• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» magical stones, OPEN
Apples MacPherson
 Posted: Mar 13 2011, 08:02 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
13-March 11 • 250 Moneys

Gem

Apples didn't like being in school, so it was a good thing this flood came and gave them a break. She didn't even have to do any school work, either. So now she sat cross-legged on the cot they had given her and flipped through a magazine she found in a stall in the bathroom. Most people wandered around and busied themselves with things since it was late morning, but Apples preferred to read her magazine. Well, not really read as much as looked at the pictures. She scratched her hair, and a couple fleas bounced down towards the thin bedding below her.

--------------------
user posted image
smelly :: doesn't bathe :: doesn't care
[PM]
^
Cordelia Abernathy
 Posted: Mar 14 2011, 10:00 AM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
14-March 11 • 0 Moneys

M

This flood scare was about the only interesting thing to happen in Cord's life as of late. It was a nice break from having to go to school and face the bullies and odd looks from her teachers. And the centre was huge and full of all sorts of interesting people. If only there weren't so many Peacekeepers. That was the only thing that bugged Cord. But hey, food and water and electricity and a place to sleep, what more could she ask for?

After making sure Molly had made it safe and sound (and she'd made sure Uncle Jack was far, far away from her), Cord drifted in and out of rooms with her pillowcase full of personal belongings. Not that she had much to tote about. A spare pair of socks and underwear, a heavier sweater, a faded red poncho of thin plastic, and a sketch book full of plants she'd been working on for Molly. Not a whole lot and certainly not that entertaining. At least her bag hadn't been full of the foul white spirits her uncle had tried to smuggle in...

Finally finding a mostly empty room, Cord ducked into it and found a cot opposite a rather strange looking girl, perhaps about her own age? Of course Cordelia didn't even look her meager 16, but she was usually a halfway decent guesser. The girl looked like she was in worse shape than Cord as far as 'strange and outcasty' went.

Putting her pillowcase under the thin pillow provided, Cord plopped down onto the cot that gave a creaky protest. She tried sitting quiet for a moment, but that was going to get old fast.

"Whatcha got there," she said calmly to the girl who was crouched over a magazine of some sort. Maybe it had come from the Capitol! Wouldn't that be a treat. Maybe she could look at it after the other girl was done...or swipe it if nothing else...

--------------------
“I learned that the richness of life is found in adventure. It develops self-reliance and independence. Life then teems with excitement. There is stagnation only in security.
~William Orville Douglas
[PM]
^
Apples MacPherson
 Posted: Mar 14 2011, 10:16 AM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
13-March 11 • 250 Moneys

Gem

Apples turned the page of her magazine but a voice from her side distracted her from scanning the pictures on the glossy page. (Or perhaps, "once-glossy page" would be a better term, for the entire magazine looked dog-eared and worn.) She looked up to see a girl sitting on the next cot over. Apples hadn't seen the girl before, but there were a lot of people she never saw now living in the evacuation centre. The woman who was asleep in the cot two down last night had claimed she was from District One. Apples didn't know if this was true.

Upon the news of evacuation notice, Apples' family had reluctantly packed their bags and headed to the designated evacuation centre. However, the current whereabouts of her family was unknown, though they may be in the next room over. Whichever it was, Apples didn't pay attention; it wasn't that she didn't love them, but they never formed a cohesive unit like some families did, and often Apples strayed off on her own.

"A magazine," she said to the girl next to her, and if to prove her point, she raised it in the air. The front cover boasted "Districts Monthly," a free magazine that was often posted in places outside of grocery stores and instructed people how to be good citizens of Panem. Apples snuffled loudly as a stream of snot threatened to drip from her nose, and she wiped the back of her hand against her nostrils. Damn colds. Whenever it rained, she got a cold, even though she didn't do anything to deserve it. Extending a hand to shake to the new girl, she said, "I'm Apples."

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Cordelia Abernathy
 Posted: Mar 14 2011, 12:05 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
14-March 11 • 0 Moneys

M

Cordelia was from District 12, in itself not the nicest, most 'civilized' of places so she didn't really take note of the other girl's disarray. Cord spent most of her time dusty and dirt-covered from digging herbs in the woods that backed the nearby park so who was she to judge? She'd taken a bath before the whole 'flood' scare came up so she was good for another week. A luxury she had swiped, talcum powder, kept her clean in between the few and far between cold showers she managed when Uncle was passed out from drinking. And Cord was definitely not afraid of a few fleas or ticks. She'd had worse.

Cord resisted the urge to roll her eyes at the title, 'District Monthly'. She didn't get into civilized establishments much. One of the poorest of the poor in a poor, starving district, she was lucky to get into a grimy waystation on occasion for a packet of chips if she could scrape the change together. And as for being a model citizen...well...ha! There was no fun in that.

Cord took the girl's hand without hesitation, shaking it good and hard. No wimpy handshakes from her.

"I'm Cordelia, nice to meet you. District 12," she added, curious as to where the other girl was from. It would be nice to make a friend here. The place was crowded and teeming with Peacekeepers and that made Cord more than a little nervous. Another simple district girl like herself was more than welcome.

"When do you think we'll get to go home? I'm not afraid of some flood," she boasted, even though it wasn't totally true. Being cooped up was worse than the threat of floating away though...

--------------------
“I learned that the richness of life is found in adventure. It develops self-reliance and independence. Life then teems with excitement. There is stagnation only in security.
~William Orville Douglas
[PM]
^
Apples MacPherson
 Posted: Mar 14 2011, 08:10 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
13-March 11 • 250 Moneys

Gem

"Dunno," Apples responded. She ran a hand through her greasy hair in an effort to comb it. Fortunately she had worked out most of the knots this morning after breakfast, though a few mats near the base of her neck remained in place. Mother would want to snip those out if she saw them, but Apples didn't want to lose any more hair.

"How many people do you think have died?"

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Cordelia Abernathy
 Posted: Mar 16 2011, 09:49 AM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
14-March 11 • 0 Moneys

M

Well that was an odd question! How many had died? Well, probably no Capitol citizens...the poorer districts like her own? Maybe a few because their warning systems weren't the greatest.

"I don't know, maybe some? At least they evacuated us. What do you think?"

Cord didn't want to think about people losing their mom or dad the way she had...some sort of freak accident...that would be sad and she hated to get sad over it. Couldn't change the past.

"Where's your family? Mine's dead, I mean, not from the flood..." she said, looking down at the ground for a moment.

--------------------
~William Orville Douglas
[PM]
^
Apples MacPherson
 Posted: Mar 16 2011, 10:50 AM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
13-March 11 • 250 Moneys

Gem

"They're over in'a other room," she said with a nod in the direction of the main corridor. At least, they may be there. Maybe they were outside, or in the bathroom, but they were somewhere in the evacuation center. "D'you have anything to eat?"

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Cordelia Abernathy
 Posted: Mar 17 2011, 06:26 AM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
14-March 11 • 0 Moneys

M

District 12 and having food to spare didn't go together in the same sentence, so Cord shook her head no fairly quickly. She wished. Man she did, her stomach was grumbling.

"No, but we could go find some," she said, trailing off. Find or swipe, though with all the Peacekeepers it seemed they would have to forage by legal means.

She felt jealous for a moment that even the odd girl across from her had a family when Cord did not, but it was nice to have a friend for a moment.

--------------------
~William Orville Douglas
[PM]
^
Apples MacPherson
 Posted: Mar 17 2011, 10:07 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
13-March 11 • 250 Moneys

Gem

"K," she said. "I dun think they have the cafeteria open right now." That's okay, maybe this girl knew someone who had some food. The stuff they served in the cafeteria was okay, but they didn't give a whole lot of it, least not as much as Apples wanted. Each person was supposed to receive the same amount while they were here in the evacuation centre, but she couldn't help but notice that some got more than others.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Cordelia Abernathy
 Posted: Mar 21 2011, 06:41 AM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
14-March 11 • 0 Moneys

M

Cord shrugged, she wasn't going to lead the girl into trouble with the Peacekeepers but she was also hungry. The portions were small here, though getting three meals a day was a nice change of pace. She wanted more though, that hungry feeling gnawing at her tummy.

"My friend Molly is around here somewhere, I know she's got food because I collected it for her! She's an apothacary, but I bring her all the berries and seeds I find that she's showed me are edible. My own stash is at home...probably floated away..." she says wistfully.

Yes, surely Molly had food for the two of them. She was so nice, too nice sometimes, and Cord could easily con her into sharing with two hungry girls.

--------------------
~William Orville Douglas
[PM]
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES