• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» Miss You All - Perhaps Something Can Come of This?
Dr. Gemgebralth Taylor
 Posted: Dec 4 2016, 05:23 PM
[QUOTE]
Dungeon Master
Male
5'9"
x LBS
Capitol
2-November 10 • 30249 Moneys

Gem

Wow. It's been awhile since I posted. I come back here routinely to check on things and to watch the cbox, and it seems that lately we've had a few people pop in, so I wanted to say hello to all of you, and hello to those who haven't posted in the cbox, too.

It's been almost 2 years since I've closed Sixth Station, and I miss RPing with you all. I've had an idea for a HG-inspired RP site, and I wanted to see if it's something you guys might be interested in. I'll be brutally honest: I don't have tons of time. But I do have some inspiration, so I was thinking of setting up a site that didn't require a lot of admin intervention (not like the traditional HG, ho ho, thank you very much) where we could all play together. If it works out, I might even open it to the general public.

The gist of the site is that there is a laboratory that abducts people and puts them into an arena-like area to survive, and then it measures and assesses their skills. The "tributes" can be of all ages. The primary purpose is not to be the last person standing, but just to write a good story. While character death is of course a possibility, characters can eventually leave the "arena." Unlike a HG RP, it would be a continual plot, so people could join at any time, and we wouldn't be so strict on certain aspects of the site.

The site would use HP and a simplified fighting system. There would also be something called "Victory Points" which would determine if and when your character makes it out. You gain VP for being active, for doing certain things in character, for winning fights, etc., and you lose VP for running away from fights, for not being active, etc. Once you get a certain number of VP, your character leaves the "arena."

It would need a lot of help to get rolling, mostly in terms of ideas. What world do these people come from? What does the "arena" look like? How do we keep things engaging?

If this sounds interesting to you, please let me know and we can make it a reality. You can always catch me on skype. If you don't know my skype, please PM me (since I won't release it in a public forum such as this one).

I hope you all are doing well!

--------------------
[PM] [EMAIL]
^
+Leon
 Posted: Dec 4 2016, 06:16 PM
[QUOTE]
Professional Badass
Male
5'4"
Average LBS
District One
20-September 11 • 1450 Moneys

Leon

Hello, guys! Long time no speak. Hope you're all well.

I'd definitely be interested in the site. Am I right in thinking its a separate universe from this forum? So none of our previous characters exist in it? Also as I said in my PM I would be happy to be a staff member again if you'll have me.

EDIT: I'm not very good with ideas, so I'll let other people focus on that. Maybe the 'arena' is a run down/deserted/destroyed version of their current city/town. Meh. Probably a crap idea. biggrin.gif

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
[PM] [MSN]
^
+Meadowlark
 Posted: Dec 4 2016, 06:45 PM
[QUOTE]
Bus Driver
Female
N/A
N/A LBS
District Twelve
9-September 11 • 2530 Moneys

Meadowlark

I would 1000% love this idea! And if you need help let me know! My hours are a bit restricted due to work, but I have skype on my phone (Technology has finally forced its way into my life) so I can chat about ideas/help out there as well.

What I am getting from this is technically not the same AU at all, and maybe if it is Hunger Games it is so far in the future they only have vague remnants and names for some things that are the same. (maybe I am way off the mark?)

Anyways I really miss writing with you all, let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
[PM]
^
Marr
 Posted: Dec 4 2016, 07:02 PM
[QUOTE]
The Imaginator
Female
Short
N/A LBS
District Seven
25-May 13 • 5 Moneys

Marr

I'm completely into this idea. I have all the creativity in the world to come up with ideas for you and any need you are... well, needing. I will be willing to step up to do whatever you need to get this site rolling. I have available times in the evenings. I work super early and sometimes anywhere rom 40-50 hours a week and currently undergoing a possible career change. But I'm always on the phone. Skype or Snapchat, for those that want to keep in touch!

I am really excited about this "... just to write a good story" aspect of the site. An older audience to draw in other mature audiences. I look forward to rejoining this who shindig and get this going.

I'm so excited!

-Marr
[PM]
^
Dr. Gemgebralth Taylor
 Posted: Dec 4 2016, 07:22 PM
[QUOTE]
Dungeon Master
Male
5'9"
x LBS
Capitol

Gem

Yes-uh! Interest!

Leon, this isn't a continuation of Sixth Station. All of us will remember this site fondly, of course, but it's time is done. The new site will be on a separate forum and have no plot connection to this one. Thus you can remake old characters to fit that setting, or make up new ones. I am thinking of it being in the near future of our RL world.

--------------------
[PM] [EMAIL]
^
Wren
 Posted: Dec 4 2016, 08:13 PM
[QUOTE]
n/a
n/a
N/A
N/A LBS
n/a
27-November 14 • 40 Moneys

Wren

I'm interested! Keep me in the loop!
[PM]
^
Bette
 Posted: Dec 5 2016, 06:02 AM
[QUOTE]
Professional Derp
n/a
4'11
Something LBS
n/a
3-December 13 • 15 Moneys

Bette

I am totally down for this!

--------------------
Alayne x Mathyas x Tyene x Kyte

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Terezija x Zinc
[PM]
^
Mads
 Posted: Dec 5 2016, 10:13 AM
[QUOTE]
Resident Procrastinator
Female
5'6"
Uhh LBS
District Four
14-October 11 • 5 Moneys

Mads

I'm totally down for it! I'm a full-time university student now (winter term will be 16 credit hours... RIP me), as well as volunteering and communicating to school (it takes me like an hour and a half to get to school every day, it sucks). But I'm totally willing to make the free time to participate in the new forum. I'm on my laptop and phone a lot, so I can always be reached on skype or PM! It'd be a nice change to the writing I've been doing lately, which is you know... mostly 10-15 page research papers because that is the life of a history major.

--------------------
DIGGER

Click picture for profile
CLICK FOR PLOTTER
●●Inda forever●●

user posted image
user posted image
user posted imageuser posted image
[PM]
^
Raymee Paesar
 Posted: Dec 5 2016, 12:09 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'8"
157 LBS
District Five
30-August 14 • 20 Moneys

RC

I am in.

Please PM me your Skype so we can stay in contact. I would absolutely love to write in a plot like that. I appreciate how much it will focus on writing rather than winning and competing.

I really regret not having RPed in Sixth Station.
[PM]
^
Bridge
 Posted: Dec 5 2016, 12:43 PM
[QUOTE]
Trollffessional Troll
Female
Cat
Meow LBS
n/a
14-May 12 • 150 Moneys

Bridge

I am so in. O lawdy am I ever. I as most of us don't have a lot of free time, but I'm willing to use it to write with everyone.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Jennifer
 Posted: Dec 5 2016, 01:26 PM
[QUOTE]
n/a
Female
n/a
n/a LBS
n/a
17-September 12 • 40 Moneys

Jennifer

I'm in too happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Patsy
 Posted: Dec 5 2016, 02:03 PM
[QUOTE]
Cbox serial killer
Female
N/A
N/A LBS
n/a
7-April 12 • 630 Moneys

Patsy

I'm in! Im going to try my very best to be active. I've only just started working full time as a teacher to 1st and 2nd graders.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Sig made by Kassi <3

user posted image
[PM]
^
+ Marc
 Posted: Dec 5 2016, 10:21 PM
[QUOTE]
Designer :3
n/a
5'7
Ermagerd LBS
District Eight
11-November 13 • 125 Moneys

Marc

Oh my! So I know I disappeared before the site closed down.. Sorry about that my dudes. If you remember me, is Marc, hi! xD But this honestly sounds so cool. And It would be nice to talk to my old family again smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
[PM]
^
Dr. Gemgebralth Taylor
 Posted: Dec 6 2016, 12:21 PM
[QUOTE]
Dungeon Master
Male
5'9"
x LBS
Capitol

Gem

Eleven people in this thread, and there are a few more I've spoken with who have forgotten their usernames or haven't had an opportunity to post here. There is significant interest in this expedition, and it's a pleasant surprise. Unfortunately i don't have much to offer you in the way of a shiny, complete site, but I would like to give you what I have. Everyone welcome to join with an out of character account and participate until we get things rolling. I wasn't expecting this much interest, so I'm not as prepared as I'd like to be.

And on that note, I have to fix a few more things up before I give you the link, so check back here tonight (Merica time).

--------------------
[PM] [EMAIL]
^
Dr. Gemgebralth Taylor
 Posted: Dec 6 2016, 06:57 PM
[QUOTE]
Dungeon Master
Male
5'9"
x LBS
Capitol

Gem

So here is where we stand:

I am enthusiastic about the fact that we have so many people interested in the site, and because I want to fulfill people's excited dreams, I'm going to post the site link. The site is not completed. You will not even find roleplaying areas or out of character areas or anything like that. Instead you will find a single forum with a whole crap-ton of threads where you can read and reply to your heart's content.

Yes, you are welcome to join in on brainstorming. Every member who contributes in a significant and helpful manner will have his/her name in the board credits to thank you for your hard work.

Before you get too carried away with reading, please create an OoC account using your desired nickname on the new site. No character accounts are allowed at this time. As some of you might know, we are making the site for people over 18 years of age. If you are under the age of 18 but were an active member of Sixth Station, please contact me before registering if I have not contacted you first. If you are under the age of 18 but you were not an active member of Sixth Station, you may not join the site at this time. If you are over 18 but you were not an active member of Sixth Station, you are more than welcome to join the site at this time. One of the reasons I encourage people to register now is so that we can have a good list of people for me to keep in touch with over e-mail so that I'm not e-mailing everyone on Sixth Station.

On the new site, in addition to brainstorming the overall board, you can start throwing around ideas for characters. Please interact with your fellow members and get to know everyone. But also bear in mind that we mustn't become too cliquish, so keep an open mind for new members of the future who weren't a part of Sixth Station.

The new site is called Blue Windows and is located here. But before you go rummaging around the board, please read this thread first and this thread second. Failure to do so will just end in confusion. Thank you for your patience during this time, and I hope that we are able to have a fun on Blue Windows.

--------------------
[PM] [EMAIL]
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES