• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» what's yours is mine,, [surie]
Surie Lie Lohende
 Posted: Jun 24 2012, 10:37 AM
[QUOTE]
part time student
Female
121 lbs LBS
District Nine
4-June 12 • 0 Moneys

Patsy

Surie listened at what Maddox was saying, it was interresting how the different districts worked. "Yeah, we produce our own milk and some eggs, and we sell some of it at the market, but the biggest thing is selling the cows to the slaughterhouse. Meat is kind of our bread and butter, if that makes sense. But it's nice, because we don't have to buy our stuff at market, we get most of it fresh from our own farm." he said. Surie liked the thoughts of that produsing theire own milk and eggs and sell cows too the slaugtherhouse. Maybe not the last one too much blood would be involved for her taste.

"Teach like, at school?" he asked curiously. "Or teach dance? I could never do that--that's so cool. How long have you been dancing?" Surie shrugged her shoulders slightly. "I'm not sure a bit of both maybe?" She said wondering. It would be nice too do both, but what would the chances be? She wondered to herself. She took her hands through her hair before she bit her lips. "Im studying to become a school teacher, as there isn't really any kind of school for dance around here" she added looking down, she found that sad.

Him asking her about how long she had been dancing made her stop talking and think. How long had it been? It had been for as long as she could remember. "i started when I was two years, and now im nineteen, So seventeen years i've been dancing" she added with a smile, dancing had used to be what she would do to clear her mind.

"i'm sure if you trained on something everyday, you would manage to do it too, even if it is dance"

--------------------
user posted image

Set made by Havvie
[PM]
^
Maddox Riley
 Posted: Jun 25 2012, 06:04 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'10"
164 LBS
District Ten
7-June 12 • 1605 Moneys

Ellie

Maddox thought she looked a bit downcast about not having anywhere to teach dance. He supposed it wasn't exactly a priority in Nine, or in any of the districts, really. Maybe in the upper districts, but certainly not out here. Still, he was sure there were some people interested--and they would travel, for a good teacher. "You could always teach private lessons, couldn't you?" he said cheerfully.

His eyes nearly bugged out of his head when she said she had been dancing for seventeen years. He hadn't been doing anything for seventeen years that he could think of, besides...breathing. "Wow," he said, impressed. "That's a long time. Who taught you dance?"

He laughed at the idea of him training in dance. Even if he spent all day practicing, he'd never have been good at something like that. Madd was not gifted with grace or coordination of any kind; he fell over or tripped or ran into someone at least once a day. He injured himself in nearly every conceivable way--except, he had never broken a bone. Lucky, that; he knew he was lucky, in more ways than one.

"Actually, I don't think I would be," he said good-naturedly. "I'm a bit accident prone, see. When I ran into you back there--well, that's a rather daily occurrence, only usually, I end up on the ground."

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Awesome av & sig set by Eva!
[PM]
^
Surie Lie Lohende
 Posted: Jun 26 2012, 01:36 PM
[QUOTE]
part time student
Female
121 lbs LBS
District Nine
4-June 12 • 0 Moneys

Patsy

"You could always teach private lessons, couldn't you?" he said cheerfully. Surie nodded somewhat agreeing too that, but where would she hold the private lessons? She wondered to herself. She bit her lips and looked around before he asked an another question. "That's a long time. Who taught you dance?" A smile appered on her face. "my mum, and grandma, they' both used to dance when they were younger but both ended up as doctors" she answered with a slightly roll on her face. She didn't like the work as a doctor, she would not become one, she was terrified of blood. She'd make a terribe doctor or nurse.

I'm a bit accident prone, see. When I ran into you back there--well, that's a rather daily occurrence, only usually, I end up on the ground." he said, Surie shaked her head slightly. "that was just as much my fault as your fault" Surie said with a smile on her face. It hadn't been all his fault, Surie hadn't watched where she had been going. She had probably been in her own thoughts about Zane when she had walked into him. "What do you want to do when you grow up Maddox?" Surie asked the younger boy. He had to have some kind of hope and dreams for his future.

Surie bit her lips as she waited for Maddox to answer her, she didn't have any specail plans for the day so she could talk for ages. Unless it started raining, then she'd be in a hurry to get home, she didn't want to get sick. "Do you have anything you really love too do?"

--------------------
user posted image

Set made by Havvie
[PM]
^
Maddox Riley
 Posted: Jun 27 2012, 10:12 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'10"
164 LBS
District Ten
7-June 12 • 1605 Moneys

Ellie

Maddox couldn't help but smile when she did, as she talked about dance. So it ran in the family, then, though she didn't look too pleased about the fact that her mother and grandmother had abandoned their talents to become doctors. "Doctors are pretty cool, too," he said with a shrug. "Not something I think I could ever do."

He gave it a moment's through when she asked what he wanted to do when he grew up. It wasn't really a question that was asked of him often, since everyone simply assumed he would take over his parents' farm. Assumed because he was lucky--he would be lucky to have a farm to inherit, to run when his father was tired of it. No one ever expected him to do anything else, because who would be so stupid as to abandon a good living? It was about practicality in Ten, but that was all Madd had ever known, so it didn't bother him. He had never expected to do anything else, either.

"Nothing I particularly like to do, no," he said with another shrug. "Explore, I guess. Meet new people. But you can't make a career of that. And anyway, I'll work with my parents on the farm when I'm done with school. It's what I always knew I would do. And when my dad's ready to retire, I'll take it over, and hopefully by that time, I'll have a family, and they can work the place with me." He grinned at her--that was his plan. It didn't sound very exciting, but it was practically idealistic for a boy from Ten. And besides, he had now, these years before responsibility sank in, to explore and have all his fun and excitement. When he finished school, then he'd focus on what he was doing then; now, he wanted to focus on what he was doing now.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Awesome av & sig set by Eva!
[PM]
^
Surie Lie Lohende
 Posted: Jun 28 2012, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE]
part time student
Female
121 lbs LBS
District Nine
4-June 12 • 0 Moneys

Patsy

"Doctors are pretty cool, too," he said shrugging his shoulders "Not something I think I could ever do." Surie smiled and nodded agreeing. "me neither, I don't like the sights of blood, " Surie said with a shrug with her shoulders, just the thoughts of blood made her feel slightly dizzy. She took her bag into her other hand and looked at Maddox. He was planning to take over the farm? that sounded interresting.

"im sure you'll make a great farmer once you grow up and are old enough to take it over" Surie said to him with a smile on her face. Still the thoughts of blood stuck on her mind. "Do you guys have calfs?" She asked him with a bright smile on her face. Calfs was cute, the big cows was just scary. She bit on her lips again, before she looked down at the ground slightly.

She wanted too get a animal, but she wasn't sure if she should get one or not. And if she would get one she wouldn't know what kind.. "Do you have dogs or cats or something?" She asked him. Maybe he'd recomend something for her. She ran her hand through her brown hair. The wind was blowing through her hair. It felt nice too be talking to someone else, it helped her keep her mind off from Zane. It really helped too talk too other people, people who she did not know. People who could not judge.

"or do you want too have a little pet?"

--------------------
user posted image

Set made by Havvie
[PM]
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES