• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» Erratic (tag atari/meadow)
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Apr 17 2014, 11:14 AM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian felt strange at home lately, but perhaps that was just because at home also inhabited a new and confusing existence of an avox in the house. It was not that Eli seemed to purposely confuse him... Just that Seb was gloriously good at vonfounding himself regarding the man.

He took the time to get a little bit out of the house itself, deciding to investigate the greenhouse that Twist had been erecting in the front yard. It was a small little greenhouse, honestly little more that two sheds pressed together. Twist himself wasn't there and was probably off acquiring more supplies to continue building off of the base that had been built.

It comforted him to be somewhere new and half-built. Somewhere where he could curl up in the doorway and just carve away at the bow he had been trying to make (with little success since his past foiur tries had been failures even if each seemed to be better than the last).

--------------------
[PM]
^
Atari Brant
 Posted: Apr 18 2014, 06:46 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'0
140 LBS
District One
5-August 12 • 980 Moneys

Meadowlark

Atari stared at the house, her expression blank. If she was being honest with herself, Victor Houses in Ten didn't seem THAT much worse off than those in One. All Victors were created equal or some crap, she thought with a inner sneer of disgust.

Maybe they should give the Victor with the most kills the biggest house and those with the least the worst. Then Sebastian would be in a mansion, and you'd be in a hovel house like some of those pathetic houses you passed on the way here.

When there was no one else to mock, Atari's inner dialogue turned on her. Sighing, she wandered closer.

Why was she here? Well life was boring. Atari had to find some way to entertain herself with nothing to train for or look forward too. Going to see how the better Champions were faring was not actually her first choice of a fun time, but she'd been in Ten scoping out better forms of fun and found none. All the animals were being watched by their grubby little owners. All the strays she'd run across ran at the sight of her.

Probably the people around here ate them, she thought with disgust.

So, left without any animals to play with, she'd wandered on down to the Victor Village. Why not? She had to salvage the afternoon somehow. Sebastian might be more entertaining than she remembered. Shoving the lollipop in her mouth, she noted that some sort of ugly shack had been thrown up in front of the house. What the hell was that?

Veering from the house, towards the strange shack, she threw on a smile as she saw the reason for her making her little detour waiting for her out front. How convenient.

"What is that thing?" she asked Sebastian, pointing towards the weird little building.

--------------------
user posted image
Set made by Jimmy!!!
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Apr 18 2014, 07:57 AM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian noted the approach of someone else easily, although it didn't process that she was Atari from his own Games until she came closer and asked about the half-bulit greenhouse.

He looked up from his bow at the girl. "Twist's building a greenhouse. Not done, but it'll take time." They both knew that hiring people was definitely within the budget just for Twist's yearly winnings, but Sebastian wasn't going to question the man's vigorous dedication to the distractions that made him too tired to be emotional.

"What are you doing all the way out here?" Ten was far for someone from One, even for someone like Atari who clearly would have access to things that others wouldn't have.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Atari Brant
 Posted: Apr 18 2014, 12:28 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'0
140 LBS
District One
5-August 12 • 980 Moneys

Meadowlark

Atari gave the shed a dubious look. Twist was a Victor. Why was he wasting his time working on some crappy version of something instead of buying one that would look...well...like it was supposed to? He obviously didn't have the actual skill it required to make on look proper.

Well it wasn't her business. Maybe Twist was crazy. Now that she'd had a couple encounters with her past idols, she'd realized most of them were. Crazy and weird.

Giving a half smile and a shrug, Atari turned her attention back to Sebastian.

"Hadn't seen you in awhile. Thought I'd stop by and say hi, see how you're doing. I've never seen the Victor Village in Ten up close before," she added the last as she wandered closer to the shed. She poked it with one hand, tilting her head to the side as she did so, testing its durability. "Hope you don't mind."

--------------------
user posted image
Set made by Jimmy!!!
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Apr 20 2014, 12:46 PM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian shrugged at the response. "I don't mind visitors." Twist did, some days. He would lock himself away to hide from the world itself. It was concerning, but the man always did come out smiling and talking normally.

"It isn't much here, really, but I think that's because there just aren't many here." He assessed nonchalantly. There really weren't many people here, aside from a handful of houses.

"How've you been?" He asked vaguely, mostly trying to be friendly as he put away his knife and stood, gathering the supplies to make the bow. He couldn't claim that he and Atari were on close terms, but still friendly.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Atari Brant
 Posted: Apr 20 2014, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'0
140 LBS
District One
5-August 12 • 980 Moneys

Meadowlark

There was no reason to lie. Shrugging, she leaned on the side of the greenhouse, peering around the edge to try and get a better glimpse of the house.

"Bored. I should have planned better what I'd do after the games were up," she grinned, glancing back at Sebastian. "Maybe the fact that I didn't is rather telling."

She said it like it was a joke, but inside she grimaced at the thought. Maybe she'd always known, deep down, that she'd fail. Maybe she'd been counting on it but thought it was worth it anyway. What a depressing thought. How much of a lower would she be if that were true?

She patted the side of the greenhouse. "And you? Keeping yourself busy building Greenhouses?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

--------------------
user posted image
Set made by Jimmy!!!
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Apr 20 2014, 01:50 PM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian only chuckled at the joke, although it was an odd one. She'd been a Career. What Career didn't have plans for after their Victory, even those who weren't entirely sure that they would win?

"Right now, I'm just trying to make bows. Not very successful, but I'm just trying to be productive." After hunting had become a more dangerous past-time even for him, it had cut down on the useful activities he could participate in a lot.

"If you want, you can check out the house." It wasn't as busy now, really. The other kids were all still at school, Bolt was still at work, and Twist was off on errands. Only Eli was in the house and, knowing the avox, he might stay at some distance.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Atari Brant
 Posted: Apr 20 2014, 07:34 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'0
140 LBS
District One
5-August 12 • 980 Moneys

Meadowlark

Make bows? What was the point of that? Maybe if he was thrown into the Games again...but he could BUY bows now. Maybe it was just something to waste time with. Maybe he was bored too. She certainly wasn't one to speak. She was all the way out in Ten looking for something to do after all.

She perked up at the mention of seeing the mansion. Despite being a Champion, Atari didn't have many opportunities to explore a REAL Victor Mansion. The Victors liked to snub the Champions, something that brought Atari no small amount of annoyance.

"Sure. That would be awesome," she started for the mansion, eager to see what was inside. She didn't really know much about Twist, not more than was general knowledge. She vaguely recalled something about animals though, a subject that had grown more interesting to the District One gymnast lately. She turned mid stride towards Sebastian. Maybe it would be best if she didn't look so eager..."I mean if you don't mind giving me a tour."

There that was nice and considerate sounding.

--------------------
user posted image
Set made by Jimmy!!!
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Apr 22 2014, 09:53 AM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian led her up to the house. "No, I don't mind at all. It's probably a good time for a tour. Not many people home, you know." He said as he opened the door and walked in, lingering for a second so she could grab the door behind him. "Hope you don't mind a few animals. We have... a few of them." It was less than before, after Twist had released some for each move between the Sectors, but there were still quite a few.

Still, a few was something of an understatement. Meadow, a black fox, zipped around a corner and came up to greet him. "Hey, little love." He said with a grin, petting her behind the ears as he moved forward down the front hall, passed the spiral staircase leading upstairs.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Atari Brant
 Posted: Apr 22 2014, 08:10 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'0
140 LBS
District One
5-August 12 • 980 Moneys

Meadowlark

"Animals?" Atari's eyes lit up and she grinned. "No, I don't mind. I love animals."

Her palms itched. She pressed her thumb into her palm to stop the shaky eagerness that tugged at her at the sight of the fox. Beautiful. So fast. She'd never caught a fox before. What would it be like to hit it. Maybe with a rock. Slow it down so she could draw out the chase until it was exhausted and then...

She followed him up the stairs, shaking off the daydream. "I didn't even know you could have a fox for a pet," she noted out loud.

--------------------
user posted image
Set made by Jimmy!!!
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Apr 23 2014, 01:13 PM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

"She's 'domesticated,' technically speaking." He explained, putting air quotes around the word domesticated as he proceeded into the kitchen with Meadow leaping ahead of him eagerly. "Bred from the Capitol or whatever, I think Twist snatched her up from a petting zoo or something." He shrugged. "She hunts too much, I think, to really be domesticated. Keeps bringing me little dead things, and that's not accounting for all the ones she buries in the yard." He had to keep his room pretty clean, otherwise he would start finding things buried there too.

He put the supplies for making the bow as well as the half-carved ine itself on the counter quickly.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Atari Brant
 Posted: Apr 29 2014, 08:28 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'0
140 LBS
District One
5-August 12 • 980 Moneys

Meadowlark

Atari chuckled. "Brings you dead things huh? Well cats do that too I hear. And they are supposed to be domesticated," she pointed out. There was something different about a fox though. Sebastian was right, it didn't move like it was domesticated. It was so light on its feet. Beautiful. She wanted to rip that beauty from the world and strangle it into the darkness.

Reminding herself now was not the time, she wandered over to the bow. She reached for it, then hesitated as though she actually cared what his feelings were on the matter. "May I?' she nodded towards the bow in case there was any question what she wanted to look at.

--------------------
user posted image
Set made by Jimmy!!!
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: May 2 2014, 12:19 AM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian nodded at the statement. "None of the cats seem to do it as much as her, though." His calico, Sino, did make for some tough competition sometimes, though. Perhaps it was good they didn't have those birds any more, otherwise they would have died between those two lurking the house.

At the question, he shrugged. "Sure. Not quite like my proper bow or even really that good yet, but it's a start, I figure." He commented to her openly.

--------------------
[PM]
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES