• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» it's a thankless job, [Channing]
Krieger Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Mar 28 2012, 12:23 AM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6ft 3in
207 LBS
District Ten
23-March 12 • 900 Moneys

Schro

The letter had said that someone from District Four would be visiting today - a fellow Peacekeeper in fact, but a clear rookie in comparison to himself according to what had been written. How lucky of them to be in a higher District...though Krieger recalled that Four smelled pretty bad too. Instead of the pervasive barnyard odor, however, he remembered that the entire place generally reeked of fish. He wasn't sure if he would prefer either one.

The middle-aged Peacekeeper had found the money to purchase a fresh apple, eating it as he waited, leaning against the exterior wall of his home - it was by far one of the nicer ones in the poor District. There were definite perks to being an ally of the Capitol and this was one of them. The sweet scent of the fruit helped him keep his mind off the general stench of animals and hay for a bit. He chuckled, hoping this rookie could handle it; Krieger had seen visitors throw up due to the smell in some areas of the District.

Idly he wondered if Channing was a male or female name and how much longer it would take him or her to arrive. Standing around waiting was dull, just as the work in this entire District was. If he wasn't here to harass one of the resident Victors, he would have asked to be assigned somewhere else to patrol. District One would have been nice...and if he asked, he was fairly sure he could get reassigned. He was a veteran by Peacekeeper standards, having worked for well over twenty years. Ten was merely an upgrade from Twelve, where he'd been initially stationed. That had been truly awful.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Channing Blake Ashwellen
 Posted: Mar 31 2012, 08:44 AM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Female
5' 3''
100 lbs. LBS
District Eight
13-March 12 • 60 Moneys

KASSCI

user posted image user posted image
we are young, so lets set the world on fire

Channing made her way from district four to district ten. Passing through district eight on the way. She had stopped and said a welcome to her mother and father, before continuing on to district four. She had reached district ten wondering why she was there to begin with. She hadn't been to district ten in awhile and it hadn't changed much for that she could see. The smell was still horrible and she preferred fish over barn any day. She wondered who Krieger Gates exactly was and why she was meeting him. She wasn't in her peacekeeper outfit, instead she was in warm clothes, because it was her day off and district four had been freezing today.

She wore tight jeans that made her curves pop with a red turtle neck and black trench coat. Her black boots went to mid-leg and fastened around her neck was a fish charm she had been given when she first moved to district four by someone. Her hair was curled with a braid going around the top and her makeup was simple. Clear lipgloss and black/yellow eye pattern. She looked nothing like a peacekeeper today, but that didn't mean she wasn't one. Every girl had a feminine side, even peacekeepers. She could count on one hand how many girls actually wanted to be peacekeepers and even then she didn't know any for herself.

Channing wasn't a typical peacekeeper, luckily in district four they weren't as strict, but talk was circling that it could change. She didn't listen to it, but the thought was always in the back of her head. She saw what looked to be Krieger Gates from a description she was given. He was leaned against a house and looked a lot older than her. He too wasn't in a uniform. She walked up to him slowly, suddenly wondering why she was there. She went up speaking softly, "Krieger Gates?" she asked.

outfit

--------------------
user posted image
[PM] [AIM] [YIM]
^
Krieger Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Apr 1 2012, 11:34 PM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6ft 3in
207 LBS
District Ten
23-March 12 • 900 Moneys

Schro

The other Peacekeeper was young as anticipated...but also a woman. So Channing was a girl's name after all; he'd have to keep that in mind for future reference. She was an attractive woman too, though Krieger wasn't particularly interested - she wasn't his 'type'. Yet he could admire her from an aesthetic standpoint, guessing that she probably had some handsome beau back in her District, or he'd be surprised if she didn't. Moving from the wall, he approached her, holding out a hand to shake.

"You must be Channing Joop. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Krieger still wasn't exactly sure what the Capitol had intended for them to do, but orders were orders. He'd show her around, talk to her. There had to be something about her that needed knowing; they wouldn't just arbitrary give him orders and ship someone over all the way from District Four.

He nodded to her, hands now in his pockets. "Let's walk. I'll show you around the District. I hear you're from Four? It's a pretty nice place, from what I remember. I'm from Two, but I've been stationed here."

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Channing Blake Ashwellen
 Posted: Apr 4 2012, 05:09 PM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Female
5' 3''
100 lbs. LBS
District Eight
13-March 12 • 60 Moneys

KASSCI

Channing herself still had no way of knowing what exactly she was doing, after all she had just gotten orders to go view this detract and report back to her own district, which was something uncommon. The last time she was stationed in a different station was district eight, where she grew up and she had gotten moved from eight to four for various reasons, but mostly, because she was good at what she did and wasn't the meanest person in the world, which was a given just by how she looked on the outside. Anyone who knew her wouldn't have anything bad to say about her, well so she hoped.

You must be Channing Joop. It's a pleasure to meet you." She shook his hand, smiling. She was right, this was Krieger. Kind of different, but could't put her tongue on it. "The pleasure is mine." She spoke casually and sweetly, before looking around the square wondering what kind of work she was suppose to report back since there was nothing going on here, in her eyes at least.

"Let's walk. I'll show you around the District. I hear you're from Four? It's a pretty nice place, from what I remember. I'm from Two, but I've been stationed here." She nodded agreeing, "That'd be lovely, if you could do that. I'm not sure why I was sent here to get a tour anyways." She stated, honestly, but still smiled brightly and stayed positive.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM] [AIM] [YIM]
^
Krieger Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Apr 10 2012, 08:05 AM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6ft 3in
207 LBS
District Ten
23-March 12 • 900 Moneys

Schro

"Your guess is honestly as good as mine," he replied with a shrug, peeling away from the wall, pausing to remember which was was towards the barns and pastures. He'd wondered this as well, seeing absolutely no reason for them to send him someone from so far away. Was he supposed to be some kind of good influence? Or was this about him being single, which he knew was under some measure of scrutiny within headquarters. Here, no one really cared - he was just Krieger, the senior officer.

"Is it nice in Four? Do you like it there?" he asked after a length, glancing over at Channing. He'd never thought to be stationed anywhere but Ten for his own complex reasons, but he could easily get reassigned if he wanted to - not that he did. Ten smelled funny, but it was something of a home now and he couldn't go back to Two, seeing as he was now somewhat estranged from his parents. Whether they were even alive or not was a mystery to him and not something he particularly dwelled upon, seeing as he had much better things to do.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Channing Blake Ashwellen
 Posted: Apr 15 2012, 08:43 AM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Female
5' 3''
100 lbs. LBS
District Eight
13-March 12 • 60 Moneys

KASSCI

"Your guess is honestly as good as mine," Krieger Gates spoke. Well that's not good. Why didn't he know. One of them should have a clue, right? She didn't think much of coming to District Ten, she liked District Four over District Ten, obviously, but she thought District Ten was nice looking. It was spacious and very rural. Not much of a city, that's for sure. She watched Krieger carefully as he walked and she followed him. She wasn't much of a talker so it was just strange for her to be around someone A) She didn't know and cool.gif She had never talked to before. "Well that's weird...why wouldn't they tell us why I'm here?" She mumbled under her breath, knowing full well her mumble was as clear as the blue sky above them.

Except the sky was a dark gray, almost black color. For being broad daylight it was rather on the dark side and that wasn't a good sign. Channing had to get back to District Four today and if it started to rain she would have to go in the rain and that would make her upset. She had driven, but driving in the rain was hard to do. It just was. She hated the rain and she wasn't the most skillful driver as it was. Is it nice in Four? Do you like it there?" yes. She got to pick where she wanted to go and she could easily be anywhere else, but she had chosen Four. She liked the smell of fish and the sea and all of the fresh air the shoreline brought in.

"I love it there, wouldn't trade it for the world. It's nice there. A lot of space and well I have a good life there...better then I had in Eight. How about you? Do you like it here?" She asked quietly.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM] [AIM] [YIM]
^
Krieger Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Apr 17 2012, 04:46 AM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6ft 3in
207 LBS
District Ten
23-March 12 • 900 Moneys

Schro

"Ha, no, not really," he replied, though hurriedly amending it by stating, "But it's certainly not terrible. I'm living pretty comfortably." Of course, it would raise suspicion for him to be stationed in a District that he positively loathed, especially as a senior peacekeeper, when Peacekeepers often did have something of a say in when they were stationed so long as there were no shortages. "There are definite perks to living in a lower District."

Not if you were an average citizen, of course - the actual denizens of ten had it more than a little rough. It was dismal, actually, if Krieger were to be honest. He, however, had been supplied with a modest home and quite excellent wages.

Glancing skyward, he took note that the sky was darkening, making sure they'd keep away from the overly rural portions of the District - the open fields lacking cover.

What else, what else...well if they were sending him a far more inexperienced Peacekeeper, it had to be something about work.

"How about your job? Do you enjoy your work?"

He studied her frankly and honestly, ready to gauge her reaction to the question.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Channing Blake Ashwellen
 Posted: May 31 2012, 11:14 PM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Female
5' 3''
100 lbs. LBS
District Eight
13-March 12 • 60 Moneys

KASSCI

She still didn't comprehend why she was there. She knew she would be moving to District Eight soon, but this had nothing to do with Ten or Krieger Gates. It just didn't. She sighed. She didn't want to be rude, but she longed to go home and curl up. The day was coming to an end and yet she would have to travel far tonight. She smiled, none the less and listened to him talk, "Ha, no, not really, but it's certainly not terrible. I'm living pretty comfortably." That was a perk of being a Peacekeeper. Getting to live comfortably. Getting to have perks and not living in poverty, but that also means not having a husband or a wife for a long time. It means not having a family. Not until your duties were done. Not until a certain age and a certain time and sometimes Channing dreaded that. Especially after not having a family of her own. "There are definite perks to living in a lower District."

She wondered what kind of perks he meant, "What kind of perks do you have?" she took her wondering to an out loud source of topic to talk about. Something to carry on the conversation. Something to make it less awkward for the two of them. She hated being in awkward situations. "How about your job? Do you enjoy your work?" No. It was something she would never say out loud. She loved being a Peacekeeper and protecting and keeping her District in check, nicely, but at the same time it was getting harder to do so, because she hated being mean.

"It has it's perks. I'm going to miss it when I move to Eight, but I need to move home. I miss home. I love Eight a lot, but I like being in the line of duty. It makes me feel needed." she answered.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM] [AIM] [YIM]
^
Krieger Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Jun 8 2012, 01:39 AM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6ft 3in
207 LBS
District Ten
23-March 12 • 900 Moneys

Schro

"The perks? A big house and a good bit of recognition around town, I guess. That and not starving. I've seen it out in Twelve and it's pretty bad."

It was not often that Krieger questioned the methods of the Capitol, loyal soldier that he was, but the state of things in Twelve left something to be desired, even in his own biased opinion. If they could just more food and proper technology out there... after all, didn't it make more sense if all of Panem was prosperous instead of mere portions of it?

Now, Krieger resisted the urge to roll his eyes with disbelief at her answer. How textbook! The line of duty was a thankless, boring place filled with mundane patrols and the breaking up of an occasional scuffle or quelling of a rebellion. It was far from glamorous. The perks were what made the job worthwhile, not the work itself. Even he caught himself wondering every so often if he might have done something else instead of Peacekeeping. Life would, of course, be quite different.

"If they're sending you to talk to me, it's actually a safe assumption to guess that you might not enjoy your job or... that you might be lenient on the job. Neither of those then?" he inquired, raising a brow sharply and giving her a frank look that said she should really think carefully when answering. If she really, truly loved this line of duty, good for her. But somehow, he doubted it.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Channing Blake Ashwellen
 Posted: Jun 17 2012, 11:56 AM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Female
5' 3''
100 lbs. LBS
District Eight
13-March 12 • 60 Moneys

KASSCI

Channing listened to him talk. She wasn't good at listening to people like him...so serious and so frank about things, "The perks? A big house and a good bit of recognition around town, I guess. That and not starving. I've seen it out in Twelve and it's pretty bad." It's pretty bad here too, Channing thought, but bit her tongue to keep from saying it aloud. She didn't really like this place or Twelve, to be honest. She was use to not having to take her job seriously and she contemplated giving it up when she moved to Eight. Giving up being a Peacekeeper and start to settle down and start a family, but she didn't know if that was wise of her to do so.

She kept her thoughts and opinions to herself, most of the time. She wasn't one of those people that opened up, especially to people she hardly knew. People didn't know her life style. Her secrets. Or anything about her life and that itself bugged Channing. Why? Because people judge and they don't know anything. Just like he was doing, she was sure of it.

If they're sending you to talk to me, it's actually a safe assumption to guess that you might not enjoy your job or... that you might be lenient on the job. Neither of those then?" Channing wanted to drop her mouth, but she refused to let herself do that. How dare someone attack her like that? Who did this guy think he was? Well humph. She rolled her eyes and didn't bother to hide them, "I make sure to watch over my District the best I can. I am not lenient on my job NOR do I not enjoy what I do." she spoke evenly, trying not to snap. She was lying through her teeth, but she was covering it up well, in her opinion.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM] [AIM] [YIM]
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES