• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» keep your eyes open/~, [open]
Zetta Dawson
 Posted: Mar 11 2012, 06:26 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'7
129 LBS
District Twelve
11-March 12 • 40 Moneys

DJLance

Zetta looked at herself in the mirror, dirt matted against her face, and she felt horrible for not taking a bath the day before after hunting. She went and grabbed a towel, running it under a small stream of cold water before quickly turning it off. She had to save water, because they would need it. She rubbed her face down, and her arms and legs, before looking back in the mirror, seeing that she looked decent for a District 12 Seam resident. She hid her knife in her hunting boots, and pulled a leather jacket over it, grabbing her game bag, and quickly running from her home.

Her mother was already out and about, doing whatever it was she did when she was out, considering her job was stay at home, and all she did was quilt blankets with the little amount of thread they could afford.

She quickly looked around, before listening to the fence. It was turned off, the electricity. She smiled, and walked alongside it, before finding the break point behind a small old house that no one lived in but roaches. She ran out, quickly finding home in the forest. She climbed up her normal tree, finding the bow that she had learned to make from her mother, who was actually amazing with crafting. She pulled out an arrow, and admired it, before hearing something. She quickly put it on the string, and aimed it down, being completely hidden behind some leaves, and perched on a branch. She watched, and then took a breath in, making sure not to make any noises.
[PM]
^
Thorne Lohrasbe-Tomsy
 Posted: Mar 12 2012, 03:30 PM
[QUOTE]
82nd Games
Female
5'3"
113 LBS
District Eight
14-November 11 • 20 Moneys

Rachel

user posted image
i've had my wake-up, won't you wake up?

She wasn't sure what it was, exactly, about the forest that made it so much easier to breathe in than the streets of District 8. Perhaps it was the distance from the factories; perhaps it was the idea of being too far away to be given those looks, the ones that had changed over the past month since her return from the Capitol. The fear was nearly gone, replaced by pity. The citizens of District 8 felt sorry for her.

Thorne Isabel Lohrasbe didn't want to be pitied. She didn't want people to sympathize with her. It was all the Capitol's fault -- dragging her away and dropping her in yet another arena, tormenting her, letting Peronelle Howard get close enough to send a couple of arrows flying at her to embed themselves in her skin. The Capitol had let her die while all of Panem watched -- and then, as if that hadn't been enough, they pulled her back from the darkness and locked her up in a brightly-lit, too-white hospital room, healed her, and sent her back home. And now nobody looked at her the same way. They still crossed the street when they saw her, they still shot nervous glances over their shoulders as they passed -- but they weren't wary of the knife she still carried at all times in her boot. They were only worried that she might break. It was as though everyone was walking on eggshells around her, on broken glass, on thin ice, testing each step before putting their full weight on it to make sure that it would hold.

She was sick of it.

The trees didn't look at her like that. They didn't pity her. They weren't afraid of her, either, but at least they didn't look at her as though she was going to crack, to fall down in a million little pieces and lay at their roots for the rest of eternity.

Something rustled nearby, out of sight, and Thorne's head turned sharply to the side. A few steps to the right, and she could see a nearby tree's leaves rustling. Something was hiding in its branches, she determined as she narrowed her eyes in that direction -- what, she didn't know. It seemed to be too big for a squirrel. The leaves ceased their shivering, lying still as they concealed whatever was crouching behind them --

There. The tip of an arrow poking out between the leaves, held very still, pointed directly down at the foot of the tree. There was nothing there. Not a squirrel, not a rabbit -- nothing. With wide eyes, Thorne's gaze zeroed in on the pointed tip of the arrow, imagining Peronelle Howard or someone with just as good of an aim holding the bow.

Slowly, praying that she was still out of sight from whoever hid in the treetops, she reached down to slip her skinny silver dagger from her boot. Then, adjusting her grip on the hilt, she crept forward carefully, cautiously, careful not to crack any twigs or crumple any leaves.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Zetta Dawson
 Posted: Mar 12 2012, 03:41 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'7
129 LBS
District Twelve
11-March 12 • 40 Moneys

DJLance

Zetta let out a silent sigh, seeing it was just a woman, probably lost in the woods. Zetta smile, thinking if the lady had survived this far through these parts of the woods, she was tough. When she first came into the woods unattended by her father, she ventured far out to cry by herself and the Mockingjays around listening in, but she had been attacked by a random cat, but luckily she had her knife, and cut the cat deep into its chest, selling the fur, and meat for money.

As she saw the girl stop, noticing the tip of the arrow, she let it loose a bit, not to shoot it, but to take it off. As she did so, the lady took out a knife, and that was Zetta's cue to land, and prepare for a fight. She put the bow around her chest, and climbed her way down, landing on her feet, and pulling out her own knife, approaching the woman with care, holding it tight. "May I ask why you're roaming these forests? You're distracting the game." She clutched her father's knife in her hand, and only ever used it to skin animals. But if this lady were to tick her off, she would skin her also.
[PM]
^
Thorne Lohrasbe-Tomsy
 Posted: Mar 12 2012, 04:10 PM
[QUOTE]
82nd Games
Female
5'3"
113 LBS
District Eight

Rachel

user posted image

The arrow's tip disappeared from view and the leaves rustled; one foot, then another, appeared and a girl climbed down the tree trunk, pulling out a knife to match Thorne's as her feet hit the ground. She was young, perhaps just a little older than Thorne had been when she'd gone into the arena for the first time -- dark hair and pale skin, and Thorne tilted her head a little to the side as they examined each other.

"May I ask why you're roaming the forest?" asked the girl formally, albeit a little shortly, as though she wasn't pleased to have come across Thorne here. Perhaps she was afraid. It would be nice to meet someone who was still intimidated by her presence, thinking victor before died on live TV last month. "You're distracting the game."

No. This girl was definitely thinking of Thorne's televised fake death before the victory that had come fifteen years before it.

The girl's would-be hunter's attitude was somewhat bemusing, though Thorne was unsure of the girl's actual talent with the bow and arrow, with the knife she clutched in a grip so tight that her knuckles were turning a little white. "Maybe if you go back to your own district with nothing to show for it, the Peacekeepers will let you go without any trouble," she suggested with a shrug.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Zetta Dawson
 Posted: Mar 12 2012, 04:21 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'7
129 LBS
District Twelve
11-March 12 • 40 Moneys

DJLance

As Zetta watched her, listened to her, she quickly knew who it was. Thorne Lohrasbe, the girl who had won the games her sister was in, and she killed her. Zetta smiled fiendishly, hoping this girl would make her mad so she could hurt her. Then, she heard the remark, and she merely sighed, yawning a bit, making herself look bored. "The peacekeepers in my district are my best buyers, they won't do anything to me if they see me with fresh game." She wiped away sweat, and from the corner of her eyes she saw a deer, and lifted up her bow quick, shooting it, and watching as it hit the deer right behind it's ear. She walked over, and began working her magic, taking out the arrow and beginning to cut off the skin so gracefully, it seemed as if she were cutting fresh bread.

She saw the pond near her, and began cleaning the skin, and putting the meat into her bag, leaving the remains on the ground, before washing her hands in the pond. She didn't look up at the lady, but said bluntly, "Do you remember your games? The tribute you killed, the District 12 one?" She waited, looked up, and was angry. "DO YOU!?" She stood up, wiping the blood from her knife on her shirt, and then holding it up. "I saw the videos of you killing Hurley, my sister. You killed her with a knife just like this huh? DIDN'T YOU!?" She moved closer, hoping she would be able to control her anger.
[PM]
^
Thorne Lohrasbe-Tomsy
 Posted: Mar 13 2012, 07:30 AM
[QUOTE]
82nd Games
Female
5'3"
113 LBS
District Eight

Rachel

user posted image

The girl shot her a wicked-looking smile, quickly replaced by a sigh, boredom taking over her expression. "The Peacekeepers in my district are my best buyers," she said casually. "They won't do anything to me if they see me with fresh game." She lifted her bow quickly, and Thorne nearly flinched, catching herself just in time as the arrow was let loose off to the side, catching a deer who had just noticed the hunter's presence and started to turn away. Without saying another word, the girl spun on her heel and marched over to the deer.

And began to skin it, right there in the middle of the woods, while Thorne stood somewhat awkwardly nearby. There was something familiar about this girl, something she couldn't quite place. She couldn't possibly know this girl -- she had to be from one of the rural districts, one of the lower ones if the Peacekeepers there bought meat from illegal hunters, and besides that, she had to be at least ten years younger than Thorne herself.

The girl crouched next to a nearby pond to clean the skin, slipped the deer's meat into a bag, and washed the blood off her hands with the clear, sparkling water. The pond took on a reddish tinge now, reminding Thorne of rust. As the girl scrubbed furiously at her hands, she spoke, her back facing Thorne.

"Do you remember your Games?"

Well, of course she did. That had to be the stupidest question she had ever heard -- do you remember your Games? What victor didn't?

"The tribute you killed, the District 12 one?" pressed the girl. Well, she must be from Twelve, then. The girl stood, spinning to face Thorne as she wiped her knife's blade back to its sparkling silver, leaving a crimson stain on her shirt. And the blade was pointing at Thorne, as though this girl somehow thought that she could do something to hurt her. This was no underwater arena. There was nothing in the air to mess with Thorne's vision. She could see every move this girl made, no chance of another Peronelle Howard attack, no arrows flying out of nothingness. "Do you?"

God, she was shouting now, voice echoing off the trees. Thorne only looked back at her, cool and collected and rather emotionless. "I saw the videos of you killing Hurley, my sister," the girl snapped. Ah, that must be it. The girl from Twelve -- Thorne's first kill. She hadn't been a bad tribute -- she'd had a bow, hadn't she? She'd known how to hunt. She'd been eating some sort of animal with her ally, her district partner, when Thorne's pack had crept up on them. "You killed her with a knife just like this, huh? Didn't you?"

As the girl took a couple of steps closer, holding the knife out straight in front of her, Thorne raised her own lazily, attempting to look as though she faced crazy hunters like this one in the forest every time she came out here. "I guess," she answered, still emotionless. "I think the knife might have been a little skinnier than yours, though. More like this one." She glanced down at the dagger in her own hand, then back at the girl. She did look a little like that tribute Thorne had killed, didn't she?

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES