• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» What Immortal Hand or Eye, tag: Ryea
Natalia Vladimorvna
 Posted: Sep 27 2011, 09:58 AM
[QUOTE]
N/A
Female
5' 7"
115 LBS
N/A
22-September 11 • 290 Moneys

Ryea

Natalia glanced at her knife that was now in the tree, she'd have to remember to retrieve it before she left. She should really learn to control her impulses to through it better.

She shrugged, "It probably is, but I don't know. It might not be." She looked at her knife again, it'd been a good throw. She'd landed it in a one of the cracks that the bark made. "Or there might be parts of it that are but parts that aren't. I don't really know though. It makes for a good story though. And I believe that. I mean, just look around us, it's so big and mysterious and gorgeous, that you can't help but think there are unseen creatures out here."

--------------------
user posted image
[PM] [EMAIL]
^
Poe Gaertner
 Posted: Sep 28 2011, 12:40 PM
[QUOTE]
Student, Model
Female
5'3"
120 LBS
District Eight
5-September 11 • 310 Moneys

Gem

“That’s because there are unseen creatures out here,” Poe replied. She slipped her hand back into the brown berry bag. “At least, they’re unseen to most. The spirits of the ancients who lurk in the woods.”

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Natalia Vladimorvna
 Posted: Sep 29 2011, 05:54 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
Female
5' 7"
115 LBS
N/A

Ryea

Natalia thought about that for a moment, Poe was really just confirming what she already believed. It just kiind f annoyed her that you never saw them. "CAn you see them?"

She certainly never had, to her knowledge anyway.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM] [EMAIL]
^
Poe Gaertner
 Posted: Sep 29 2011, 09:56 PM
[QUOTE]
Student, Model
Female
5'3"
120 LBS
District Eight

Gem

Poe lifted her chin.

“Of course I have,” she replied sincerely. Not that she saw them much—more often than not, she just felt their presence. But that was more than most people, because the majority didn’t even know they were there and went about their lives completely oblivious to the fact. But not Poe. For one reason or another, when she was born, she was born with a gift. And she could feel the spirits in houses and sometimes she even knew what they wanted.

“I’ve seen plenty. And I feel more than that.”

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Natalia Vladimorvna
 Posted: Oct 3 2011, 11:44 AM
[QUOTE]
N/A
Female
5' 7"
115 LBS
N/A

Ryea

Natalia thought about what Poe had just said, mentally deciding whether or not Poe was crazy. She definitely wasn't though. She didn't believe crazy people. Her dad would disagree, but then again, a crazy person would disagree with a sane person.

Well, he wasn't really crazy, he was just too drunk most of the time to be considered sane, which counted as crazy, at least to her anyway.

"I'm assuming there's been places where you've seen or felt more spirits than with others. Do you think it'd be possible that I could maybe feel one?"

--------------------
user posted image
[PM] [EMAIL]
^
Poe Gaertner
 Posted: Oct 4 2011, 11:56 PM
[QUOTE]
Student, Model
Female
5'3"
120 LBS
District Eight

Gem

Withdrawing her hand from the bag, she rolled a black berry between her fingers.

“Not every place has spirits, if that’s what you mean,” she replied. Her mind immediately travelled back to her house where the staircase brought a particularly strong spirit. And just a few steps away, the downstairs hallway had no spirits at all. In fact, most places did not have spirits, and that’s what made the places that did special. Poe tossed her hair over her shoulder with a quick flick of her head. “And I highly doubt that you can see or feel them. Most people can’t, not even my siblings. It’s like when you’re walking down a dark hall and you feel like you’re being watched, but there’s no one there—that’s what you can feel. But I can feel their presence. Their life and their death.”

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Natalia Vladimorvna
 Posted: Oct 8 2011, 09:20 AM
[QUOTE]
N/A
Female
5' 7"
115 LBS
N/A

Ryea

Natalia thought about that for a moment. That made sense and defintely made all the stories from the mines seem like urban legends. Just that nothing more. Although, if Poe was one of the only ones who could she'd be the only one who could tell for sure. But she didn't quite want to ask, yet she did. "So, from what you're saying basically all of the stories from the mines concerning ghosts and spirits are nothing more than that, stories. And if there was spirits in the mine you'd be one of the only ones who'd be able to tell."

Let Poe conclude what she wanted from that, she wasn't going to ask outright.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM] [EMAIL]
^
Poe Gaertner
 Posted: Oct 8 2011, 10:58 PM
[QUOTE]
Student, Model
Female
5'3"
120 LBS
District Eight

Gem

Was this a trap or a test? Poe didn’t want to be set up and tried to be proved wrong. It was a waste of her time. No matter what anyone said, she had an ability—a sixth sense, if you will—and no one’s skepticism would change that. Over the years, she’d heard all sorts of things about her ability, some positive and some negative and some just confused. The only way to get people to understand it and not fear it was to educate them about it. If they didn’t believe, that was their deal and not hers.

“Maybe I’d be able to tell, but sometimes they don’t want themselves to be known,” Poe replied with a shrug. If spirits were predictable, they wouldn’t be so interesting to try to understand. Some of them appeared in the same places at the same time every day of the year; others were merely fleeting moments in time that may never be repeated again. One day, Poe wanted to make contact with one—true contact—and learn more about the spirit world.

She continued, “There may be some in those mines, but I bet most are just stories. It’d be hard to tell even if they were real unless they wanted themselves to be known or some other activity forced them into the human realm. Why?”

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Natalia Vladimorvna
 Posted: Oct 13 2011, 08:32 AM
[QUOTE]
N/A
Female
5' 7"
115 LBS
N/A

Ryea

Natalia listened as Poe explained things. All of it made sense, but still, she'd like to know for sure. But if Poe didn't want to, her didn't think her taking her to the mines would mean she'd know for sure, she'd just leave it at that. "I was just wondering. I mean, it'd be kind of nice to know for sure. But it sounds like that'd be kind of hard to do, mostly because to me it seems like what you're saying is that even if I took you to the mines and they're actually is some in there, if they don't want to be known or something like that you won't be able to tell. Which makes sense, and I never thought about that."

--------------------
user posted image
[PM] [EMAIL]
^
Poe Gaertner
 Posted: Oct 13 2011, 10:32 AM
[QUOTE]
Student, Model
Female
5'3"
120 LBS
District Eight

Gem

Poe shook her head.

“Nah, something else could knock the spirit into the human realm even if it doesn’t want to be. Most of them don’t really realize when there are humans around anyhow,” she said. “It’s like there’s another world full of spirits or something and sometimes they cross over. Anyway, I’m going to see those who dwell in the woods.”

She raised her hand from the berry bag and smeared the black juice of a berry across her cheeks, slightly higher than the juice from the red berries.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES