• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» What Immortal Hand or Eye, tag: Ryea
Poe Gaertner
 Posted: Sep 23 2011, 03:43 PM
[QUOTE]
Student, Model
Female
5'3"
120 LBS
District Eight
5-September 11 • 310 Moneys

Gem

Poe had the bag full of berries, but she couldn’t go home, not quite yet. She had decided for the first time that she would step forth into the darkness of the forest where the spirits of the ancient ones lurked in between the trees. She couldn’t see them—she didn’t see spirits, not really—but she knew they were there. It was the extra sense she was born with that allowed her to pick up the presence of the departed. Not every departed, or else she’d be overwhelmed with death and that would quickly bog her down. Only the ones who, for one reason or another, lingered behind and reached out to her.

Although it was only quarter of three in the afternoon, darkness filled the forest. The large, spindly branches of the trees surrounded her; only the pine trees kept their leaves throughout the year. But she didn’t fear the trees, not even now when their crooked limbs reached out towards her like gnarled hands. She didn’t even fear much the creatures that lived in these woods. But she couldn’t deny the apprehension of the departed who inhabited the dark depths of the forest—they were old and dwelled forever in the ancient grove; that alone chilled her.

But Poe kept her head high as she slipped between the trees. From somewhere to her right, she heard the crackling of branches, and she froze. Wild animal? Perhaps. Her eyes searched the trees and she found one that she could climb in a pinch should the animal try to get her. This time she had worn a pair of jeans and sturdy boots into the woods instead of the skirt she had worn on her last visit, and climbing wouldn’t be quite as difficult.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Natalia Vladimorvna
 Posted: Sep 25 2011, 07:26 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
Female
5' 7"
115 LBS
N/A
22-September 11 • 290 Moneys

Ryea

Natalia sat down on the forest floor. She dumped the contents of her basket, berries, herbs, edible plants, etc, out, and began to sort them into the leather pouches she kept at the bottom of the basket. She usually did her sorting at home, but sometimes she just wanted to be out in the forest, away from the district for longer. Today was one of those days.

She was completely comfortable in the forest, she'd spent enough time in it. It was all mostly a chance to get away from her dad. She loved him and all, since well he was her dad no matter what, but at the same time, sometimes she just needed to get away and take a break from it all so she wouldn't go crazy.

She finished her sorting and put the pouches into her basket. She took a deep breath and looked around her before standing up. It was honestly breath taking how it could be only around 3, and yet, it'd be getting dark in the forest, and then it'd go back to bright.

She started making her way back home, when she realized, she was being loud, if one of the peacemakers heard her footsteps and caught her out here, it wouldn't be pretty. She shook that off though, she'd never encountered any before, they all seemed to be too scared of what lurked out here.

As she stepped on a branch, she stopped, she got the distinct impression that she wasn't the only one here. She hung her basket on a branch and swung herself up onto another one to get a look around the forest. Sure enough, she wasn't the only one, and like she assumed, it wasn't a peacemaker.

She dropped down onto the ground, "Natalia, District 12."

--------------------
user posted image
[PM] [EMAIL]
^
Poe Gaertner
 Posted: Sep 25 2011, 09:28 PM
[QUOTE]
Student, Model
Female
5'3"
120 LBS
District Eight

Gem

Before Poe could consider fleeing, a girl dropped out of a tree and landed solidly before her. Like a pinecone that didn’t bounce, she mused. Her eyes trained on the girl and she held her head high as she observed her. Not a spirit, certainly not. They weren’t quite so quick to manifest themselves, and she certainly didn’t look ancient by any means. Just another girl wandering the forests. Damn, there seemed to be a lot of them these days—besides Poe herself, she had met someone just the other afternoon.

“Hey,” she said. Pause. Thinking about it, studying the girl. She cocked her head silently and held out a hand. “Poe, District Eight. But if anyone sees you here, I didn’t just tell you that, got it?”

Because she didn’t need the Peacekeepers knowing she was out in the woods. And if this girl ratted her out, well, it was one word against the other. And who would the Peacekeepers side with—the District Eight girl whose parents were fairly wealthy or the random District Twelve chick?

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Natalia Vladimorvna
 Posted: Sep 26 2011, 06:47 AM
[QUOTE]
N/A
Female
5' 7"
115 LBS
N/A

Ryea

Natalia nodded as she listened to the girl, Poe, ask her not to tell anyone she saw her here. Fine by her, she wasn't planning on doing that anyway. The last thing she wanted to do was get anyone in trouble. She'd barely scraped by herself once. The only reason she didn't get in trouble then, was the peacemaker who caught her's father was injured in a mine explosion and she'd told him she'd heal him if he let her go that time.

She shook the hand that was extended, "Same if anyone see's you. I can't get caught out here again." Because, really, she'd gotten lucky that one time, and she really didn't know if her luck would hold out a second time. It probably wouldn't.

"You come out here often?"

--------------------
user posted image
[PM] [EMAIL]
^
Poe Gaertner
 Posted: Sep 26 2011, 09:51 PM
[QUOTE]
Student, Model
Female
5'3"
120 LBS
District Eight

Gem

Poe narrowed her eyes and held up a hand to signify Natalia to stop.

“Woah, woah. What do you mean by ‘again’?” she demanded. How many times had this girl been caught out here in the woods? Once? Three times? And more importantly—how did she manage to get away? Poe had to know if she was dealing with some sort of Peacekeeper magnet and what exactly she did for an escape tactic. No one just strolled into the woods and happened across a Peacekeeper, and certainly a Peacekeeper just didn’t allow her to be free like that. Was Poe putting herself in further danger by associating with her?

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Natalia Vladimorvna
 Posted: Sep 26 2011, 10:14 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
Female
5' 7"
115 LBS
N/A

Ryea

Natalia had known she'd get asked that question. She shrugged, there wasn't that much to it, really, plus she had a feeling the peacekeeper had actually tracked her down because he knew she'd try to bargain with him, and he'd ultimately get what he wanted. That was just her theory.

"There was an explosion in one of the mines in my district the day before, so there were quiet a few wounded, anyway, that's just backstory. I went into the forest via my usual way, and when I came out, a peace keeper was waiting for me. I knew his father was one of the injured, and there was actually a rumor that none of the healers would even think about healing him. So, I bargained with him, I'd get let off the hook if I successfully healed his dad. His dad's fine now, I'm off the hook. I have a feeling he actually followed me and waited all day for me, but I don't really have any proof of that." It was just a sneaky suspicion.

She shrugged again, "That's the only time, and I got lucky then. If the explosion hadn't have happened, I wouldn't have had bargaining power."

--------------------
user posted image
[PM] [EMAIL]
^
Poe Gaertner
 Posted: Sep 26 2011, 10:26 PM
[QUOTE]
Student, Model
Female
5'3"
120 LBS
District Eight

Gem

Poe raised an eyebrow. This girl must have some power if the Peacekeeper had tracked her down in order to bargain with her specifically. But it told Poe most of what she needed to know—and that was that whatever way the girl took back to her district wasn’t the way Poe would take. Then again, they came from different districts, so it didn’t matter, but should they have come from the same location, Poe would be more careful.

Her family didn’t need berries. It wouldn’t be that big of a deal if she wasn’t allowed to come out here, and no one would starve. With her parents’ well-paying jobs, Poe’s family was rather well off for District Eight and they never went to bed hungry unless they hadn’t eaten what was offered for dinner. But she would go stir crazy if left inside the city for too long. So many spirits to deal with, and most of the time she didn’t have a clue what they wanted from her.

“Yeah, that is pretty lucky,” she said thoughtfully, though she didn’t know if she believed her own words. If the Peacekeeper had truly hunted her down, luck meant nothing. Perking up, she added, “What are you doing out here anyhow?”

Her eyes flicked across the girl. Definitely a lower district. Folding her hands behind her back, Poe began to circle her carefully, her eyes observing her all around. Scrutinizing.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Natalia Vladimorvna
 Posted: Sep 26 2011, 10:41 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
Female
5' 7"
115 LBS
N/A

Ryea

Natalia watched Poe's reaction closely, sure enough, an eyebrow got raised. It wasn't a surprise though, after all, District 8 would pretty much be paradise compared to District 12. People sometimes got desperate in her district, and would resort to bargaining, even if they had to force someone into bargaining. She'd seen it happen before, but she had a feeling it was a different story in the other districts.

She should really start using one of the other ways though, at least for exiting. If she got caught entering she could make up some excuse about how there was some herb right on the other side of the fence that she needed for healing. It was a lot harder with exiting. Actually, it was almost impossible with exiting.

"Lucky, it definitely was." And all mostly thanks to her healing skills. "Gathering herbs I can use to make brews, salves, powders, ointments that can heal the most basic and common injuries for the mine workers that I can then sell."

She pointed to her basket, "All of the pouches in the basket are filled with the most basic herbs for healing." She shrugged off the fact that she was being carefully looked over. Her clothes were clean and functional.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM] [EMAIL]
^
Poe Gaertner
 Posted: Sep 26 2011, 11:02 PM
[QUOTE]
Student, Model
Female
5'3"
120 LBS
District Eight

Gem

Huh. Healing. Most people went to doctors, not healers, so Poe didn’t know why the Peacekeeper had asked for healing. Maybe it was a rogue Peacekeeper who rebelled against the Capitol and thus didn’t get the ability to take his brother or father or whatever it was to the doctor.

The bag of berries bounced against Poe’s leg, and she pulled the bag in front of her. Releasing the drawstring that kept the mouth of the bag bound tightly shut, she slipped her free hand into the leather pouch. Her fingers touched the round berries within.

“That’s interesting,” he said with a nod. Her fingers clenched around a couple of berries, but she didn’t raise her hand from the bag quite yet as she paused thoughtfully. “You have many mine accidents?”

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Natalia Vladimorvna
 Posted: Sep 26 2011, 11:20 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
Female
5' 7"
115 LBS
N/A

Ryea

Natalia thought for a moment, "There's a lot of things that happen that result in minor injuries that get minor infections from all of the coal dust and lack of water down in the mines to clean them. But, as far as major accidents go, if we're lucky, once a year, if we're unlucky three or four times a year."

She glanced down at her basket, mentally picturing all the herbs in the different pouches, she should really mark the pouches so she could tell without having to open them what was in each pouch, but most of the time she took them out of the pouches as soon as she got home, so she supposed it didn't really matter.

"All the healing things I make I sell at a low price, because most of the people in my district can't afford doctors, so we have a lot of healers in our district. " She didn't know why she was explaining this, she just felt like she needed to.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM] [EMAIL]
^
Poe Gaertner
 Posted: Sep 26 2011, 11:29 PM
[QUOTE]
Student, Model
Female
5'3"
120 LBS
District Eight

Gem

Poe pursed her lips.

“Cool,” she said. But not really. When the Capitol moved the rural districts away from the city this past summer, Poe had suspected life wouldn’t improve for the citizens, and apparently she was right. Mine explosions weren’t uncommon before, but at least they had doctors. Or at least, she thought they had doctors.

Pulling out two berries, she squished them between her fingers as she continued, “You’d think that if they were putting you into a mine, they’d at least give you doctors. . . .”

She swiped the berries first across of her cheeks, and then the other.

“. . . But I guess they don’t really care about District Twelve. No one uses coal anyhow.”

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Natalia Vladimorvna
 Posted: Sep 26 2011, 11:39 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
Female
5' 7"
115 LBS
N/A

Ryea

Natalia shrugged, putting her basket on the ground. "I guess, I don't know, things were slightly better before we got moved, there were less accidents the doctors actually cared and didn't charge ridiculus amounts that no one in the district would ever even dream of being able to afford. After we got moved, things got worse."

Doctors going down into the mine? She almost laughed at that. That'd be the day. But really, you'd think they would, but, nope. "They don't care about us enough. We're really just expendables to the Capitol. The district that 's known for coal, which is pretty much only used in district 12, if you're lucky."

--------------------
user posted image
[PM] [EMAIL]
^
Poe Gaertner
 Posted: Sep 26 2011, 11:50 PM
[QUOTE]
Student, Model
Female
5'3"
120 LBS
District Eight

Gem

Poe smeared a stripe of the berry juice going straight up her forehead, parallel to the lines now on her cheeks. She paused to pick off a piece of the berry’s skin that had clung to her own skin and flick it to the side.

District Twelve was a fairly useless district. Occasionally people used coal, but she bet money that no one used coal in the Capitol. Of course, she’d never see the Capitol unless she went to the Hunger Games, and she doubted that would happen since she never took out any extra tessarae; the odds stacked against the chance of going didn’t bother her at all. It was only Day Two in the Hunger Games, and already the female tribute from her district was out.

Not that it matters on what day they die, she reminded herself. They all will eventually, and it will all be brutal.

It was a somber thought, but considering the direction of the conversation, things were looking a little grim. Poe decided she ought to turn things around and make the exchange of words a little more worthwhile than story time in District Twelve.

“You believe in ghosts?” she asked.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Natalia Vladimorvna
 Posted: Sep 27 2011, 08:19 AM
[QUOTE]
N/A
Female
5' 7"
115 LBS
N/A

Ryea

Natalia reached down into her boot and pulled out her knife. Without thinking she picked a random tree and threw it. It went right where she wanted it to go. Too bad none of the district twelve tributes could do something like that. No, this years female tribute was deaf in one ear, and the male tribute..... Not that it really mattered. The point was that they'd been killed the very first day. It didn't really surprise her.

She nodded when Poe asked if she believed in ghosts, "I do. It's kind of hard not to though, when you're constantly hearing stories about things happening down in the mines. Like, right before we got moved, an entire section of mine collapsed, but none of the miners got hurt, because they saw this floating lantern I think it was, the object changed everytime one of the miners told it, and followed it to safety."

--------------------
user posted image
[PM] [EMAIL]
^
Poe Gaertner
 Posted: Sep 27 2011, 09:35 AM
[QUOTE]
Student, Model
Female
5'3"
120 LBS
District Eight

Gem

Poe didn’t know what the whole knife throwing was for, though it was very clear the girl just lost her weapon when it was important to keep it on oneself. Whatever.

Turning away from the knife and back to the girl, Poe raised an eyebrow.

“Sounds like an urban legend to me,” she said. “A lot of ghost stories are. I guess everyone wonders where people go when they die. But I can tell you that some of them are not false—there are spirits around us, and deeper in the forest.”

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES