• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» Stirred Up Snow, tag; hallie/mads
Red Corcoran
 Posted: Nov 29 2013, 09:53 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5"11
160 LBS
District Ten
12-October 13 • 0 Moneys

Jimmy

Red had decided, with little difficulty, that exploring the forest might be good for his health. It would get him out of the house - out of the stuffy library - it would just give him some fresh air to look forward too.

And, really, it was easier than going for a jog or anything else. He got so easily tired from such things that they were rarely worth his time. There was also the general problem that it got worse when it was cold. During spring or summer - even fall - he could get away with running for fresh air as long as he ate enough things with iron and protein in them beforehand. Now, though, the cold seemed to rip at his lungs, tearing into his throat in such a way that he usually half-expected to throw up blood at any point while running in the cold.

However, there was something odd that he ran into in the forest. The kicked up snow made him reach down and uncover the snow to find... a snare? It looked like one - like one of the ones that they occasionally showed on the television during the Games.
[PM]
^
Hallie Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Nov 29 2013, 01:00 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'5"
119 LBS
District Ten
9-June 12 • 425 Moneys

Mads

It had been a few days since Hallie had set her snares and checked them. With it being winter, she doubted she'd catch much. Snow covering her snares added to having to find them, though if she did catch something it'd be pulled up and away from the earth.

She would have brought a bow with her, but seeing her aim still wasn't the best and she'd probably just embarrass herself at this point in her skills, she didn't plan on staying out much longer than to check her snares. If she did catch anything she'd probably end up giving it away. So the most she brought with her was throwing knives. Maybe it was her being over cautious, but she didn't want to run the chance of running into mutts with being unprotected.

Walking through the forest to one of her first snares of half a dozen or so, she saw a figure. It was unusual for her to find people in the forest, not rare but unusual. She tried to set her snares up out of the way that she thought people usually were in. But the figure looked familiar, not Seb or Madd, but more like the boy that had gotten her out of trouble with the peacekeepers not too long ago.

"Well, look at that. I caught a boy," she said, smiling some.

--------------------
user posted image
Ryea made set
Super awesome Secret Santa set <3 (x x)
A cool set... (x x
Bastien ;; Eli and Leo
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Red Corcoran
 Posted: Nov 29 2013, 02:01 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5"11
160 LBS
District Ten
12-October 13 • 0 Moneys

Jimmy

Red turned to see the girl - brown hair. The Arcadia girl... or one of them, anyway, but, rather, the one that mattered a bit more to him because he knew her.

He grinned a little as he stood. "You know, you don't have to set out a snare to catch me. There are a lot easier ways to do it." The way he said it was cheeky - flirting back at her with a grin tugging at his lips. "I'm pretty sure you could save the snares for the animals, yeah?" He offered, a grin spread wide onto his lips as he spoke.

[PM]
^
Hallie Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Nov 29 2013, 03:15 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'5"
119 LBS
District Ten
9-June 12 • 425 Moneys

Mads

Hallie laughed some. "Oh, I'm sure there are." The past her would have shied away from talking to the son of a Peacekeeper. But the last few months have changed her and she was technically the daughter of a Victor now.

Maybe she was taking the live while you can attitude, but since she started training, things have changed for her. "See, that snare was for animals. If I had set one for you, I would have baited it with books or something."

--------------------
user posted image
Ryea made set
A cool set... (x x
Bastien ;; Eli and Leo
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Red Corcoran
 Posted: Nov 29 2013, 06:42 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5"11
160 LBS
District Ten
12-October 13 • 0 Moneys

Jimmy

Red nodded as she made the statement. "Well, you would have been a girl after my own heart, then." He never could resist books, after all, and he supposed she could guess as much given she did know where he worked. "Although you kind of already are."

He stopped for a moment, realizing he was being kind of forward with this. She was playing off of him, of course, so he couldn't feel all that guilty, really. "I'm guessing this explains why you like to borrow those things from my work, yeah?" He was being vague with his words, but he supposed she would know why. Although he supposed she was adopted into the family, she was smart enough to understand that there were some words that had to be replaced and unsaid. They probably had to have that talk already, he guessed.
[PM]
^
Hallie Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Nov 29 2013, 09:43 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'5"
119 LBS
District Ten
9-June 12 • 425 Moneys

Mads

She laughed some. "Yeah, but there are nice perks," she answered. She guessed easily that he could probably tell she was training. Even if she wasn't necessarily going to be as good with weapons as the Careers, she'd be able to survive some with what she'd read and practiced.

"I'm sure you can tell why," she shrugged some. Considering that there were many factors against her in way of going to the Games, it probably was obvious now.

--------------------
user posted image
Ryea made set
A cool set... (x x
Bastien ;; Eli and Leo
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Red Corcoran
 Posted: Nov 30 2013, 09:15 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5"11
160 LBS
District Ten
12-October 13 • 0 Moneys

Jimmy

So she was a Career of sorts... Or at least as much as someone could make them in Ten. It wasn't exactly like they were a district known for bringing people home particularly often, but that probably didn't really matter much in her case. No, she probably was here for different reasons than those who were in One - Two - Four. Her family already had enough glory and he didn't see her as stupid enough to believe that if she trained hard enough and volunteered then she could definitely win. This... this had to be for safety, didn't it?

"I don't envy you." He said carefully, watching her for her reaction. Sure, as soon as he turned eighteen, he would be forced to start training as a Peacekeeper and, after he turned nineteen, he would be one. He had his life planned out for him and the clock was ticking on exactly how much time of freedom he had left - how much time he could be running about at the library safely. It sucked to know his fate, but at least he had a fate where his life didn't end in such a gruesome and terrifying place as the Arena.
[PM]
^
Hallie Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Nov 30 2013, 02:10 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'5"
119 LBS
District Ten
9-June 12 • 425 Moneys

Mads

Hallie shrugged. It was her life now, the last eight months she had been training to be ready for the "just in case" situation of if she was Reaped. There was four of them that the Capitol could Reap to hurt the family. It could be any of them within the next few years, and it could happen any moment. The Capitol had a habit of Reaping Victor's families it seemed, and since she was technically now part of the family for real...

"Only two more years to worry about," she answered. After that she didn't know what she'd do. Probably go to school to become a teacher or train under Bolt and become a Doctor. Something useful and helpful... but that was if she survived and didn't get Reaped, as it was. So she didn't really know if she should look that far into the future yet.

--------------------
user posted image
Ryea made set
A cool set... (x x
Bastien ;; Eli and Leo
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Red Corcoran
 Posted: Dec 1 2013, 01:54 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5"11
160 LBS
District Ten
12-October 13 • 0 Moneys

Jimmy

Red shrugged. "A year and a few months for me, so..." He told her as he carefully calculated it out in his head. One more reaping, really, and he would be free. Another six months or so and his father would probably get him started on training to be a Peacekeeper - maybe even less than that. It took six months to train to be one officially, but it was possible that his father would start him off early and make him drop any school or work for it too. He wasn't all too excited at the prospect, but that didn't make it any less real.

"I'm not sure if I'm more scared of the Reaping or what will happen with my life after that, but I can't complain too much." He had more of a future than a lot of people in Ten. As a Peacekeeper, he would always have a roof over his head and food on the table. After twenty years, he could retire and would still be set up safely in a house for his dedication. He could still have a family if he wanted it - he would just have to wait a few years afterwards... And he would be able to feed his family afterwards too. It wasn't really a bad fate - just one he couldn't say he wanted for his life.
[PM]
^
Hallie Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Dec 1 2013, 03:55 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'5"
119 LBS
District Ten
9-June 12 • 425 Moneys

Mads

Less time. Hallie was almost jealous because he had only one more Games to worry about for the Reaping. It was a silly thing because many people were in their last years of Reapings - it wasn't something to be rationally jealous of.

"I wish I could worry about the long term," she said. "All of my fear isn't for the future but for the right now... I'm scared to get Reaped." It was rational, maybe a little less than what it had been during the Quell but it was still there. Her chances kept going up as she became related to more and more tributes and survivors. It wasn't necessarily anyone's fault, but it certainly made things worse in the short term.

--------------------
user posted image
Ryea made set
A cool set... (x x
Bastien ;; Eli and Leo
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Red Corcoran
 Posted: Dec 1 2013, 07:07 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5"11
160 LBS
District Ten
12-October 13 • 0 Moneys

Jimmy

Red chuckled a little as he approached her a bit more, watching her carefully. "And that's why I said I can't complain too much." For most people in lower districts, being reaped as a horror story. Even with the increased Reapings in the past year... Red himself was one of at least what had to be several thousand boys and, in many cases, he didn't qualify for the Reaping. Not a Victor, no 'vowel name,' not a volunteer, not a sibling, not related to a past tribute.

It had been, in the last year, unrealistic for him to expect to be Reaped. He had in his name as few times as possible. There were plenty of other boys who took out lots of tessarae who would be much more likely to be Reaped. "You probably have more reason to be afraid of it than I do, though." She got to see how the winners were after the Games a bit more up close than most in District Ten really saw, after all... And that was perhaps exactly why she could be a more vulnerable target too. "So I can afford to keep reading less useful things." Philosophy and fantasy? Perhaps it stimulated the mind, but it didn't do much other than that, did it?
[PM]
^
Hallie Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Dec 2 2013, 09:37 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'5"
119 LBS
District Ten
9-June 12 • 425 Moneys

Mads

Hallie smirked some as he came closer. It was slightly funny to her, that seeing she was pretty much in danger of getting sent to any Games before she finally reached nineteen and that only a year ago she would have never thought of her chances of going. Maybe they would have been higher because of Orsino, but that could have been excused because barely anyone knew about her compared to Sebastian. Only had the last few Games posed any danger for her.

"I think anyone can be afraid of the Games, it's just what you do with that fear..." she said. It was random for her to say that. She guessed she could want to seem brave or maybe wise. She figured she better add on something to make it seem not as... weird: "And what do you define as less useful?"

--------------------
user posted image
Ryea made set
A cool set... (x x
Bastien ;; Eli and Leo
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Red Corcoran
 Posted: Dec 3 2013, 09:21 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5"11
160 LBS
District Ten
12-October 13 • 0 Moneys

Jimmy

Red shrugged. "Well, philosophy, mostly. Some fictional stuff too. Good for a thinking or creative mind, but it's not exactly practically applicable." It did probably make him good at creative thought, but that was different from being good at snares or identifying edible plants, as those had proved useful to others. He supposed it might help with his memory, though, so edible plants would be easy, wouldn't it?

"I'd give some recommendations for you, but they don't really seem your style." He was teasing as he spoke and he kind of wanted to... but he couldn't tell. Perhaps it was better to just be friends with her first. Would that be a better idea? What did he have to do for this? It wasn't like he had exactly had this issue before. Not many people ran off getting themselves interested in him once they found out he was a Peacekeeper's son. It kept most girls away. Red sometimes didn't mind, as he was busy between school and the library and keeping up the appearance of a non-rebellious son of a Peacekeeper. It was a lot to juggle for a teenager - adding someone he was romantically interested into that equation had always seemed more daunting than realistic.
[PM]
^
Hallie Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Dec 3 2013, 08:57 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'5"
119 LBS
District Ten
9-June 12 • 425 Moneys

Mads

Hallie didn't see how philosophy and fictional things weren't useful. Of course they weren't on the level of the encyclopedias and those type of things she had been reading lately, but they still made you think. Thinking was useful because it was probably something a lot of people didn't fully use to the matter of when you read those types of things.

She shrugged some. "Never know. I mostly read encyclopedias because I want to survive," it hadn't been much different from before she started training. Maybe less books but she did read a lot about phobias and that sort of thing, but nothing to what it was now with almost only things being read for training type purposes. "But since you brought it up, what would you suggest?"

Maybe it was a dangerous thing to be interested in him, a small part was scared that the target on her back would rub off on him. But that was almost a silly thing to think of because he was close to her and no Seb or Twist, at least. And maybe also knew relationships weren't smart because chances were she'd end up dead and leaving someone when she'd never have wanted to. If anything, it might have been too late to change her mind about her feelings.

--------------------
user posted image
Ryea made set
A cool set... (x x
Bastien ;; Eli and Leo
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Red Corcoran
 Posted: Dec 5 2013, 04:57 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5"11
160 LBS
District Ten
12-October 13 • 0 Moneys

Jimmy

Red paused for a moment. "For fantasy, I would suggest pretty much anything by someone who calls themselves Brad Weeks or else something by Julia Sylvie." He said with a shrug. "You can never really trust that those books have real names since most of them have elements that aren't exactly typical. I mean... if I was writing them then I wouldn't put my real name on them either."

He was watching her as he spoke. "For philosophy... for someone who hasn't read a lot of it, I'd suggest something by Yates or West." He considered her carefully. "I expect you're smart enough to maybe get something a little harder if you wanted, but philosophy's always a bit difficult to process. Starting slow is... definitely recommended." It was something that was difficult - best done in bite-sized pieces. It was a huge part of why he was glad that the library worked on the honor system. It honestly took him a month to really read any philosophy book he borrowed.

He held out his hand to her. "May I?" He asked curiously.
[PM]
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES