• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» These Shoes Were Made For Running, Tag: Bette! :D
Mercurius Bellomi
 Posted: Dec 29 2013, 10:56 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'11"
138 LBS
District Four
14-December 13 • 405 Moneys

Tony

Mercurius was still getting his exercise for the day. It was pretty early, and his bottle of water was not enough to satisfy his thirst. He made his way down to the market. While there, he bought eggs, milk, and a loaf of bread. His mother was going to ask him to do this anyways, they were running short. He wanted to make her breakfast. He went back home, put the things away for later, and then went back out of the house and continued his exercise. There were a few people out this morning, some people running like he was, some gardening, admiring nature. But there was one person inparticular he recognized, because they weren't from four.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

/*Button & "Defying Gravity" Set By Me.
------------
user posted image
This Signature Is By MARC*/ user posted image
[PM]
^
Mathyas Jukes
 Posted: Dec 29 2013, 12:41 PM
[QUOTE]
Student/Career
Male
5'8
170 LBS
District One
26-December 13 • 75 Moneys

Bette

Mathyas wasn’t sure why he was out in Four today, but nonetheless, here he was. Perhaps it was just for a change of scenery; he had been going out for a morning run to keep up with his training and it’s tough daily schedule. He had been working himself overtime ever since the Reaping that had just recently passed, where one, he wasn’t reaped (he would wait until next year to try to volunteer, when he was at his very best), and two, his sister was. Mathyas was the youngest of a set of triplets, his sister Tyene being the middle sibling, and District One’s female tribute, Bethan, being the eldest. He hadn’t seen his eldest sister ever as happy as she was the day she had been picked, and that night his whole family had celebrated. While he had to admit to himself, he missed her, he was excited to see her do what she and the other Jukes kids did best: kill.

On a slightly more pleasant topic, he had been about to go jogging his usual route when something had stopped him. He still wasn’t sure what it was, now that he thought about it in the other District, but something had told him to find somewhere new and give it a go. Mathyas was never one to over think things, and was always up for a change, so he found himself travelling over to where he was now, a randomly picked destination.

After an extensive training session here in Four, Mathyas had decided to stop for a while and take a look around. He had hardly ever been here before, and getting to know where he was currently was probably a good idea. So, he rested up by sitting down on a public bench, slouching back in the seat in a way that would make his mother scream. He smiled in amusement at the thought. That woman was so uptight about proper manners.

After a while of leaning his head back a little, rotating between letting his eyes wander up to the sky and to the slowly growing bustle of the streets, he began to notice that there was someone who had their eyes on him. It was only a passing glance, but Mathyas straightened up from his slouching anyway. He stretched his arms out to the sides, enjoying the feeling in his arms this brought him, before relaxing once more and perking up with the trademark smile his family pretty much owned by this point.

“Ayo!” he greeted over to a resident who looked about his age, and gestured for him to come over to where Mathyas was. “Come sit with me, I’m bored.”

--------------------
user posted image
Many thanks to &themoon @ The Dark Arts for this ^
[PM]
^
Mercurius Bellomi
 Posted: Dec 29 2013, 03:05 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'11"
138 LBS
District Four

Tony

Mercurius was going to attempt to keep running. He was quite tired, but then the boy he saw had began talking to him. This was his excuse to stop running, and have a seat. He really should've packed more water, but it was too late now. He'd just have to take it like a man and deal with his spit for now. Maybe even some sweat would do him good. He's always been considered soft. He wanted to bring his heart rate back down to normal, before he fell out, because he wasn't really used to all of this that was going on right now. He should try to reach his limit, and he wasn't there yet, but could be if he would've kept going instead of stopping. But then he didn't want to seem ignorant and petty and ignore the boy so he stopped anyways out of courtesy, which was his personality in general. "Hello," he said. He added a laugh at the end.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Mathyas Jukes
 Posted: Dec 29 2013, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE]
Student/Career
Male
5'8
170 LBS
District One

Bette

The youngest Jukes had been rather surprised when the kid had actually come over. Usually, people in D1 either knew him or would believe that they knew better than to actually join him, but this was a mix between the two. A nice little change from the weird stares he usually got from strangers. But was it bound to last?

Mathyas crossed his legs and propped his chin up on his palm. His lips twitched upward ever so slightly at the other boy’s laugh, before coming to a full-on lopsided grin. He leaned back again just the slightest, enough to let his body relax without going back to the sloppiness of before. The inner-mom in his head was being annoying, and she wouldn’t shut up. Very much like his real mom, Mathyas noted to himself thoughtfully, only she wasn’t here. That was about the only difference.

“Okayyy, now…” he poked the other guy on the forehead experimentally, as if trying to find a potential ‘on’ button. “Entertain me.” Before the other began to realize the insanity Mathyas truly possessed, he added something in. “And before you do, I just thought I’d tell you that you have just been graced by the presence of one Mathyas Jukes. And what might your name be?” Well, so much for the guy not thinking that he was insane. Oh well, he’d find out sooner or later, it ran in the family. What was life without a bit of fun, anyway? Now the only question was if the other thought so or not. If not, then the other would sadly have to be labeled as ‘boring’. Mathyas hated having to label boring people, but that was what they were.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Mercurius Bellomi
 Posted: Dec 29 2013, 06:03 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'11"
138 LBS
District Four

Tony

Mercurius eyes popped wide open when the boy had poked him in the forehead. Most people from Four weren't that bold.. But he wasn't from four, remember? What had gotten into him? Maybe Merc might like this guy, just because he seemed playful and upbeat in energetic and stuff. Merc needed some spice in his life. Right now he was just one beat, but he needed the rhythym and melody too. May have just found one.. "Uhh.. I don't have any specific talents. And my name is Mercurius.." he said. What was going on through this boy's head? Was he some sort of inspector?

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Mathyas Jukes
 Posted: Dec 29 2013, 06:57 PM
[QUOTE]
Student/Career
Male
5'8
170 LBS
District One

Bette

Mathyas reveled in the look of surprise that this kid gave him upon being poked on the forehead. It was very amusing, if you asked him. Though he didn’t care if you asked him or not, he was going to tell you anyway and you were going to like it. That was just the sort of person that he was. Anyway, on with the story. Well, the kid hadn’t run away yet, so that was always a good sign. Don’t get him wrong, Mathyas loved to intimidate people, but not every single person in all of Panem, and not when he was out of training. There just wasn’t a point when he wasn’t showing off, and it became tedious.

“You don’t need talents,” he told the boy, as if it were the single most obvious thing in the world. “You just need to do something. Or say something. Speak to me.” As the boy introduced himself, Mathyas decided to surprise him again. This time it was with giving a gentlemanly half-bow (he was sitting down, he couldn’t do a full one obviously) and saying, “A pleasure to meet you, Mercurius.” Without even pausing to absorb the reaction, Mathyas was back to where he had begun. Poking the boy’s forehead, though this time repeatedly, as he said, “Okay, now entertain me.”

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Mercurius Bellomi
 Posted: Dec 30 2013, 10:28 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'11"
138 LBS
District Four

Tony

Mercurius shook his head. Maybe this boy had problems? Maybe he was on something? Had he been drinking? Well they're kids, but if you're going to be killed before 19, why not drink? "Um.." he said as he sat down on the bench behind him. He wasn't good at starting conversations, or thinking about what to say. He just remembered what he had been doing. Groceries.. "I like food. Do you like food?" he asked. Oh well. This guy would just have to help him out more.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Mathyas Jukes
 Posted: Dec 30 2013, 01:43 PM
[QUOTE]
Student/Career
Male
5'8
170 LBS
District One

Bette

Okay, so this boy clearly thought that Mathyas was nuts. Which he was, even the boy himself would admit, but this one wasn’t running away yet. That was good, meant he was less boring than the average people. Still wasn’t enough to determine if he was boring or not, but a good sign for this kid’s ranking on his mental list of boring and not-so-boring people. Oh yes, Mathyas had a list, and an extensive one too that ranked every single person he had ever met ever. The perks of having a good memory for names, he supposed, and he was going to make use of it somehow. So why not? The amount of boring in a person was extremely important, he knew, though many others didn’t. They cared about if a person was nice and caring and blah blah blah. It bored Mathyas to death, no wonder he avoided them. All a person needed to be was interesting, and then they could be judged as good or bad. Who gave a crap if they were nice or not?

“Yes, I like food, what sane person doesn’t like food?” answered Mathyas, of arguable sanity, but that was not the point at the moment. “Food is nice. It keeps people alive.” By now, Mathyas had no idea what he was ranting about and why, not that he had enough in him to give a care. “Plus it tastes good too. Unless it’s brussel sprouts. Those are disgusting, no?” He winced in disgust at the very thought of them, that blasted veggie his parents had force fed him so many times, too many times. He believed that it should be considered child abuse to have to eat crap like that, honestly! What good did it do to think, though, there was no way that the adults were going to be up for an idea like that.

“Ugh, you really do not understand this ‘entertaining’ concept, do you?” Mathyas sighed in an exaggerated gesture, having long stopped poking the poor kid to death and crossed his arms over his well-toned chest. “That’s all you’ve got. It’s a good enough start, but you need to keep going! Just say what comes to your mind first, okay?” he explained as if it were obvious, before his eyes lit up again with a fresh idea. “Here, how about I do some examples, huh? For the newbie.” He grinned mischievously, lopsided and toothy. “What is your opinion on unicorns?”

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Mercurius Bellomi
 Posted: Dec 30 2013, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'11"
138 LBS
District Four

Tony

Mercurius shivered as a cool wind ran past him. He was just listening to the boy go on and go on until he finally stopped. There we go. What he meant by entertain.. His definition of 'entertain' wasn't the same as the Dictionary's. Suddenly Mercurius was smart out of nowhere. A newbie? This guy was.. interesting. "Well I think that they are just wonderful I guess." He was hoping that this is what the answer was supposed to be. "With all the colors and the magic and the playfulness and the flying and the rainbows." he finished.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Mathyas Jukes
 Posted: Dec 30 2013, 04:10 PM
[QUOTE]
Student/Career
Male
5'8
170 LBS
District One

Bette

This had to be the record for the lack of fear he instilled in people. Yessss! Mathyas was so proud of himself, he was beginning to learn how to blend into the “mortal” world of boringness and not come off as the exciting guy he was. Boring people didn’t like exciting, and his levels of exciting-ness (despite the fact that this was not actually a word) were so high that they usually intimidated others. Or so he liked to believe, anyway. He hasn’t made much process, but he’s slowly, slowly learning.

“You like the unicorns? Good. They’re a magical force that should be respected and honoured, don’t ever forget that,” Mathyas answered while nodding, in a very serious voice. He knew that unicorns didn’t actually exist, but he liked to pretend otherwise, it just made life more fun. “But the trolls are just impostors. They like to pretend that they’re magical but they’re really not. They’re just ugly and fat and short.” He shook his head sadly at the impostor trolls. Such a shame, they were. They had so much potential, but they threw it away to be nothing more than posers.

“This is usually the part where you would throw in a question, but since we’re in a tutorial, I shall let that slide this time,” Mathyas added helpfully after his little rant about magical beings that didn’t actually exist. “Hmm, what’s next? Oh, I know!” He grinned again full on, his new idea coming the second he called for it. “Approximately how many times per year do you say the word ‘cheese’?”

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Mercurius Bellomi
 Posted: Dec 30 2013, 04:30 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'11"
138 LBS
District Four

Tony

Mercurius raised a brow. Okay it was official. Mathyas was coocoo in the head. "I don't know..." he replied. He thought for a second. So it was his turn? What would Mathyas answer to the cheese question? Would he even be able to say a number? Maybe someone like him would count and keep track of something as weird as that. "How many times do you say the word 'cheese' per year?" he asked. Maybe he really did have an answer. Which wouldn't be surprising, considering what he had seen from Mathyas so far.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Mathyas Jukes
 Posted: Dec 30 2013, 04:50 PM
[QUOTE]
Student/Career
Male
5'8
170 LBS
District One

Bette

“Surely you must know!” Mathyas gasped dramatically, clapping one of his hands to his chest. To be frank, he didn’t know or care himself; it was just the first thing that had come to his mind. But come on, that wasn’t the answer he had wanted, didn’t this boy get it from now? Who cared how many times, just come up with a number for gosh sake! “Everyone counts, don’t you know that? They have to. It’s part of Bill 174628.2818 that everyone must count the number of times they say ‘cheese’, ‘harp,’ and ‘pants.’ Gosh, where have you been, living under a rock?” He faked being indignant, like it was more than rude in social code to forget this supposed bill.

He was prompted with a question shortly after. Oh good, so this guy was getting the hang of it after all! Maybe he just wasn’t a really quick learner, but he was making progress. “Exactly twenty six and three quarters,” he stated matter-of-factly, pulling a number out of his head at random. Well, the question wasn’t original, so he could give the guy full points for that, but at least he had listened to the giving questions part. “Now we’re getting somewhere.” He paused again, before a question popped into his head. “If you were hanging upside down off of a cliff and talking to a llama, what would you say?”

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Mercurius Bellomi
 Posted: Dec 30 2013, 04:57 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'11"
138 LBS
District Four

Tony

Mathyas was hysterical, and Mercurius laughed a little at his replies. He may be a little 'out there', but at least it gave Mercurius something to do. His mother would be proud of him for at least attempting at a conversation. "Three quarters?" he asked. "What did you say 'chee'?" he asked. This boy was just asking the most random things. Maybe that was just his personality. Just to be random? "I would say 'HELP MEE!' and then I would say 'NOWW!'" he answered.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Mathyas Jukes
 Posted: Dec 30 2013, 05:19 PM
[QUOTE]
Student/Career
Male
5'8
170 LBS
District One

Bette

“I said, and I quote, ‘Cheeeeeeee’,” he held the note for a longer time than usual. “Didn’t get to finish because my sister pushed me off of the top of the couch.” Now that was a truth, both Bethan and Tyene loved to do that to not only him but each other as well. They were always so needlessly violent when it came to everything, Mathyas recalled as he inwardly shook his head. Then again, so was he, so who was he to speak? It was just how they always were.

“Wise words,” Mathyas told him solemnly. “I shall never forget them for their wisdom.” He gave a couple of nods as if to strengthen his statement. Well, it was logical to ask for help when dangling off of a cliff, even if it was just common sense, and to a llama who couldn’t actually do anything or understand what he had said. That would be a strange predicament to be in, but Mathyas enjoyed creating various situations in his mind where he could realistically say that it would happen. Strange was the new cool. Time to prompt up a new question, now that Mercurius was relaxing and getting used to the District 1 boy’s behaviour.

“If you had to marry either a high heeled shoe or a doorbell, which one would you pick and why?” he questioned slowly, for dramatic effect of course.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Mercurius Bellomi
 Posted: Dec 31 2013, 10:40 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'11"
138 LBS
District Four

Tony

Mercurius laughed hysterically. This was a little bit of fun, who didn't like having fun? Maybe that's what this guy wanted all along. Fun? "I would totally marry a high-heeled shoe because I could watch it at all times and no one could steal it away from me." he said. Since they were asking random questions, Mercurius decided to add to the craziness. "Would you rather kiss the dirtiest dog in the world, or lick peanut butter off a hobo's foot?" he asked.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES