• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» A Lifestyle, tag; Code
Mika Fitchardd
 Posted: Oct 2 2011, 06:36 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'2
102 LBS
District Twelve
1-October 11 • 120 Moneys

Jessie

Mika Fitchardd was outside of the District Twelve fence again. He was hunting in broad daylight, walking slowly and carefully as not to scare off any game. Mika had almost got caught, but luckily there was a huge distraction made by someone o he could get away in time. He was sure that the person that caused the distraction was probably dead. He was trying to catch dinner for his family. Hunting was a lifestyle. He was wearing grey sweats and a grey jacket and hiker boots. The boots used to be his father's so they were a little big, but made do with what he had. His chosen weapon was a bow and some arrows. He was looking around to see if there were any dangers around, but he didn't see any.

Mika had aimed his arrow for a squirrel, but hit a tree instead which caused the squirrel to run off. So far, this day wasn't going as planned. He put his bow and arrows on the ground and sat down. He wasn't even going to try and retrieve the arrow. He sat legs criss crossed and he put his hands on his knees. He only wanted to catch dinner for his family.
[PM]
^
Code Pseudotsuga
 Posted: Oct 3 2011, 10:47 AM
[QUOTE]
N/A
Female
5'1"
120 LBS
n/a
10-April 11 • 0 Moneys

Gem

Code didn’t wander out of the districts very often; it wasn’t that she didn’t want to as much as the fact that it scared her. She liked the trees. They were big and strong and solid. But she didn’t like the darkness between the trees that very well could eat her. Hugging her dolls close to her chest, she hurried through the shadows, hopping and jumping into every patch of sunlight that fell between the thick leaves above.

Critters scuttled about in the trees and through the fallen leaves on the forest floor. Code could hear them, but she didn’t see them; they must be squirrels or chipmunks or other fast and agile creatures. Rabbits would be too obvious, though maybe even they could sneak when shadows were concerned. If the forest were harmless as a rabbit, why would it be blocked off by the Capitol?

In passing, Code noticed an arrow sticking out of a tree. The sharp spear dug into the rugged bark. Code lifted a hand and pressed her finger against the bark next to the arrow’s entry point. Someone else dared to enter the woods? And where was the owner of the arrow? Code could imagine, years ago, a man and his family came out to the forest to escape Panem. Ambushed by Peacekeepers, the man used the bow and arrow to try to save his family before they were attacked and killed. But as Code slid her fingers along the arrow, she knew that it couldn’t possibly have been in this tree for so long. . . .

((Hey, hope this is okay. Code doesn’t realize that Mika is nearby.))

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Mika Fitchardd
 Posted: Oct 4 2011, 04:59 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'2
102 LBS
District Twelve

Jessie

He stood up on his two feet when he heard critters scuffling around. He picked up his bow and arrows and started walking away more towards the forest and away from the District Twelve fence. He didn't know that there was someone else in the forest. He only knew that there were animals. He stopped about twenty feet from where he was originally sitting. He aimed his arrow for a squirrel that was in a tree, but he didn't know if it was the same squirrel that ran away from him before or if this was a different squirrel. He shot his arrow and it landedin th squirrel, but the squirrel and the arrow went somewhere tha Mika didn't expect.

The arrow along iththe sqire ended up in a tree trunk. Mika walked over to the trunk, the bow and arrows on his back. He got this uneasy feeling like someone was near him. He was sure that they weren't Peacekeeper because he would possibly be dead already. His gut became entangled with knots. He just stared at the bloody squirrel with an arrow still stuck in the tree trunk. He didn't move. The squirrel was his kill, his dinner. He was calm on the outside, but scared on the inside. He didn't even take a glance at the person because he was too scared to.
[PM]
^
Code Pseudotsuga
 Posted: Oct 4 2011, 11:57 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
Female
5'1"
120 LBS
n/a
10-April 11 • 0 Moneys

Gem

Code gasped as an arrow flew past her and impaled a squirrel into the tree. She jumped and clutched her dolls closer to her chest as she stared at the quivering arrow pinning the warm carcass into the bark. Only a few seconds before, that squirrel had been alive and minding his own business, probably unaware of the arrow that waited nocked on the bow.

And there was a boy. He had the bow and he went to examine the squirrel. It was sad, almost, this tragic end to the squirrel, and she wondered what purpose it would serve in death. Was this hunt for pleasure or for gain? Did he plan on eating it, or stuffing it like a doll? Code could only imagine the possibilities with a squirrel, and she suddenly found herself desiring to be the one holding the bow, knowing the arrow was hers.

“Are you going to be making a hat?” she asked. Her voice broke through the soundtrack of the forest, interrupting the small scuffles of critters in the wood.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Mika Fitchardd
 Posted: Oct 6 2011, 07:42 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'2
102 LBS
District Twelve

Jessie

He became startled when he heard a girl's voice. Even though he knew someone was there before, he was not expecting the person to talk to him. Why would he make a hat? He thought food was more important than a fur hat. "No," he said in a cold tone. "It's dinner," he said harshly, but quiet enough not to scare off anymore game. He turned and looked at the girl who appeared to be holding some dolls. He assumed that the girl wasn't from his district, but maybe from another rural district. He walked over to the girl, leaving the squirrel n the treetrunk. He was examining her. "What's a girl like you doing in here? In such a dangerous place?" he was still being a bit rude. Sometimes it took awhile for Mika to wam up to a person.

He had no idea what to expect from this girl, for all he knew, she could be a crazed killer. His plan for the day was to hunt for his family's meal, not go around making friends. He didn't make many friends because he might not see them ever again and then his heart would be broken. He couldn't have a broken heart, his family depended on him for their meals. "I don't think I've seen you around," he wasn't acting rude, but curious now instead. "What district are you in?" Mika could confuse so many people. He could be rude one second and curious the next. He smiled at the girl, although you could tell he wasn't putting much effort into the smile.
[PM]
^
Code Pseudotsuga
 Posted: Oct 6 2011, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
Female
5'1"
120 LBS
n/a
10-April 11 • 0 Moneys

Gem

The boy asked so many questions! He sure talked a lot!

Code hugged her dolls tightly and cocked her head at him. He was a funny sort; didn’t seem to be able to stay on the same conversation for very long, and his tone switched just as frequently. Code wondered if he had something wrong in his head as many people did. Maybe he got knocked on his head or perhaps he fell out of a tree. There was one boy Code knew who fell from a tree when he was younger and ended up retarded after that, though she never knew what became of him.

“Of course I’m safe. I have Percyn and Runis with me,” she said as she held up the dolls. They were weathered things, and after years of toting them around, they bore their wear proudly. The plastic hands and feet had been chewed away (in all fairness, Code had done that when she was much younger), and Runis had one of her painted eyes scratched out. “I’m Code. From District 7. Who are you?”

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Mika Fitchardd
 Posted: Oct 6 2011, 09:55 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'2
102 LBS
District Twelve

Jessie

Normally, Mika wouldn't be talking, he was usually quiet, but for some reason he wasn't acting like his usual self. He could feel butterflies flying around in his stomah, he was so nervous. Why was he so nervous? The only thing that was wrong with him was that he had a little crush on the girl. He had never had a crush anyone before. Mika knew that they could never be togeher, they were from different districts. Mika looked at the dolls that the girl was carrying, his sisters had dolls but they were ten and eight, and the dolls were homemade, not made in some factory.

She thought that those dolls would protect her? Mika thought she was crazy. Crazy, but pretty. "My sisters are into dolls, they have a couple of homemade ones," he said, trying to lighten he mood. His family couldn'tactualy g out nd uy some fancy toys, they didn't have the money. "Name's Mika." He extended his hand out to her. "From District Twelve." He gave the girl, Code, a smile. This one was more heartwarming then the last one. He didn't smile very often, mostly only to his sisters. He was only a thirteen year old kid trying to save his family from starving and trying to avoid the hunger games. Maybe Mika could at least spend a few hours with her.
[PM]
^
Code Pseudotsuga
 Posted: Oct 6 2011, 10:03 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
Female
5'1"
120 LBS
n/a
10-April 11 • 0 Moneys

Gem

Code studied him before shifting the dolls into her other arm so that she could extend her hand and shake his. When she dropped his hand away, she said,

“It’s a pleasure to meet you. I would like a homemade doll, I think. But I have no one to make me one. But that’s okay because these have been with me for years.”

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Mika Fitchardd
 Posted: Oct 8 2011, 03:04 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'2
102 LBS
District Twelve

Jessie

He was glad to meet Code actually. He looked the dolls again. "My family would never be able to afford some dolls like those," he said honestly. He knew that his little sisters would love some dolls like Code's, but they really couldn't afford them. Mika wished he could make Code a homemade doll, but he didn't know how to, only his mother did. He was going to say that his mother could make her one, but his mother was a mess and she had stopped making homeade dolls for awhile. His sisters had had their dolls since they were four and two. He walked to the tree trunk and pulled the arrow and the squirrel out of it. Then he looked back at Code with a smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you as well." He forgot to say it earlier to the girl.

He walked back to Code with the arrow andbloody squirrel in his hands. "This isn't just my dinner, it's also my family's." He held the squirrel and arrow up. He had been having to support his family since he was just nine years old. He had to grow up before any of the other District Twelve children had to. "How old are you Code?" This question was random, but he wanted to know.
[PM]
^
Code Pseudotsuga
 Posted: Oct 8 2011, 10:57 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
Female
5'1"
120 LBS
n/a
10-April 11 • 0 Moneys

Gem

Code studied him rather than replying. He was an odd one, no doubt about it. The way he jumped from topic to topic, talking rather than waiting for a reply. She cocked her head at him.

“Did your mom drop you on your head?” she asked curiously.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Mika Fitchardd
 Posted: Oct 10 2011, 12:19 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'2
102 LBS
District Twelve

Jessie

The only reason why he was being odd was because he had a crush on the girl. Normally he wouldn't be jumping from topic to topic. "My mother never dropped me on my head," he said a bit rudely. He just didn't want to tell the girl that he had a crush on her.

Mika didn't know if they could continue carrying on a conversation. Mika turned away from her and started walking back to the District Twelve fence.
[PM]
^
Code Pseudotsuga
 Posted: Oct 10 2011, 04:25 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
Female
5'1"
120 LBS
n/a
10-April 11 • 0 Moneys

Gem

Code tilted her head and watched him walk. Why was he leaving? It was like he was offended by her question when it had been a perfectly honest one. He was a strange one. Did he know his way through the woods? He did shoot a squirrel, so that probably meant that he knew something about the forest, but did it mean he could find his way back? Code glanced down at the dolls in her hands before running after the boy.

“Hey!” she said as she moved in front of him to block his path. “Hey?”

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Mika Fitchardd
 Posted: Oct 10 2011, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'2
102 LBS
District Twelve

Jessie

Mika had been offended by her question That's why he wanted to leave. The other reason why Mika wanted leave was to get the squirrel to his motherso she coud cook it for dinner. Mika could find his way back home, he had been in the forest over a hundred times and had always found his way back home. He continued walking until the girl called out 'hey!' and blocked his path.

"What?" he asked the girl in a really rude way. He wondered what the girl wanted from him. To be honest, Mika really didn't want to go back home, but he knew that he had to. He was still holding the squirrel that had been impaled by his arrow, now covered in dry blood. The bow and a few arrows on his back.
[PM]
^
Code Pseudotsuga
 Posted: Oct 10 2011, 05:29 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
Female
5'1"
120 LBS
n/a
10-April 11 • 0 Moneys

Gem

Code squeezed the dolls to her chest. Why was he being rude and snappish? Had she done anything?

“Where are you going?”

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Mika Fitchardd
 Posted: Oct 10 2011, 05:43 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'2
102 LBS
District Twelve

Jessie

Mika didn't know why he was being rude. "I'm going home," he told the girl calmly. "I have to give this to my mom to cook," he held up the squirrel as he spoke calmly to the girl. Mika was sure that the girl hated his guts, but he didn't care.
[PM]
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES