• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» rain's voice, [tag: lepto]
Voxe Licent
 Posted: Mar 11 2011, 09:36 AM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
5-March 11 • 0 Moneys

Fading

Voxe had foreseen the rain, but not the torrent. She hadn't seen the streets filling with water, and the evacuation. The fact that she didn't see it scared her, and she had taken to sitting in the recreation room instead of out in the taunting rain, the rain whose strength she had failed to predict.

So she concentrated her remaining energies on foreseeing everything that would happen in this room in the next moments. She wanted to be right, and couldn't stand being wrong, being out of the know. So she sat down on the couch and thought long and hard, eyes staring into all corners of the room as if she imagined some surprise would leap out at her.

That's when she saw her. And she saw something else too. Blood. But whose was it? Voxe nearly startled out of her seat. The vision scared her. Of course this girl was a career. She was training, running. She had been for the past half hour. But this vision struck Voxe so violently that she had to close her eyes.

She saw blood, so she stood to leave. Unfortunately, her path to the door involved walking right by the blood girl. She stood, looking undecided, all the while staring at the girl and trying to hide her feeling of horror.

Voxe wondered if the blood was her own or that of the girl.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Leptospirosis Alberich
 Posted: Mar 11 2011, 11:00 AM
[QUOTE]
N/A
n/a
N/A
N/A LBS
n/a
27-February 11 • 5 Moneys

Gem

Lepto hated this place, but she had to make do with what she could. Fortunately she found that they had jump ropes, and only the stupidest people got in the way when she was flinging around a piece of leather that was effectively a whip. The material was extra incentive to Lepto to jump higher and move faster or else her calves would feel the sting of her misses. But before she could even begin to jump, she noticed a girl staring at her.

Great, what the hell was this about? Lepto didn't know the girl, nor did she think she was a resident of District Two.

"You need something?" she asked, though her voice didn't imply that she was readily willing to help. Might as well figure out what the girl was staring at; she better not want Lepto's jump rope.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Voxe Licent
 Posted: Mar 11 2011, 02:51 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
5-March 11 • 0 Moneys

Fading

She was picking up a jump rope now, but in Voxe's eye, it looked like a weapon. The sense of impending doom in her chest only grew heavier and more foreboding. She couldn't stop herself from staring, from trying to look into her eyes and see everything. Whose blood is spilled around her?

Finally, the girl turned and looked at her. Voxe saw it in her eyes. Death. Blood of too many people to distinguish. It hurt Voxe and she quickly averted her gaze. But the girl didn't stop talking to her. "You need something?" Not a friendly voice. She could see this girl killing.

Voxe looked up, but didn't again look into her eyes. She wondered what she should say. The most obvious thing came to her lips. "You're a Career." Not a question, not even a hint of doubt in her mind. The blood confirmed it. Was it a premonition or a vision of the past?

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Leptospirosis Alberich
 Posted: Mar 11 2011, 11:41 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
n/a
N/A
N/A LBS
n/a

Gem

"Yeah," said Lepto. Obviously. No one else had the sense to train in the evacuation centre, and it was Lepto's dedication which would bring her sweet victory in the arena. She would emerge the winner after years of training, and then everything would be perfect. Of course, some people didn't get this, and Lepto judged by the other girl's clothing that she was from a lower district. Pretty damned low, and not really worth talking to. But Lepto didn't really consider herself a mean person, and she didn't automatically disregard people based upon district.

"Your point?"

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Voxe Licent
 Posted: Mar 12 2011, 12:18 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
5-March 11 • 0 Moneys

Fading

"Yeah," the girl replied, and Voxe was momentarily happy that she was right. But the pleasant feeling faded quickly, because Careers scared her. Voxe had visions of her own death all the time; none of them were very clear, but she could feel the pain, a burning sensation, then darkness, darker even than a moonless night. She didn't like the thought of her death (it scared her to no end), so this Career scared her. Because death scared her, and Careers were to her the living impersonations of the soul reapers.

"Your point?" Voxe blinked, and glanced up at the girl. She avoided contact with her eyes. Instead, she closed her eyes. Scared to see more, but wanting to know who this girl would kill. She took in a deep breath, and her eyes flared open. "You will like killing; you will kill a lot of people." That's what she saw. The blood everywhere. But was there something more? Voxe's visions were never clear, and it irritated her to say she didn't know all.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Leptospirosis Alberich
 Posted: Mar 12 2011, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
n/a
N/A
N/A LBS
n/a

Gem

"What the hell?" Lepto said, slightly taken aback by the girl's response. Yeah, so? Careers killed people. That was how the Hunger Games worked. Hell, any victor killed people, or she'd be shamed upon returning home. It was just a fact of life, and that was that.

"You get that out of a fortune cookie or something?"

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Voxe Licent
 Posted: Mar 12 2011, 03:29 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
5-March 11 • 0 Moneys

Fading

"What the hell?" Voxe winced. She didn't like it when people didn't trust her, didn't believe her, or thought she was crazy. She couldn't help what she saw, and she saw the blood. She could even smell it. "You get that out of a fortune cookie or something?" Voxe felt an anger flare up inside her, but she quickly quelled it. It's not a good idea to get on the bad side of a Career, she reasoned.

So instead she replied, "No. No, I didn't. I--just--saw it."

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Leptospirosis Alberich
 Posted: Mar 12 2011, 08:43 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
n/a
N/A
N/A LBS
n/a

Gem

"Right, well, come back to me when you can tell me something I don't know," she said with an eye roll. She positioned the jump rope with a handle in each hand, and stepped over the rope so that the leather strip lay on the floor behind her. "I'm going to win the Games, that's obvious enough. Now tell me what the arena's going to be, and how long the Games will last."

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Voxe Licent
 Posted: Mar 13 2011, 01:02 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
5-March 11 • 0 Moneys

Fading

"Right, well, come back to me when you can tell me something I don't know." Voxe blinked, and she suddenly felt another vision coming on. Something she doesn't know. It triggered a strange sequence of events in her head, flashing by so fast that she couldn't tell the details. All she saw at the end was...

"I'm going to win the Games, that's obvious enough. Now tell me what the arena's going to be, and how long the Games will last."

But...but was she? Voxe could see it. She could see what would become of this girl after she had done her killing. She wanted to suppress the words as they came to her lips, but she couldn't. She couldn't keep from speaking it out.

She blurted, "You're not going to win." Immediately after she said it, she regretted it. But you can't hide truth.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Leptospirosis Alberich
 Posted: Mar 13 2011, 11:34 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
n/a
N/A
N/A LBS
n/a

Gem

The nerve! Lepto sneered at the girl and her ignorance.

"Yes, I am," she replied coldly. "District Two will be victorious this year, and I'm going to lead them to that victory. I don't know who you are or what pathetic district you come from, but you clearly don't know anything about the Games."

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Voxe Licent
 Posted: Mar 14 2011, 05:03 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
5-March 11 • 0 Moneys

Fading

Her face twisted into an ugly snarl, a snarl Voxe saw on her face as she died. It was as if two visions were playing in her eyes. On one level, the present; on the other, the future. It enthralled her, even though she knew her prophecy wasn't welcome. She watched the scene, as if it were a movie.

The other girl spoke with ice in her voice. Something about how she was going to win. But this girl wasn't a clairvoyant like Voxe. Voxe was special in her mind. "I don't know who you are or what pathetic district you come from, but you clearly don't know anything about the Games."

Voxe wanted to prove her wrong. She watched, and said in a monotone voice, as if she was reading a quote from a book: "A girl will kill you. Day Five. The ground where you die is not flat. And....and it's...cold. Blood mixes with water." Her words became less cohesive as she went on, but she didn't realize it. She shivered, as if she felt the cold herself, so alive this vision had become.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Leptospirosis Alberich
 Posted: Mar 22 2011, 05:07 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
n/a
N/A
N/A LBS
n/a

Gem

This girl knew nothing. Although she hadn't run across this particular tactic yet, Lepto knew that it was nothing more than an attempt to ambush her and make her uneasy in the arena. But Lepto had been training for this, and if there was one thing she was certain in life, it was that she not only could win, but she would win. This girl was a piece of lower-district garbage who wouldn't have any chance if she entered the arena. Sabotage attempts were not common, but they weren't unheard of, and Lepto would bet money that someone from District 2 put the girl up to this for an extra bite of food.

"Go back to the asylum where you belong," Lepto snapped. "Your 'visions' don't impress me." And make sure to thank whoever thought of this little trick; tell them to think of something better next time.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Voxe Licent
 Posted: Mar 22 2011, 05:10 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
5-March 11 • 0 Moneys

Fading

This girl was in denial. Asylum? But she was telling the truth. She wasn't crazy, was she? No. The visions were too real, too breathtaking to be the product of a drug-infused state. She knew what hallucinogens did to people, that's why she didn't take them. Her parents did, but not her. Never.

She felt rejected, yet again. She continued, though with weaker passion, "Everyone dies eventually. My death...is soon." She looked away, suddenly feeling uncomfortable. Of course she was going to die. Why did she feel like it would be murder? That she would be murdered?

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Leptospirosis Alberich
 Posted: Mar 22 2011, 05:12 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
n/a
N/A
N/A LBS
n/a

Gem

Lepto rolled her eyes. "Yeah, if you keep spouting off that bullshit to people, I wouldn't be surprise," she said.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Voxe Licent
 Posted: Mar 23 2011, 07:19 AM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
5-March 11 • 0 Moneys

Fading

Voxe was sick and tired of people not believing her, especially this girl. Sure, she should be offended that she's going to die. But what she said wasn't meaningless chatter. She held forth truth.

Angry, she stepped forward. "You're so jaded and stuck-up that it'll be a simple thing that kills you. You will be blind to it because of your conceit." Her eyes glittered coldly. "So great is your blindness, you won't realize when people betray you. When people stab you in your sleep." She was nonsensical.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES