• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» But, Honestly, tag;; Claire
Cormac Krause
 Posted: Mar 18 2011, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
13-March 11 • 45 Moneys

Anne

Cormac was getting incredibly claustrophobic. All these people in one building, sleeping, showering, eating...he felt like the walls were pressing in on him. And not slowly but surely, either. Right away and rapidly. Even his family, who he loved dearly, he couldn't be around all the time, in such close quarters.

It was damp and gloomy out here, but full of fresh air. Just what the doctor ordered. He'd packed a book in a hurry, an old book of his dad's, dog-eared and the binding practically falling apart. Maybe that had been a bad call; he could lose it here, and anything from his deceased father was priceless. But still, it provided something to do.

He sat against the base of a tree, bracing his back against the bark, and cracked the book open. Peaceful, until someone stepped on his free hand that was resting on the ground. "Hey, ow," he said, snatching his hand back with a little chuckle at his own stupidity. His body was well shielded by the tree if you were facing it dead-on, but he'd parked his hand just outside its safety, asking for this sort of thing.

((OOC: sorry it's crap, on my way out))
[PM]
^
Claire Gryffen
 Posted: Mar 18 2011, 06:10 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
25-February 11 • 315 Moneys

Fading

The engine was fixed....sort of. Claire knew what was wrong with it (there was a hole in one of the cylinders), but she couldn't patch it here. How she longed to be back in District Twelve, even if the living conditions were a bit sub-par. She didn't like all these people in one place, and she didn't like not having stuff to fix (or being able to fix that engine). Rain was her enemy.

The rain had stopped, but the clouds still hung gloomily overhead. She took the time to go outside not because she preferred nature over anything else, but because she preferred nature over the crowd of people. She only hoped that someone wouldn't want to steal a broken engine.

Lost in thought, she stepped on someone's hand. When he exclaimed in pain, Claire jumped back as if she too felt hurt. She blinked twice before saying, "I'm sorry. I'm--I'm sorry. I didn't mean too. It's just...I was thinking about things and I stepped on your hand. I mean, you know that, right?" She was completely exasperated, unable to deal with even the slightest social awkwardness.
[PM]
^
Cormac Krause
 Posted: Mar 19 2011, 06:34 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
13-March 11 • 45 Moneys

Anne

Well, at least it wasn't a big foot from a heavy person on his hand, it could be much worse. He rubbed it with his hand that hadn't just been stepped on, getting to his feet. Carefully, he tucked the book against his chest, the cover side against him. He didn't want to drop it, and he didn't really want to show it off much, either. Odd, to feel protective over something so ordinary, he knew that.

"I know that, don't worry about it," he assured her. "My fault, anyway." Which was maybe not true, but if he didn't want his hands getting stepped on he could probably keep them on his lap, or something, right? He didn't want her feeling bad for a couple seconds of discomfort, now long gone.

She looked vaguely familiar, though. "Do we have classes together?" he asked politely. With so many here from so many districts, he couldn't be sure, but...hers seemed like one of those faces that he'd seen many times.
[PM]
^
Claire Gryffen
 Posted: Mar 20 2011, 12:14 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A

Fading

Don't worry about it. Claire couldn't help but get stressed out. She wished she was back at her cot, even if there was nothing to do. At least then she could go over all the possible problems encountered in a malfunctioning computer. She could list them alphabetically, and it would calm her. But not here, outside, after she had just stepped on somebody's hand.

"Do we have classes together?" For the first time, she looked up at his face. He was extremely tall compared to her. And she immediately recognized him. She flashed a nervous smile and said, "Yeah. I think...I don't remember which ones." Claire paid little attention in school.
[PM]
^
Cormac Krause
 Posted: Mar 22 2011, 07:41 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
13-March 11 • 45 Moneys

Anne

Then he was right! He could have sworn she had one of those faces he'd seen around school, around the district. He'd probably smiled and nodded at her several times - he was good for a friendly look and head-bob to anyone he had classes with when he saw them around the markets or what have you - but it was a struggle to immediately place her.

"Math, I think," he offered. There were others, but he supposed she sat behind him last year. He was fairly studious, just because it was a productive way to take up his time; he wasn't fooling himself into thinking he could do much, if anything, useful with it.

"I'm Cormac," he hastened to add, momentarily forgetting his manners.
[PM]
^
Claire Gryffen
 Posted: Mar 23 2011, 07:14 AM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A

Fading

She remembered him; he had a memorable smile. Claire wasn't that great at smiling, so she always remembered when she saw a good one. Sometimes, she'd practice in her grubby mirror at home, trying to smile right. It never worked; she didn't have to smile when she fixed engines, so she hadn't developed the ability. Any smiles she tried just looked awkward and fake.

Cormac. Claire gave an awkward smile and said, "Claire Gryffen." Normal etiquette would require her to offer a hand to shake, but she knew how scarred and ugly her hands were, so she hid them behind her back, grasping them together tightly. "You have a window seat in that class. I don't. I love window seats." She glanced down. "Not that I want your seat. I was...just noticing." Oh God. She didn't want to make him feel like she wanted his seat or something.
[PM]
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES