• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» It's just a matter of time, Twist/Jimmy
Hallie Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Jan 21 2014, 09:49 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'5"
119 LBS
District Ten
9-June 12 • 425 Moneys

Mads

Hallie was in the kitchen getting herself and Bastien some vanilla wafer cookies. It was a usual treat she would sneak to her goat every so often. Of course she knew it wasn't the healthiest of things she could be giving him, but it was a nice treat for the both of them. And she had been feeling bad lately for not letting him come with her while training, and since it was winter she couldn't take him on walks as often to eat fresher grass because it was covered in snow.

But the thing on her mind causing her to get the cookies was something she just didn't have answers to. Of course, she knew the answers but it was more of a thing she wanted to ask about. It was odd for her to think that she had a parent she could ask things to, which wasn't odd having a parent but one she could talk to much easier.

"Twist?" she called out into the house, just to see if he was around and if not she figured she could look for him. It wasn't a big house, not really. And really she wanted to ask him things about going on a date, because that was a weird concept to her in general.

--------------------
user posted image
Ryea made set
Super awesome Secret Santa set <3 (x x)
A cool set... (x x
Bastien ;; Eli and Leo
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Twist Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Jan 23 2014, 08:23 PM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 73rd Games
Male
5"11
180 lbs. LBS
District Ten
27-December 11 • 0 Moneys

Jimmy

Twist had not been paying attention to the Games as much as some might have liked him to be when in the Capitol. He watched the mandatory things, however, and kept close attention because of the fact that they did have a boy who survived awhile. It was interesting. They did seem to do well in the past few years, or maybe that was just something he was noticing.

He did keep in touch with Sebastian too, offering advice on how to deal with getting sponsors and how to judge the best ways to spend what money was there.

The call of his name stirred him from his room upstairs, where he had been vaguely reading a book on building a green house. Sounds seemed to carry through the house heavily and loudly, so shouts were heard well. It sounded like that one was downstairs though. "Yeah?" He called down as he moved to the stairs and started to head down them, looking around for the source of the yell. Probably Hallie, he ventured. That was who his bet would be anyway.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Hallie Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Jan 25 2014, 07:01 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'5"
119 LBS
District Ten
9-June 12 • 425 Moneys

Mads

Hallie stood in the doorway to the kitchen with Bastien headbutting her calves. The Games weren't a big thing for her, she preferred to try to not watch it while she could. Seb had gone this round to Mentor because Madd was Reaped.

"I just have something to ask you about, if you have time," Hallie answered when she heard him walking down the stairs. She ended up handing her cookie to Bastien who happily stopped headbutting her calves to eat the cookie instead.

--------------------
user posted image
Ryea made set
A cool set... (x x
Bastien ;; Eli and Leo
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Twist Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Jan 28 2014, 08:30 PM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 73rd Games
Male
5"11
180 lbs. LBS
District Ten

Jimmy

Twist stretched his arms and back as he moved towards the kitchen to see Hallie munching slowly away at what looked like those little vanilla wafers that she had come to enjoy. Well, now he knew what to buy for treats for her and the goat while shopping.

"Sure. I always have time." This was true, generally. He didn't really do work unless it was on his own time - like with gardening or taking care of the pets. But he vaguely realized that he would find a way to put aside things for Hallie. Perhaps she was not his blood, but he had not taken her adoption lightly. She would have his help in the manner of a father as much as he could think to resemble, even if it was not that much.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Hallie Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Jan 30 2014, 01:02 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'5"
119 LBS
District Ten
9-June 12 • 425 Moneys

Mads

Hallie nodded some. She didn't know how to word what she wanted to ask, and really she wasn't sure how to word any of it. And she knew she'd have to end up telling him anyways, considering that she really couldn't keep a secret as to if she was dating someone or not.

"I, uh-" she paused. "I got asked out on a date, and I don't really know what to be expecting... and I thought talking to you would help." In truth, she probably did know what to expect, but not entirely sure. And she figured she'd might as well tell him ahead of time then right before she was suppose to meet Red. Hallie also figured that she could ask him what she should wear, because she had no clue on that either.

--------------------
user posted image
Ryea made set
A cool set... (x x
Bastien ;; Eli and Leo
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Twist Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Jan 30 2014, 05:59 PM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 73rd Games
Male
5"11
180 lbs. LBS
District Ten

Jimmy

Twist paused at the question and nodded. All right. This might be out of his depth. He hadn't exactly been on many dates - many honest dates - since he was much older than Sebastian. Simply speaking, he had wanted to be quiet about his sexuality for fear that it would be used against him, and even when he managed to find someone he liked enough... It was often just sex. He couldn't bring himself to truly get attached to anyone in an actual relationship. There was something painful about that.

But that didn't mean that he didn't have very human responses to certain things either. It just meant that his were a lot more differently addressed than a typical date. Or, at least, he hoped it was different than Hallie's typical definition of a date, at least.

"Well, I guess we should start with what you're wondering about most?" He asked curiously. He supposed it might be what to wear, but he would probably be able to help out more with what she could suggest doing. He hoped it was the latter. He wasn't sure how well he would be able to help with what to wear. His automatic preference of clothing was t-shirts and sweat pants or gym shorts, depending on the weather.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Hallie Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Feb 1 2014, 03:54 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'5"
119 LBS
District Ten
9-June 12 • 425 Moneys

Mads

Hallie shrugged some. In general she knew what she should expect and what she shouldn't but at the same time part of her wanted to be told what she knew already.

"I don't know. He's the son of a peacekeeper, and I know I shouldn't be getting into relationships because... You know, I could end up going to the Games and I shouldn't get as close to a lot of people because that's more damage I would be leaving behind and-" Hallie had to stop herself from going on more. Part of it was because she just didn't want to say all her fears.

Her fears of going and leaving behind more people hurt from her death than she could manage. Or her actually some how winning and putting the people she did love into even more danger. Less damage she could do was what she wanted, but at the same time she really did like Red and that part of her didn't care about the danger of the Games.

--------------------
user posted image
Ryea made set
A cool set... (x x
Bastien ;; Eli and Leo
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Twist Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Feb 1 2014, 09:32 PM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 73rd Games
Male
5"11
180 lbs. LBS
District Ten

Jimmy

Twist wished she had asked about what to wear instead.

He understood her sentiment. He wouldn't have gotten close to anyone if he had as much weighing against him that would suggest his own Reaping all those years ago, especially in a romantic or sexual sense.

Such binds were hard to recover from at such an age, sometimes. Or else they were extremely easy. Either way, it was a bit of a crap shoot.

"As far as being the son of a Peacekeeper, I can't be critical of this. I would advise... caution around him, until you can trust him more, but that shouldn't be a reason to drop him." He had married a Peacekeeper. Saying anything other than this would be, at best, hypocritical.

"But as far as being afraid of leaving less damage behind... You are a teenager. You should take this opportunity to live while you can and enjoy yourself." He paused before carefully venturing. "If you like, you can always confide these fears of probably being Reaped to him before you become too close. Ask him if that's all right with him - if he can deal with it if you end up on that stage one day." He shrugged. "Maybe you mind hurting others, but maybe he doesn't care if he is hurt in the process of this."

--------------------
[PM]
^
Hallie Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Feb 6 2014, 07:46 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'5"
119 LBS
District Ten
9-June 12 • 425 Moneys

Mads

Hallie nodded some. She knew that being the son of a Peacekeeper really meant nothing, or it shouldn't. And she knew that since she was technically the daughter of a Victor, that really meant nothing. But it did. It meant she had a higher standard of a chance of going, along with being connected in some form to Seb, Orsino, and now Madd. She had too many connections to people going to the Games, and it was only a matter of time for her she figured.

"I understand that I'm a teenager..." she said. It was that fact that she was almost worried about dating. Because she was a teenager, it could either be a happy or sad ending for everyone. She would either go to the Games or not. That was what was going to happen, really.

But he was right, at least. She'd have to talk to Red about the fact that it wasn't really if but when for her going to the Games. "Do you think there's a chance that it'd be risking him going to? I just don't want to risk going with him... or anyone I know, really." she added on.

This post has been edited by Isali Usia Amadahy: Feb 6 2014, 07:47 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Ryea made set
A cool set... (x x
Bastien ;; Eli and Leo
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Twist Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Feb 6 2014, 08:20 PM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 73rd Games
Male
5"11
180 lbs. LBS
District Ten

Jimmy

Twist considered her carefully and his brow furrowed, some clear doubt entering his expression as he considered this possibility.

"I mean, I'm not going to lie. If you can think of it, it can happen." He frowned and shook his head slowly, as if that would help process this idea better. "But at the same time, I doubt it would happen. You or him, maybe. But both of you at the same time?"

"I would consider it extremely unlikely, really." Something that could happen, if they wanted to rig it enough to hurt them - all of them. But definitely not something he would bet all of his money on either.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Hallie Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Feb 7 2014, 11:01 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'5"
119 LBS
District Ten
9-June 12 • 425 Moneys

Mads

Hallie held her breath some. Of course, she knew he was right. Anything was possible with the Games. If you thought of it, the Capitol probably has already planned it some how. She knew that it was only a matter of time before they thought it was a good time to send her - so she had to be ready.

"I just don't like the idea of going with someone I know," she said. "It could be rare but it's still possible..." Rigged, maybe. But the Capitol would probably do it if they thought they'd get a good show out of it. They'd probably do it because they'd want to see the pain it'd cause for everyone.

--------------------
user posted image
Ryea made set
A cool set... (x x
Bastien ;; Eli and Leo
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Twist Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Feb 7 2014, 03:42 PM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 73rd Games
Male
5"11
180 lbs. LBS
District Ten

Jimmy

Twist considered it carefully. "I mean, they do siblings together... fairly often, I've noticed, in more recent years. But any time I've seen any kind of... romantic pair in the Games, especially if there are a lot in any particular Games, Capitolites start whining that they would prefer to see more fighting than kissing."

He admitted this, as if carefully assessing the more recent Games retrospectively. "There's always the option of being quiet about it. Not even telling me his name - or Sebastian." This seemed counterproductive. Perhaps he wasn't her actual father, but he would want to meet the boy that she was having enough affection for to have this kind of talk with him. This was enough to get his interest, but not in a bad way. "But he'd have to play along too." He'd have to be pretty smart to play along, really, but he didn't see Hallie interested in someone who didn't at least know how to use their brain.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Hallie Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Feb 7 2014, 05:00 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'5"
119 LBS
District Ten
9-June 12 • 425 Moneys

Mads

She had noticed the sibling pairs quite often, especially within the last Quell alone. But romantic pairs seemed to be growing some also. Maybe it was just the fact that it was easier for people to get on the Capitol's bad side it seemed, or maybe the Capitol just rigged these things because they liked to see it. But Twist was right, they did like fighting more than kissing.

"Do you really think that'd help, though?" she asked. She was sure that the Capitol would find out even if Twist and Seb didn't know his name. If anything, if they were really planning on sending Hallie, she wouldn't doubt that they'd already know. But the times Hallie did talk to him was in places that were technically illegal, so maybe the Capitol didn't know about Red as far as she hoped.

--------------------
user posted image
Ryea made set
A cool set... (x x
Bastien ;; Eli and Leo
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Twist Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Feb 7 2014, 05:14 PM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 73rd Games
Male
5"11
180 lbs. LBS
District Ten

Jimmy

Twist considered her carefully as she spoke and then considered her.

"If they want to hurt you - to hurt the family - they will do what they want. And it could include reaping both of you, whomever this boy is, really." But he faltered. "But if they think you are just friends, then... What else could you be? They might still do it, but it wouldn't be nearly as interesting for them, really." Friends happened too - but they were rarer in the context of the Games. Much rarer. Sometimes he was only suspicious of the Capitol reaping his friend and himself because many had mistaken them for a couple.

It seemed that when the Capitol rigged these things, it was an all or nothing kind of guessing game.

"I think it could work, if you are both willing to put that kind of effort in." It would be hard for them. It would be hard on any relationship - but almost especially on a young one with two teenagers. But he had done similarly hidden relationships in his youth, when he had been too scared of the idea of his mother knowing his sexuality. It could certainly be done.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Hallie Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Feb 8 2014, 03:40 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'5"
119 LBS
District Ten
9-June 12 • 425 Moneys

Mads

Hallie nodded some. She knew she was already doomed of going really, but Red still had a chance of not going. She knew that the chance of him being Reaped with her was a small chance, but it was still something she worried about. She didn't want to have to go with someone she knew. She didn't want to have to decide between herself and someone she cared about, not during the Games at least.

"I feel so conflicted about it," she admitted. "I want to be able to be a normal teenager and date and all of that. But at the same time there's the fact that I have such a high chance of going to the Games that I should train and not get close to people because they could make it worse for everyone..."

But she knew she'd go on that date. The question for her was to if she'd do more than go on the date after it. It might matter for how the date goes, but it would also matter because she had to figure out what she would decide on.

--------------------
user posted image
Ryea made set
A cool set... (x x
Bastien ;; Eli and Leo
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES