• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» Lost and Found
Malcolm Greene
 Posted: Jan 6 2012, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE]
Student/Farm Hand
Male
5'10
190 LBS
District Ten
6-January 12 • 40 Moneys

Foxx

Malcolm sat casually upon the bare back of the horse, the reigns hanging loosely in his hands. It was easy to tell that this was a comfortable and familiar position for him. If somebody looked carefully though, they'd noticed the tense strain in his shoulders, the alertness in his dark eyes, the solemn line to his lips. Though he may have been comfortable on the horse, he wasn't necessarily comfortable with the situation. He had received permission, as usual. The cattle was out to pasture to graze, a calf wandered off and the tracks led into the wild. Who else would go after it? There was a reason their family lived out a little further than the other District 10 residents. Their job was to keep an eye on the cattle when they were out to pasture, brand new calves, and basically keep the herds out of trouble and coral them back into the pens when the time came. So when a calf was lost, guess whose fault it was!

Needless to say, Malcolm couldn't return home until he had that calf in tow. Of course, he received a thorough warning as to the limits of his search and when he should be back...as with everything else, this necessary excursion was regulated.

It was moments like these however, when Malcolm considered himself lucky to have the 'disability' he claimed as his own. Since he couldn't listen for his quarry, he had to use his other senses. He'd learned to look and smell for other signs long ago when his father had sent him out searching for a lost group of cows on his own. A guy learns quick when your supper depends on you finding those animals!

He saw a broken twig here, footprints that were too deep there...the smell of fresh droppings hung in the air as he turned towards the west. He kept on that path, noticing a few prints that could belong to a calf here and there. Malcolm's eyes carefully searched around every tree and bush as he tried to find the cow-needle in the forested haystack.

A crack of lightning overhead and the smell of rain on the air added yet another time restriction to his already painful search. If it began to rain before he found that calf there was a good chance he'd never find a decent trail.

[first post on the site, so please bear with me haha]
[PM] [EMAIL]
^
Ezelda Fritt
 Posted: Jan 6 2012, 10:06 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5/8
123 LBS
District Seven
27-September 11 • 80 Moneys

pinemarten

Ezelda crouched in the undergrowth.Her bowstring was tight in her hands and her mud covered arrow was pointed at a large calf. A strand of stray hair fell across her face and stayed there, plastered to her tanned skin by the pouring rain.Ezelda shivered and wished she had had time to climb a tree before the stupid calf blundered by her. Still it would feed her for weeks, if it didn't go off that is.

It had been an unsuccessful day hunting she had found only one quail and her traps had been completely empty.She needed all the food that she could get as the storm looked like it would continue to pour, flooding her little home.

Ezelda's mind flicked back to the present as she heard the calf move. Startled she loosed the arrow and it flew straight into the calf's side. Cursing herself Ezelda stood up and walked smoothly towards the animal.It lowed in pain probably scaring every other animal in a five mile radius away. Without hesitation Ezelda drew her slim hunting knife and slit the animals throat whispering an apology to the animal that had given it's life to feed her.

She looked up at the forest around her and realized that this was deeper than she had been in before. Ezelda was comfortable in the forest. She could name the plants, from berry bush to red wood, and felt safe, even at home in the trees.

Dragging the carcass into a small clearing Ezelda began to gut it.Slitting the stomach with her knife. while she was preparing the carcass she drifted into a day dream Where she met someone in the woods. Someone she could teach to climb. someone she could talk to. Some one to share her catches with and more than anything someone to talk to. If only...

Ezelda's mind snapped back to the present as a branch broke . I an instant she was up a tree and her bow was strung. It was pointed at where the noise had come from. She cursed herself again as she saw the calf's carcass lying on the ground where she left it. if that didn't shout of her presence nothing did!

Summing up her courage Ezelda shouted into the trees, "Who is there! come into the clearing, slowly", as an afterthought She added,"I've got you covered!".

--------------------
Flight, the freest form of joy.
Life, the cruelest prison.
Love, that which conquers all.
[PM]
^
Malcolm Greene
 Posted: Jan 9 2012, 02:54 PM
[QUOTE]
Student/Farm Hand
Male
5'10
190 LBS
District Ten
6-January 12 • 40 Moneys

Foxx

Malcolm was half leaned over his horse as he followed the increasingly visible tracks of the calf. He glanced up every now and then, but mostly trusted the horse to weave in and out of the trees easily enough.

Eventually, the tracks came to a sudden halt. Malcolm turned the horse in a circle, trying to figure out how such steady tracks could suddenly disappear when he noticed the deep impression in the ground that led towards a streak through the grass...towards a clearing and...a sudden train of curses ran through his mind as he dismounted, tugging his horse along towards the calf.

Well, what was left of it that is!

Malcolm ran his hand through his hair, locking onto a tuft of it at the crown of his head (seemingly taking his frustrations out on his hair). A stream of air rushed out of his lips as he examined the corpse. He released his hair quickly however as his eyes took note of something odd...

This was a fresh kill. Not only that, but there was a clean cut where the innards were spilled out. And...an entry wound if he wasn't mistaken!

Malcolm straightened up quickly, his eyes scanning the area as fast as he could. One hand still held tight to the reigns of the slightly antsy horse who didn't seem to enjoy the company of the corpse all that much. Malcolm opened his mouth, but closed it again, as if indecisive about just what to say. Hello (or at least his deaf version of it) just didn't seem appropriate. He waited, looking for any signs of another human being in the area. He may not speak well, but he would give his best shot at chewing them out if they thought killing branded cattle was a fun idea!
[PM] [EMAIL]
^
Ezelda Fritt
 Posted: Jan 9 2012, 06:54 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5/8
123 LBS
District Seven

pinemarten

Ezelda stiffened as she saw a boy enter the clearing.He looked about sixteen by her reckoning but he could have been older. He was on a horse too! No one could afford a horse particularly not someone so young. More importantly though no one would ride a horse into the forest. The tracks would be far too easy to follow, unless he didn't care.If he was running away then stealing a horse and would barely increase his punishment if he was caught.That still left the problem of the tracks though.

Finally Ezelda mustered up the courage to shout "Don't move! You move I shoot" Her bow still trained waveringly on the boy she smoothly clambered down from the tree.
"Don't even think about touching that calf,it's mine!",Her voice wavered as she thought of the weeks to come if she didn't get that calf "I need it,how else will I feed myself if I don't get it?"

Ezelda approached the boy slowly, circling him so that the calf was between them. Bow still pointed at him she stopped and in a steadier voice she demanded,"Who are you? Why are you here? Where are you from? and what do you want? The whole package, and fast!"

[Me too when some one speaks you quote them in a different colour or italics or something and then write your characters reaction to it. (Iv'e been looking at other peoples posts.)]

--------------------
[PM]
^
Malcolm Greene
 Posted: Jan 9 2012, 07:19 PM
[QUOTE]
Student/Farm Hand
Male
5'10
190 LBS
District Ten
6-January 12 • 40 Moneys

Foxx

Warnings sort of fell upon deaf ears with Malcolm...literally. The girl was halfway into her threats when he finally spotted her. It had been the horse that gave her away. It gave a bit of a start when she seemed to appear out of the trees. Malcolm's eyes followed in the direction the horse's ears were pointed. Malcolm's eyes widened momentarily before narrowing as the surprise was replaced by an emotion he rarely felt...anger.

It normally took a lot to ruffle Malcolm's feathers but something about being forced outside the fences, being restrained by time, and the threat of his father's rage (not to mention the wrath of the man who basically owned his family like servants)...well, needless to say it all sort of snowballed into one big, raging ball of seriously pissed-off-ness!

I need it, how else will I feed myself if I don't get it? With a locked jaw, Malcolm bent over, grabbed the calf by its ankles and flipped it. He pointed to the rather large and obvious brand on its hind quarters. If cows grew wild then he was the son of a freaking bird! "No your!" It wasn't hers to kill, it wasn't hers to claim...it just wasn't hers damn it!

The girl rambled off a thousand questions then, only making Malcolm's brow furrow more deeply. There was only one way to get out the full extent of his range. If it showed his weakness as his father always feared, than so be it. This girl was communicating how she liked to...then he'd do the same! 'Crew you. And then the man's hands were moving in rediculously fast as he signed out his frustration, mouthing the words that followed and adding sound where he could. If she could make sense out of any of it or new any sign language...this is what it would read.

"Who do you think you are to ask suck questions of me? I'm not your slave, and I owe you no debt. By the looks of it only one of us is out of bounds legally and you just slew a calf belonging to some very influential people. If I were you, I'd stop asking questions and start giving answers."

Of course, most of this wouldn't be understood, but the anger in the noises he made and the harsh reality in his eyes would surely give a good dose of the idea. The guy was livid! You owe cow. Malcolm pointed to her and then to the dead calf to better explain his point. Her weapon was nothing to him. She could shoot him, fine. He would receive a beating at home so either way...who really cared? It was all the same in the end wasn't it? Everybody has to do die. He'd rather die standing up for himself than cowering like a beaten pup. He'd done about enough cowering and bending to the will of others for one lifetime!
[PM] [EMAIL]
^
Leon Dart
 Posted: Jan 9 2012, 08:13 PM
[QUOTE]
Retired
Male
6/5
178 LBS
District One
8-January 12 • 25 Moneys

Pinemarten

The strange boy yelled and shouted indistinct noises at her, he motined with his hand and mouthed words.the only thingEzelda understood in the whole out burst were two words:youre slave.
I never said you were my slave Ezelda retorted.

She frowned and lowered her bow. If this boy was a threat to her then he probably would nothave shouted such indistinct noises. His reaction to her plain reasoning shocked andeven hurt her.It had never occured to her that a calf would be owned by someone, and even if it did what was it doing in the woods? What worried her was his calm approach to her bow. It was a lethal weapon did he want to die?

Ezelda motioned to the brand and stated evenly,"It's pouring, how was I supposed to see that when I can barely see a meter without sheets of water getting in the way?

Anyway you can't talk.Sitting on your nice stolen horse! Finaly Ezelda broke,
I'll die if I don't get that. Please, I'm thin enough as it is I can't afford to not eat for weeks.if this rain continues I'll be flooded in and thereis no way that I will be able to hunt. For once her youth showed through in her usually professional, adult like attitude. tears burst from her eyes and mingled with the rain on her smooth cheeks
Please, she pleaded, Don't kill me

[Bold for our character speaking and italics for the other person?]

--------------------
He's grumpy,
sugar addicted,
spoilt,
in a wheelchair.

what could be more Fun?!
[PM]
^
Ezelda Fritt
 Posted: Jan 10 2012, 07:31 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5/8
123 LBS
District Seven

pinemarten

[Sorry I got the wrong account]

--------------------
[PM]
^
Malcolm Greene
 Posted: Jan 12 2012, 09:29 PM
[QUOTE]
Student/Farm Hand
Male
5'10
190 LBS
District Ten
6-January 12 • 40 Moneys

Foxx

"It's pouring, how was I supposed to see that when I can barely see a meter without sheets of water getting in the way?"

Again, Malcolm didn't know enough words to communicate back with her well but he signed all of it out and mouthed what he knew and spoke bits with inflection so hopefully he'd get his point across. You saw well enough to shoot him!

Anyway, you can't talk. Sitting on your stolen horse. You no see! At least those words he could freely speak. The rest were mismatched signs and sounds. This is our horse. It's our job. I owe you no explanation though. You're the one who shot the cow! I'll die... Malcolm swallowed. His mind immediately flashed to the ongoing games. He snuffed a bit whether it be to pull back snot or to gain control of emotions even he wouldn't say. Either way, he signed and spoke in reply, No my problem.

Don't kill me. At this, Malcolm's face had fallen from angered to calm now to slightly confused. How could he kill her?! Run her down with his horse?! He didn't really have a lot of options and wasn't sure how her confidence and boldness had suddenly turned into this plea! Then again, he knew how it was to be so hungry that your emotions ran high. Pity started to seep into him, but not enough to make him comfortable with this girl and what she had done.You no danger, he tried his best to explain, though his tone was still rough around the edges and slightly terse. You make me in danger. It was his butt that was on the line for this calf afterall!

A large crack of thunder and lightening intermingled. The thunder rumbled hard enough to send a tremor down to the earth. Malcolm looked up to the sky, grimaced into the rain, and then looked back towards the thin woman. Part of him did pity her but he didn't have a choice. No can have calf. No yours. Again, he pointed to the brand. It wasn't up to him...this calf belonged to the people of the capitol. He would already get yelled at and his father would get fined for losing it. That was trouble enough. For not bringing it back at all?! He'd have to go without dinner until his father's anger subsided! And who knew how long that would be!

[not a problem, it happens. i just haven't had enough time to post in the past few days. sorry.]
[PM] [EMAIL]
^
Ezelda Fritt
 Posted: Jan 29 2012, 12:15 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5/8
123 LBS
District Seven

pinemarten

you saw well enough to shoot him.
Well, she reasoned, you would have had to be blind not to the way it was blundering through the trees like an elephant with a death wish.

This is our horse. It's our job. I owe you no explanation though. You're the one who shot the cow!
Ezelda scoffed, Sure, i'ts your job to ride around on a horse, in the woods which, by the way are out of bounds times about 700.

Ezelda struggled to regain control of her emotions but she could not staunch the thick flow of tears that were pouring from her eyes.
You make me in danger.
Startled by his response Ezelda was shocked out of her upset and actually laughed, Me? endanger you,How?Ezelda was suddenly genuinely curious of how the stocky boy could be hurt by her.

--------------------
[PM]
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES