• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» let death rest here, tag ;; roland
Elzabeth Thilloway
 Posted: Mar 14 2011, 08:32 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
19-February 11 • 295 Moneys

Ali

Elza sat on her cot, staring at the ceiling. She was too bored to keep doing this, but too lazy to get up and find something to do. She contented herself by fantasizing about the sword she knew she could never afford. It would just be so cool to have one! Besides, what if she was reaped? Knowing how to use a sword would be such a good skill. Maybe she'd end up better than poor Lina. You really can't do much damage with a brick when you have the muscles of a baby penguin. Elza sighed. She really really wanted a sword.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Roland Cromwell
 Posted: Mar 14 2011, 08:51 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
n/a
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
12-February 11 • 155 Moneys

Jacob

Roland couldn't sleep. That was pretty par for the course. He moved around restlessly, wandering around the evac center without much direction. He had a long, gleaming sword strapped to his belt. It had been a present from his District's Mayor after he won. It was the only thing he had worth a damn, and he wasn't going to leave it to the mercy of the Flood, likely to be stolen by looters if it survived that. He passed slowly by Elza's bed. Maybe she should speak up.
[PM]
^
Elzabeth Thilloway
 Posted: Mar 14 2011, 10:16 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A

Ali

When Elza saw the victor's sword, her eyes went wide with awe. Immediately, she walked up and began a slew a questions, not pausing to let him answer or breathe. "Holy shit is that a sword?? That's so awesome! Where'd you get it?? Can I touch it? Can I stab something with it? That's sosososo cool!" She looked at him like he was some all powerful, sword-wielding god. He had a freaking sword!! And unlike the psycho from District One, he wasn't trying to decapitate her with it! This was so cool!!!

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Roland Cromwell
 Posted: Mar 15 2011, 07:32 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
n/a
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A

Jacob

Roland looked down at the tiny, mousey girl who wanted to touch his sword. He grunted at her, then decided that words might be necessary. Stupid words and their ability to express ideas. He squatted down to look her in the eye.

"It's not a toy. If you're going to touch it, you have to learn to work it right. It's gonna be hard."
[PM]
^
Elzabeth Thilloway
 Posted: Mar 15 2011, 08:25 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A

Ali

"Oh," she said simply. She knew swords weren't toys, obviously, but she didn't know there were actual skills. What more would it be than swinging it around? Elza desperately wanted to know. She looked at Roland, eyes wide. "Can you show me? Pleeeaaaase??" she begged. If she learned how to use a sword, maybe then she'd be allowed to get one. Swords were just so generally awesome in every way.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Roland Cromwell
 Posted: Mar 16 2011, 08:37 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
n/a
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A

Jacob

"I can." He stood back up to his full height. "Follow me. We need more room." Roland started walking with purpose. He made his way over to a small door in the corner. He twisted the handle slowly, careful not to make too much noise. He opened it and walked through, holding it for Elza. Inside was a long, thin stairwell. He started climbing.

And emerged on the roof. He slid the sword from it's strap, and handed it to Elza.

"Alright, how do you think the proper way to attack someone with it is?"
[PM]
^
Elzabeth Thilloway
 Posted: Mar 16 2011, 09:07 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A

Ali

If Elza's mood lifted anymore, she might just grow wings and fly away. She was actually getting swordsmanship lessons. And from a guy with an eyepatch! It didn't get any cooler than that. Evacuation centers were AWESOME! "Yay!" she squealed as he led her up a narrow flight of stairs. When they came out on the roof, she looked around in awe, not caring that she was being rained on. When she was handed the sword, Elza just stared at it for a second. It was heavier than she'd expected, but she didn't care. She was holding a real life sword!

When he asked her how to attack someone, Elza wasn't sure how to answer. She thought back to the countless Hunger Games she'd watched where someone had been offed with a sword, and her own experience with Genevieve's blade. Still, she couldn't come up with a good answer. "I don't know..." she finally admitted. "Swinging it?"

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Roland Cromwell
 Posted: Mar 16 2011, 09:49 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
n/a
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A

Jacob

"Right. But swing it how? Are you going to swing straight down, at an angle, straight across? Go ahead and show me how you think it should be done. Careful, though. Don't put anyone's eye out. Some of us don't have one to spare."

He smiled and crossed his arms across his chest, waiting to see what would become of this.
[PM]
^
Elzabeth Thilloway
 Posted: Mar 16 2011, 10:53 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A

Ali

Elza kept thinking. "Wouldn't it depend on where you're trying to attack? There was this one girl that kept trying to decapitate me, she was doing a lot of this," she said, raising the sword over her head, but quickly bringing her arms down. The sword was heavy! "But I don't think cutting off someone's head would be the best way for me, since I'm short. So I really don't know." She tried a few swings, none of which were probably right. Hopefully he'd show her the correct way soon.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Roland Cromwell
 Posted: Mar 19 2011, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
n/a
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A

Jacob

It was fun watching the gears in her head turn. He couldn't stop smiling.

"The girl who attacked you doesn't know how to properly wield a sword. Basically, what you have to remember is that you don't want to waste energy. Lifting a sword over your head doesn't add enough power to make it worth while, plus it leaves your body open, and takes precious time. In battle, a second can make the difference. Anyway, because of your size, you're going to want to swing it at a slight downwards angle. The best target you'll be able to aim for is the stomach, looking for disembowelment. If that's protected, aiming for a leg will work too."
[PM]
^
Elzabeth Thilloway
 Posted: Mar 20 2011, 11:43 AM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A

Ali

Elza smiled smugly when Roland told her Genevieve probably wasn't that good with a sword. Incompetent witch. Then, she turned her attention back to the sword. "Like this?" she asked before swinging it, hopefully in the way he described.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES