• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» Let's get these hearts beating faster., Tag: Monk/Abbot
Abbot Lockhart
 Posted: Mar 14 2012, 07:22 PM
[QUOTE]
Carpenter
Male
6'
205 LBS
District Seven
9-March 12 • 90 Moneys

Monk

user posted image
WHEN YOU CAN'T EVEN PICTURE YOUR FUTURE
WE WALK THE PLANK WITH OUR EYES WIDE OPEN

The entire concept of trying to comfort someone was foreign to Abbot and he was afraid it would show. He didn't think he would actually cry, but something told him it might help in getting her to stop. He noticed her blushing and thought back to his choice of words, not even noticing what he had said at the time. "Well, we all have to vent sometime," he replied with a warm smile.

Letting out a shaky exhale, he noticed a few tears still lingering on her cheeks. Being bold, he let go of one of her hands and gently wiped them away with his thumb. "I guess it was just your time, is all." It was so unlike him to be this kind of bold but the situation called for it, he told himself.

Music
Outfit

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Tawny Borne
 Posted: Mar 14 2012, 07:39 PM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 86th Games
Female
5'9"
135 LBS
District Nine
2-March 12 • 315 Moneys

Rae

The callused hands were also surprisingly gentle as they brushed across her smooth skin. It took every emotion in her to not blush or else the leftover moisture would have sizzled off of her skin. "I guess it was my time," she said softly and stared at him for a moment before she bashfully looked around her backyard.

"Um," she mumbled as she stood up, feeling the emotions sink back down to her feet. It was nice to have the pressure from her head rush away. "So, this picnic table... Should we start on it now?" She didn't know why she said "we." Maybe because she'd be keeping his company while he built it, possibly making dinner if he stayed late enough. "And do you have an estimate of how long it would take?"

/OOC
OOOOH, possible dinner "date." By the way, she has a lot of pictures of her friend Zane around the house, so he could be like, "Who's that?" xD

--------------------
user posted image
Thank you, Eva, for the set <3
[PM]
^
Abbot Lockhart
 Posted: Mar 14 2012, 07:51 PM
[QUOTE]
Carpenter
Male
6'
205 LBS
District Seven
9-March 12 • 90 Moneys

Monk

user posted image

Finally, Abbot moved his hands away and reached for his notebook, somewhat flustered himself. "Right, picnic table..." he added, clearing his throat. He looked down at his sketch, trying to occupy his mind for the moment.

"Ah, I'm gestimating about two and a half hours." Give or take, he figured. After all, he had already been distracted enough as it was. Abbot wasn't even taking into consideration the time in the afternoon that is was already but, being the carefree soul he was, he wasn't really affected by it much.

He glanced up at her again, the first time since they had dropped hands, a swallowed down the air caught in his throat. "Do you think that's going to be alright?"

Music
Outfit
((Yes, dinner date. xD This is such an upbeat alternative to our other thread.))

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Tawny Borne
 Posted: Mar 15 2012, 04:09 PM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 86th Games
Female
5'9"
135 LBS
District Nine
2-March 12 • 315 Moneys

Rae

Judging by her internal clock -- something she developed while in the arena -- she guessed that it was around 1:00 in the afternoon. As she nodded, Tawny said, "Yes, that's perfectly fine. But is it okay with you? I know that District Seven is a bit of a drive from here."

The last thing Tawny wanted to be was more of a burden. First, she cried in front of him. She didn't want there to be a second reason. She didn't want him getting home at midnight or something, however long it took for a drive back to his home took.

/OOC
Ew, short post.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Abbot Lockhart
 Posted: Mar 15 2012, 05:34 PM
[QUOTE]
Carpenter
Male
6'
205 LBS
District Seven
9-March 12 • 90 Moneys

Monk

user posted image

Abbot shrugged slightly with a bit of a smirk. "Eh, I think I'll be alright," he said. "I'll go grab the rest of my things real quick and get started." Abbot was actually in no hurry at all. He walked back through the house, out the front door and to his truck where he gathered his other supplies wearing his usual grin.

He turned to face the house, admiring the architecture once more, and reentered with a light sigh. Abbot never expected much out of a day, but days that held small surprises, like meeting new people or learning new things, were special to him and so far, this day was by far no less than that.

Music
Outfit

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Tawny Borne
 Posted: Mar 16 2012, 08:34 PM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 86th Games
Female
5'9"
135 LBS
District Nine
2-March 12 • 315 Moneys

Rae

When Abbot was out of her house for the moment, Tawny yelled at herself for not looking more presentable today. "Slippers really?" she mumbled to herself, kicking her feet into the air. "Leggings too," she said, flustered. If she had bothered to take a fifteen minutes shower, her hair would have shiny and wavy. It would have been much more attractive than the sloppy bun piled on top of her head.

She heard Abbot walk back into her house, and she tried her best to look occupied with herself. Which she was, only in a negative way. When he walked into the backyard, she glanced up at him curiously. "So, what's first?" she asked and straightened herself up in the chair.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Abbot Lockhart
 Posted: Mar 16 2012, 08:48 PM
[QUOTE]
Carpenter
Male
6'
205 LBS
District Seven
9-March 12 • 90 Moneys

Monk

user posted image

After a few seconds of searching, Abbot found a nice open area on the ground to set everything out. He carefully set the wood and tools down on the ground and reopened his notebook to its latest page. "Well first," he started as he pulled another pencil out of his toolbox, "I have to measure out the wood and cut it. " Amongst his work was where Abbot felt his most comfortable but something about the company of Tawny made him even more relaxed. He smiles and he pulled out his tape measure and marked on the wood.

Abbot mentally kicked himself, figuring that if he wanted the table to meet his expectations, he would probably be longer than two and a half hours. He fumbled with the idea of whether or not he wanted to bring it up to her.

Music
Outfit

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Tawny Borne
 Posted: Mar 18 2012, 08:45 AM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 86th Games
Female
5'9"
135 LBS
District Nine
2-March 12 • 315 Moneys

Rae

Sitting cross-legged on her comfortable chair, Tawny observed Abbot as he quickly measured the wood. It was as if it was a sixth sense to him, the way he automatically had a measurement for each piece of wood. She compared his skill to her skills in the kitchen. Every cheesecake came out perfectly with no cracks in the top. Soufflés almost came out ginormous and fluffy.

She enjoyed how content he looked as he did everything as well. Being able to enjoy what you did for a living was almost as important as the job itself. "You always smile," she pointed out. "Or at least for the amount of time you've been here." Tawny had been watching him with her blue eyes full with curiosity. People who weren't victors and actually had to make a living by themselves (which was all but two in her district) interested her. She never knew the feeling of having to obtain or keep a job. In a way, she was glad that she didn't. Money wasn't a problem for her. But the way she earned that money did not appeal to her. The Hunger Games had been her job.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Abbot Lockhart
 Posted: Mar 18 2012, 09:24 AM
[QUOTE]
Carpenter
Male
6'
205 LBS
District Seven
9-March 12 • 90 Moneys

Monk

user posted image

Abbot chuckled slightly as he glanced up from his work. "Smiling's like a pastime for me," he replied. "I've found that most people I come across could use a smile every so often, so I try to smile whenever I can." Abbot was also one of those strange people who were perpetually happy but most people could tell that by a short conversation with him.

Marking off the last of his measurements, Abbot dug through the bottom of his tool box and picked out the best screws he had. He wasn't used to being observed while he worked, which made him feel that he had more pressure on him to make the table just right, but he wasn't about to show any signs of weakness.

Music
Outfit

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Tawny Borne
 Posted: Mar 18 2012, 11:32 AM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 86th Games
Female
5'9"
135 LBS
District Nine
2-March 12 • 315 Moneys

Rae

Tawny nodded and peers over her chair sneakily. Not as if she really were being sneaky in watching him, but she was hiding her cheeks because she was smiling. Her dimples, obviously were an obvious symbol of smiling. Abbot was so insanely adorable in his looks and mannerisms that it was almost impossible for her not to smile.

"That must be really nice for the people who never smile," she said in a conclusive voice. Sure was nice for me, she thought. Controlling her smile slightly, she stopped peering over her chair and simply rested her chin and watched. A hint of a smile was on her lips, and that's all that was needed.

"How long have you been a carpenter?" she asked, trying to help him pass the time.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Abbot Lockhart
 Posted: Mar 31 2012, 03:27 PM
[QUOTE]
Carpenter
Male
6'
205 LBS
District Seven
9-March 12 • 90 Moneys

Monk

user posted image

Taking a second to think back, Abbot calculated the years of his work. "Well, my father started teaching me woodworking when I was around nine but I've had this job since I was sixteen." Throwing the planks up on some saw horses he had brought with him, Abbot began to carefully trim the boards to their right lengths. "Most of my family works in the lumber mill, however. A little too dangerous for my tastes," he added, wondering if she really cared to hear about his handless father.

Music
Outfit

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Tawny Borne
 Posted: Mar 31 2012, 04:22 PM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 86th Games
Female
5'9"
135 LBS
District Nine
2-March 12 • 315 Moneys

Rae

As she listened to Abbot, she wondered what it was like to have to work for your money. Since she was twelve when she was reaped -- still twelve when she won since her birthday didn't occur during the Games -- her parents made all the money. Now, she supplied her parents with money/ Still, they kept their jobs. Tawny knew they didn't want to stay dependent on their daughter.

"That does dangerous," she said in a slight revere. "I would be too afraid to work because of the possible injuries."

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES