• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» Strung Up, Little Sister, tag; cara/meadow
Cara B Arcadia
 Posted: Nov 29 2013, 02:16 PM
[QUOTE]
student
Female
5'2
125 LBS
District Ten
12-June 12 • 575 Moneys

Meadowlark

Cara took the spoons, placing one in one chocolate filled mug, and the other in the next. She stirred them one at a time, but paused, surprised at his response.

"The Games. Yes. They will be safe once they are eighteen. From the Games at least," she said quietly, speaking out loud.

But not really safe. Not really. Feeling depressed, she moved to the fridge taking out a canister of whipped cream. Maybe a sugar coma would knock her out of this blanket of foreboding.
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Nov 29 2013, 06:54 PM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian shrugged. It was true enough. There were things outside of the Games that people could have trouble dealing with - things that he could help with them even less. Even if one of those were Reaped, at least he could help mentor them and get them sponsors. He could try, at least, to save them as much as he could even if his hands were really tied once they set food on that platform to be in the Arena.

"And that's about the only thing I could maybe help save them from, I'm afraid... Ironically enough, I suppose." He shrugged, unsure that it would be a good idea to reveal to Cara that sometimes he was killing her in these dreams. He wasn't sure how well he would take such a confession from someone else - so he wouldn't blame her if she took it badly too. He took the second mug of hot chocolate, stirring it a little absently himself before giving it a quick test sip. It burned too much, so he paused, at least for the moment.

"If only I could change past actions." If he never volunteered, this would have never happened. Sure, he was Orsino's foster brother - the boy that he had proclaimed love for in the Games so often. They had no last name for him and there were plenty of Sebastian's in Ten. Sure, it wasn't exactly common, but it wasn't an odd name either. It could have been any one of them, really. They likely would have let him be. Hallie would have been safe - and so would Madd. He couldn't have spared the Arcadias - they already had targets on their backs because of Twist, he just made those targets more prominent. But those two... he could have helped those two at least. Perhaps that was why those dreams hurt more.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Cara B Arcadia
 Posted: Nov 29 2013, 11:42 PM
[QUOTE]
student
Female
5'2
125 LBS
District Ten
12-June 12 • 575 Moneys

Meadowlark

Cara set her mug down and the whipped cream too. Change past actions. Something had been haunting her for awhile now. Something that those words brought up. She looked at him, straight in the eyes so he couldn't escape.

"When you were...training. Remember? When were were training together. Did you...did you know? What you were going to do?" she asked hesitantly. She didn't want to know the answer. She didn't. But she had to know. Had to know it.
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Nov 30 2013, 09:00 AM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian paused. He remembered this. It had been a brief time, really. Only a matter of two months or so, at best. Not that the time span made it any less real of an occurrence. It just seemed so long ago now - like a half-remembered dream that dawned into his consciousness months later as a deja vu feeling sank deeply into the base of his spine. It dragged him downwards to his feet - the ground beneath them.

"Yes, I remember, but..." He shook his head. "No, I didn't plan it. It was..." He paused at thinking of this mistake. Somehow, he thought, it would have been different if he had been reaped a month later or in the next games. It would have been much different. "It was a delusional whim and I thought, I thought..." He paused, taking a moment to sip a bit more at his mug of hot chocolate as he tried to formulate the words in his mind. "I thought it would bring me clarity or, in the worst case, back to him."

He chuckled darkly, staring deep in the mug. "Near the end - after I got my arm chopped off - I was pretty sure that would be my end. That it would just be a matter of time before someone found me and killed me, but then... the Champions announcement." He tapped a finger against the mug - observing that hand carefully. The cold, hard metal told a different story. "All it did was make me something I'm not sure I want to be and I'm not sure I would have... if I had known." He had known the Games changed people. All that someone had to do was watch the Victors and see - watch the tributes go in and then stumble out year after year and see how they responded to register that it affected them. But that didn't mean he imagined that this would happen to him.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Cara B Arcadia
 Posted: Nov 30 2013, 11:24 AM
[QUOTE]
student
Female
5'2
125 LBS
District Ten
12-June 12 • 575 Moneys

Meadowlark

It was perhaps a relief he hadn't planned it. But maybe it had been part of what stirred him to such insanity at that moment. She'd never know. Cara decided she didn't want any whipped cream after all and just sipped her hot chocolate. She followed his gaze towards his metal arm as she sipped. Changed. And never in a good way. What kind of miracle would it take for the games to make someone into someone better instead of someone worse? Was that even possible? For someone to wade into death like that and find the better part of themselves instead of the worst?

Sebastian had certainly come out worse for the wear. And she didn't mean the arm. He'd killed. How many? More than many of the other Champions or even some Victors.

"I wish you hadn't," She whispered. She had wanted to say it for a long time now. Her rage when he'd made that proclamation had hurt it had been so strong. It had bordered on hatred. She cleared her throat. "I used to think about it. Volunteering. I never would you know, its just...seeing someone who would just be...bloodbath fodder...get reaped. Knowing I had some training at least..." she trailed off. Took another sip of hot chocolate.

Why share that with him? She'd never shared that. Her father would be appalled to know that she'd considered such a thing. But she'd never done it. Never would have. Cowardice? Or perhaps it was just that she knew she didn't have what it took to win anyway..
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Nov 30 2013, 12:14 PM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian listened carefully. The idea was... noble, certainly. More noble then Sebastian's reasoning anyway. His was all... inherently selfish. Not that he realized it until later - when he was alive. He supposed he might have realized it if he had thought about it before, but did he ever truly believe that he would survive enough to predict that he would cast such a large target range on everyone else he cared about? No, he didn't think so...

"But that's the trap, isn't it?" He asked. "They make you believe that you have a chance at glory or at clarity or at a cure or at... just saving someone else. Even if you save that one person, you might kill quite a few more in your choice." Sebastian knew these words were dangerous - so, so dangerous to say. "And not everyone is vulnerable to that trap. Just some people. Just enough to make it a little interesting for them. And then... you die. Even if you live, you still die." He faltered before very carefully venturing, "Even if you get what you wanted, you don't feel like it's worth it."

He'd been had. So did all the other volunteers that lived. Most just didn't realize it yet. "They just don't want you to know that until its too late." Far too late to save any of it.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Cara B Arcadia
 Posted: Nov 30 2013, 01:10 PM
[QUOTE]
student
Female
5'2
125 LBS
District Ten
12-June 12 • 575 Moneys

Meadowlark

You still die... But he wasn't dead. He was alive. Everyone died. Everyone eventually, so maybe that was true...maybe he meant you were so changed the old you was dead. Cara felt like that sometimes. But she hadn't been in the games.

The Games were the most terrible thing she could think of but they weren't the only terrible thing. That was daunting to know. If something as bad as the Games existed shouldn't there be nothing else? Nothing else to compare, nothing else to worry about, because really, that was enough.

"I think...I think if you mean you kill more in the Games...then..well. They are dead already. The only person you really actually kill is the one person who might have taken your spot," it was easy to say, impossible to feel. Cara could shoot an arrow at a target all day...but at flesh and blood? The thought made her sick. Still...still...there was truth to it wasn't there?

"If you mean like...the ripple effect..." she hesitated. The ripple effect was as close as she felt safe calling it. The family and friends who might be pulled into the death and destruction of him being Reaped and surviving. "Well...that might have happened to whomever took your place. So in a way...you saved anyone who was close...close to them."

Saved them by killing their loved one. Or out surviving them. It was a cold, and weird way to look at it. Cara took another drink of chocolate to try and easy the chill in her stomach.
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Dec 1 2013, 02:44 PM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian watched her - not grinning - not chuckling - nothing that showed happiness as his almost always go-to defense during these particular talks. Was she trying to make him feel better about this? Or was she talking to herself?

Sebastian couldn't tell which it was - either way it was difficult to tell.

"Doesn't make it feel any better. Save one person from going and save their family. Save the families of the people you kill from this... torment. Save all of them... It doesn't make it feel any better or take away the nightmares. It won't change how it feels." He almost wished Orsino was alive now... Not to have him as a friend or a boyfriend or a foster brother. Not even to punch him. No, he would have preferred to ask him how he managed it in the Games so well - seemed so... calm about it all. But he guessed that was the easy part. The hard part was the aftermath, wasn't it?

He sipped at the cup of hot chocolate. "Although it's a nice... a nice thought, I suppose." Thoughts didn't take away nightmares, though, especially not these.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Cara B Arcadia
 Posted: Dec 1 2013, 10:09 PM
[QUOTE]
student
Female
5'2
125 LBS
District Ten
12-June 12 • 575 Moneys

Meadowlark

She wrapped both hands around the mug but she was still cold. Inside. Inside she was freezing. This was why she didn't hold conversations. It made her look at people too hard and learn to much about them. And herself.

"No, your right. It doesn't make a difference in the end does it," she murmured. She looked up at him as she took another sip of hot chocolate. "You know, you're strong. Stronger than I thought you were."

Or more messed up. She took another sip of hot chocolate.
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Dec 2 2013, 03:20 PM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian paused. "Thank you, I suppose." He didn't think that he was strong - not really. Not in the way that he wanted to be strong, honestly. Strength, he figured, was not defined by how he handled killing all those people - most of them... most of them children.

If he was strong, he wasn't sure he would have volunteered in the first place. No, he might have found a way to go to community college - maybe get a job that didn't involve stealing and lying. Orsino would have liked that - he never did enjoy the fact that Sebastian worked as part of the Black Market, even if he wasn't always extremely vocal about his distaste.

Before he could even realize what he was saying, he spoke again, "I'm sorry." He paused, unsure how to explain or to continue... "For... for putting your family in danger... or, more than it was before anyway." Before the Arcadia name did doom them probably, but not nearly as much as it did now. "It wasn't... I wasn't thinking about it like that then, but that isn't much of an excuse, really."

--------------------
[PM]
^
Cara B Arcadia
 Posted: Dec 5 2013, 05:12 PM
[QUOTE]
student
Female
5'2
125 LBS
District Ten
12-June 12 • 575 Moneys

Meadowlark

She couldn't breath. He was sorry. SORRY. Cara stared into the chocolate drink she no longer wanted to drink. It wasn't his fault. But it was. But it wasn't. If he had died maybe that bus wouldn't have taken me away. Maybe the capitol wouldn't be looking at ten. Maybe we'd be SAFE. But they were childish thoughts. Cara knew they weren't really true.

Still, his apologize stung for reasons she couldn't fathom. She knew he suffered for his decision. But the people she loved suffered too...

But he was family. Right? So she cared about him too.

Didn't she?

Well she was supposed to. Uncle Twist cared about him. She cared about him vicariously if nothing else. She cared enough to be worried he'd get sick. To stop by his room when she heard him at night and wish he had sweet dreams.

"It's done. Can't be undone," she murmured after a long uncomfortable silence. Which she fell right back into, not sure what else to say. There was no comforting him. There was no comforting herself. Nothing she'd done or said here would change anything, and that was depressing wasn't it? Except...

Maybe she did have something to say.

"Do you...wake up like this often?" she asked cautiously.
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Dec 6 2013, 10:58 AM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian nodded after a moment. "Yes. Usually about twice a week. Maybe once a week if I'm lucky." He shook his head, mostly to himself - to shake away the thoughts that bled in his mind as he did so. "Usually more often around Reapings, though." He added with a thought.

It made the past year hell-ish, especially since this was a concern ever since he came back from the Games alive. Even as a Champion, he had survived despite all the odds. He couldn't help but wonder if there was some animosity for it from the Capitol. Sure, he might have been an underdog favorite in his Games, but he couldn't say that that was something they liked in the end, was it. They liked their actual Careers too much.

He envied the days, secretly, where his only nightmares were of killing Orsino as that girl from Nine had. It was a silly dream - a silly fear, really. True, maybe if he had said something to Orsino then... he might never have volunteered and would still be alive. But he knew that this idea was no idea at all. Either way, Sebastian would have felt it was his fault and it was better that he went that way then the alternative. The alternative would have been slower and more painful.

These thoughts stirred around in his mind as he sipped slowly at his hot chocolate. At least it was easy for his mind to spin away, even if it wasn't in an entirely good direction.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Cara B Arcadia
 Posted: Dec 10 2013, 04:59 PM
[QUOTE]
student
Female
5'2
125 LBS
District Ten
12-June 12 • 575 Moneys

Meadowlark

"Well. I'm usually awake. If you ever wake up. And want to be around someone else who is awake." Nervous at her somewhat attempt to make a friendly gesture towards the boy, she fidgeted, her nose twitching in a rabbit like gesture she adopted from time to time.

"Anyways." She put her still full mug in the sink, dumping it out and leaving it. She'd clean it in the morning, the morning morning when too much noise might not wake anyone up.
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Dec 10 2013, 07:35 PM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian nodded, taking a sip of the last of the hot chocolate he had before moving over to the sink. He didn't turn on the faucet and wash it out. The house was so old as it was - the pipes creaked and groaned when they weren't in use. When they were? Well, the rest of the house would be up and about in a matter of moments.

He wasn't about to interrupt their sleep for another day, especially when at least two of the ones presumably still asleep had trouble getting a decent night's sleep.

"I might take up that offer later but... for now... I'll try again." It would take another hour to drift off to sleep, but it wasn't like he had anything to wake up for in the morning - at least not right now. "Good luck getting some rest yourself, if you can." He told her with a sort of nod before slowly starting to shuffle back down to his room and into his warm, soft bed.

Perhaps getting a job with a damned normal schedule would help him out. Or, something, at least, could help him. That would be... very nice.

[fin? fin, I guess]

--------------------
[PM]
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES