• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» Searching for advice, Tag Jimmy with Hal
Windy Procyon
 Posted: Dec 6 2013, 12:53 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
n/a
5'1
94.6 LBS
District Six
20-November 12 • 1465 Moneys

Patsy

user posted image

Where ever I go
Someone will be there

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

Windy didn't know what to do, the old victor of district four scared her. He had been rude, she had only picked up his hat when it blew away. But when she handed it to him he had been mad. Windy didn't know why, she hadn't done anything towards him and still he was being rude.

He had started to asked her about her talent, Windy didn't have any talents, not any talents that she knew off anyways. Drake had said to talk to her mentor so that was what she was on her way to do. She didn't want to disturb him as she knew he had the babies to look after. So she had not wanted to go over to him, but Drake had seemed to think that she should still do so.

Besides Drake scared her, Windy wanted to ask Hall about Drake, why was he so mean and so scary? Did he have a reason? She took a deep breath before she opened up the door and started to walk outside. She pulled her jacket tighter around herself, feeling slightly cold she was making her way over.

She carefully knocked on the door to Hal's house. She wasn't sure if he was home or not. Maybe he had taken the babies out for a while? It was quiet, she didn't hear the sounds of crying babies, so maybe they were sleeping if they were at home?

Notes:

Outfit

--------------------
user posted image
the lovely sig and avatar is made by RYEA <3

user posted image
[PM]
^
Hal Chamilsa
 Posted: Dec 7 2013, 01:51 PM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 75th Games
Male
6"1
198 LBS
District Six
7-December 11 • 635 Moneys

Jimmy

Hal was at home and the children, for the time being, were out with Taylor and Pepper. With the announcement of the Games declared, they had both apparently decided to give him a bit more of a break from the kids. He wouldn't be taking the kids this time - they were crawling by now, so he couldn't even be with them even as they were mostly being taken care of by avoxes and the like.

He was about to probably deal with more children dying - and, after coming so close with their boy this last time, it would probably be even more painful. They would, most likely, both die very quickly. He doubted they would, anyway, do too well. It seemed to be a pattern where Six would do well one Games and then do terribly the next. He wished he could get more of a break, but until Windy was older - a little wiser and more knowledgeable about all this mentoring - he wasn't going to leave her high and dry. No. Perhaps he wasn't the greatest mentor during the Games sometimes, but he tried when they did manage to survive.

He was using the time to clean up the house a little more. It helped clear his mind to have a home that looked neat and in order, anyway, so Hal would continue as he did.

So when he heard the knock on the door, Hal called out. "One minute." He was off, bare feet padding on the floor before opening the door. He half expected to see Pepper or Taylor returned home - maybe with too much in tow to open the door themselves. But instead it was. "Hey, kiddo." He said with a slight grin. "Visiting for a bit?"

--------------------
[PM]
^
Windy Procyon
 Posted: Dec 8 2013, 11:45 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
n/a
5'1
94.6 LBS
District Six

Patsy

user posted image

Where ever I go
Someone will be there

She heard Hal's voice calling out. "One minute" He was home and he was calling out for her so that would mean that the kids was awake or something like that. Windy smiled to herself as she waited for Hal to come to the door. "hey, kiddo" Hal said to her with a slight grin on his face. "hey Hal" She replied with a small smile.  "Visiting for a bit?" he went on and asked her. Windy nodded her head slightly. She was kind of visiting for a bit, she needed his help and his advice. Windy carefully stepped inside and took of her shoes. She didnt want to get Hal's floors dirty.

"Hal?" Windy carefully started to say. She didn't know what to say first and what was less important. Thought the whole deal with Drake scared her so maybe bringing that up first? Bringing up that she had meet him in district four, that he scared her and she didn't know what to do. He was so rude. "I was in district four yesterday I was going to visit Isali, but this old man stopped me, the really old victor, the one whos closing in on 100 years old. Drake something." Windy said and sighed. She didn't know what to do if she meet him again, he scared her and she didn't like to be scared.

"I don't know what to do if i see him again, I only picked up his hat that blew away, and he got cross and annoyed." Windy added. A part of her wanted to wrap her hands around and just hug him tightly, but she didn't do it. She stood there letting her eyes look up at Hal, wondering on if he had any advice for her on how to deal with the scary old man from district four. Just the thoughts of meeting the old victor in the capitol scared her.

Notes:

Outfit

This post has been edited by Windy Procyon: Dec 8 2013, 11:46 AM

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
[PM]
^
Hal Chamilsa
 Posted: Dec 9 2013, 08:32 PM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 75th Games
Male
6"1
198 LBS
District Six

Jimmy

Hal listened carefully to her. He knew, vaguely, who she was talking about. That one was one of the few older Victors - as in, truly older - who still mentored. For a district with so many Victors, it didn't make much sense to him. If it had been Hal, he would have stopped mentoring a good ten years ago, Capitol and need to mentor tributes that would most likely die anyway be damned.

"All right, then, may as well come in." Perhaps it would be good to explain now what others felt about the Champions. To be fair, he understood. Champions were a representation of what they didn't have. If there had been them in Hal's own Games - his grandfather would have lived. Hell, Dash and a few others could have lived too. So much lost could have been saved if it had just started then. But, still, Windy was his Champion, and that changed things, somehow. Drake from Four... would not have understood this, probably. He was a Career Victor, after all, and what else was there to be expected of the man?

"Do you want something to drink, water or anything, while we talk?" He asked, letting her inside before closing the door behind her.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Windy Procyon
 Posted: Dec 12 2013, 03:50 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
n/a
5'1
94.6 LBS
District Six

Patsy

user posted image

Where ever I go
Someone will be there

Windy watched Hal as he closed the door behind her, she nodded her head slightly at his offer something to drink. "Some water would be fine thank you" Windy answered to Hal with a small smile on her face. It was so quiet in the house and he had called out for her earlier so, she guessed the babies were outside. "He's a scary man, I've never seen such a old scary man before, isn't he like nearly one hundred years old?" Windy asked Hal. He did look really old, and he was a grumpy man. Did all the victors grow that grumpy and mad when they reached his age?

"do everyone grow as mad and scary as him? I havent seen anyone his age before" She added, she wondered on how she was going to ask about the talents. Should she jump right to it or wait for Hal to answer her question about the old grumpy man before she stared on the other things? She couldn't imagine Hal growing into a big scary man like Drake, No Hal was to nice for that and he had children, so he wouldn't.

But then again she didn't know if Drake had children or not so she couldn't say anything about that.

Notes:

Outfit

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
[PM]
^
Hal Chamilsa
 Posted: Dec 20 2013, 06:14 PM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 75th Games
Male
6"1
198 LBS
District Six

Jimmy

Hal considered her carefully as he led her to the kitchen where he could get her a glass of water. He listened to her speak the entire time and processed carefully.

He handed the glass to her. "No, not everyone grows as old and scary as Drake. I knew someone as old as he was once and he was a very kind man. Drake's just a Victor and not all of us are nice even when we're as young as you." Or even that recent kid from Seven. It was a pity. Although jealous of the Champions because they could keep their allies - their friends - Hal had to admit that he was sad since it meant more people survived when Champions were involved, it seemed.

"What'd he tell you?" He couldn't well tell off the man, but he could see what he could do to keep him away from her if the man had said something particularly worrying.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Windy Procyon
 Posted: Jan 8 2014, 02:01 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
n/a
5'1
94.6 LBS
District Six

Patsy

user posted image

Where ever I go
Someone will be there

Windy watched Hal carefully as he poured water into a glass to her. When he handed the glass to her she said. "thank you" Before she took a small sip of it. Nice and cold water. So fresh so good. Windy couldn't help but to wonder if Drake had been like that when Hal had been a little kid? Should she ask him? Did he want to think back? Windy didn't know and the last thing she wanted was to make Hal upset.

He was one of the reasons she was alive, he had been her mentor, he had helped her. Maybe he had not believed in her? or had he been believing in her? She didn't know, she didn't want to know, because she wouldn't have been believing in herself either if she was the one watching.

"he just went on an on about the hat and about how important it was to have a talent, and he said he was going to talk to you, but I don't want him to do that, because he's just old, and scary." Windy said and sighed. She let her hand hold around the glass of water as she watched Hal, forcing a small smile to her face.

Notes:

Outfit

This post has been edited by Windy Procyon: Jan 8 2014, 02:03 PM

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
[PM]
^
Hal Chamilsa
 Posted: Jan 9 2014, 11:29 AM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 75th Games
Male
6"1
198 LBS
District Six

Jimmy

Hal smiled a little at her. As much as some might have held it against him for having a Champion - just a Champion recently - who didn't have a single kill to her name, he was glad for her. She was smart and, in time, she would grow old enough to be able to mentor more frequently. There was potential here.

"I wouldn't worry about him being scary for me. I've faced a lot more frightening things than him, trust me." Although he did not think the Victor would intend to scare him, he couldn't help but feeling a little protective for Windy. "Although he is right, a talent is useful... but I think it is for reasons that are probably not the same as him." He said as he watched her.

"It can help give you something to do, which would be important since you don't have to go to school any more. Sometimes the distraction is needed." He commented honestly. Sure, some could say that he was perhaps a little heartless for having more or less dropping her before, but he was trying to make up for it here - and later on. He didn't want to leave her in the lurch now - now that he had gotten some distance from his more recent losses and had found his footing in his children.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Windy Procyon
 Posted: Jan 11 2014, 04:46 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
n/a
5'1
94.6 LBS
District Six

Patsy

user posted image

Where ever I go
Someone will be there

Windy smiled slightly hearing Hal say that he had faced more frightening things then Drake. He was probably right, but Windy had not wanted Drake to disturb Hal, he had enough on his plate. He probably did not need either her or Drake to be knocking on his door asking for help or things like that.

She couldn't come up with a thing that could be her talent, she could not think about anything she was good at. So how did they choose their talents? Did they have to know it right away or could they wait for a while? did they have to have them at all?

"which would be important since you don't have to go to school any more." she heard him say. Windy bit her lower lip, she knew she didn't have to go to school anymore, but school made her feel normal. Kind of like everything had a normal feel to it. She liked school because at times it felt like nothing had changed. "I like going to school, it makes things feel sort of normal, for a short time" Windy said giving him a small smile. Most kids would probably be really happy about not having to go to school anymore. But she understood what Hal meant, maybe it was good to have some talent for later, when she couldn't go to school anymore, when she was older?

"How do you find your talent? Can it be anything at all?"

Notes:

Outfit

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
[PM]
^
Hal Chamilsa
 Posted: Jan 13 2014, 07:47 PM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 75th Games
Male
6"1
198 LBS
District Six

Jimmy

Hal smiled a little. "You could say I cheated with my talent. I already had something I loved to do when I was Reaped."

Music had been his solace in those days - so long ago in the winding, dark road that his life had become. They were something he could do that wasn't school - that wasn't taking care of his grandfather. Something fun that he could just be himself with without worrying about the consequences.

"I made music before I won. It just was never recorded or anything like that." At least, not to his knowledge. Someone may have recorded some in another time for all he knew, however. "But a talent can really be anything. Writing, baking, cooking, music, fashion design, sculpting..." He trailed off. "Some of the other new ones seem to have claimed archery and even being a mechanic as a talent."

"You're young enough that you have some time to play around and figure out what you like, so that should help."

--------------------
[PM]
^
Windy Procyon
 Posted: Jan 19 2014, 02:58 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
n/a
5'1
94.6 LBS
District Six

Patsy

user posted image

Where ever I go
Someone will be there

Having a talent from before the games was not cheating in her mind, right now she wished she had a talent from before. She couldn't think of anything. She looked down at the floor. She didn't have to wonder for a long time before Hal told her about his talent. She had not known that he was or had been writing music.

"you've been writing music?" Windy asked surprised. "thats really cool" She said with a smile, before taking a small sip of her cup of water. She liked to talk to Hal, he felt like one of the only safe people in the world right now. She felt as if she could trust him.

"thank you for helping me Hal, I don't want to let you down" Windy said with a small smile over to him. She did not mean just now, but during the games as well. She knew that if Hal had not managed to get sponsors she would probably have been dead as well. She owed him so much, and she didn't want to let him down. She didn't want to be a failure, she wanted to be good at something, to impress everyone. So that Hal could be proud, maybe someone else would be proud as well. But right now, all that mattered was to find something to be good at

Notes:

Outfit

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
[PM]
^
Hal Chamilsa
 Posted: Jan 19 2014, 08:17 PM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 75th Games
Male
6"1
198 LBS
District Six

Jimmy

Hal nodded, grinning a little at her. "Yeah, music is how I spend my time, when I can."

"Don't worry about it." Somehow, he couldn't know how to assure her not to worry about it. She was only thirteen now. She would have time to get her talent. She would have time to decide what she wanted to do. She still went to school, as far as he knew, so her activities there might show something that was good for her. "You'll find something sooner or later. It'll just take some time, and you have plenty of that right now." He assured her.

"In the meantime, if you like, you can stay for dinner. The girls should be back soon with the twins and we have enough room for you if you like." He would be happy to have her too and something told him that Taylor would enjoy having someone not him or Pepper to interact with during dinner this once too.

--------------------
[PM]
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES