• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» Be Careful What You Wish For, [sebastian]
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Jun 8 2012, 12:28 AM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian probably could have handled that better. Orsino was strong - mature - independent... And even he had broken down the night after he had heard the news. Sebastian had heard him and could not help it when he feet carried him across creaking floorboards and he eased himself into a sitting position next to the other boy's bed. Fingers reaching for Orsino's and pressing, in hopes to give him comfort. In hopes to tell him that he was not alone without ever really saying it.

Clearly, Sebastian's effort then was futile - as were so many other efforts that followed. Efforts at attempting to get money to somehow send as sponsorships? Futile. Sitting in front of the television all the time to make sure that Orsino's words and confessions did not go to waste? Futile. Crying and pleading at his death - like that would bring him back?

Hopelessly futile.

It was the question that brought him out of this dark, declining reverie that would otherwise reduce him to tears. "No, I... ummm..." How did he explain this? "Bolt diagnosed him, actually. After some, ah... some things happened at home, he offered to help me stay here for a bit until I could find something a bit more permanent." Hopefully, that would be soon, even if he quite liked the people and the food here... It was frustrating at the best of times and nearly unbearable at the worst.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Maddox Riley
 Posted: Jun 8 2012, 10:22 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'10"
164 LBS
District Ten
7-June 12 • 1605 Moneys

Ellie

Maddox gave Sebastian a quizzical look and opened his mouth to ask what kind of things would cause him to run away from his family, when clearly, they should be upset, too. But then he remembered when he had knocked on their door, and it had slammed in his face a second later, and he closed his mouth. What if it wasn't like that? What if Orsino had stayed at that house not because it was loving and open and warm, like Maddox's home, but because he simply couldn't find anywhere better? What if it was only Sebastian that had cared about the boy? Perhaps that was why Sebastian was here, and his parents were at home.

Was that something he was allowed to ask? Somehow, it felt less about Orsino and more about Sebastian, and Maddox wasn't sure he was allowed to ask much more about Sebastian.

"Oh," was all he said. "That's cool, then, that they're nice like that. The Victor's family, I mean. I have some classes with them, I think."

His attention went back to the puzzles; they were sort of the focal point of the room now, because he knew they had been Orsino's, and because there really wasn't much else to look at in the place, not much more that was personal. "Can I try one?" he asked, reaching hesitantly towards a rubik's cube. He knew he was hopeless at it, but there was something intriguing about trying to solve a puzzle that his own brother had once solved.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Awesome av & sig set by Eva!
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Jun 8 2012, 03:55 PM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian nodded at the question after a moment. "Yes, go ahead." It felt odd, to think that Orsino's brother - half-brother - was standing in front of him. He didn't know the guy at all, but something told him that Orsino would have wanted to meet him... Especially with the treatment he had received from some so-called foster 'siblings.'

"I think he would have been fine with it anyway." He offered, somewhat weakly before pausing as an idea hit him and he considered the bag that held that folder now. "Actually, can I see that folder again while you play around with that? I think... I think I saw something interesting, that's all." All the addresses of all the people that had ever taken care of Orsino. All the addresses.

But Sebastian only cared about one.

Jethro.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Maddox Riley
 Posted: Jun 8 2012, 08:56 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'10"
164 LBS
District Ten
7-June 12 • 1605 Moneys

Ellie

Maddox didn't even hesitate before his fingers closed around the rubik's cube; he immediately started turning the rows of colored squares, messing them up probably irrevocably, but he was curious. Maybe, if he was using Orsino's puzzle, the way to figure it out would sort of come to him, the way it might have come to Orsino, since Sebastian said he had liked this sort of stuff. Madd was a firm believer that the objects people treasured carried a link to that person. Just messing with the puzzle that his brother had perhaps once solved, he felt like he knew the boy even better, though that made little rational sense.

"What? Oh, sure," he said, glancing up from the puzzle. He set it down to pull the file back out and hand it to Sebastian, not even thinking twice about what it was the other boy wanted to see. He had already seen the information--probably knew much of it anyway, except what related to Maddox, and Madd didn't have anything in there to hide. He turned his attention back to the puzzle, trying to undo what he had done, but the answers simply escaped him.

"How d'you do this?" he asked incredulously as he turned the rows of colors again and again, seemingly getting nowhere.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Jun 9 2012, 12:20 AM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian took the folder as the other toyed with the cube. He found the paper of Orsino's - one of the last on file of him. And there it was - an address. He memorized it quickly, repeating the number and street in his head before closing it up and placing it back on the desk. Any other action would draw too much attention, he felt. Writing it down? Preferable, but... well, he would rather not. Why would he need to write it down? Maddox would certainly ask and where would Sebastian be then?

It was the question that made Sebastian turn back to him and he grinned, almost reminded him of Orsino a bit. Maybe not hugely - but there was something about a brother of his fumbling to fix the puzzle. Orsino might have just toyed with it until his fingers were raw and with that odd, set look on his face that he got when he was focused... He held out his hand. "Here, let me see if I can remember?"

He shrugged after a minute. "He played with that thing so much that I might remember through just watching him." Perhaps Sebastian had just watched too much. Maybe that was why this was so difficult now.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Maddox Riley
 Posted: Jun 9 2012, 11:37 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'10"
164 LBS
District Ten
7-June 12 • 1605 Moneys

Ellie

Maddox didn't pay attention to what Sebastian was looking for in the folder. It didn't even cross his mind that there would be any specific reason the older boy wanted to look at it--Madd had brought it to show him, after all, as proof that he was who he said he was. It was, actually, a rather outlandish claim, given the current circumstances. Any other old time, the boy probably would have just believed him, but considering what had happened to Orsino...well, Madd couldn't blame him for wanting a second look.

He was already frustrated with the puzzle, and he'd only been working on it a few minutes. He wasn't one to give up, though--if it took him all day, he'd sit there and figure it out, just to say he'd done it, not because he enjoyed it. He wondered vaguely if the thing could be taken apart, the squares rearranged and put back together. But that was probably cheating the world of rubik's cubes.

He glanced up when Sebastian offered to help him fix it. Madd rather wanted to see if he could get it on his own, but he relinquished the puzzle, dropping it into the other boy's outstretched hand with a smile. "He must have been smart," Madd commented. "I mean...he was smart, you could tell." Dangerous ground there, discussing the Games--the only way Maddox had had to get to know his older brother was watching him on television.

"Was he good at school stuff, too?" he asked, trying to redirect. Madd was a good student--not through any sort of intellectual genius, but because he worked his ass off to get good grades. He knew he'd probably take over the farm once he was older--and he wouldn't mind. He just liked the idea of other options as well; it would be a while, anyway, until his dad was ready to retire, and in the meantime, he might as well do something else interesting.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Jun 10 2012, 05:01 PM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian took the rubik's cube and carefully attempted the directions as he remembered them. He was failing, really, but that was it. "Alternatively, you could just peel off all the colored squares, but I don't really want to do that..." Aside from the cheating aspect of it, it was Orsino's. He might be dead, but it somehow still belonged to him.

He wondered, presently, what that meant for Sebastian. He shook this thought from himself, however, and looked up at that question. That question... "He wasn't exactly great in classes, he was just... very good with seeing the details of things and putting things together just by reasoning it out." He shrugged. "So, yes, some classes he did well in because of that, but not always... You know, just knew how to use what he had, whether it was bits of information or some odd equipment he found in a backpack." Like figuring out how to make a shelter with the tarp... Things like that.

"I don't think I can remember," He looked down, seeing that he was close, but too far to finish it all. Just as Orsino had come close - so close - but too far to be finished with it.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Maddox Riley
 Posted: Jun 10 2012, 05:29 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'10"
164 LBS
District Ten
7-June 12 • 1605 Moneys

Ellie

Maddox drank up the information about his older brother attentively, nodding as if he were in class and the teacher was telling him all the questions that would be on the final exam. He remembered seeing Orsino use things in the arena to be other things--he made a belt and a shelter and appeared just generally to know what he was doing. Up until the end there...and that was something best not discussed.

"Yeah, I can see that," he said. "More resourceful than, like...school smart. I'm not that school smart," he added, wanting to find as many similarities as he could between his half-brother and himself. "But I get good grades." Grades, in his opinion, had less to do with intelligence and more to do with hard work, especially in a district like Ten. And Maddox didn't shy away from work.

He glanced down at the rubik's cube, all confused and multi-colored and forever messed up, it seemed. "I guess it just gets to stay that way," he said with a shrug. He didn't know if that would drive the kid nuts or not--if it were Madd, he'd just work on it for ages til he figured it out. It'd be his weird mission in life, for however long it took him to get it right, and then he'd promptly forget about it and move on to something else.

"What's that?" he asked, pointing at a fancy-looking box on the table. "Jewelry box?" He gave Sebastian a curious look; surely it wasn't actually for jewelry. Those were for girls...but perhaps it was some kind of heirloom or something.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Jun 11 2012, 04:13 AM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian paused at the box. There was a pulling, upsetting feeling in his stomach as he directed his eyes at it so well. He usually avoided looking at it, but keep it so near to him - so near to being seen. Yet still out of his reach... Considering what it was, there was almost a poetic justice in such treatment of the box.

"It's a puzzle box." He moved to pick it up. There was a slight shaking of something inside - probably small. Sebastian knew what it was, but he paid it no mind. "The idea is that it doesn't open up normally." He said, demonstrating by trying to pull it up. "You need a key, and it's hidden somewhere in parts of the box. Find it and you can open it."

There was a heaviness in his chest as he realized how long ago it had been that he had gotten it. What was it? A month now? Maybe less. It had only been just after Orsino had come home that day with his news. Sebastian hadn't cried for him then - he wasn't allowed to. Crying when you had to be strong for someone else... Wasn't an option. Not a real one, anyway.

"Oh, there you are again. You're the boy that likes to get puzzles for that brother, right?"

It'd been for his nineteenth birthday - back before Sebastian had seen Orsino take out so much tessarae - before he had seen that grin on his face when he had seen the announcement on the quell twist.

"Well, I've been looking for someone to take this off my hands. I can give you instructions on how to open it, if you want to put something in it as well..."

It was the birthday that never happened now - not with Orsino dead only a few weeks shy of the day.

"So, you interested?"

It took a moment to realize that his vision was getting blurry - wet from tears. He put the box back down on the table hastily. "Sorry, I'll be right back." He managed to say before moving quickly to the bathroom to hide - the bathroom where no one, for the moment, would see his tears flooding his vision.

ooc//

THE BOX IS NOW AN EXTENSIVE METAPHOR YO.

I finally got to use a metaphor in roleplay after nine years. omg.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Maddox Riley
 Posted: Jun 11 2012, 06:56 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'10"
164 LBS
District Ten
7-June 12 • 1605 Moneys

Ellie

Maddox watched, intrigued, as Sebastian picked up the box. A puzzle box. That was about the coolest thing he had ever heard. Something that guarded your secrets and ad to be solved to be opened. Even if Madd wasn't into puzzles, he could appreciate the awesome, secret coded nature of something like a puzzle box.

He wanted to ask the other boy how to open it, but Sebastian seemed to have zoned out. Maddox waited a moment, almost uncomfortable--or as uncomfortable as Madd could really be--before he decided he better speak up. Sebastian seemed to have forgotten he was there...was he...remembering something? Madd wanted to know what it was, if it was connected with Orsino, but even his curious nature told him that was too personal a question to ask a stranger with whom you had shared a sort-of brother.

He was going to make his excuses and go, even, when Sebastian suddenly excused himself and rushed out of the room. Maddox glanced after him, but he figured the boy didn't want to be followed. So he turned his attention back to the table...and his eyes fell again on the puzzle box. He picked it up, hoping Sebastian wouldn't mind, and tried the lid--but it really was locked. He turned it over in his hands, but he couldn't see a way to open it up...it would take some investigation, he figured, to be able to open it easily on a regular basis.

He set the puzzle box down on the table again. And it felt wrong. His fingers practically itched to pick it up. Madd knew that taking things that didn't belong to him was wrong--it was stealing, and it was wrong. He knew that. The problem was, it also felt wrong not to take things sometimes. Like right now...right now, he wanted that box in his hands. He had come looking for something, something he didn't even know--a connection to his brother, perhaps. And here was one just sitting there, waiting to come home with him. The puzzle box would remind him of Orsino, the brother he hadn't known. It would be their connection.

He hesitated another moment, knowing he shouldn't take this from Sebastian, who had been more of a real brother to Orsino than Maddox had. But the need to make it his own overpowered the rational, honest part of him, as it always did, and a second later, he had snatched up the box and was stashing it in his messenger bag, along with the file Sebastian had discarded. He pulled the flap of the bag securely over its contents and hastened to the door.

Out in the hallway, he realized he couldn't just leave without telling Sebastian thanks, or goodbye, because that would be unspeakably rude. The guy had let him in, after all, and told him things about Orsino, and he didn't have to. He glanced around, but he wasn't sure which direction Sebastian had gone. "Hello?" he called into the hallway. "Sebastian?"

Yaaay, so proud of the metaphor! And now Madd has stolen it, wahaha!

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Jun 12 2012, 03:08 AM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

The tears came quickly, easily. It wasn't long or drawn out or loud. Just warm, salty tears streaming... and then slowly fading. The tears, for what little it was worth, never lasted long. Just in sudden, short bursts, usually at memories or thoughts or when he talked about something too close - too personal. He wiped at his eyes with the palm of his hand. He took small comfort in the fact that he was normally quiet in his tears despite the whimpering.

He looked a bit like he had just cried with still slightly watery, red eyes. He wiped at them again with his shirt sleeve, but this did very little. Through the door, he heard someone call his name. Maddox? That was right. How long had he been here? Five minutes, maybe. That was how the tears came and went.

He opened the door and moved back out into the hallway, grinning rather weakly at the boy as he approached him. "Sorry about that." He would have said 'bathroom' or 'needed to do something' or... something. But he figured that if Maddox was attentive, then Sebastian did not need to say anything to get what had just happened. "Ummm... is there anything else you um... want to ask?" He asked curiously. He was not sure that he could answer that many more questions - not right now. Not after just crying.

It felt like rubbing a fresh wound, making it more raw than it had been before. Re-opening it without need... But, then again, Sebastian figured that it was re-opening on its own just as much as talking with others like this would, if not more so.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Maddox Riley
 Posted: Jun 12 2012, 05:58 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'10"
164 LBS
District Ten
7-June 12 • 1605 Moneys

Ellie

Maddox whirled around at the sound of a door opening and smiled in relief to see Sebastian appear again. He was oddly calm, despite the stolen box in his messenger bag, but he was never nervy about taking things. It was actually somewhat soothing, to have the item on him. His smile faltered a bit, though, when Sebastian came closer--his eyes were a bit red and puffy, and considering that they'd been discussing his dead foster brother boyfriend...thing...Madd could only guess that meant the older boy had been crying.

He felt bad, suddenly, for having come and ambushed Sebastian with his revelation, having asked questions that were probably insensitive. He hadn't put a lot of thought into coming here, hadn't figured out what he wanted to know in advance--he just arrived and hoped he would know. He had, then, what he had come for, in some measure. It was time he left the older boy in peace.

"No, I think that's good for today," Maddox said, shaking his head. "Sorry to have, you know, barged in on you like this with...everything. Thanks for talking to me...it's cool," he said a bit shyly. "Knowing stuff about him."

He paused and then gestured over his shoulder. "I can, uh, show myself out," he said, nodding towards where he remembered the door was. "Thanks again," he added over his shoulder as he made his way out towards the front door.

Safe again, he thought, as his feet hit the pavement outside, and he turned towards home.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES