• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» Never Enough Books, tag; bolt/ellie
Bolt Arcadia
 Posted: Mar 22 2014, 03:24 PM
[QUOTE]
Physician
Male
5'11"
172 LBS
District Ten
31-December 11 • 1070 Moneys

Ellie

Bolt cracked a smile; following Sebastian around must be an interesting way to spend the day, at least for someone from Ten. Bolt was never quite sure what exactly the kid got up to; as long as no trouble got stirred up, he was content to let everyone lead their lives as they would. He would have liked to know what was going on with his kids (a group in which he tended to include Sebastian, regardless of how unsuitable the word 'kid' seemed for him anymore), but since things had gone sour…they had been intent on doing what it was they wanted to do, which included keeping their lives private.

He couldn't blame them. He knew exactly how hard it was to share every aspect of one's life with someone, only to see them toss it all away as though it had meant nothing.

"Yeah, they do," he agreed, nodding at the note Eli held up. "Normal here, to see the kids working as hard as their parents. Not exactly sure if that's part of the culture in any of the higher districts. They have a working age in the Capitol? After school jobs?"

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks to Jimmy for the awesome set!!
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Elihu Blackburn
 Posted: Mar 24 2014, 02:57 PM
[QUOTE]
Sebastian's Avox
Male
6"
150 LBS
District Ten
7-February 14 • 240 Moneys

Jimmy

Eli nodded at the question before writing quickly.

18, but teens can get a permit to work if they are 14. Not nearly as many did this in the Capitol as here, although there were some. He knew about it because he had been one of those who had done as much by working at filing paperwork and occasionally being something of a receptionist in his aunt's clinic. The only reason he got the job was because aside from his capability, they probably relished in the fact that they could pay him less than someone with more experience or credentials.

Not that he really minded at the time. Any money he earned on his own was appreciated.

It's a little odd there, but not rare. More often, anyone old enough to work (even with a permit of sorts) was preoccupied with other things that were far more appealing to teenagers in the Capitol. He couldn't blame them - there had been many a few weekends while in high school that he wished he had some more time off himself.

Maybe he wouldn't have wished for it if he had known how good his job was compared to some of these others.
[PM]
^
Bolt Arcadia
 Posted: Mar 25 2014, 09:19 AM
[QUOTE]
Physician
Male
5'11"
172 LBS
District Ten

Ellie

Bolt nodded. "Makes sense," he said. He supposed, from what he'd gleaned from Twist over the years, that there was more going on in the Capitol for the youth, far more than was available here in the districts. The cultures had to be vastly different--and visibly different, he knew, in order to continue to support the system. Those from the districts worked and produced, those from the Capitol consumed.

Though they were of course not all like that, he supposed, just as not as district residents were the same. He, for example, had had to work far less than some of his classmates when in school, mostly due to his brother's status--and even if he later made up for it by working himself to the bone in med school.

"You'll have to keep us informed," he said. "What you see here--it would be interesting to know how it compares to the Capitol. The kids," he added, as an afterthought. "Might particularly enjoy it."

Not Sebastian, obviously…but Cara and Xavier? Anything that might interest them enough to all sit together as a family for more than five minutes was well worth it.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Elihu Blackburn
 Posted: Mar 25 2014, 05:28 PM
[QUOTE]
Sebastian's Avox
Male
6"
150 LBS
District Ten

Jimmy

Eli didn't think that Bolt was being truthful - or, at the very least, he was being needlessly hopeful about what his children were interested in as far as the terrifying disparity between the reality in Ten and the one in the Capitol.

He still smiled however and nodded. I'll keep it in mind. Perhaps the change was interesting to him, but he was also something of a scientist. He wasn't so sure these kids were ones, however.

How is it working here? He supposed it was different for him, as a doctor, but that certainly made sense. He was more curious for that matter - because he would have been something like Bolt, in just another life.
[PM]
^
Bolt Arcadia
 Posted: Mar 26 2014, 06:59 AM
[QUOTE]
Physician
Male
5'11"
172 LBS
District Ten

Ellie

Bolt's face split in a smile. Work was, at the moment (and quite a bit of the time), his favorite topic of conversation. "It's great," he said. "I mean…I can't really compare it to working anywhere else, I suppose, so it's not exactly an objective analysis, but I enjoy it. I like my work. It's good to be able to help people--lots of injuries here, more than illnesses typically, and medicine is a respected area, for that reason. Not as prestigious as veterinarians, really, but what can you do?"

He crossed to one of the chairs and plopped down, since it appeared he wasn't ducking out of the library as quickly as he thought he would be, and motioned for Eli to take the other one if he wanted. "I did a lot of my hours and my residency at the hospital, and conditions are different there," he added. "Bigger, obviously, less time with patients…a lot more critical cases, a lot more unfortunate ones as well. But opening my own practice was always what I wanted to do, and I was lucky enough to have the means to do so. It's not a huge place, but it's…I mean, it's practically a second home. And it's nice to have built something of my own. You can come by, if you want," he added, as an afterthought. "If you ever…have some time."

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Elihu Blackburn
 Posted: Mar 27 2014, 06:28 PM
[QUOTE]
Sebastian's Avox
Male
6"
150 LBS
District Ten

Jimmy

Eli kind of liked the idea of going by to see the man's practice. It had to be interesting to look at, even if he was only looking. Somehow, he knew that it would be painful for him - emotionally. It would remind him of home - of the Capitol - of the hours he had spent as a teenager in that clinic and all the time afterward as he grew as an adult and a student. He wasn't sure if that would make him very excited or very depressed.

Perhaps it would do both. The human mind was terribly funny like that.

It was funny to think that vegetarians were considered higher than a doctor specified for humans, but this was the livestock district.

I seem to have nothing but time now. He scribbled before nudging the note to the man. This seemed true - and he doubted Sebastian would mind if he paid a visit to the clinic. He didn't seem to mind anything, really, as long as Eli was careful about where he went (but this was no different than much of his family when he had been in the Capitol, really).
[PM]
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES