• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» familiar faces, tag; cord
Claire Gryffen
 Posted: Mar 16 2011, 12:32 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
25-February 11 • 315 Moneys

Fading

After not-so-carefully washing her hands in the public restrooms, Claire walked shyly into the dining hall of the centre. She immediately started to stress because of all the people. She could handle some people, but not this many, and most of them unknown to her. She went cautiously into the line, and tried to concentrate on how the steam tables were powered instead of all the people. At the end of the line, she had somehow received a tray with a plate of spaghetti, pink lemonade, and a cookie.

Now came the stressful part: finding a place to sit. She walked quickly towards an area which had a window. That at least would make her feel less cramped. She found the biggest window in the area and made for the table right under it. Unfortunately, as she came towards it, there was someone already sitting there. Claire needed a seat near a window.

She glanced at the girl sitting there. A spark of recognition lit her eyes. She knew her from somewhere. Oh, she lived in her district. Maybe...maybe she wouldn't mind if she sat at the table too. There were eight seats, and none of them were occupied except hers. So Claire slid into a seat as far away as possible, feeling a little relieved. She had found a seat, a seat that wasn't too crowded, and with someone she felt slightly familiar with.

Now, she could eat in peace...
[PM]
^
Cordelia Abernathy
 Posted: Mar 17 2011, 06:20 AM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
14-March 11 • 0 Moneys

M

Cord had been digging at her plate, stirring the food around instead of eating it. It was fine enough. Far better than she got in District 12 actually...but still.

She'd ran into her Uncle this morning and he had been in the throes of detox and had been a hateful beast. Cord had made a break for it, dodging him and slipping through the crowds with ease. Let him find her now.

She looked up, sensing a presence at the table and after a second she registered the other girl. District 12 too...Claire something. She didn't know her well but it was a relief of sorts to see that she was here.

Taking a bite of her food and chewing it thoughtfully, she washed it down with some water before deciding to try and make friends.

"Hey, I think we have math together?" she said, trying to make conversation. Cord could have cared less for math, but she was fairly certain Claire was in that one.

She pushed some greens across her plate and wished for the park back home. She could have gone for some wild raspberries.

--------------------
“I learned that the richness of life is found in adventure. It develops self-reliance and independence. Life then teems with excitement. There is stagnation only in security.
~William Orville Douglas
[PM]
^
Claire Gryffen
 Posted: Mar 17 2011, 12:57 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A

Fading

She hadn't eaten much, Claire noted. Biological processes are all messed up during natural disasters, and Claire knew this. She thought back to her own food and started eating. She wasn't used to the richness of the food though, and took little bites. She realized she might as well gorge herself, considering all this food would vanish when the flood receded. But she couldn't bring herself to.

"Hey, I think we have math together?"

Claire's head shot up. Her eyes widened and she prepared to say, "No, I don't know you." But her head cleared and she remembered she did know her, and she was in her math class.

"Um, yeah." She attempted to smile. "Math is a killer." She started spinning a thick wad of spaghetti on her fork.
[PM]
^
Cordelia Abernathy
 Posted: Mar 21 2011, 06:38 AM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
14-March 11 • 0 Moneys

M

The girl wasn't talkative and Cord was a little disappointed. She wanted to make a friend, she was tired of being bored. And better yet, this friend was one she could talk to back home even.

"Doesn't the food surprise you? I thought it would be better since it's provided by the Capitol but it's rationed and...kinda bland."

She was drawing at straws but she wanted to keep the conversation going. Soon enough there would be another round of Games. She'd like to keep her mind off of it, especially since she'd been drawing tesserae...

"D'you think District 12 is flooded? she asked, wanting to talk about home. Even though home was sometimes a crappy place to live, it was her crappy place to live. She missed it.

--------------------
“I learned that the richness of life is found in adventure. It develops self-reliance and independence. Life then teems with excitement. There is stagnation only in security.
~William Orville Douglas
[PM]
^
Claire Gryffen
 Posted: Mar 21 2011, 07:13 AM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A

Fading

Claire didn't think the food was bland; in fact, it was a lot better than she usually got. Maybe her family came from a higher class of citizens, or maybe she was just putting on airs. Or maybe it was just the expectation of something better. Claire didn't know; all she knew was that she liked the food. Before she could say so, the girl asked, "Do you think District Twelve is flooded?"

Claire nodded. She said, "I was one of the last to leave...and the water was up to my ankles." She ate her bite of spaghetti, and felt like devouring the food now, immediately. But she didn't want to be uncivilized here, even though the food was right in front of her. So she settled for eating quickly, and trying not to get sauce all over her face.
[PM]
^
Cordelia Abernathy
 Posted: Mar 21 2011, 12:41 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
14-March 11 • 0 Moneys

M

The part about the flooding made Cord furrow her brow and shove more food around her plate. So there was flooding....hm...

"That's no good, I'm guessing it's going to kill off all my plants--I help Molly, the apothecary, gather them....and no plants means no money. At least we're all safe, I guess..." she said kind of glumly.

"I'm Cordelia, by the way. You're Claire right?" She hoped she hadn't got the other D12 girl's name wrong. Not like it mattered if she did, but she was trying to be polite. Even District 12 people could have manners.

Finally taking a bite of her food, Cord frowned. The noodles were getting cold and gummy. Ew.

--------------------
~William Orville Douglas
[PM]
^
Claire Gryffen
 Posted: Mar 21 2011, 12:48 PM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A

Fading

She wasn't eating, yet again, and Claire slowed her pace a little, not wanting to appear rude. She wiped her mouth on her grimy coat sleeve and listened as the girl talked about dying plants. Claire frowned. She said quietly, "I thought plants liked water..." But it wasn't her place to judge; she only knew about mechanical junk.

Cordelia. That was her name, but most people called her Cord, if she remembered correctly. Yeah, because Cord rang a bell where Cordelia did not. And she smiled when Cord remembered her name. Most people didn't.

"Yeah...that's me."

Me. But who was she really? The truth made her upset--a nobody from Twelve, the only thing special about her being the scars on her hands and her working knowledge of machinery. What was so special about Claire? Claire decided this was why she didn't like social things--she wasn't special at all; she had nothing noteworthy to say.

She stabbed a strawberry on her plate. Seemingly startled by her own anger, she dropped the fork.
[PM]
^
Cordelia Abernathy
 Posted: Mar 22 2011, 04:21 AM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
14-March 11 • 0 Moneys

M

Cord raised an eyebrow as the other girl stabbed at her plate. She seemed mad, but Cord wasn't sure why. Maybe she was unhappy with the Evac Center? Or maybe it was the upcoming games...

"S'what do you think about the upcoming Games," Cord asked in a hushed voice. Her own thoughts on it weren't the greatest but she knew better than to speak too freely in public.

She wasn't ready to die, she was only 16. Two more years after this one of being in the Reaping...ugh. She just wanted to grow up and get away from her Uncle and work for Molly, not fight to the death.

--------------------
~William Orville Douglas
[PM]
^
Claire Gryffen
 Posted: Mar 22 2011, 07:19 AM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A

Fading

The Games. A favorite topic of conversation. For some reason, it scared her. Not because of the threat of death, but because she wasn't sure she was good enough. She had never been good enough. She looked up and said, "I don't know. I've taken a lot of tessarae since I was twelve. I just--I hope I don't get picked." She picked up her fork and twirled it around on her plate.

"What about you?" She looked down at the scars on her hands. If she was in the Games, she would say she killed a rabid fox with her bare hands--not that she got acid burns and metal cuts. Sometimes, she wished she could do things she knew were impossible.
[PM]
^
Cordelia Abernathy
 Posted: Mar 25 2011, 04:11 AM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
14-March 11 • 0 Moneys

M

District 12 didn't usually go volunteering for slaughter and Claire was no different from Cord.

"I take out a lot too, and I don't want to go...but if I get reaped I'll fight hard." she assured Claire.

Cord had dealt with a lot of things in her short life so far. She didn't expect she'd win the Games, but she'd put up a fight. And maybe if...when...she died her parents would be waiting for her with open arms on the 'other side'...if there was an 'other side.'

She liked to think there was something beyond all this. The only thing beyond District 12 was nothingness...maybe a great, empty world that used to be full...

"But, I mean, what are our odds," she said reassuringly. There were plenty of other people in District 12.

--------------------
~William Orville Douglas
[PM]
^
Claire Gryffen
 Posted: Mar 25 2011, 04:42 AM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A

Fading

Claire would fight hard if she got reaped. Cord wasn't that different. Claire wasn't going to accept even an inevitable fate. She would fight whatever forces shaped her, the blueprint of life that she'd never understand. In so many ways, life was a machine--prefabricated, something she couldn't change. Could she fight something like that?

Claire chuckled. "Yeah. What are the odds." She hoped Cord didn't notice when she tapped her knuckles lightly on the wooden table. Best be safe and knock on wood.
[PM]
^
Cordelia Abernathy
 Posted: Mar 28 2011, 07:16 AM
[QUOTE]
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A LBS
N/A
14-March 11 • 0 Moneys

M

Cord finally dug into her food. Despite her disdain for it, her hunger won out. She continued to eat though, and stayed quiet for a few minutes.

"First this flood and then the Games, seems we have worse luck than usual. I just want to be 19 and have this whole thing over with. Then we'll be real adults, we can do what we want."

Being 16 didn't stop Cord from doing what she wanted, but she was technically Uncle Jack's problem until then...and she could be reaped at any time. This Hunger Games was for the President's daughter's entertainment. He could do whatever he wanted to them, whenever...until she was 19...

That day couldn't come fast enough!

--------------------
~William Orville Douglas
[PM]
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES