• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» The Element of Surprise, [sebastian]
Maddox Riley
 Posted: Dec 2 2013, 04:51 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'10"
164 LBS
District Ten
7-June 12 • 1605 Moneys

Ellie

"Speed and luck?" Madd asked as he gleefully collected the cards from the last round, adding them to his neat pile off to the side. "If that's all it takes to shoot a bow, maybe I should try it."

It was a joke, really, because Madd had never had any inclination to try weaponry. But, if he did have, something non-contact, like the bow, might have been a good bet for him; he was a bit of a klutz, and a heavy weapon that relied too much on balance and proximity might not have been a good idea. Then again, the bow relied quite a bit on precision and position, from what he could tell--it was probably far more difficult than any sort of club or sword one might pick up.

"We had our own sets," he said, preparing to flip the next card. "Mom liked hearts, I liked spades--they just seemed lucky, you know?--and so if we both laid down hearts, she always got them, even if my card was higher, and I got all the spades. Stupid stuff like that, really, that just--oh hey, WAR!"

He interrupted himself excitedly at the sight of two of the same cards flipped over. "It's a war now," he told Sebastian. "You lay out the top three cards from your deck, face down, and I lay mine out, and then we flip, and highest two of three wins the whole pile."

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Awesome av & sig set by Eva!
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Dec 3 2013, 09:14 AM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Seb followed Maddox's instructions. "More than speed and luck, I'm afraid, but everything else gets very... complicated when it comes to explanation." Maybe that was just because Seb never did have a proper teacher for it - it just wasn't something he had, after all. Twist didn't know how to use the bow - nor did Krieger. No, he was self-taught, which he supposed was the trickiest part of it all, wasn't it? That usually explained why his form was a little different then people who were properly trained, like Delta.

"I can show you sometime, if you like, actually." Not that one lesson would teach him how to use it or anything, but it could be fun.

Dice Roll: 1d3: 3 = 3
Dice Roll: 1d3: 1 = 1
Dice Roll: 1d3: 1 = 1

1 - seb higher
2 - mad higher
3 - same number

--------------------
[PM]
^
Maddox Riley
 Posted: Dec 7 2013, 10:15 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'10"
164 LBS
District Ten
7-June 12 • 1605 Moneys

Ellie

"Gaahh, you win," Madd said, surrendering his pile of cards to Sebastian, pushing them across the table with a grin. The war was the best part of the game--it was fairly simple anyway, no thinking involved, but there was a familiar, almost nostalgic feeling that the anticipation of flipping over war cards brought out in him; it was how he'd felt playing when he was little, not realizing that none of this was really all that exciting.

He glanced up, intrigued, at Sebastian's offer. Madd had never been very much into weaponry; where others had tried to learn occasionally, in case of being Reaped, Madd had always shrugged off the idea, not out of fear or any particular aversion, but just because he hadn't been particularly interested. He wasn't particularly interested now, either, but he was interested in pleasing Sebastian, and seeing as how the whole cake-and-party scenario had not served as the distraction he had hoped, he was inclined to try something else.

"Really?" he asked, as if he were actually interested in the bow. "I wouldn't mind that, actually."

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Dec 7 2013, 02:01 PM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian was a little surprised at Madd's reaction. Maddox, for the district he was from, was rather docile. He wasn't sure he could imagine a weapon actively in the boy's hands, even in the setting of a slaughterhouse. At least, not a real one, anyway. Nothing deadly like the bow so easily could be. But, then again, he supposed anything could be a deadly weapon in the wrong hands. Someone had killed with a sharpened toothbrush once in the Games, hadn't they?

Still, he grinned a little. "Sure, if you want. I know I have a bow around here somewhere and a sort of... make shift target range in the basement." It was the biggest and easiest place to put it anyway. The place least likely that someone would accidentally wander into and get hurt in, at least. "Have to keep up with the whole... talent thing, you know." He joked. He was happy that it had been taken as a talent. It gave him a good excuse to have the weapon he did still. It gave him an excuse to keep his skill - and it certainly hadn't gone to waste, it seemed.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Maddox Riley
 Posted: Dec 9 2013, 06:05 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'10"
164 LBS
District Ten
7-June 12 • 1605 Moneys

Ellie

Madd nodded, still grinning as if he were actually thrilled at the idea of the bow. Really, he didn't much mind--it might be interesting to learn, in fact, though he could't imagine a time he would ever use it. He had no need to hunt, like some others did, and he wasn't particularly dexterous to begin with. It would probably be nothing but an afternoon of laughing at how ridiculously bad he was. Which, granted, didn't sound so bad.

"Okay, then," he said. "Er…but maybe we should practice like…far out in the woods. Or in a large field. Someone where nobody might accidentally wander in or where there's not anything of actual value around."

Recognizing your shortcomings, after all, was supposed to be good for you. And Madd was pretty sure he didn't have enough lucky tokens in the world to keep from accidentally breaking something if there were something nearby to break.

"So that talent thing," he said, flipping over his next card, though the game had lost much of its interest, save for having something to do with his hands. "You actually have to…perform or something? Shoot flaming arrows at the opening ceremonies and stuff?"

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Dec 10 2013, 03:17 PM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian continued playing, considering the suggestion. "Nah, the basement is better. There's an area over at the Arcadia's house for it too that's a bit bigger than what I have set up, granted. Sure, nothing to break out in the woods or in a field, but those areas are less controlled. Someone could still wander across and then..."

He would rather accidentally break something in the basement then end up killing someone while just practicing within the boundaries of the district.

Still, Sebastian thought it better not to finish the sentence as he continued playing. "Yeah, there are performances and sometimes I have to figure out little twists like flaming arrows or whatever, but never quite open ceremony kind of stuff. Not sure I could gather whatever guts I would need for something like that..."

It was odd, he supposed, how he was fairly certain it would be easy for him to kill if he needed to - if it was called for. But he had no idea if it would be easy to aim a flaming arrow at a target and hit it simply in front of an audience.

This post has been edited by Sebastian Gates-Kava: Dec 10 2013, 03:43 PM

--------------------
[PM]
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES