• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» into the woods: part two (lina vs. shasperi)
Lina Thilloway
 Posted: Feb 18 2011, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
2-January 11 • 315 Moneys

Ali

"You can't just leave me," Lina said, a bit pathetically. An idea came into her head. She stood up and shrugged off the tarp. "If you want to leave... you have to fight me first." She picked up the tail of her brick and wiped away the tears forming in her eyes. Can't have blurry vision when you're out to kill your best friend. "Neither of us would be happy knowing we might eventually have to kill the other one. Let's get it out of the way." Lina straightened up a little bit, knowing full well that everyone in Panem was probably watching her.

LINA'S SCORE
Health: 65/65
Items:
-- Loaf of Bread (1/2 eaten, very stale)
-- Paper clips
-- Bag of dried fruit
-- Parachute
Weapon(s):
-- The Brick of Doom, which can now be swung!
Notes: Sorry this is short/not violent. I wanted to get the thread started.

--------------------
user posted image

As Lina, I posted 8,112 words of in character posts.

The Gender Genie has declared her female.
Female Score: 15091
Male Score: 10236
[PM]
^
Shasperi Braunfels
 Posted: Feb 18 2011, 10:54 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
20-December 10 • 365 Moneys

Marmacet

Shasperi stopped in his tracks. "...What?" he whispered, slowly turning around. "No, Lina...you don't understand..." Shasperi started off, but cut himself off. His father was watching this. His mother was watching this. His clients, when he was just an common babysitter, were watching this. The children he had babysat were watching this. Lina was here. Panem was watching. With all those eyes locked on him, Shasperi couldn't say his real intentions.

Why couldn't Lina understand...?

He sighed. "Lina...you're never going to see me agan after today. I promise you," Shasperi pleaded. "Just...don't follow me, alright?"

SHASPERI SCORE

Health: 90/90
Items:
    Gave everything to Lina, except for his clothes and weapon.
Weapon: Knife
Short Description: I think we're supposed to start out nonviolent anyway. You can be violent now, though! :3

--------------------
Hand-in-hand, the trio walked into the forest, together forever.
[PM]
^
Lina Thilloway
 Posted: Feb 18 2011, 11:10 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A

Ali

"I don't care." She said simply. "I know I'll never see you again." Internally, she was desperately trying not to burst out crying, but her face was a blank, emotionless wall. "Are you doing to fight me, or are you going to stand there?" Please just fight me. End this. Get me out of this arena, she mentally begged. For a split second, she gave him a look that conveyed her thoughts, hoping he'd understand. "You can't leave!" she said, more forcefully. "You can't leave me alone."

After a moment, Lina tightened her grip on the tail of her brick, bit her lip, and swung.

Lina does 13 damage to Shasperi's arm.

LINA'S SCORE
Health: 65/65
Items:
Does it matter?
Weapon(s):
-- The Swinging Brick of Doom
Notes: And the violence begins.

This post has been edited by Lina Thilloway: Feb 18 2011, 11:30 PM

--------------------
user posted image

[PM]
^
Shasperi Braunfels
 Posted: Feb 18 2011, 11:41 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A

Marmacet

Shasperi got it clear what Lina wanted. She wanted out, just as much as he did. Shasperi's shoulders slumped He didn't want to kill his best friend! He just wanted...

Why couldn't Lina just leave him alone? Why couldn't she just let him take her one step closer to home?

The brick collided with his arm, and he knew he had no choice. "Lina!" he squealed in pain, paused, then sputtered. "I guess you didn't need those knife throwing lessons in the first place, huh?" Shasperi asked, taking a deep breath and wiping his eye, which was starting to form a tear.

How he missed that day. That day where he was still somewhat light-hearted, where he met Mira and Lina. Now, at this point in Shasperi's and Lina's life, it was only a bitter-sweet memory. He ached whenever he thought about it, and now Shasperi wished that he hadn't met them, so they wouldn't have to go through this shit together, but Shasperi was also glad that he had discovered Mira and Lina.

Taking a deep breath, Shasperi lunged at Lina.

11 damage to shoulder.

Shasperi took a step back, ripping the knife out of Lina. "Second thoughts?" he asked, desperate.

SHASPERI SCORE

Health: 77/90
Items:
Short Description: Sorry it took me so long!

--------------------
[PM]
^
Lina Thilloway
 Posted: Feb 18 2011, 11:52 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A

Ali

"They might have come in handy if I actually had a knife." She glanced at the knife Shasperi carried, sharp and shiny. She noticed immediately when he lunged at her, but didn't move out of the way. She inhaled sharply when the knife entered her shoulder, she refused to let the tears welling up in her eyes fall. "Not a chance." Taking advantage of his close proximity, Lina ignored the string and just grabbed the brick with her non-injured arm and smashed it into Shasperi's head.

12 damage to jaw.

LINA'S SCORE
Health: 54/65
Items:
It doesn't matter.
Weapon(s):
Notes: Because 12 damage to his skull would probably knock him out.

--------------------
user posted image

[PM]
^
Shasperi Braunfels
 Posted: Feb 19 2011, 12:53 AM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A

Marmacet

Shasperi recoiled back as the brick smashed against his jaw, and wouldn’t be surprised if it was broken. Shasperi stared at Lina, touching the newly formed bruise at his mouth, shocked. "God, Lina. That hurt," he muttered.

It was more like the betrayal that hurt then the jaw. How could she do that!? Shasperi squeezed his eyes tight for a moment, and then snapped them open. "Sorry, Lina!" he whispered, and slashed with his knife

Damage 20 to chest

Blood appeared in the gash on Lina's chest that he had created, but she remained breathing. Shasperi took a step back. Don't...go over-board, he reminded himself.

SHASPERI SCORE

Health: 65/90
Items:
Short Description: If I got any math wrong, just tell me in the cbox, Gem.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Lina Thilloway
 Posted: Feb 19 2011, 08:13 AM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A

Ali

Yeah it hurt, I hit you in the face with a brick. Did you expect it to feel good? she thought, feeling a bit mean as the thought came into her head. Then, the knife went slicing through her chest, and Lina did her absolute best not to scream. Instead, the noise she made sounded more than a choked cry. She fell to her knees looked down at the damage. Even if Shasperi died first (unlikely), she would probably bleed to death before the day was up. Lina Thilloway was not going to spend another night in the arena. You happy now Gamemakers? Entertained? I sure hope so. She took a deep breath, stood up, and with all her quickly-fading strength, swung the brick at Shasperi once more. "Smile," she muttered. "You're on candid camera."

9 damage to ribs

LINA'S SCORE
Health: 34/65
Items:
It doesn't matter.
Weapon(s):
Notes: Shaspi how could you? D:

This post has been edited by Lina Thilloway: Feb 19 2011, 08:14 AM

--------------------
user posted image

[PM]
^
Shasperi Braunfels
 Posted: Feb 19 2011, 11:27 AM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A

Marmacet

Shasperi stared at Lina with wide eyes. "Please," he whispered, "just go away, Lina..."

"Smile," she muttered. "You're on candid camera."

He felt like he had been stabbed in the heart. What the hell was that supposed to mean!? All Shasperi knew was that it wasn't meant to be a compliment: most things people mutter aren't supposed to be a compliment. The brick hit his ribs, knocking the wind out of him. He gulped down the air as fast as he could, before he attacked again.

18 damage to face.

A scar suddenly appeared on Lina's face, starting at the temple, crossing through the bridge of her nose, and ending at the cheek. It was a horrible sight to see, especially on his best friend, especially that it was caused by him and his knife.

"Sorry, Lina," he whispered.

SHASPERI SCORE

Health: 56/90
Items:
Short Description: Shasperi, what the hell is wrong with you!? And for that matter, what's up with Lina?

This post has been edited by Shasperi Braunfels: Feb 19 2011, 11:28 AM

--------------------
[PM]
^
Lina Thilloway
 Posted: Feb 19 2011, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A

Ali

It wasn't until she saw and felt blood drip into her eyes that Lina finally allowed herself to cry. "Don't apologize," she whispered. "It's not your fault." She mustered up all her effort and swung the brick...

...and missed. The momentum of the swing combined with extreme blood loss caused her to fall over. She lay there, every beat of her heart bringing her closer to death. One good hit by Shasperi and she'd probably be dead. Good. She was in so much pain, it would be sweet relief. "Fuck the Capitol. The Capitol and everyone in it."

LINA'S SCORE
Health: 16/65
Items:
It doesn't matter.
Weapon(s):
Notes: Bye Lina. D:

--------------------
user posted image

[PM]
^
Shasperi Braunfels
 Posted: Feb 19 2011, 12:59 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A

Marmacet

Lina was wrong. He didn't have to fight her back, he could just stand there, let her go at him, but instead he fought back. And what for? Pity, for a girl who was just as trapped as he was.

She swung the brick at him, and missed. She toppled over, and Shasperi hurried over to Lina's side. He kneeled beside her as she cursed the Capitol, and he nodded grimly. "May they rot in the hell they've put us in."

Shasperi knew what was must be done. He had to kill her, end her life quickly, before she died slowly from blood loss. Shasperi let out a shaky breath. His hand was quivering as he raised the knife, and shut his eyes tight. "I'm still sorry. So, so sorry, Lina."

The knife dove down.

13 damage to eye.

The knife went into her eye. Shasperi slowly opened his eyes, and moaned. Lina was still alive, barely. "I can't freakin' do it..." he whispered.

SHASPERI SCORE

Items:
Short Description: Shaspi missed.

This post has been edited by Shasperi Braunfels: Feb 19 2011, 01:26 PM

--------------------
[PM]
^
Lina Thilloway
 Posted: Feb 19 2011, 01:41 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A

Ali

When Lina saw Shasperi's knife about to come down on her, she closed her eyes and prepared herself to die. But instead of seeing a light or her life flash before her eyes, feeling like she was floating, or whatever else was supposed to happen when you die. Instead she just felt a stabbing pain in her eye socket and a gush of liquid as blood and whatever else made up a person's eyeball was released. She moaned in pain, unable to remain quiet any longer. As much as she wanted to stay quiet, there was only so much a person could take. She looked at Shasperi with her remaining eye, sat up, and wrapped her arms around him. Whose benefit the hug was for, she didn't know, but it felt good to be close to him, even he had just stabbed her multiple times.

LINA'S SCORE
Health: 3/65
Items:
It doesn't matter.
Weapon(s):
-- The Swinging Brick of Doom
Notes: This is so sweet/gory.

--------------------
user posted image

[PM]
^
Shasperi Braunfels
 Posted: Feb 19 2011, 01:54 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A

Marmacet

Shasperi cringed as Lina let out a moan. Oh, why did he have to miss?

Lina sat up, and hugged him. He hesitated, shocked, until he wrapped his arms around her, too. Tears sprang from his eyes, but Shasperi didn't sob or sniffle, he just cried in silence.

Why does this have to happen to us?

He took a deep breath, squeezing Lina tightly. Gripping the knife with both hands, Shasperi shoved into her back.

13 damage to back.

Shasperi pulled the knife out, and set Lina hastily on the cold ground. "Lina! Lina, NO!" he cried, grasping her hand. "LINA!" Shasperi didn't care if a career was near, all he cared about now was Lina. He continued to scream her name, until a cannon finally boomed. Shasperi shuddered, as his best friend went limp.

Oh, good Lord...what have I done?

SHASPERI SCORE

Items:
Short Description: Lina is dead. sad.gif

--------------------
[PM]
^
Lina Thilloway
 Posted: Feb 19 2011, 03:46 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A

Ali

Feeling the warm, comforting embrace of her ally, she was as content and comfortable as one can possibly be when they have huge gashes in their chest, face, and one eye. Though tears streamed down her face, her lips curled up in what could only be described as a smile. She felt the embrace tighten, and would’ve returned the squeeze if she had enough energy. She felt Shasperi move and saw the glint of light against the shiny blade of his knife. Once again she closed her good eye and prepared herself for the end. It would be welcome.

For a split second, Lina felt the sharp pain of a knife entering her body. It was two seconds of horrible pain, and for a moment, the girl worried Shasperi had failed to kill her again. But then it was all over. She felt light as a cloud, detached from the world. Distantly, she was aware of a canon firing and Shasperi screaming her name. “I’m alright,” she wanted to tell him. “I’m free.”

She’d done all right. Lina Thilloway, the thin little girl from District Eleven that no one expected to live past day one, lasting a full week into the arena, finally dying in the final eight. And she’d done it without killing anyone. She thought of her allies, Shasperi and Mira, who both had blood on their hands. She hoped they wouldn’t be judged for those deaths. They hadn’t been the ones doing the killing, not really. It was the Capitol. The filthy, inhuman, immoral Capitol. As Shasperi said, they would rot in the hell they’d forced everyone to live in. It didn’t matter if it took one or a hundred years, Lina knew that eventually the Capitol would fall, and when it did, it would fall hard.

Now that she was gone and Shasperi was sure to follow, Lina wondered who would be the victor. She tried to think of it as not being one of the careers. They were as bad as the Capitol, training to kill for what? A little glory? When you lived in District One, how much better could the Victor’s Village possibly be? The arena wasn’t worth the glory. She hoped that Uaithane kid won. The Callahan didn’t need any more heartbreak.

Thinking of them made her think of her own family. They had been watching her since the games began, and now they had been forced to watch her die. She could practically see the morbid scene in her living room. Her mother would be crying, her father would keep his trademarked cold, silent stare. Elza would probably remark that this was just a final proof that life is crap. Kaleigh would shield little Millie’s eyes. She wondered if they’d bring them her brick when they brought her body. For some strange reason, Lina really hoped that somehow, the brick would make its way to District Eleven.

She remembered that awful day in the square, when out of the thousands of other names, it was hers that was drawn out of the reaping ball. She’d been more annoyed about her stupid dress than scared of death. Saying goodbye in town hall had been so awkward. None of her family really knew what to say to her. With a smile, she recalled her Daisy, her friend since kindergarten, telling her that she’d be watching, so Lina needed to kick some ass and make her proud. She promised she’d try. Oh Daisy, I hope I didn’t let you down.

Suddenly, she felt a tap at her shoulder. Looking over she saw… Mira? Yes, it was definitely Mira, standing in a pool of light. The girl smiled slightly, and Lina stood up, out of her body, to embrace her fallen ally. “I missed you so much,” she said, once again feeling her eyes well up. Mira just smiled. Lina looked over at Shasperi, still crying over her bloody corpse, then to Mira. Knowing what Lina was saying, Mira nodded. Lina grabbed the hand of her ally, stepped into the pool of light, and waited for Shasperi to join them.

LINA'S SCORE
Health: 0/65
Items:
It doesn't matter.
Weapon(s):
-- The Swinging Brick of Doom, which she hopes will be given to her family
Notes: Linaaaaa D:

--------------------
user posted image

[PM]
^
Shasperi Braunfels
 Posted: Feb 19 2011, 04:29 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A

Marmacet

user posted image
Standing there alone the ship is waiting.
All systems are go. are you sure?
Control is not convinced
But the computer has the evidence
No need to abort.
The countdown starts

Shasperi stared at Lina's body. She looked...peaceful. Death must be a wonderful thing, to let a scarred, eyeless girl relax like that. The Capitol would somehow put a new eye on her corpse, make it seem like those scars on her chest and face never happened. That he had never given them to her. The same would happen to him, too, when he died; looked as if he had died naturally, shipped in a wood casket to District 2. He bet District 2 hated him, because hadn't joined the careers.

What was his father going through now? He had practically cheered when his son was reaped, but what was going through his mind as he watched Shasperi curse the Capitol, and thinking about ending his life? Stress, grief, disappointment. He had watched his brother go into the Games and die, now his son. What a shitty life Mr. Braunfels had.

And Shasperi's mother? Weeping, most likely. His friends? Clients? Babysittees? Shasperi wished he knew. He wished he could be with them, instead of in the arena.

He sighed. Just forget them, Shasperi told himself. There was no family or friends in the Games. Only injustice, murder, and betrayal. Sure, there was friendship, and some Games even had romance, but where did they end? The last day, where only one remained.

Would he have become the businessman he had wanted to be if it weren't for the Games? If Shasperi had not been reaped. He would have become the greatest babysitter company owner Panem had ever seen, but instead, he was a tribute, where his only occupation was killing and dying.

Shasperi lifted the knife that had killed three people: Paige, Serge, and now Lina. No, it wasn't the knife, it was Shasperi who ended their stay on the earth. Who was the one who tossed the weapon at Paige during the Bloodbath, to save Mira, who died anyway in the end? It was Shasperi. Who plunged it into Serge's heart on Day 3? Shasperi. Who shoved it into Lina's back on this awful, godforsaken day? Ding, ding, Shasperi. He was a killer, just like the other careers.

But wait...he wasn't a career. Shasperi trained to please his father, not because he wanted to. He hadn't joined the District 1s and Palette, but with Lina and Mira. Shasperi was no career; it didn't matter that he was from District 2, or had learned to toss a knife when he was young.

He put the knife down. All of Panem was watching this, watching him about to slit his own throat. It made Shasperi feel self-conscious. Must everything be aired twenty-four/seven? Including this? Shasperi sighed. It didn't matter. They didn't matter. Dying was the only thing that mattered now.

Without a second thought, Shasperi brought the knife to his throat, and the weapon across it.

Back at ground control
There is a problem.
"Go to rockets full"
Not responding.
"Hello Major Tom are you receiving?
Turn the thrusters on.
We´re standing by."
There´s no reply.

When Shasperi opened his eyes again, he was looking at Mira and Lina. He beamed at them, and cried, "You waited!"

Shasperi embraced them both, smiling wider then he ever had before. He stood between them, holding their hands, and started walking. Where, Shasperi didn't care, as long as he was with his two greatest friends in the world again.

They walked in silence for a moment, until Mira pointed to a small orb of light up ahead, which got closer every heart-beat, even when they stopped walking. "I wonder what that is," Shasperi piped up, cocking his head slightly.

But they didn't have to wait long, as some pearl gates stood open, waiting for them. "You're going to live it here. I say the first thing we do is throw paint at each other," Mira suggested with a wink.

Shasperi loved that idea.

Holding the girls hands tighter, Shasperi looked into the gate. A forest where it was always spring awaited them, a golden path cutting through it. "Wow," he whispered, awed.

Earth below us
Drifting falling.
Floating weightless
Calling home
Earth Below us
Drifting falling
Floating weightless
Calling coming
home.....

SHASPERI SCORE

Health: 0/90
Items:
    Doesn't matter now.
Short Description: Shasperi is dead. Song is "Major Tom" by Shiny Toy Guns.

This post has been edited by Shasperi Braunfels: Feb 19 2011, 05:57 PM

--------------------
[PM]
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES