• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» Searching The Caves, tag; merc/tony
Finnian Bane
 Posted: Dec 18 2013, 09:32 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
6"1
160 LBS
District Four
13-September 13 • 0 Moneys

Jimmy

Finnian was running along the beach. There was a winter-like chill lingering in the sea air and it was, generally, cold. But Finnian didn't want to be anywhere else than here. It wasn't like he had much a choice in where he could go to train, after all. Most of the gyms were closed because of the fact that people in Four, for the most part, had to stop working during the Games.

School wasn't even an option, really, for him. Those were closed too.

It didn't help that that cast encasing his arm limited him even more in what he could do.

At least he could be here. It was still prep week - early enough that not exactly paying attention to the Games religiously wasn't a crime. It was even commended among the more intense Careers.

So he'd come to the ocean caves not far from one of the docks - one he thought a friend of his might frequent because of the close proximity to the docks. He gathered his jacket closer around him as he looked around. He might not be around here since there wasn't work to be done now, obviously, but Finnian was curious and, for the most part, wouldn't mind being around a friend who wouldn't be one of those likely to talk about only the Games going on.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Mercurius Bellomi
 Posted: Dec 19 2013, 11:55 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'11"
138 LBS
District Four
14-December 13 • 405 Moneys

Tony

Mercurius wanted to visit the caves. He came here ever so often with Finnian, but today was different. The Hunger Games were going on. Yes, everyone knows it. He and his mother watch together each year, but she let him take a "15 minute," break, because she knew that right now, what was going on Merc didn't really pay attention to anyways.

Hopefully the Peacekeepers wouldn't have anything to say, of course it's only the Pre-Games, but who knows, anything could happen in the Games. Plus, this is the time when all the Tributes are teaming up, all the Careers on one side of the lunch table, and the other Tributes left to "make friends", knowing that they may have to kill each other in the end.

Merc entered the cave after Finnian, "Hey," he said. Hopefully they wouldn't talk about the Games. Merc wasn't hardly paying any attention, he doesn't care for them in general, and at the moment, he just wanted to get away from Panem and have fun with someone who shared the same thoughts he had. He hoped that Finnian would show up just like he would. They are alike somewhat after all.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

/*Button & "Defying Gravity" Set By Me.
------------
user posted image
This Signature Is By MARC*/ user posted image
[PM]
^
Finnian Bane
 Posted: Dec 19 2013, 06:02 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
6"1
160 LBS
District Four

Jimmy

Finnian turned and waved at the boy with his good arm. "Hey, Merc!" He called out with a grin.

"I see the cold hasn't gotten to you yet!" He commented with a grin. At least it was letting up so that there were more warm days interwoven with the colder ones. Hell, it would be nearly spring time by the time these Games were over and done with. Somehow, though, he figured that was the point of turning them into season-related things, even if he hated that they were doing it.

Well, at least Liz got a break on account of Finn's arm. That was more than she had gotten last year for a break.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Mercurius Bellomi
 Posted: Dec 19 2013, 07:21 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'11"
138 LBS
District Four

Tony

Merc heard a familiar voice and instantly smiled. It was Finnian. Now, he could really have fun during the time of the Hunger Games, which was quite ironic. Even though both boys had a few years left to be reaped, they would make the best of it. Together. "I was hoping you would be here," Mercurius said.

He hadn't seen Finnian since the reaping, and it was time that they should catch up a bit. "And nah, for some reason, I'm not cold. It doesn't bother me. Never did." Merc replied. It was true. Mercurius never really felt 'cold'. He had seen Tributes freeze to death in the Arena. Would that happen to him? He dismissed the thought and continued the conversation. "I see you've been having a little bit of fun without me?" Mercurius smirked.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Finnian Bane
 Posted: Dec 19 2013, 07:41 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
6"1
160 LBS
District Four

Jimmy

Finnian shrugged. "Running, yes. Mostly running. Keeps me from going crazy usually." He was generally good with running. It was fun for that, but there was the painting thing. The one thing that no one except maybe his sisters knew about - and that was mostly just because Finnian didn't like sharing it. He was criticized for everything else in his life - he didn't want to be criticized for that. No, that was his safety net - his secret.

"Too cold to swim out in the ocean yet, though, and that's depressing." He added thoughtfully.

"How've you been doing?" Probably all right since the Reaping. The extra days off, he figured, were probably nice for him since he actually had to worry about work, unlike Finn.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Mercurius Bellomi
 Posted: Dec 19 2013, 08:47 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'11"
138 LBS
District Four

Tony

Merc looked confused. "Crazy.. about what?" he asked. For some reason, Merc had a soft spot for people who seemed to need help. It was.. his thing. The one thing that was special about him that no one could take away. For others, it was being good at dancing or singing, or just being really smart. But for him, it was being.. Helpful.

"I've been doing great, with all the time off and stuff, I've had lots of time I never thought I would have had. Maybe this could be my regular in the future, if some miracle happens." he stated.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Finnian Bane
 Posted: Dec 20 2013, 06:07 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
6"1
160 LBS
District Four

Jimmy

Finnian shook his head. "Not like crazy like... crazy. I just mean that it keeps me from getting too tense and anxious is all." Around the Games time was the worst, if only because of the likelihood that his name was called. Especially after the announcement of the Season Games, Finnian wasn't exactly enthusiastic over his prospects. Before, he had two more chances to be reaped - just two - and then he would be free.

But now? How many chances did he have? Nine? Ten?

Even if he didn't take out tesserae because they didn't need to and it would have put him into more danger, Finn knew that all those slips in those Reaping Balls would add up for him... And they did like reaping kids like him. Kids related to past Victors. Too much for it to not be rigged.

It was enough to give most people his age a heart attack - so his tenseness and anxiety growing more than usual was probably to be expected.

"Otherwise, things are going all right, though. Liz got to stay home from mentoring this time because she could claim she needed to take care of me or something, so she's a bit happier, I think." She had needed a break from teaching kids that would most likely die and (from the way she told it anyway) didn't generally listen to her besides, at least. He was happy for that much anyway.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Mercurius Bellomi
 Posted: Dec 20 2013, 06:21 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'11"
138 LBS
District Four

Tony

Mercurius nodded. "Ah," he said. It was obvious that Finnian was nervous about the Games. Merc was too, he had a lot to leave. His mother, well a few friends, a life. What would his mother do without him? It was hard not to talk about this, the Games were hard to even mention themselves, even if you weren't reaped. Because Merc started claiming tesserae, his name would go in multiple times, more than usual, every time.

Mercurius felt like he made it this far without being called, maybe the odds were in his favour.

"That's good," he smiled. At least there was something good Finnian could get out of this time. Mercurius just had to find his good thing, and stick with it.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Finnian Bane
 Posted: Dec 21 2013, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
6"1
160 LBS
District Four

Jimmy

"What are you doing with the free time anyway?" He asked curiously. He genuinely wanted to know, mostly because Merc was one of the few friends he liked - one that he liked to think he would have gotten along well with even if they weren't both training. Granted, they had their own reasons for training beyond the whole 'fight for glory' thing that most Careers did.

"Other than running around here?" He wondered if Merc played the mental game of: "how much you want to bet that this person won't win the Games" too.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Mercurius Bellomi
 Posted: Dec 22 2013, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'11"
138 LBS
District Four

Tony

Mercurius smiled. "I've been trying to help my mom out a little more. Now that I haven't been.. reaped, I have more time to do what I want, and part of what I want is for her to be happy." He didn't mean to mention the Games at all. It was just that not being reaped had lifted a huge weight off of His shoulders. He was just worried before that His mother would have no one to go to. Of course Finnian, but who knew if something were to happen to the both of them, if the Gamemakers threw a twist in for two boys instead, it just scared him a little bit.

"I also have been trying to add more people to my friends list I suppose." he stated. He didn't mean to make Finnian uncomfortable or anything, so he quickly changed the subject shortly after.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Finnian Bane
 Posted: Dec 22 2013, 05:34 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
6"1
160 LBS
District Four

Jimmy

Finnian listened carefully. He understood, he supposed. In a way, he could see where Merc's struggles were wholly different and somehow more difficult to stomach than his own. While Finnian could feel the weight of the expectation of his own Reaping weighing in on him and knew from watching his sister that even those who survived never quite won, it wasn't like he was someone that was relied on at home. No, he was the youngest, still in school. If anything, he was the burden in the household, if not much of one.

"I can help you meet some more friends, if you like?" Finn offered. He didn't know a ton of people, but he knew a few that weren't entirely raging with love of the Games that might be okay as friends for the kid. "Could help you keep from going insane in your own way, anyway." With a mother to take care of, Finn was almost positive that the guy would need more people that he could relax with.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Mercurius Bellomi
 Posted: Dec 23 2013, 07:27 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'11"
138 LBS
District Four

Tony

Mercurius smiled. "That would be nice," he replied. Merc's mother always tells him to get out of the house and find something to do, especially with breaks and stuff going on now. Finnian was right, Mercurius often went out of it if he didn't think that he did something correctly. It was very important for him to have some people to call friends, and Finnian was one of them. "Thank you."

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Finnian Bane
 Posted: Dec 28 2013, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
6"1
160 LBS
District Four

Jimmy

Finn chuckled, mentally taking notes of the friends who might well be good for the kid. People not too into the Games that might be open to meeting other kids to hang out with. "Hey, how are you doing on that paper project for Zimmer's class?" The shared teacher, as always, had given them some work to do over the break they would get from the Games. The teacher always did that - saying that it would keep their minds sharp when they were done watching for the night. He supposed the guy was right. But that didn't make it any less annoying to deal with.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Mercurius Bellomi
 Posted: Dec 29 2013, 10:51 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'11"
138 LBS
District Four

Tony

Mercurius shrugged. He wasn't really good in school at all. Most things he just threw away. And he couldn't blame it on his mother, he forced himself to help her at all costs. She never asked for much, unless it was important. "Eh, it's not my scene. School." he said. Mercurius never liked school. They go, and then when the time comes, go off and die. Most things they learn in school has no relevance to the creatures and mutts in the Games anyways. The Hunger Games are a whole different ballgame compared to that little class you go to in the Districts.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Finnian Bane
 Posted: Dec 29 2013, 11:40 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
6"1
160 LBS
District Four

Jimmy

Finnian somehow wasn't surprised at this response. That had always been Merc's way. Finn did as well as he could in classes. Sure, the likelihood of him being reaped was mounting higher and higher with the more Games they were holding each year, but he wasn't going to throw schooling aside. His future could be very bright if he managed to escape the terror of the Games. Given how much money his sister had won, it was not entirely far-fetched to continue on to college if he had good enough grades and he could perhaps pursue a job that paid better then being a fisherman.

The other didn't have such a stockpile as far as money went, but he did have less concern than Finn for being reaped and a better likelihood that perhaps he would live past eighteen.

"I'd offer help, but I barely have enough good ideas for it myself." He managed vaguely. "Although I wish he was less persistent about those." An actual break might be nice one of these times and, perhaps, the guy would give them now that the breaks would be for more than just one year.

"Do you want to go see something?" He asked, looking at the boy next to him curiously. Finnian was a bit limited in what he could do, but that couldn't mean that he couldn't bring his friend along to look at something, right? It was just looking.

This post has been edited by Finnian Bane: Dec 29 2013, 11:59 AM

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES