• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» Troubled Talent, OPEN! Setting: Pier
Conner Terrin
 Posted: Jan 20 2014, 04:40 PM
[QUOTE]
Musician/Fisherman
Male
6'0
185 LBS
District Four
11-January 14 • 55 Moneys

Marc

Conner walks down the road with his guitar case, he has the day off today and decided to play his guitar near the pier where most of the people roam. Conner gets near a staircase to the beach and sets up there. He starts playing a few chords before some bloke came over and kicked his case down the stairs. ”Really mate?” Conner said as he walks down the stair, his case was half way down the stairs. He finally got to it and climbed back up the stairs. Conner set his case down once again and stood directly behind it so no one could kick it.

--------------------
user posted image
This set was made by Gem the Doge!
[PM]
^
Dawson Bane
 Posted: Jan 21 2014, 08:43 PM
[QUOTE]
Preschool Teacher
Female
5' 7"
140 LBS
District Four
8-September 13 • 50 Moneys

Ryea

Dawson had the day off today, just like every weekend. Today was just a day for her. She was going to go on a run, and then go swim and just spend a day by herself. Her preschoolers had been a handful this week. It was like they'd spent the enire week just perpetually on a sugar high. Thankfully though all they really required was a great deal of energy and a fair amount of patience. Preschoolers were pretty easy really, especially compared to high schoolers. She couldn't imagine teaching high schoolers. Especially since that would mean dealing with careers. She liked careers, she had too at least somewhat, but she could only imagine the drama they would also entail. Drama that she wanted to stay clear of.

Her run today took her near a pier, one of the more crowded ones. As she neared it she slowed down, hearing someone playing guitar. They were pretty good.

She stopped in place, bending down and touching her hands to the floor in front of her before she said, "Nice playing. That was good. How long have you been playing?"

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Conner Terrin
 Posted: Jan 21 2014, 09:04 PM
[QUOTE]
Musician/Fisherman
Male
6'0
185 LBS
District Four

Marc

Conner looked at the lady who was standing in front of Conner. ”Well, thanks” Conner gave a little smile. ”I have, uh. Been playing ever since my wife died I suppose.” Conner said in a soft voice. ”I have to get money for me and my boy somehow I suppose.” Conner said looking at the beach, seeing his son swim down there. Conner looks back at the lady, ”So ya, about three years I’ve been playin’.” Conner said playing one string repeatedly.

This post has been edited by Conner Terrin: Jan 21 2014, 09:05 PM

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Dawson Bane
 Posted: Jan 21 2014, 09:10 PM
[QUOTE]
Preschool Teacher
Female
5' 7"
140 LBS
District Four

Ryea

Dawson stood up from her stretch, throwing her hands behind her back and grabbing them and pulling. That always felt good for her back, especially after bending over preschoolers for a whole week.

"Well, you've done really well for playing for just three years."

She released her hands from the stretch and let them hang at her side, "I'm Dawson by the way."

This post has been edited by Rhyley Juniper: Jan 21 2014, 09:10 PM

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Conner Terrin
 Posted: Jan 21 2014, 09:18 PM
[QUOTE]
Musician/Fisherman
Male
6'0
185 LBS
District Four

Marc

Conner smiles a little more ”Thanks, I got some help from music books of course.” Conner lets out a small chuckle.

”I’m Conner, it’s nice to meet you, I don’t usually have people that actually come and compliment me on my music.” Conner says while running a hand through his hair. ”Just a moment ago some bloke kicked my guitar case down the stairs.”

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Dawson Bane
 Posted: Jan 21 2014, 09:26 PM
[QUOTE]
Preschool Teacher
Female
5' 7"
140 LBS
District Four

Ryea

Dawson smiled at him, "Of course. Books are great things, after all. I was a career growing up and some of my training came from books, the nonweapons, survival stuff. Books are great."

"And I usually don't stop in the middle of my run. So, I guess it's just a rather unusual start to our day for both of us then." She said. "Oh no! I'm sorry."

This post has been edited by Rhyley Juniper: Jan 21 2014, 09:27 PM

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Conner Terrin
 Posted: Jan 21 2014, 09:34 PM
[QUOTE]
Musician/Fisherman
Male
6'0
185 LBS
District Four

Marc

Conner put his guitar back in its case and closes it, he straps the case around him. ”It’s okay, I am just glad that I didn’t have me guitar in it when it happened I probably would have been punished by peacekeepers for violence.” Conner said in a serious tone. ”I have never been one for the games myself, I never trained. And my son is two years away from being safe from the reapings, but with four games a year, he has 7 more chances to get in, I’m fairly pissed ‘bout that.”

Conner sat down on the ground and looked at Dawson. ”Do you have any kids?” Conner asked curiously.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Dawson Bane
 Posted: Jan 21 2014, 09:43 PM
[QUOTE]
Preschool Teacher
Female
5' 7"
140 LBS
District Four

Ryea

"Good thing it wasn't in there then. Not to mention the fall could've potentially broke the guitar." Dawson said.

"I only trained because it was expected, and I like to be active. And if I got reaped I would've had a better chance of coming back. So, yeah. I still like to be active." She said, bringing up her left leg to her butt and holding it there with her left hand.

"No. I just have my younger siblings, Lizzie, who's one of our victors, and then my brother who's also two years away from being safe from the reapings, so I understand the being pissed about more chances to get reaped. I'm a preschool teacher also though, so my students are kind of like my kids." She released her left leg and shifted her weight over so she could stretch her right leg in the same way.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Conner Terrin
 Posted: Jan 21 2014, 09:48 PM
[QUOTE]
Musician/Fisherman
Male
6'0
185 LBS
District Four

Marc

Conner smiled. ”So a famous victor of ours is your sibling?” Coner laughed. ”Well that’s nice that she came back. So, you teach pre-school, eh?” Conner said getting up and starting to walk away from the pier so there would be less noise.

”I would not like to be a teacher, teaching all these kids, and watching them when they are old enough to be reaped, I couldn’t handle that. That’s why I do what I can for my son.”

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Dawson Bane
 Posted: Jan 23 2014, 11:40 AM
[QUOTE]
Preschool Teacher
Female
5' 7"
140 LBS
District Four

Ryea

"Yeah. She was a volunteer. I was pissed with her for it. But when she came back, well, you can't very well stay mad at them when they do come back. There's too many alternatives that could have happened." Dawson said as she followed Connor along away from the pier.

"It's rewarding, but also heartbreaking. Especially when you have 4 year olds that spend their time playing the games because they all want to be careers when they're old enough." The problem with that was only one of them could really make it back.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Conner Terrin
 Posted: Jan 29 2014, 02:48 PM
[QUOTE]
Musician/Fisherman
Male
6'0
185 LBS
District Four

Marc

Conner shivered of the thought of 4 year olds already excited for the games. ”I would feel guilty if it was my fault they volunteer and die. I would feel absolutely guilty.”. Conner kept walking at a slow pace. ”So besides teaching, do you do any other stuff like hobbies?”

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Dawson Bane
 Posted: Feb 1 2014, 10:50 PM
[QUOTE]
Preschool Teacher
Female
5' 7"
140 LBS
District Four

Ryea

"I don't encourage it. But, there's not that much that I can actually do about it..... I mean, with the way our district is and the career notion all but engraved in us..." Dawson said.

She nodded, watching the surf come in and out. "Yeah. I run. And I write, so does my sister, but I write lyrics, even though I can't play an intstrument."

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Conner Terrin
 Posted: Feb 4 2014, 07:44 PM
[QUOTE]
Musician/Fisherman
Male
6'0
185 LBS
District Four

Marc

Conner smiled a little. ”Well, that’s nice that you write songs, and maybe I could teach you to play guitar a little bit, eh? Besides, I still don’t know how to play very well.”

Conner eventually got to the corner of a street, away from the pier. There was a little bench there for people who wait for the bus. Even though Conner wasn’t taking the bus, he sat down anyway. ”I couldn’t write a song if my life depended on it, I am horrible at writing regular poems.”

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Dawson Bane
 Posted: Feb 11 2014, 09:03 PM
[QUOTE]
Preschool Teacher
Female
5' 7"
140 LBS
District Four

Ryea

Dawson shrugged, "For me, writing lyrics is almost like breathing. They're an extension of me, and they tell the story of me. They just come naturally to me."

"Yeah, I'd like it if you taught me sometime." She said, smiling at him.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES