• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» Song building, Open
Michael Tomsy
 Posted: Apr 11 2014, 08:09 PM
[QUOTE]
68th Games
Male
5'10
150 LBS
District Twelve
16-April 11 • 2380 Moneys

Meadowlark

"Dark blue."

The sound of the guitar playing followed for some time as Michael's thoughts wandered. Away from a search for lyrics, and into deeper territory. Sitting on a nearly abandoned beach, the waves a gentle lullaby in the background with his toes buried in the sand, Tomsy was almost content. This was as close to peace as he'd found in the Districts in longer than he could remember. Lounging several feet away, Runner seemed to feel the same. The collie mix moved only to reach an ear when Michael murmured out more half thoughts in song. She'd raced around the beach upon arrival but had since expended all her energy.

It had been a long time since he'd played his guitar, but his fingers moved seemingly of their own accord, finding the right tune to match where his mind traveled.

"Dark blue, blood red, waters churning, sharks fed."

He'd thought he would never climb back to this sort of feeling again. The scars were still alive, still livid within but a retreat had been what he needed. Escape, false or otherwise, had given him time to hide the live nerve endings of those feelings enough to find civility once more.

The guitar music stilled as Tomsy picked up the bottle of whiskey half buried in the sand and took a long chug. He whistled a few lines then mimicked the sounds on the guitar after setting his alcohol down once more.

A strong breeze knocked the fedora he wore off his head and he stopped whistling. He was too slow to grab the hat, and he watched it flutter down the beach with some dismay.

"Runner. Feel like grabbing my hat?"

The dog didn't know many words. Michael wasn't really the training type despite his many years as Mentor for his district. But she did know some words, and hat was one of them. She raised her head, turning her head to where he pointed. Yawning once, she got to her feet, and after shaking her fur just once, took off after his wayward fedora.

Nodding to himself, drunken enough to believe his dog was up to the job herself, he started playing his guitar again, nodding in time to the music and humming a bit every other chord or so.

--------------------
user posted image
Runner /Corgi
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Thea A. Sombrend
 Posted: Apr 20 2014, 11:18 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
n/a
110 LBS
District Four
19-February 14 • 80 Moneys

Gellyn

She walked away. It was so simple. She wasn't looking for a specific place, just somewhere calm and beautiful. That's how she arrived on an abandoned beach, walking in the sand. She was so angry, for five seconds she thought she was about to scream as loud as she can. But she didn't. She didn't want someone to hear her. Even if she was almost sure this beach was definitely abandoned from people. She passed her left hand on her cheek. She winced. Touching it was hurting. Her dad was a strong man and the punch she received in the face wasn't a little slap. She hadn't deserved this but the alcohol always played on her father's humor. Maybe be born was a mistake after all, unless it was the choice to keep her brother alive who was one. Thea always tries to do what is best for her little brother but her father doesn't make the thing easy. If only she lived alone, she could sleep outside every night and watch the stars. But she can't let her brother, he wouldn't survive one day alone with his father. That's what makes Thea so angry : she has no choice to stay with her father. She can't leave home. She always knew that she will be trapped with her father forever. Even when she will get married-if she does-she will still has to come back home everyday to help her brother. This last doesn't talk, he always stays in his room. What will happen to him when Thea won't be able to help him eveytime ? Make him food ? Give him warm clothes ? Get him to bed ?... These things a normal person does alone. Her brother is always dreaming. She just would like to know what his dream is about.

Her thoughts went away. A hat was on the sand, in front of her. What does this thing is doing here ? She took it, look at it for a minute or two. She raised her head and saw a man, not far of her. She went to him.

"Hi, is it yours ?" she told by showing the hat.

She saw a bottle of alcohol next to him. That man was playing guitar. The sound was nice with the sound of the sea. So, it was a man playing guitar with a bottle of alcohol on an abandoned beach.

"Oh, no... I've walked away from home to leave a drunk man and who I meet ? Another drunk man..." she whispered desperately.

This post has been edited by Thea A. Sombrend: Apr 20 2014, 11:28 AM

--------------------
user posted image
Sometimes I'd like to believe in magic.
[PM]
^
Michael Tomsy
 Posted: Apr 20 2014, 12:57 PM
[QUOTE]
68th Games
Male
5'10
150 LBS
District Twelve

Meadowlark

Runner had become distracted, and was now chasing the waves. Michael didn't even notice the girl approaching until her soft question drew his attention away from the music. Blinking up at the hat, he nodded, taking it from her and then giving a half bow from where he sat.

"Yes thank you for rescuing it. It seems my trusty companion became distracted by a more pressing matter and could not retrieve it for me," He replied, placing the hat on his head with a wry grin. He pointed out towards where Runner danced along the shoreline.

He played a few more notes before looking up at the hat rescuer-er. A hero of hats, he thought, amused at the notion until he took in the signs of his hat hero having been in a fight.

"I hope you don't mind me intruding upon your beach," he continued, looking down at his guitar as he continued to play. There was something wrong with that bruise, he thought. Unfortunately his deductive skills were highly limited by the alcohol he'd ingested and the idea floated away before it could form.

--------------------
user posted image
Runner /Corgi
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Thea A. Sombrend
 Posted: Apr 24 2014, 07:18 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
n/a
110 LBS
District Four

Gellyn

There was a dog not far of the man. This last one was waiting for his dog to go take his hat for him. Obviously Thea had been faster. He took his hat back and thanked her. He looked at his dog and told it had probably been distracted. He really thought that his dog could return him his hat. Thea shrugged, if he's drunk it's not that bad after all, he doesn't seem mean. He played guitar for some seconds before he stops and speaks to Thea again. The girl was surprised, why did he apologized ?

"It's not my beach, I don't care if you're here or not. That's why it's an abandoned beach. There's no much people. It's calm. Good place to rest and play guitar, isn't it ?"

She looked at him for some seconds, she was still thinking of the bottle of alcohol. Why was he drinking for ? Thea was pretty sure we don't drink for fun, but maybe it helps to relax. She was lost in her thoughts, she never saw her dad drinking to relax. He was always upset when he wasn't sleeping.

"Why are you drinking alone here ?"

She regretted her question right after she asked it. It just ran out of her mouth. Maybe she was just looking for a reason, maybe she was trying to understand her father. But there's nothing to understand when alcohol makes violence. She always thought it was the only thing who made her father a violent man. But maybe he'd always been like that and the alcohol just made it worst.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Michael Tomsy
 Posted: Apr 29 2014, 08:20 AM
[QUOTE]
68th Games
Male
5'10
150 LBS
District Twelve

Meadowlark

"It's probably more your beach than mine. You're from Four? Or are you an intruder like me?" He asked with a half smile, playing the guitar lightly as he spoke. Runner barked at an incoming wave, shaking the water from her fur and then trotting closer. She lay down beside Michael, near his feet, with a huff, her nose on her feet, her eyes trained on the girl.

Why was he here? "Seemed as good a place to drink alone as any," he replied calmly. He didn't look at the girl. There was something quiet about her. Shy maybe. He didn't want to startle or upset her. Besides, there was something soothing about watching the guitar strings as he strummed from one note to the next.

--------------------
user posted image
Runner /Corgi
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Thea A. Sombrend
 Posted: May 2 2014, 06:45 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
n/a
110 LBS
District Four

Gellyn

"I'm from Four, she replied. You're an intruder ? Where do you from ?"

She didn't know if curiosity was good now but this man looked nice, so she just kept talking.

"This place is good to be alone for sure but to drink, I don't know. I've never drink alcohol, I don't see why I'd do."

She looked at the guitar for a moment. His sound was relaxing and Thea wanted to sit down after such a long walk. The anger had been slowly replaced by another feeling : the feeling of serenity.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES