• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» rain rain go away, tag: casper
Aolani Wheeler
 Posted: Nov 25 2011, 09:14 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'2"
110 LBS
District Eight
28-October 11 • 1425 Moneys

Fading

All she had wanted to get was a jar of peanut butter. Her mother had sent her to District Nine to get some food and supplies. While there wasn't as much available here as in District Eight, there was definitely more variety. In District Eight, most of the stores only sold bread, a few meats, and apples. It was harder to get more "exotic" things like jams, sauces, and peanut butter.

But mom had recently gotten promoted. It hardly ever happened in District Eight, but someone in the factory had noticed her hard work, and gave her a position as a manager. It was one of the happiest days Aolani could remember. Her mother had looked so happy and carefree, and they had held hands and danced excitedly around their apartment to the music in their hearts.

That's why they could afford things like peanut butter now. They weren't rich by any means, but they had more money to spend on simple pleasures. She had bought her things and run out, anxious to get home before dark. Well, it looked like that might be next to impossible now.

She didn't even reach the square where the bus stop was before the skies poured down hail. Lani had squeaked angrily and run under the cover into the stairwell of an apartment complex. She was soaked to the skin and there were angry red marks where the hail had fell.

How was she supposed to get to the bus stop now? She cradled her bag closer to her, hoping that no one would kick her out of the building or steal her things. She waited by the door, huddled up against the wall, hoping that the storm would let up.

--------------------
user posted image
The Face of Aolani :: Forgotten Footsteps {Tracker}
user posted image
Credit to Soph... for a lot of awesomeness besides graphics... <3
[PM]
^
Casper Neexson
 Posted: Nov 25 2011, 10:03 AM
[QUOTE]
Student, Band Member
Male
5'7"
142 LBS
District Nine
17-September 11 • 140 Moneys

Leon

He shoved the sandwiches into his backpack and pushed his earphones into his ears before choosing a random song to listen to, smiling. (He never had gotten over the fact that a Victor had bought the whole band an MP3 Player each; it made him feel important.) Casper looked out of the window quickly before walking out of his bedroom and down the stairs into the apartment building.

It seemed pretty quiet, which was unusual. There were usually a lot of people in the lobby, adults used it as some sort of place for a rendezvous. He was glad it was empty, it made it easier to get out and he didn't have to stop and talk to a random old woman who thinks he's grown and become rather handsome.

The quietness was interrupted though by the sound of heavy rain thudding against the windows. Casper sighed; he'd have to turn and go back now, there was no way he was going out in that. But before he did, a pretty girl ran into the building. Casper couldn't help but smile at the sight of her, soaking.

"You look wet," he smiled at her. "I was just heading up to my apartment, come up with me if you like, I'll get you a towel."
[PM]
^
Aolani Wheeler
 Posted: Nov 25 2011, 12:44 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'2"
110 LBS
District Eight

Fading

"You look wet." At first, Aolani thought the boy who entered the lobby was going to kick her out. After all, she was dripping water everywhere, and she didn't live here. She was about to plead to stay, but he continued, "I was just heading up to my apartment, come up with me if you like, I'll get you a towel."

She shivered and nodded quickly, a smile spreading across her face. "That would be great, pleashe." She walked closer to him and said, "No way I'm getting to the bushe in thish weather. That'sch why I came in here."

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Casper Neexson
 Posted: Nov 25 2011, 12:58 PM
[QUOTE]
Student, Band Member
Male
5'7"
142 LBS
District Nine

Leon

Casper smiled back at her again. He noticed that she had her lisp. He was going to comment on it, but it might have seemed a bit rude or strange or something. Not that he would have meant to come across as rude, but some people probably didn't take too well to somebody pointing out that they have a lisp. Anyway, her lisp was cute. But of course he wouldn't say that, maybe she would think he was mocking her or something? He wouldn't mock her at all.

She came closer to him...what did he do? What did she want? Maybe he should wrap his arm around her, that would keep her warm. He outstretched his arm. No! He'd only just met her, he couldn't touch her and expect her to not get freaked out...but now he had his arm stretched out. He offered her his hand to shake.

"I'm Casper, what's your name?" Well done, Casper. Smooth.
[PM]
^
Aolani Wheeler
 Posted: Dec 3 2011, 04:12 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'2"
110 LBS
District Eight

Fading

Aolani took his offered hand and shook it vigorously, probably grabbing it a bit tighter than was really necessary. She smiled broadly, water still dripping from her hair onto the floor of the lobby. "I'm Aolani Wheeler. Nische to meet you! I'm from Dishtrict Eight. And you're from here."

She nodded, as if confirming these facts for herself.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Casper Neexson
 Posted: Dec 10 2011, 09:30 AM
[QUOTE]
Student, Band Member
Male
5'7"
142 LBS
District Nine

Leon

The girl was, well, er....different. But a nice different, though she shook his hand hard and it hurt a little. He didn't show it thought. Instead he laughed and nodded, confirming her assumption that he was from District 9. His stomach flipped at the sound of her voice, he loved hearing her cute little lisp again.

"Nice to meet you Aolani. I'm Casper Neexson, and my apartment is this way," he smiled and stretched his hand out for her to take. No, she won't want to hold your hand...so he pretended he was swinging them instead, and then lead her to his apartment.
[PM]
^
Aolani Wheeler
 Posted: Dec 13 2011, 05:06 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'2"
110 LBS
District Eight

Fading

"Cashper Neekshun," Aolani parroted back to him, then added cheerily, "That'sch a nische name!" He pointed in the direction of his apartment, and Aolani saluted him. "Lead the name, Captain Neekshun! It'sch a bloody bad shtorm out here, and I'd like to be in the cabin inshtead of out on the deck, what!" She grinned and followed him.

"Ish your family in your apartment, or are they all out?" Aolani loved meeting family members of people; she liked seeing if they were similar or different to each other. Lani just liked meeting people in general.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Casper Neexson
 Posted: Dec 24 2011, 08:40 AM
[QUOTE]
Student, Band Member
Male
5'7"
142 LBS
District Nine

Leon

Casper grinned as he listened to Aolani talking; everything she was saying was making her even more cuter, and the lisp just added to the cuteness. He walked up the stairs, checking behind him to see if Aolani was there every couple of steps. When they reached the top, he opened the door and stepped inside, leaving it open for her.

"My Mom went out shopping, but she'll probably be back soon with the weather being like this," he replied, before walking into the bathroom and grabbing a towel from the towel rack.
[PM]
^
Aolani Wheeler
 Posted: Dec 24 2011, 09:21 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'2"
110 LBS
District Eight

Fading

Aolani climbed the stairs, staying behind Casper. If she knew the building, she probably would have surged ahead of him, but she didn't want to look like a complete idiot and zoom past his door. He got to his apartment and opened the door, and Aolani walked in behind him.

"Yeah, I hope she ishn't out in thish weather. She should shtay at the shtore. That'sch what I would've done," Aolani said loudly as he went to get a towel. She hugged her arms closer to each other and stood in the center of the room, not wanting to sit down yet because she was so soaked.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Casper Neexson
 Posted: Dec 24 2011, 09:42 AM
[QUOTE]
Student, Band Member
Male
5'7"
142 LBS
District Nine

Leon

Casper walked back over to Aolani with a towel and handed it to her with his trademark smile. "Do you want me to get you something dry to wear...I'm sure I have a pair of old sweatpants and a shirt somewhere, and I'll leave your clothes to dry?" Well he could say that he had brought a girl back to his apartment but these weren't exactly the circumstances he'd have imagined.
[PM]
^
Aolani Wheeler
 Posted: Dec 25 2011, 12:54 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'2"
110 LBS
District Eight

Fading

Aolani took the towel, and smiled back at him. He had a real nice smile. A lot of kids in the lower districts forgot to smile, but he obviously didn't. No one could get that nice a grin just frowning all the time. She hugged the towel close to her and said, "That worksch, though I'm not shure the pants will fit. I'm a lot shorter than you are." She hung the towel around her shoulders and felt a bit warmer. "I ushually wear baggy t-shirts anyway. They're more comfy."

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Casper Neexson
 Posted: Jan 8 2012, 06:32 AM
[QUOTE]
Student, Band Member
Male
5'7"
142 LBS
District Nine

Leon

Her smile was perfect. It made his heart skip a beat and he was almost lost in it each time she did, but he managed to pull himself back into reality before he was silent and staring at her for too long because that would probably creep her out or something. He nodded...sweatpants? Why did he suggest sweatpants? She was so much smaller than him she'd probably trip with each step. Stupid Casper!

Casper chuckled sheepisly, scratching his neck. "Yeah...right...too short. Er, I'll get some shorts then, though they'll probably go past your knees," he walked quickly into his bedroom and opened his drawers, rummaging through all of his clothes until he found a shirt and a pair of shorts. Then he walked back over to where Aolani was and gave her the clothes.

"You can change in the bathroom if you want, and I'll put your clothes in the dryer." Casper said.
[PM]
^
Aolani Wheeler
 Posted: Jan 28 2012, 07:39 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'2"
110 LBS
District Eight

Fading

Aolani nodded. "Okay." She wondered idly if they would be basketball shorts; she was learning how to play basketball, but she didn't have the nice clothes that some of the upper district kids had. She had to run around the court in overalls or heavy jeans, but she held her own anyway.

When he came back, Lani took the clothes. "Thanksch," she gushed and scurried over to the bathroom. Once inside, she closed the door and quickly changed, balling up her wet clothes and walking back out.

"Thanksch," she said again. "I ushually like rain, but only if I'm planning to change clothesch. Like when I'm at the beach." Lani plopped down on the couch and looked up at him. "Do you ever go to the beach? It'sch my favorite plasche in the world!"

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Casper Neexson
 Posted: Jan 28 2012, 07:48 AM
[QUOTE]
Student, Band Member
Male
5'7"
142 LBS
District Nine

Leon

Casper smiled as she came back, trying not to laugh. The clothes were much too large for her, and it looked funny, but also kind of cute at the same time. He took her wet clothes and rushed into the kitchen, throwing them into the tumble-dryer and turning it on before walking back to where Aolani was. He hoped she didn't think he was weird for rushing so much, but he just didn't want to be away from her for too long.

"You're welcome," he smiled and sat beside her, grinning subconsciously as he listened to her talk about the beach. This day was just getting better by the second, which was weird because Casper hardly ever had a good day when it was raining, because the band never got to practise.

"Oh, yeah...the beach is great. I wrote a song about the beach, mostly the sea, once...the band didn't like it though." He shrugged, before realising she probably didn't know what he was talking about. "Oh sorry, I'm the lead singer in a band," he grinned proudly, bigging himself up to her.
[PM]
^
Aolani Wheeler
 Posted: Jan 28 2012, 08:09 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'2"
110 LBS
District Eight

Fading

"Really?" Aolani gasped. She gushed, "That'sch amazing! You musht have a really good voische then. Shee, I could never be a shinger becaushe I talk weird, but I like mushic."

She wrinkled her nose. "Who wouldn't like a shong about the shea though? It probably wash really good; they jusht didn't realize it." Lani realized she was talking too much though, so she shut her mouth and grinned, blushing a little.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES