• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» Let's get these hearts beating faster., Tag: Monk/Abbot
Tawny Borne
 Posted: Mar 11 2012, 05:25 PM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 86th Games
Female
5'9"
135 LBS
District Nine
2-March 12 • 315 Moneys

Rae

Tawny walked around her house in a long, soft shirt that her father gave her a long time ago, probably after she came back from the Games and needed something to comfort her in. They lived with her in her house for a while, six years actually, and once she hit eighteen, they moved back to their little house that they felt more comfortable in. Also, since she was expecting someone from a District Seven company to build her a bench for her backyard, she had leggings on. Can't be walking around with no pants if a man could possibly be coming over.

She had called the company a few hours beforehand. She wasn't in any rush to have anyone in her house. Actually, she preferred for them to take their time since she had bras and underwear all around her room, and one never knows what someone can see when walking past her room.

Hopefully, the desk would only take a few hours to build. Then, they would take it to wherever to finish it and make it shiny and dark brown. After, they'd bring it back to her and she'd have a beautiful bench. Why did she need a bench? She didn't. But her money needed to be wasted on something. Maybe she would invite some tributes over for lunch, catch up on things non-Hunger Games related.

--------------------
user posted image
Thank you, Eva, for the set <3
[PM]
^
Abbot Lockhart
 Posted: Mar 11 2012, 06:00 PM
[QUOTE]
Carpenter
Male
6'
205 LBS
District Seven
9-March 12 • 90 Moneys

Monk

user posted image
WHEN YOU CAN'T EVEN PICTURE YOUR FUTURE
WE WALK THE PLANK WITH OUR EYES WIDE OPEN

Abbot had never been one to believe premonitions even though he enjoyed hearing them. His mother always told him, you never know who the person you meet today could be tomorrow. Though the idea of this excited him, Abbot never figured it would amount to anything for him. But, this created some unusual expectation for each of his jobs. When he heard that he had been hired to build something for a Victor, he was immediately intrigued. There simply weren't many tributes from Seven so they were a type of people he dealt with often.

Looking around, he admired the architecture of the homes in the Victor's Village of Nine. Finding the house he needed, Abbot hurried up the steps and knocked on the door. "Hello?" he called out, gripping to his notebooks and toolbox. "I'm here to build you a desk!" Abbot could already tell this was going to be an interesting day.

Music
Outfit

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Tawny Borne
 Posted: Mar 11 2012, 06:13 PM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 86th Games
Female
5'9"
135 LBS
District Nine
2-March 12 • 315 Moneys

Rae

Tawny knew the carpenter was there when Pippa, her puppy, started barking excitedly and when she heard a man knocking and calling her to the door. "It's a new person, Pippa!" she whispered excitedly at her puppy and laughed as she walked to the door. She opened it casually, staring down at her puppy who followed her to the door.

"Hi, come on," she said, still smiling down at her puppy. Then looked down and looked down at the carpenter. The handsome carpenter. Crap! Why didn't I dress better!? she thought in a panic as she tried to fix her hair, but then realized it was already in a messy bun and headband. She laughed awkwardly and moved away from the frame of the door, so he could walk in easily.

Well, it was a good thing her house was relatively clean since they would have to walk through the house to get to her well-kept backyard, complete with a heated pool and jacuzzi. At least the Capitol gave the victors luxury for the hell they put them through.

Outfit

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Abbot Lockhart
 Posted: Mar 11 2012, 06:32 PM
[QUOTE]
Carpenter
Male
6'
205 LBS
District Seven
9-March 12 • 90 Moneys

Monk

user posted image

With a bright smile, Abbot looked back at the woman. Lady Victor. Pretty lady Victor. This was an even more rare crowd for Abbot to have dealt with, but he was determined to make the best of it like he did with everything else. "Hi there," Abbot said cheerful, looking over the woman and quickly looking down at the dog. Clearing his throat a bit, he glanced around and spoke once more. "So, uh, where do you want to talk and get started on the plans."

This would be the finest desk built in all of both District Seven and Nine, Abbot was sure of it.

Music
Outfit
((Ew, short, sorry. ;A; ))

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Tawny Borne
 Posted: Mar 11 2012, 06:43 PM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 86th Games
Female
5'9"
135 LBS
District Nine
2-March 12 • 315 Moneys

Rae

"We can just talk out here," Tawny said as she walked out into her backyard. It wasn't too cold outside. Besides, she was fairly warm in her slippers and leggings, and it looks liked the man was dressed warm too.

"Oh!" she said, suddenly realizing that she forgot to introduce herself. "Uh, I'm Tawny," she added and held out her hand for him to shake it. It was stupid to say that, because he looked about her age. Her Games weren't very long ago, and a twelve-year-old killing a sixteen-year-old male Career was quite impressive... and unforgettable, as she knows well. Going to District One offered many glares, along with many fans who want her to train them. Sadly, for them, she was never a Career and never trained like one. All she worried about was keeping a healthy, girlish figure.

She sat down on a plush velvet chair that was next to an outdoor fireplace. It seemed like everything in her house was plush. She made a gesture to the seat that was close to hers as she said, "So... yeah. All I need is for you to built me a bench, like the ones you see at parks for picnics and stuff."

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Abbot Lockhart
 Posted: Mar 11 2012, 06:55 PM
[QUOTE]
Carpenter
Male
6'
205 LBS
District Seven
9-March 12 • 90 Moneys

Monk

user posted image

Still wearing a smile, which was the general norm for him, Abbot shook the woman's hand. "Well, Tawny, nice to meet you. I'm Abbot." His mother had always said that he wasn't the most charming man on the block, but he was at least polite. Already flipping to an open page in his notebook, Abbot followed her outside and took a seat by her. "So, a picnic table? Is that it?" Abbot asked as he scribbled down a few things down in his notebook. "Any specifics or anything?"

Each time he would write something and look up, Abbot would glance over the girl quickly. Abbot had never been much of a flirt, but there was just something that he couldn't help. To distract himself, he tapped his pen on his notebook and waited for further instructions.

Music
Outfit

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Tawny Borne
 Posted: Mar 11 2012, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 86th Games
Female
5'9"
135 LBS
District Nine
2-March 12 • 315 Moneys

Rae

"Nice to meet you too," she said with a shy smile. "And yeah, just a picnic table. For parties and... picnics and stuff like that" Tawny crossed her ankles and then uncrossed them, a little bit flustered by Abbot. She wasn't usually flustered by men, but he was just so... handsome.

"Specifics?" she mumbled to herself and drummed her fingers on the edge of her seat. Tawny hadn't even planned on getting a picnic table until her last visit to District Seven. There was an impressive-looking carpentry business, so she decided to schedule an appointment to make a picnic table. "No. I haven't really thought of any specifics. A simple picnic table is needed. I just want it to be pretty with a nice finish at the end as well."

She looked around her backyard, looking at the huge tree that was in the middle of her yard, along with the fresh winter vegetables she grew for cooking. Slowly, she glanced back at Abbot, then looked away. Finally, she looked back at him. "Did you already have everything with you or...?" she asked. She didn't know if he came in a car or on foot or on the bus. Only with a truck could he have the lumber needed to build her table.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Abbot Lockhart
 Posted: Mar 13 2012, 04:03 PM
[QUOTE]
Carpenter
Male
6'
205 LBS
District Seven
9-March 12 • 90 Moneys

Monk

user posted image

Abbot continued to scribble on the page as he mulled over a few things over his mind. Tools were no issue, he always had what he needed, but he couldn't remember just what kinds of wood he had in his truck. After thinking for a moment, Abbot remembered a fairly large amount of maple he had in the back of his truck that he was saving for a special occasion. And this seemed to be the perfect time. "Actually," he started with a smile, "I think I might have everything I need with me." Abbot flipped to a new page in his notebook and started to sketch out a design and some measurements.

Humming to himself a bit, Abbot smiled as he looked down at the design for what was going to be the greatest picnic table ever. Not because Abbot was that good of a carpenter - he was good, but not boastful - but because he was more than eager to impress this woman he had just met. "So, uh, Tawny," he said glancing up from his notebook. "Tell me about yourself." Small talk felt normal for Abbot and he hopped that she didn't mind or feel like he was prying.

Music
Outfit

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Tawny Borne
 Posted: Mar 13 2012, 04:12 PM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 86th Games
Female
5'9"
135 LBS
District Nine
2-March 12 • 315 Moneys

Rae

Tawny didn't know where to start in her life. Things had changed so dramatically for her since she was twelve, so she wondered if that was her true life. What if the Games never had happened to her? How would she be now?

"Uh, well, I'm twenty-five," she said, starting from the basics. "I'm the eighty-sixth Hunger Games victor. My victor talent is baking, although I cook well. My mother is sick of not having grandchildren; my dad disagrees," she mumbled a little bit. Explaining herself was horrible. When she was twelve, interviews were easy. She was actually able to accept the fact that she could die, although it left her crying some nights before the Games. Suddenly, her puppy barked. "I love my puppy," she laughed.

Curious about the design for her picnic table, came around to the back of his chair, and peered over his shoulder. "Oh, that looks nice," she said honestly, in awe of how he could translate his thoughts onto the paper so well.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Abbot Lockhart
 Posted: Mar 13 2012, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE]
Carpenter
Male
6'
205 LBS
District Seven
9-March 12 • 90 Moneys

Monk

user posted image

He listened carefully with his usual smile as he endured the constant process of erasing and re-drawing. His patience for this, however, was far better than any normal person's; after all, it had to be just right. "Eighty-sixth? I remember that one...Baking? That's interesting." he mused as he swept away some eraser shavings with his hand.

As she stood behind his chair, he looked up at her with a proud smile. "You think so?" He looked down at his notebook once more to make final adjustments. "You're the customer. Tell me if you want anything fixed."

Music
Outfit

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Beau Pierson
 Posted: Mar 13 2012, 04:48 PM
[QUOTE]
Landscape Architect
Male
6'2"
180 LBS
District Five
26-February 12 • 100 Moneys

Rae

"Yeah..." she whispered, staring at the paper but not really looking at the paper. "That one." Trying to bring a happier tone into her voice, "Yeah, and baking. Cookies, cakes, pastries. I make really good chocolate cake," she said. "Cheese biscuits too."

She couldn't stop thinking of her Games now. The sight of Dedrick overcame her vision. His dark curly hair and bright green eyes that reminded her of the emeralds the District Seven female tribute wore on her dress. They were so beautiful and mesmerizing. She remembered how they looked at her when she was injured. Caring and intense. If he was going to kill her, it would have been simple since she was so locked on the opaque color of his eyes.

She sniffled a little bit. Not the right time to cry. "Everything seems perfect."

/OOC
This was my post correction post, by the way.

--------------------
user posted image
Credits to Kassi for my beautiful signature <3
[PM]
^
Abbot Lockhart
 Posted: Mar 13 2012, 05:05 PM
[QUOTE]
Carpenter
Male
6'
205 LBS
District Seven
9-March 12 • 90 Moneys

Monk

user posted image

"Cheese biscuits? That sounds amazing!" He chuckled to himself as he added the rest of the measurements to the picture. As his chuckle came to a halt, he felt a twisting in his stomach, knowing that something wasn't quite right. After hearing a sniffle, he knew that his theory was justified. Glancing up at her with concern and setting his notebook aside, Abbot frowned slightly. "Are you alright? Did I say something wrong?" It wasn't uncommon for things to slip out of Abbot's mouth which offended or hurt people in some way, he just happened to be oblivious to most of those things.

Music
Outfit

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Tawny Borne
 Posted: Mar 14 2012, 05:16 PM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 86th Games
Female
5'9"
135 LBS
District Nine
2-March 12 • 315 Moneys

Rae

Staring down at the paper, Tawny shook her head and sniffled once more. It was a delicate sniffle. If tears came, it would be more intense. "No, you didn't say anything wrong," she said, a little choked up.

"It's a victor thing," she added as she went back to her seat. As she massaged her temples with the tip of her fingers, she explained, "When you're in the arena, well, you form relationships you wouldn't otherwise form. I'm sure you could tell with certain people, and if you remember my Games... well, then you would know why I'm getting emotional right now."

Tawny glanced up to meet his eyes. "I had an ally," she said simply, her eyes surprisingly dry. "His name was Dedrick. In the arena, I was attacked by a giant lizard muttation, and it bit me in the leg after it killed a few tributes, but I guess the Gamemakers called off the attack because it didn't finish me off. I had wished it did though. The pain was so unbearable.

"So, I was crawling through the forest, trying to fight off the infection in the heat, and then he came along. I thought he was going to kill me, but instead he helped me with the first aid kit he had snagged at the Cornucopia. After that, it was obvious we were allies."

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. The memories were surfacing brighter and more clear. She could explain everything in keen detail if she felt the need. "Anyways," she explained, "having an ally in a life or death situation could bring up some pretty high emotions. We liked each other. At night, when the temperature dropped significantly, we would sleep next to each other and keep each other warm while one of us we're standing guard.

"The next few days were important to us. We kept count of the deaths, bringing a few on ourselves, and suddenly, it was the final three. Him, a District One boy, and me. One day, when he ventured off to look for food, which I (stupidly) agreed to, he was killed by the Career. I only had a knife. Either I would die or I would win." The tears started coming. "So I killed him. I avenged Dedrick's death, but it still... it just still hurts to think about."

Her shaky hands swept away a few stray tears, and suddenly, she stood up. "I'm so sorry for dumping that on you." Her face flushed with embarrassment. Only the whacked out victor would tell almost a complete stranger her entire Games story. She couldn't take it back either. Now, she knew, he would quickly build that picnic table and get the hell out of her district, away from the f'd up victor girl.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Abbot Lockhart
 Posted: Mar 14 2012, 06:53 PM
[QUOTE]
Carpenter
Male
6'
205 LBS
District Seven
9-March 12 • 90 Moneys

Monk

user posted image

"No no, don't be sorry! I shouldn't have said anything about it." Abbot jumped up from his seat, biting his bottom lip, and looked at her from across the couch. Now, he felt terrible for one, bringing up something that was obviously not a good idea to bring up and, two, for making her cry.

His bottom lip quivering slightly, Abbot fought himself for an idea of what to do."Please just don't cry. I hate to see pretty women crying cause it makes me want to cry and a yard full of crying grown adults isn't going to be a good scene at all!" Slightly out of breath from his comment, Abbot reached across the couch and took hold of her hands in his, trying to comfort her in a more orthodox fashion. He let out a long exhale and squeezed her hands slightly. "Really, I'm the one who should be sorry."

Abbot had never found himself to be a comforting person for all he ever did with his troubles were ignore them until they went away or take them on with a grin. He couldn't quite understand why he felt the need to comfort this woman - partly the guilt from bringing up a touchy subject, party the fact that he really hated to see anyone cry - but he was definitely sure that he was going to make it up to her or cheer her up somehow.

Music
Outfit

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Tawny Borne
 Posted: Mar 14 2012, 07:07 PM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 86th Games
Female
5'9"
135 LBS
District Nine
2-March 12 • 315 Moneys

Rae

Abbot's hands were warmed and callused, but surprisingly comforting. Yes, she was glad he did that; it made her feel better. And the fact that he didn't just ignore her feelings and continue on his latest project was comforting as well. Maybe he would be back. Hopefully, he would take his time and talk to her.

Actually, he made her laugh a little. When Zane, her best friend, called her pretty, it was typical Zane behavior. She expected it from him. But hearing it from a man she also found attractive made her feel a bit more confident. Though, it did make her blush, so she looked down and said, "No. You shouldn't be apologizing. You never really asked my Games. You simply just said that you'd seen them." She looked back up at him, her blue eyes watery and refreshed. Letting a small smile spread across her face, she added, "I don't want you to cry either."

She glanced at their hands awkwardly. Really, she needed her hands to wipe away the tears that slowly trickled down her face. But she didn't mind letting them go, if it meant a few more seconds of the warmth and comfort of the stranger's hands.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES