• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» Misery Loves Company, [michael]
Liana Sadler
 Posted: Mar 23 2013, 05:43 PM
[QUOTE]
83rd Games Victor
Female
5'4"
117 LBS
District Four
11-May 12 • 1365 Moneys

Ellie

Lia shifted awkwardly as she stood on the front porch of the Victor cabin she'd been told belonged to Michael. She wasn't sure it was such a good idea to have come here; she knew he probably needed time...Antoinette was gone, after all, and that was his entire family in less than a year. In the course of just one Quell, he'd lost...well...everyone. She wasn't so sure she was welcome here...and she, too, was hurting, though he wasn't supposed to know about that; nobody was. She wasn't so sure she was ready for small talk, or for drinking, or the things that might bring out.

And yet, the only person she knew in all of Sector Z lived here. Lia had very few friends, and there were even fewer to whom she'd actually want to pay a visit at a time like this--only Victors really understood other Victors.

Besides, she needed his help. She had to practice her axe skills on something, before she truly embarrassed herself in front of the old man in the neighboring tent.

She raised her hand from the handle of the axe she was leaning on and knocked; then, without waiting for him to come to the door--for who knew if he'd even hear, if he'd been in his alcohol cupboard?--she pushed the door open and stuck her head in.

"Tomsy?" she called into the dark cabin. "You home? It's Lia," she added, stepping fully inside the door. "I came to...visit."

--------------------
[PM]
^
Michael Tomsy
 Posted: Mar 23 2013, 10:38 PM
[QUOTE]
68th Games
Male
5'10
150 LBS
District Twelve
16-April 11 • 2380 Moneys

Meadowlark

Livya was gone.

Livya was gone.

LIVYA was gone.

Everything was a blur of rage and hate and lies. Michael blew clouds of smoke into the darkness. Couldn't even let him have that one thing could they? He'd been worried about her. He'd made another stupid mistake and asked someone if they'd seen her. Then the Peacekeepers had come. They'd questioned him about her disappearance.

Livya was GONE.

He inhaled the burning toxic fumes. One hand held a cigarette that glowed faintly in the shadows. The other was clenched around the almost empty bottle of whiskey. The living room floor was littered with bottles, littered with ashes and smokes. He'd taken a shower the day before in a momentarily lapse in humanity, but his clothes were wrinkled and stained from days of use.

He jumped when someone knocked on his door. The bottle in his hand fell onto the couch, the cigarette fell to the floor. He pushed himself up, alarm mixing with the snarling hate as he heard the door open. He half stumbled to the hallway, his vision blurred by drink and darkness.

What did they want now? What could they POSSIBLY have left to take?

Michael roared and pounced at the shadow intruding upon HIS home. His movements were uncoordinated and weak, and he was half falling and flailing in his attempts to knock the person down and demand...something. For them to leave. For them to never come back. For them to kill him maybe.

If it was a Peacekeeper, surely they would kill him.

--------------------
user posted image
Runner /Corgi
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Liana Sadler
 Posted: Mar 24 2013, 05:17 AM
[QUOTE]
83rd Games Victor
Female
5'4"
117 LBS
District Four
11-May 12 • 1365 Moneys

Ellie

Lia didn't get more than two steps into the room before something--someone--came stumbling at her wildly. She dropped the handle of the axe, letting it thud to the floor, and used all her weight to duck and throw her shoulder into this obvious intruder, to shove them aside and find out what they'd done with Michael--she'd walked in on a robbery, obviously, because Michael hadn't had it bad enough already--

But then, this robber was awfully easy to shove aside, and had an awfully tall, familiar frame, and smelled quite like whiskey and cigarettes...

"Michael?" she asked, peering at him through the dark gloom of his cabin, her arms still up in defense, just in case. She barely even recognized him, oldest of the few friends she could claim, and suddenly, she realized she ought to have come here first, the second she arrived in Z. She'd been lolling around setting up tents and learning about snares and trading things for axes when she should have been checking to make sure Michael was alive. Maybe she usually gave him his space about this sort of thing--dead family and all--but this wasn't any other dead family crisis; this was the last surviving member of his family, gone. And clearly, he wasn't just picking up the pieces--he looked, actually, quite like Lia had felt the last few days, whenever her thoughts started to wander off on their own and--

"It's me," she said again, interrupting her own thoughts, steering them back to the moment. "It's Lia. I've been in Z, and I just thought I'd come by and...see...what the hell have you been doing in here?" she asked as she glanced around. The place was a disaster area, and it was dark and shadowy as hell to boot. It wasn't just messy by Lia's standards--it was unfit for human life.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Michael Tomsy
 Posted: Mar 24 2013, 02:56 PM
[QUOTE]
68th Games
Male
5'10
150 LBS
District Twelve

Meadowlark

One moment he was swinging wildly, the next he was on the floor. There was a blank spot in his memory from between those two moments. Had she thrown him? Had he simply tripped?

"Lia," his voice was rough, and he was too numb to feel embarrassed or upset about almost attacking her. He looked up, peering through the darkness. She was still just a shadow, outlined by the light from the open door. But it was a familiar shadow, and a familiar voice. He shoved himself to his feet, leaning on the wall and staring at the floor for a moment.

Lia. Couldn't attack Lia. What should he do next? He struggled to put together enough humanity to continue speaking. "Sorry about that," he voice was flat, but at least it wasn't an uncivilized snarl. "Thought you were someone else."

He was still leaning on the wall. What had he been doing? Was that what she wanted to know? He peered into the shadowy confines of his home. At the crumpled newspapers and broken and empty bottles. He cleared his throat.

"Just been...redecorating," In a matter of speaking. "...always looks worse before it looks better."

--------------------
user posted image
Runner /Corgi
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Liana Sadler
 Posted: Mar 24 2013, 03:18 PM
[QUOTE]
83rd Games Victor
Female
5'4"
117 LBS
District Four
11-May 12 • 1365 Moneys

Ellie

Lia frowned; Michael sounded weird. Drunk, of course--he was always drunk. But this was different...almost inhuman, and definitely without a trace of his usual jovial persona. She glanced around at the room; she wasn't quite sure she knew what all was on the floor, nor that she really wanted to know. But if it was 'redecorating' he was after...

Wordlessly, she crossed over to the window and opened the shades, letting in a murky sort of light that barely illuminated the room, despite the fact that it was the middle of the day. She crossed to the other side of the door and opened that window, too, before she thoroughly surveyed the mess on the floor. There didn't seem to be an inch of clean space anywhere in the tiny cabin; if Michael had wanted to make a mess, he had certainly achieved his goal.

She crossed her arms and stared thoughtfully at her friend, and then again at his living room. Maybe, at some other time, she might have pitied him a bit--but she had only just run away to hide from her problems herself and was currently living in a tent in the middle of a swamp. There wasn't a whole lot of room for her to judge.

"I can see," she said slowly. "It seems to be going...somewhere. But, if it's redecorating you want to do...I'm staying in Sector Z for a while. I could help. I don't mind."

She wandered a bit further into the living room, among the crumpled papers, the empty bottles, laying toppled over. But it was a glowing speck of orange that caught her eye amidst the mess of all messes; she bent down and snatched it up, her eyes widening as she turned to Michael, holding the glowing cigarette butt out for him to see.

"Have you got cigarettes?" she demanded, as if she'd only just discovered he'd been hoarding away a secret treasure. "Where'd you get these?"

--------------------
[PM]
^
Michael Tomsy
 Posted: Mar 24 2013, 03:28 PM
[QUOTE]
68th Games
Male
5'10
150 LBS
District Twelve

Meadowlark

Michael grunted when light suddenly flooded the room. He thought about sinking to the ground, but instead just closed his eyes and tilted his head so his hair was covering his eyes enough to filter out most of the light.

More talking. He brought his hands up, leaning with his back against the wall to face the woman who had fearlessly intruded upon his messy living room. The cold weight of his wedding ring reminded him that everything was horrible and things could have been worse. It could have been his 'wife' who'd shown up to make sure he was still alive.

Of course Thorne was probably hoping to hear he'd died.

"You don't have to do that," he told her in a low grumble. "Clean I mean. Uhm..." cigarettes. He patted his jacket. Where were...pulling out the crumpled back he freed one to keep for himself then waved the pack towards Liana. "Here."

Of course his eyes were still closed so maybe he wasn't waving it towards her. He was waving it towards the sound of her voice which he hoped meant it was in the general direction she was in.

--------------------
user posted image
Runner /Corgi
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Liana Sadler
 Posted: Mar 24 2013, 03:48 PM
[QUOTE]
83rd Games Victor
Female
5'4"
117 LBS
District Four
11-May 12 • 1365 Moneys

Ellie

Lia couldn't process a single word he was saying, not when he was patting his pockets like that, clearly looking for what she hoped he was looking for--and then he produced a full pack of cigarettes, and she was pretty sure she could have kissed him. Instead, she simply snatched the pack from his hands and pulled out a cigarette; even just settling it between her lips calmed her nerves. There was a cheap plastic lighter crammed in the pack; she couldn't seem to get it lit fast enough. That first drag was like heaven; all of a sudden, she felt that twitchy uneasiness that came with her cravings melt away as she exhaled in a cloud of smoke in the already musty living room.

"Shut up," she said, though Michael hadn't said anything else; it had simply been the first moment she'd been able to process his words. "Don't be stupid. You look like shit, and I don't have anything to do. I'll clean. You...sit. Keep me company."

Lia couldn't have planned this visit better herself; a smoke, a project, and the company of someone she knew she wouldn't soon want to stab in the face. She sucked on her cigarette like it contained vital, life-sustaining nutrients as she looked around for anything resembling cleaning supplies. She didn't find anything right away, but it was probably best just to start with the garbage anyway.

She wrangled the garbage can one-handed into the living room and set about picking up as much of the junk on the floor as she could in one hand; she wasn't about to give up the one holding her cigarette just for efficiency's sake.

"So where the hell is Lohrasbe?" she asked as she dumped a couple empties into the trash. "Isn't she supposed to be playing house out here? Or is it not all signed and sealed yet?"

--------------------
[PM]
^
Michael Tomsy
 Posted: Mar 24 2013, 03:57 PM
[QUOTE]
68th Games
Male
5'10
150 LBS
District Twelve

Meadowlark

Michael's first reaction was to refuse to sit. There was no reason behind the obstinate attitude however, and this was Liana, so he shrugged and slid to the floor, kicking an empty bottle out of the way as he did so. He found a lighter and after a few tries managed to light the cigarette. He opened his eyes to slits as he blew out a cloud of smoke to watch his friend as she began to clean up his mess.

"No idea where she is. Parted ways with her sometime after the wedding," he couldn't remember most of the wedding and preferred it that way. "Probably thought it was best to keep her distance since I'm in disfavor." He inhaled fire and blew out smoke. Also, the woman probably hated him. No reason to bring that up. "Don't blame her."

He shifted so he was able to prop his arm on his knee and stare through the cloud of smoke at Liana. "You shouldn't be here for just that reason actually," he informed her in a casual tone that belayed the sudden alarm that realization sent roaring through him.

Wasn't safe. What WAS she doing here?

--------------------
user posted image
Runner /Corgi
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Liana Sadler
 Posted: Mar 24 2013, 04:09 PM
[QUOTE]
83rd Games Victor
Female
5'4"
117 LBS
District Four
11-May 12 • 1365 Moneys

Ellie

Lia grunted as she dropped a mess of papers into the trash, to show her disapproval. She'd never been a great personal fan of Lohrasbe's, but she liked her even less for the way the obnoxious little blonde was dealing with this whole marriage. She could have married somebody worse than Michael, if she had to marry somebody, and she could at least have made an effort to check and make sure he was all right. Maybe, if Lia were in a similar position, she'd feel differently--but not if it was someone like Michael.

She shot him a warning glare as he tried to tell her she, too, should be avoiding him. Lia didn't give a shit whether he was in disfavor or not; she wasn't just going to run around and do the Capitol's bidding for them, help make Michael's life miserable by shunning him, just because terrible things might befall her. If Flynn had dared try and tell her anything like that--

But then, he hadn't. He hadn't told her much of anything, actually. And now wasn't the time to be thinking about it.

"I don't like people telling me what I should or shouldn't do," she said, stuffing a bunch of wrappers into the trash. "I'll stay right here if I want. Hand me that bottle."

--------------------
[PM]
^
Michael Tomsy
 Posted: Mar 24 2013, 04:13 PM
[QUOTE]
68th Games
Male
5'10
150 LBS
District Twelve

Meadowlark

Michael grinned, his eyes still narrowed through his little cloud of smoke as he rolled the bottle her way.

"Nevertheless. I'm sure you have better things to do than clean up my mess. Other...people...to visit?" he raised his eyebrow as he inhaled more fire and watched Liana for signs of reaction to his less than innocuous question.

--------------------
user posted image
Runner /Corgi
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Liana Sadler
 Posted: Mar 24 2013, 04:18 PM
[QUOTE]
83rd Games Victor
Female
5'4"
117 LBS
District Four
11-May 12 • 1365 Moneys

Ellie

Lia jammed the bottle into the trash can, which was starting to overflow, and shrugged. It was a rather odd question, actually, and Michael sounded a bit...off...or perhaps, more like himself, but not really; she couldn't quite tell. She didn't dwell much on it, chalking it up to the alcohol and the depressing hibernation in the moldy cabin.

"I don't know anybody else in this Sector," she said, topping off the garbage can before she stood to yank on the strings and tie it off. "Not anybody I'd want to visit, anyway. I'm just...here. Exploring, I guess."

She heaved the bag from the plastic can and tied it tightly, then set it by the door and set about looking for another bag; the living room was nowhere near clean.

"Have you seen any of those goats lately?" she asked, pulling a new liner from the roll she found under the sink. "I wouldn't mind catching one of those while I'm here."

--------------------
[PM]
^
Michael Tomsy
 Posted: Mar 24 2013, 04:25 PM
[QUOTE]
68th Games
Male
5'10
150 LBS
District Twelve

Meadowlark

The last time he'd seen a goat was when he'd gone out with Livya. His grin lengthened and he exhaled smoke.

"None of wandered through my living room so I haven't seen one lately actually," he drawled. He looked towards the door. He'd circle back around to why she was wasting her time visiting him when he was fairly sure she had someone far more worth her time and attention than an old drunk who was probably seeing the last weeks of his life before the capitol figured out how to get rid of him.

Spurred on by anger that she was there, putting herself in danger, he continued in a calmer voice that hid the sharp edge of his true emotions. "But there are plenty around here if you want to go out and find some. I've seen whole herds."

If she was going to throw herself into danger for a stupid reason, why not for the chance to catch and dissect one of the murderous dragon goats lurking in the swamps? And perhaps he wouldn't mind being in some stupid danger himself. Who cared about being cautious anyway, with nothing to lose?

--------------------
user posted image
Runner /Corgi
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Liana Sadler
 Posted: Mar 24 2013, 04:36 PM
[QUOTE]
83rd Games Victor
Female
5'4"
117 LBS
District Four
11-May 12 • 1365 Moneys

Ellie

For the first time in what felt like weeks, but had really only been days, the corners of Lia's lips twitched into a smile. "Herds of fire-breathing goats?" she inquired with an arched brow. "Sounds like I've come to the right place. The mountain was beyond boring."

She hauled the trash can across to the kitchen table and started scraping everything on the tabletop into the garbage. Bottles clattered in on top of one another, though she plucked some silverware from the mess and tossed the flatware towards the overflowing sink.

"You don't know where I can learn about chopping wood, do you?" she asked over her shoulder. "Only, I told somebody I could cut down a tree, but I might have spoken too soon. Thought I'd learn anyway."

--------------------
[PM]
^
Michael Tomsy
 Posted: Mar 24 2013, 04:39 PM
[QUOTE]
68th Games
Male
5'10
150 LBS
District Twelve

Meadowlark

"Was it any particular tree? Because if you get to choose, I'd simply choose a less intimidating one. A sapling. Some sort of overgrown shrubbery perhaps," he suggested, staring at the ceiling.

He didn't chop down trees. When was the last time he'd held an axe? Ever? Not even during his games had he held a weapon of any real significance.

--------------------
user posted image
Runner /Corgi
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Liana Sadler
 Posted: Mar 24 2013, 04:44 PM
[QUOTE]
83rd Games Victor
Female
5'4"
117 LBS
District Four
11-May 12 • 1365 Moneys

Ellie

"No," she said, moving the garbage can over to the counter and starting to pick the trash out from there. "Not any particular tree, per se. But I'd already picked one out and...started on it. Kind of."

She shoved the dishes towards the sink again and cleared the counters before she moved back to the living room. She set the trash can just at the end of the coffee table and sat down across from Michael, picking things up off the table in front of her and tossing them into the trash upon further examination.

"I got myself an axe and everything," she said, nodding to the weapon she'd let fall on his floor when he'd rushed her. "Guess it just needs practice is all. You have any trees nearby you don't mind losing?"

--------------------
[PM]
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES