• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» Black & Blue, [tomsy]
Liana Sadler
 Posted: Dec 1 2013, 05:04 PM
[QUOTE]
83rd Games Victor
Female
5'4"
117 LBS
District Four
11-May 12 • 1365 Moneys

Ellie

The doorbell was incredibly loud when you were inside the walls.

Lia had been bored half to death and avoiding going out in the snow--it was a strangely cold winter in Four, and already there'd been two snows, if they could really be called snow. It was more like a thin layer of snow mixed with frost covering the ground, making everything crunchy, and a bitterly cold wind that cut through even the warmest clothing and bit right into the skin. So, more uncomfortable than she was willing to get for a leisurely walk to the freezing cold beach.

Instead, she had rededicated herself to taking things apart in her work room, throwing herself into ripping things open with renewed vigor. But, though she hated to admit it, none of the gadgets she had disemboweled (or demolished) could really hold her interest. Lately, she had this odd feeling, a growing, creeping idea that gnawed at her mind--a grand activity that would occupy her mind far more than any devices she could smash, that just might satisfy the great need she'd been feeling, ever since the mayhem at that Victor conference.

But that was dangerous, and foolish, and would probably kill her, and so instead of throwing her life away, she threw herself inside the walls of her house.

She'd long been taking apart the walls, bit by bit, so that she could get a good look at what the house was really made of. She'd seen all the bits she could--but what would be really interesting would be to see the support system, the way the house was structure where she couldn't cut into it or smash it, for fear of bringing it down around her ears. For that, she had to crawl inside the hole she had made, a flashlight in her teeth and her switchblade in had, to see if she could squeeze through.

She was there when the doorbell rang, and she was so surprised, she jerked her head towards the sound and smacked the back of her head against a beam. Swearing loudly (and quite muffled, around her knife), she sucked in a breath to squeeze back through the wall. It took a few minutes to get back to the hole, since the space was so narrow, and by the time she was exiting, the doorbell had rung again.

With an annoyed growl, Lia flung the flashlight on the ground and stalked out of her workroom and down the stairs, as the doorbell rang again, and again, sounding more and more impatient each time, raising Lia's hackles with each tone. She wasn't expecting anyone, and she wasn't thrilled at the prospect of visitors anyway--but obnoxious, impatient visitors? It was a good thing she still had her knife on her.

She was so furious at the incessant doorbell ringing by the time she actually reached the door that she didn't even bother to check and see who it was--she just flung it open, knife in hand, and barked, "What in the hell do you think you're doing?"

--------------------
[PM]
^
Michael Tomsy
 Posted: Dec 1 2013, 08:03 PM
[QUOTE]
68th Games
Male
5'10
150 LBS
District Twelve
16-April 11 • 2380 Moneys

Meadowlark

It. Was. Freezing. Michael was used to cold. He'd grown up in twelve without good blankets for the winter. But he wasn't warm and toasty under a layer of inebriation, and he'd slept in a tree the night before. He had only known what District he'd woken up in before there was water everywhere. Everywhere. He'd fallen in some stumbling around a pier, chasing after his hat and scarf. He never found the scarf, but the hat was as wet as the rest of him and covered in frost and a bit of snow as well.

Instead of go all the way home (HAH. Home. Right.), he decided perhaps it would be a good time to drop in on an old friend. So, sopping wet, he rang the doorbell to the enchanting Sadler mansion. When it wasn't answered promptly, he sighed and rang it again. And again. She probably couldn't even here the damn thing, she was in the basement taking apart a chainsaw or some-

The door opened. Michael's eyebrows rose and he tensed for all of a moment before he remembered if she stabbed him she'd be doing him a favor.

Michael grinned. Liana. What a breath of fresh air all that fury was. He tipped the fedora on his head at her, giving an elaborate bow, and sending droplets of water scattering as he did so.

"Hello darling. I can see you're beside yourself you've missed me so much. Can I come in or were you planning on stabbing me?" Michael drawled. Or tried to. He was rather freezing, it was hard to be nonchalant under such circumstances.

--------------------
user posted image
Runner /Corgi
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Liana Sadler
 Posted: Dec 1 2013, 08:20 PM
[QUOTE]
83rd Games Victor
Female
5'4"
117 LBS
District Four
11-May 12 • 1365 Moneys

Ellie

For half a second, when she first caught sight of a flash of dark hair and a familiar frame, her heart jumped at the possibility--but then, before the thought had even fully formed, she realized why exactly that posture was familiar, and she noticed the hat atop the mess of dark hair, and she heaved a sigh of frustration that turned into a growl at the end.

"Get in here," she snapped grumpily, because the last few weeks, she'd been unable to be anything but snippety to anyone. "It's freaking freezing, and you're letting out all the heat."

Of course, she was letting out all the heat by holding the door open, but it was his fault, anyway.

Really, she was glad it was Michael at the door. She hadn't seen him since the last round of the Games, and even then, it hadn't been much; she hadn't seen much of anyone she liked the last round--it had been mostly Careers, really, as everybody good, particularly the mentors, had been snatched up doing interviews most of the time. Such was the nature of special twists to the Reapings.

"What are you doing here?" she asked as she closed the door behind him, slightly less hostile, seeing as how Tomsy was her oldest friend and all. "Why is your hat all snowy?"

She narrowed her eyes suspiciously; with Michael, there was always an interesting--and unexpected--explanation.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Michael Tomsy
 Posted: Dec 1 2013, 09:44 PM
[QUOTE]
68th Games
Male
5'10
150 LBS
District Twelve

Meadowlark

"Me? I'm here for hugs."

Maybe he wanted to see if she'd actually stab him, but despite having some common sense left, he turned and wrapped her in a hug before she could escape. It was a brat move, he was soaking wet. It was meant to indicate the reason he was there was he was soaking. But he realized he really wanted the hug half a breath later. His eyes stung with a sudden unexpected pain in his heart where he'd thought he'd long since killed his emotional core.

((You can have her escape or not get hugged if you want. I just thought it would be funny. Since he's soaking wet lol))

--------------------
user posted image
Runner /Corgi
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Liana Sadler
 Posted: Dec 2 2013, 04:44 PM
[QUOTE]
83rd Games Victor
Female
5'4"
117 LBS
District Four
11-May 12 • 1365 Moneys

Ellie

Lia didn't have time to duck out of the hug; it happened before she'd realized he was serious--or at least, serious about hugging her, not about having come here for such a purpose. She yelped as he pulled her in--he was freezing, and his clothes were soaking wet. Her indignant yelp turned to a snarl of protest, and she jabbed at his arm with the handle of her knife as she wormed her way out of the embrace.

"You're all wet!" she spat with a stamp of her foot, as if this were new information to him. She glanced down at her shirt--it was soaked through on the front, and she was shivering just from the damp and the cold air that had come in from outside. She couldn't imagine how cold Michael must be--and again, she had to wonder why.

They would get to that. Sooner, rather than later. But at the moment, she needed to get out of the entryway.

"Kitchen," she grumbled, nodding for Tomsy to follow her. "I might have something dry you can wear."

But the kitchen was the first stop, because now she definitely needed a drink.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Michael Tomsy
 Posted: Dec 5 2013, 04:39 PM
[QUOTE]
68th Games
Male
5'10
150 LBS
District Twelve

Meadowlark

"Am I? I hadn't noticed," Michael replied, laughing as he was pushed away. It felt strange to laugh. The sound felt good but feeling good felt wrong. Uneasy with this sense of wrongness, but used to hiding how he really felt about anything, he continued to grin, nodding towards his host.

Shivering a bit, he did as he was bid, leaving a trail of water in his wake as he trudged towards the kitchen.

"I am sorry about the mess. I fell in some water while I was in the neighborhood. Hard not to. You have far too much of it scattered all around this place," he said, shakily as his shivers increased.

--------------------
user posted image
Runner /Corgi
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Liana Sadler
 Posted: Dec 7 2013, 09:44 AM
[QUOTE]
83rd Games Victor
Female
5'4"
117 LBS
District Four
11-May 12 • 1365 Moneys

Ellie

Lia crossed straight to the alcohol cupboard as she entered the kitchen, flinging it open and reaching instinctively for the vodka, before she remembered Michael was more of a rum drinker. She happened to have starting keeping a bottle or two in her cupboard lately, so she pulled one down, and a couple glasses.

Turning back to her friend, she arched an eyebrow at his story. "It's all frozen now," she grumbled; she wasn't a huge fan of snow. It was far too cold for her taste. "You didn't go rolling around in it, did you? Or did you go for a swim?"

The ocean, obviously, was not frozen, but it might as well have been; if he'd fallen in the actual water, she would be impressed--that he was alive and able to walk all the way here.

She set the glass and the bottle on the table and nodded for Michael to sit. "Here," she said, as if the most obvious thing in the world someone shivering with cold would want was a drink.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Michael Tomsy
 Posted: Dec 10 2013, 04:55 PM
[QUOTE]
68th Games
Male
5'10
150 LBS
District Twelve

Meadowlark

"It was an unfortunate accident while attempting to chase my hat. Nothing worth mentioning," he said haughtily, waving off the questions so that he could take a drink. Warmer for the fire now in his veins, he leaned back against a wall, his hands crossed behind his back. "And what have you been up to? I had to ring the doorbell so many times I was afraid I'd have to climb through a window to find you."

He was done climbing through windows for the time being though. Hal had hit him hard enough when he'd climbed through that Victors window...no need to go repeating the experience. Especially when he knew for a fact Lia would hit harder.

--------------------
user posted image
Runner /Corgi
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Liana Sadler
 Posted: Dec 10 2013, 05:35 PM
[QUOTE]
83rd Games Victor
Female
5'4"
117 LBS
District Four
11-May 12 • 1365 Moneys

Ellie

Lia snorted, and a smile flickered across her face. Leave it to Tomsy to save the hat above all else. She had only just glanced over her shoulder, towards the laundry room, when the dryer beeped as if it could read her very thoughts.

"Nothing," she said over her shoulder as she crossed into the other room and yanked open the dryer drawer. There was a pair of sweatpants in there, she knew, because she'd been drying them for herself, and a t-shirt as well, both she figured would probably fit Michael, though the pants might be a tad short. They were ridiculously long on her; she had to roll the waist a few times to even be able to walk, but the comfort was worth it. She'd never realized that men's clothes were so much more comfortable than women's, until she'd started 'borrowing' Flynn's. She could have bought her own, she supposed, but it was easier (and more fun) just to take his. He never seemed to miss them, anyway.

"Except parading around in glitter," she grumbled as she came back into the kitchen. "Prep team keeps coming out here with ridiculous excuses to make me wear just…shit. Here."

She tossed the pants and the shirt in his direction. "You can wear these, if you want. But I want them back."

--------------------
[PM]
^
Michael Tomsy
 Posted: Dec 10 2013, 05:40 PM
[QUOTE]
68th Games
Male
5'10
150 LBS
District Twelve

Meadowlark

"Whats wrong with a little glitter. I happy to think you look...sparkling...in it," Michael replied, grabbing the clothes and inspecting them with false interest.

His grin widened. For a moment he forgot he hated his life as he checked the tag on the shirt to be sure. These clothes couldn't be Liana's.

"I'm sure you do," he drawled, standing to walk into another room. Was there a bathroom here somewhere, he wondered. "I'll just go change somewhere decent. Wouldn't want whomever owns these clothes to walk in and be upset with finding me all unclothed in your presence," he called out teasingly as he wandered down the halls.

--------------------
user posted image
Runner /Corgi
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Liana Sadler
 Posted: Dec 10 2013, 05:54 PM
[QUOTE]
83rd Games Victor
Female
5'4"
117 LBS
District Four
11-May 12 • 1365 Moneys

Ellie

"Ha, ha," Lia called sarcastically after Tomsy as he disappeared down the hall. "So funny. It's the door on the left."

It was a little funny, or it would have been if she weren't in the most foul mood about the whole thing; Flynn had practically become the Capitol's property, what with all the extensive celebrations in Seven. She'd barely gotten to see him, and he probably had to mentor again next round. Obnoxious.

Trusting Tomy could figure out which door-on-the-left contained the bathroom, she left him on his own and ducked back into the laundry room, emptying the rest of the dryer's contents into a laundry basket. She glanced at it for a second, but folding clothes was her least favorite thing to do, and besides, she had company--the perfect excuse. She shoved the basket aside for later and went back to wait for Michael to come back.

While she waited, she pulled out a pack of cigarettes and lit one, settling it between her lips, and pushed the pack across the table towards Tomsy's seat, trusting he'd want one, too.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Michael Tomsy
 Posted: Dec 10 2013, 06:16 PM
[QUOTE]
68th Games
Male
5'10
150 LBS
District Twelve

Meadowlark

Michael followed her instructions and quickly changed. Feeling decidedly more comfortable in clothes that, while they did not actually completely fit, were at least dry, he exited the bathroom, clothes in hand. He actually started whistling, until he caught himself and, with a scowl, quieted the instinctual response to anything close to happiness.

He leaned on the doorway with a grin. "I promise I'll try not to ruin your boyfriends clothes," he said with a smirk. His eyes paused on the cigarettes, and he eagerly moved forward to take one. His hair was sticking up as he'd just casually ran a towel he'd found over it and neglected to place his hat back.

"So. What are we destroying today?"

--------------------
user posted image
Runner /Corgi
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Liana Sadler
 Posted: Dec 10 2013, 06:37 PM
[QUOTE]
83rd Games Victor
Female
5'4"
117 LBS
District Four
11-May 12 • 1365 Moneys

Ellie

Lia took a drag on her cigarette and smirked at Michael as he appeared back in the kitchen, his hair a mess. She was about to ask him what his stylist would think of him when he promised not to ruin the clothes; she pulled a face at the word 'boyfriend,' still a very odd thing to hear said aloud in her home, and in a serious sense. Children had boyfriends; she had…Flynn.

She perked up at the idea of destroying more things, though, hastily reaching for her glass to finish the remaining drops. "Put your clothes in the dryer," she commanded, pointing to the laundry room. "And follow me."

And then, after a beat: "Maybe bring the bottle."

They were going to her workroom. There were plenty of things to smash there. Newly energized by company, and a drink, she trotted up the stairs, assuming Michael would follow.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Michael Tomsy
 Posted: Dec 10 2013, 06:45 PM
[QUOTE]
68th Games
Male
5'10
150 LBS
District Twelve

Meadowlark

Doing as he was bid, Michael followed her, taking a swig from the bottle as he did so.

"Am I going to need to drink a lot of this after I see what your taking me to?" he asked, somewhat amused at her directive to bring the alcohol.

--------------------
user posted image
Runner /Corgi
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Liana Sadler
 Posted: Dec 10 2013, 07:01 PM
[QUOTE]
83rd Games Victor
Female
5'4"
117 LBS
District Four
11-May 12 • 1365 Moneys

Ellie

"Probably," Lia answered, stopping in front of the door of what had once been the spare bedroom. She whirled around and regarded Michael very seriously. "You can smash stuff," she said. "But not stuff that's already taken apart. And don't move any of the pieces laid out on the floor. They're in order."

With that, she flung open the door to the least likely room in the world to be described as 'in order.' It was in a state of utter chaos--walls torn, wires and beams exposed, tables filling the empty spaces with devices spread across them in various states of disassembly, empty shells of electronic items littering the floor, their bits, pieces, and guts all lined up neatly in front of them in what appeared to be absolutely no order, but which, of course, made perfect sense to Lia.

"There's a hammer here," she said, picking her way across the room, careful not to step on anything. "You can open the walls up more, if you want. Or I have a heater over here." She pointed to a space heater, still completely assembled, sitting in the corner as if waiting its turn. "There's a screwdriver around here somewhere…"

--------------------
[PM]
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES