back, despite the low odds of doing so. He’d been happy for her.

“I’m getting by all right. You know, it’s just been the same old same old,” he shrugged, his voice still fairly soft as usual. “But how are you?”

He had wondered a bit how she had been doing afterward, though it seemed that he would now find out. It was a lot to go through, he knew, though not first hand. And it was hopefully it was never something he would have to do himself, if he could make it through the next three years without his name being picked. So close yet so far!
[PM]
^
Windy Procyon
 Posted: Dec 7 2013, 03:22 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
n/a
5'1
94.6 LBS
District Six
20-November 12 • 1465 Moneys

Patsy

Windy looked over at Len with a smile on her face, he was picking up the things he had dropped. She nodded her head he said her name asking if she was Windy. She was indeed Windy. He hadn't expected to see her there, but then again who was? She was glad that he was doing okay, it was nice to see him again. She smiled brightly, a friendly familiar face in district six who would have thought? "I'm not often in district six, it dont feel like home anymore" Windy said giving her shoulders a small shrug.

“I’m getting by all right. You know, it’s just been the same old same old,” he shrugged, “But how are you?” he added. Windy gave her shoulders a small shrug. How was she? It was the question she disliked the most, but still she asked others the same question. "I donno, everything feels so wrong, that they are dead and I'm alive, its not fair, they knew so much more, and its not fair, I disappointed them, I didn't save them, I miss them" Windy answered, she knew it didn't answer the question but it was what she felt, she felt like she had disappointed her brother and sister with not finding them, not being able to help them. She felt guilty.

She felt like she had disappointed them she hadn't been there for them, like they had been for the start of her life. They had used to do everything for her, they had babied her around, dolled her up, done everything for her. She missed them so much, thinking about them made her feel sad, she didn't want to feel sad. She twirled her fingers together nervously as she looked down at the floor.

"its nice in the capitol thought, its like they show it on the screens," Windy told him, talking about the capitol didn't make her feel as sad, because she had had had some nice things happening there. She wrinkled her nose. "Have you been to the other districts?" Windy asked him with a smile, she enjoyed going to the other districts, it made her get to know many new people.

--------------------
user posted image
the lovely sig and avatar is made by RYEA <3

user posted image
[PM]
^
Len Kinlan
 Posted: Dec 8 2013, 02:34 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'1
110 LBS
District Six

Bette

“Yeah, I can imagine,” Len responded quietly, looking down at the floor. “What brought you here today?” He was curious at this. “Other than shopping, I mean.” He realized a bit too late that it was rather obvious what brought people to stores. To shop, of course.

Len’s eyes widened as Windy’s mood went downhill with her words. “Well, I can’t say I understand how you feel because it’s obvious to both of us that I don’t,” he shrugged again, trying to look at least a little comforting. “But if you need anything from me, let me know, okay?” He figured that it was the least he could do. Len never was great at socializing or anything, but he could always listen. Listening was always easy, right? Len could tell that she was growing sad just thinking about it, and he went into panic mode and thought overdrive. It looked like he had made her sad with his question; way to go Len. How did one deal with a sad person? That was never something he was taught, and he really didn’t want to screw things up further. Well, obviously, they tried to make them happy, but as on how to do that, Len was absolutely clueless. Argh, people could just be so confusing sometimes with their emotions and crap! So, Len did what he always did when he stumbled across something that he didn’t know how to deal with, he froze and stood there awkwardly, his hands in his pockets. Totally not the best reaction he could be having right now, but he was at such a state where he had no idea what to do. That was a feeling that Len hated more than anything, but what could he do about it but wait it out?

Windy had changed the topic to something a bit more cheerful, and Len almost sighed in relief. Significantly less sadness, oh thank goodness. Away goes the confusion! “Nice to hear that the Capitol’s a good place. It has always seemed to bright on the television.” He had always wondered what the Capitol was like. No doubt that the cameras had been playing it up to look like some sort of haven, but it did have to be really nice to see what he had on the screens. “I’ve done a bit of wandering around,” he answered. “I’ve been to a few of the other Districts, though not very often, just when I get to be bored. Any ones you particularly like?”
[PM]
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES