• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» The Element of Surprise, [sebastian]
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Nov 5 2013, 06:29 PM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian chuckled, washing his hands after a moment. "No, I just... I wanted to be around a few less people, is all. Lots of people there and... just I wanted to hide a little bit is all." He admitted with a shrug.

"It can get to be... too much, there, sometimes, is all." He dried his hands quickly on his t-shirt before moving to find the heater to get it turned on. It was cold, here, after all... And he would quite like to take off the jacket he had on, if possible.

"It's a spare house anyway, so I figured I'd stay the night. Get my head clear a little..." He glanced back to Madd as he flipped open the panel for the heater. "No, you don't need to leave if you don't want to." He chuckled at the thought. "I would prefer you not to, actually." He admitted openly. He needed to work better on open communication, didn't he?

--------------------
[PM]
^
Maddox Riley
 Posted: Nov 11 2013, 12:46 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'10"
164 LBS
District Ten
7-June 12 • 1605 Moneys

Ellie

Madd shoved his hands in his pockets as Sebastian explained; he could imagine it was fairly chaotic at the Arcadia house at this point, what with both families combined all living in one house…and all the animals. They had quite a few. Twist, the Victor, he was a collector, and Sebastian had joined the ranks as another sort of zookeeper. It was probably a very full house.

"I can--" he started to say, only for Sebastian to cut him off, with that sort of mind-reading power he seemed to possess at times. Sheepishly, Madd nodded. "Right," he said. "Some company, just not…all the company. I get it. And honestly," he said, glancing around, one eyebrow raised. "This house sucks. I'd be bored if I were stuck here alone. You should fill it with cool stuff, if you're gonna have it, anyway. Otherwise what's the point of having the biggest house around?"

His face split into a grin, to show he was kidding, and then he moved over to one of the kitchen drawers and pulled it open, as if looking for something. "You have a deck of cards in here, at least?"

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Awesome av & sig set by Eva!
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Nov 11 2013, 04:44 PM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian chuckled a little, indicating the drawer nearest the fridge. "They're with the silverware, actually, but I haven't had much need for them in awhile."

He paused before considering. "And the basement is small, but it has a range in there, but I'm not sure you count that as fun." Not that Sebastian counted it much as fun either lately. Not that he counted it as fun much at all before either, come to think of it. It was a strange sort of thing, he realized, his relationship with the bow. Sure, knowing how to use that had saved his life, but it seemed that with every single life he took, the more and more painful it was to just pull the string and hear the once very satisfying thwack! as it had once been.

Not it brought pictures of blood and falling bodies - of death and destruction to mind.

Maybe that was what made the throwing knives easier at times.

"How's the district taking the recent loss?" He asked, mostly curiously. Madd would know better than him - mostly because he was still in school.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Maddox Riley
 Posted: Nov 12 2013, 04:21 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'10"
164 LBS
District Ten
7-June 12 • 1605 Moneys

Ellie

Madd moved towards the drawer Sebastian had indicated and pulled out the deck of cards, a crisp, clean set of cards probably picked up in the Capitol, he figured. He pulled them out of the little box and shuffled them rather awkwardly; he had never been very good at shuffling in the first place, and without a hard surface, it was even more difficult. That, and he didn't know exactly why he'd felt the need to look for cards in the first place.

"Have to keep sharp, at least," he said, nodding at the mention of the shooting range. "If you're going to keep playing hero and all." Sebastian was the only person he knew that had killed somebody not in the Games--and in some kind of crazy, made-up-sounding rescue mission, too.

He pulled a face at the mention of their recent loss; it had been hard this time, if only because their girl had been so close to the final feast. "Same as usual," he said, simply because his district was used to not winning. They had gotten lucky with Elspeth and with Sebastian, but now it was back to the same old song and dance: murder and bloodshed and loss. "Sucks. She was close. A lot of people thought she might make it out, but…"

He made to shuffle the cards again and in the process, sent a few flying to the floor instead. "You maybe wanna play something?" he said as he made to retrieve them. "Before I drop them all?"

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Nov 12 2013, 11:36 PM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian chuckled. "No. You were the one that asked about cards." He half-shrugged, an eyebrow cocked upwards a little. "I figured you had something in mind to play." If he was the one that brought them up anyway.

"But I imagine we won't be getting another Victory for awhile. Funny, that anyone thought she would make it, but I guess it's easier to peg a lost cause when you're someone like me... or Twist." She had been too weak near the end. After the girl from Eleven had died at Two's hands, even that boy from Six on his own could have killed her single-handedly... And that was if their newest Victor and his ally from Five hadn't gotten to her first. While lucky victories happened once in a blue moon, he doubted everything that would have needed to happen to bring her home would happen.

No, she had been a lost cause.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Maddox Riley
 Posted: Nov 17 2013, 02:32 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'10"
164 LBS
District Ten
7-June 12 • 1605 Moneys

Ellie

Madd finished picking up the cards and plopped down in one of the kitchen chairs, setting the cards firmly on the table as he finished shuffling, to keep them from flying all over the floor again. Instinctively, he started dealing the cards out, to himself and to the chair across from him, where he assumed Sebastian would sit.

"We didn't write you off," Maddox protested, his brows furrowing in consternation. "Everybody was glad when you came home. Nobody thought you were a lost cause…at least, not a real one. We knew you'd put up a good fight."

He finished dealing the entire deck out and then stared at the cards, unsure what to do with them, when inspiration struck. "You know that game, War?" he asked, glancing up at Sebastian.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Nov 17 2013, 06:49 PM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian moved to sit down at the seat across from him. "No, I haven't, I think. But I'm fine learning." He wasn't sure if he had - card games in particular often had a habit of having two or three various ways of calling them. So it was possible he had played before - it was just under a different name.

"But, no, I mean... I know because I'm looking at it as a mentor. And unlike other people, I might see that her ally died and it was too late for anyone to really want to ally with her unless she got damn lucky. She was also really weak, so even if she had a decent weapon, I'm pretty sure you could push her over and she'd be dead." He shrugged a little. "Odds were not in her favor, or whatever the hell the Capitolites like to say." He rolled his eyes, showing some very obvious annoyance at the Capitolites in particular.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Maddox Riley
 Posted: Nov 24 2013, 03:07 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'10"
164 LBS
District Ten
7-June 12 • 1605 Moneys

Ellie

Maddox listened carefully to Sebastian's reasoning, nodding as if he understood, but he didn't quite. Sebastian had this other perspective--a logical, rational, reasonable way of looking at the tributes, like a mentor should. Because a mentor prepared you to fight, but also to die, in 23 out of 24 cases. It was naive of him, Madd knew, to think that everyone could (or should) stay positive about the tributes, but he couldn't help it. He wasn't so great at dealing with uncomfortable realities.

So instead of commenting on Seb's point of view, he simply pulled all his cards together and patted them neatly into a little pile, facedown. He took the top one off, set it in the middle of the table, still facing down, and looked over at Sebastian.

"You put your top card here, too," he instructed. "And then we flip. High card wins the pile."

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Nov 25 2013, 11:35 AM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

"All right." Sebastian paused, unsure because it wasn't exactly like there was a pile of cards. "I'm guessing whomever gets all the cards at the end wins. He said with a shrug and an unsure quirk of his brow as he looked up at the other boy.

"Or should we be betting something?" Not that he had anything to bet anyway - at least not everything on him. He could bet less tangible things - things Madd could probably ask for anyway without winning. Like an archery or throwing knife lesson. Most other things, really. He put his stack of cards in a neat pile before putting his top card down, facing the wooden table.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Maddox Riley
 Posted: Nov 30 2013, 03:54 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'10"
164 LBS
District Ten
7-June 12 • 1605 Moneys

Ellie

"Yeah, most cards wins," Madd agreed, pulling his top card off and setting it in the middle, one finger pressing it to the table, his thumb set to flip it over. He paused, however, at Sebastian's suggestion they bet things.

He didn't have money to bet with, or anything Sebastian could possibly want that he couldn't easily have bought. But Seb had to know that; he had to have something else in mind, or he wouldn't have suggested it.

"We can bet, if you want," he said, because it was do-whatever-Seb-wants day, seeing as how they'd missed that on his birthday. "What do you want to bet, though? I didn't exactly bring my cash box with me."

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Dec 1 2013, 02:30 PM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

Sebastian chuckled. "Nah, just asking to get a feel for the game." He shrugged. "Not like anything you could win from me that I wouldn't give you if you asked anyway." Or, he realized, anything that he won from Madd couldn't be something he could buy on his own. Perhaps he did not make as much as Twist in winnings and perhaps this house would maybe only fit a family of four as opposed to the large family that Twist's Victor Mansion could house...

"Flip, I guess." He said, flipping the card just as Madd also did.

Dice Roll: 1d2: 1 = 1

1 - sebastian's card is higher
2 - madd's card is higher

--------------------
[PM]
^
Maddox Riley
 Posted: Dec 1 2013, 02:40 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'10"
164 LBS
District Ten
7-June 12 • 1605 Moneys

Ellie

Madd grinned at Sebastian's refusal to bet, though it had been his idea in the first place. He had a smart reply on the tip of his tongue--something about being chicken--but then Sebastian went on to clarify that if Madd wanted anything from him, he just had to ask, and his grin faltered a bit. That was a rather serious statement to make in the middle of a card game--and it had been so off-hand, so flippant, as if Sebastian had taken it for granted that Madd understood this. But Madd hadn't understood at all, not til right then.

And he had no idea what had given him the right to ask Sebastian for anything. After all Seb had done--had let Madd bother him after he'd lost a brother, hadn't turned him in for stealing, had even let him get to know the family his brother had once had…let Madd practically live in his place during the Sector move, had lived through the Games and practically made Maddox a part of his eccentric adoptive family…it was all quite a lot, much more than Madd had ever imagined when he had gone knocking on doors looking for someone who had known Orsino Kava, all those months ago.

It took Seb's card flip, the quiet shuffle of the card against the table, to snap him out of his contemplative reverie--it had only lasted a few seconds, but he could still feel his head spinning. Belatedly, he flipped his card, only to see it was rather low, and sheepishly, as if he had any control in the matter at all, he surrendered it to Sebastian.

"Beginner's luck," he said, and then he pulled the next card from his pile, waited til Sebastian was ready, and flipped it over.

Dice Roll: 1d2: 2 = 2
1 - Sebastian's card is higher
2 - Madd's card is higher

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Dec 1 2013, 03:35 PM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

"Well, that's all it is, isn't it, luck?" He teased, a grin tugging at his lips as he let Madd take the second tiny pile of cards.

He put another card face down. "Where'd you learn it?" He knew that some kids in school - when he went to school and was younger - played card games during breaks. Some of the teachers didn't like. They would often get confiscated because it encouraged gambling or something. Not that Sebastian believed this - or ever would believe it. There were worse things than gambling, even if Sebastian never got too attached to playing cards on breaks at school. For quite a few years, he was to preoccupied with talking to Orsino.

Dice Roll: 1d2: 1 = 1

1 - seb higher
2 - madd higher

--------------------
[PM]
^
Maddox Riley
 Posted: Dec 1 2013, 04:34 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'10"
164 LBS
District Ten
7-June 12 • 1605 Moneys

Ellie

"Luck and speed," Madd said, his grin stretching as he took the second pile. "If you're too slow--and I mean just unreasonably slow--to flip, I get the pile. And vice versa, of course," he added, as he neatly stacked his winning cards in a separate pile to the side.

It wasn't an official rule, but it was a house rule at the Rileys'. Madd had grown up playing card games with his mom in the evening, while they waited for his dad to come in from evening chores; Madd was too young to be much help in the dark in those days, and while he didn't like the slight of being a burden instead of a help, he didn't mind beating his mom at cards.

She was slow on purpose, he had always suspected.

"My mom and I used to play games all the time, after dinner," he said as he prepared to flip his next card. "Back when I was more of a problem than a help with evening chores. She had all sorts of crazy rules--the slow rule, for one, so we don't really have to play that one if you don't want."

Dice Roll: 1d3: 2 = 2
1-seb
2-madd
3-same card

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Sebastian Gates-Kava
 Posted: Dec 1 2013, 06:54 PM
[QUOTE]
100.C Games Champion
Male
5"8
155 LBS
District Ten
13-April 12 • 270 Moneys

Jimmy

"You sound like me talking about archery. Speed and luck and..." Little shit like not leaning the wrong way and paying attention to the wind, but also mostly just paying attention to what one was doing - not exactly where he wanted the arrow to get to.

"Other stuff." He trailed off quickly, not wanting to bring up how strange it was for him to shoot an arrow and hear the thud against a target. It was not that it was unsatisfying - it was sometimes. It was just not what some part of him seemed to expect. Even, perhaps, want, but Sebastian wasn't too sure about that.

He put a card down and flipped it alongside Madd again. "What were the other rules?"

Dice Roll: 1d3: 3 = 3

1. seb higher
2. madd higher
3. same

--------------------
[PM]
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES