• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» not what you think;, [krieger]
Bolt Arcadia
 Posted: May 6 2012, 09:15 AM
[QUOTE]
Physician
Male
5'11"
172 LBS
District Ten
31-December 11 • 1070 Moneys

Ellie

Bolt had to peel his eyes away from the TV. He had only ever watched the Games so religiously once before in his life--when his brother was in them. Since then, he'd watched when it was required, or when the kids were watching--letting them watch those horrors alone was something he couldn't do. But these Games, he'd been more obsessed than the kids. He felt...somehow responsible for the kid from Ten, the one he'd had to tell he had cancer, and as a result, he couldn't keep away from the Games coverage for long. He had it on in the office, which was utterly out of the ordinary, and the TV was constantly on in the living room, which he was pretty sure was pissing his wife off. Dangerous ground, he knew. But he couldn't stop watching.

Until the morning of the fourth day, that is. The bloodshed had increased exponentially--it wasn't just about survival anymore. Something seemed to have clicked in the heads of all the tributes, and every time someone made a hit, another picture-in-picture shot on the screen appeared, depicting a fight halfway across the arena on a different island. The kids from Twelve. The girls from Two and Four. The boy from One and the other from Ten.

It was after the blood was drawn in that last fight, and after the commentators had thoroughly analyzed all the wounds (and after Bolt had made his own analyses), that he realized he needed to look away. He needed to breathe for a little while, because he hadn't been. His fingers itched the pick up the phone and call Twist, but he'd already bothered his brother enough in the Capitol these Games. He just had to get a handle on himself; if this was how he was going to react when a kid he knew was in the Games, he didn't even want to imagine what would happen if one of his own were--

No. He pushed that thought firmly from his mind and got up, yanking open the front door and standing out on the front stoop of his brother's Victor mansion, letting the cold March air hit him in the face. It felt good. But not good enough. He fumbled in his pocket for the tissue-wrapped pill he knew was there, popping it into his mouth and swallowing hard; he relaxed almost instantly, just from knowing that soon, the medication would do the relaxing for him.

Bolt leaned back against the front door and sighed; no use going back in and watching the replays right now. It would only stress him out more. He watched the streets of the Victors' Village, strangely quiet now that all the Victors were in the Capitol. His own kids were nowhere to be found, either hiding in the basement training or out with friends. The whole place was practically abandoned--except for, he noticed suddenly, the familiar white uniform of a Peacekeeper on duty rounding the corner down their block.

Bolt frowned as the Peacekeeper came closer. There was no reason to have the Village on patrol with all the Victors gone, but he had been noticing that there were a lot of Peacekeepers on patrol here lately. Or...well, always just one. But it was more often than he had ever seen the Peacekeepers around the Village; it was usually a quiet place, despite the fact that a bunch of bloodthirsty killers were its inhabitants.

As the man drew closer, Bolt pushed off from the door and wandered down towards the sidewalk. Once he caught a glimpse of the man's face...he looked familiar. Bolt had definitely seen this particular Peacekeeper around a lot lately--but why? Was there some sort of threat? Or was he just...new? He didn't look young enough to be new--but perhaps he'd just transferred from another district.

"Hey there," Bolt said, his tone friendly, hands shoved in his pockets. "Patrol on a Saturday, huh? At least it's quiet out here."

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks to Jimmy for the awesome set!!
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Krieger Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: May 6 2012, 10:22 AM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6ft 3in
207 LBS
District Ten
23-March 12 • 900 Moneys

Schro

Being a Peacekeeper had a number of perks: a nice house in a crappy district, a decent retirement plan, and the ability to make up laws as one pleased. Krieger appreciated the first, was neutral about the second, and didn't particularly think to exploit the third, though he was considering it because being forced to patrol while the Games were on ought to have been a crime. From what he'd last heard, the Games were suddenly heating up and the bloodshed had amplified over the last few hours and the former Career in him whined and cried that he was missing out. What if Orsino did something interesting? What if he got in a fight or killed someone? ...or what if the Careers from Two did something interesting too, but they were an afterthought.

Instead he trudged about town, looking as sullen as ever, though the streets were practically empty due to the compulsory Games viewings. No one would miss him if he were to, say, wander over to the Victor Village, which he had gotten into the habit of, though there was no one there to greet him.

Things were rather dull, admittedly, without Twist. The man had been a self-sustaining source for his vengeance and ire for years, but now occupied his thoughts in a considerably different manner. It was unfair that they'd had so little time together before the Victor had had to leave to mentor and though it hadn't even been two weeks, Krieger was feeling a bit lonely. Calling the man was fine and all, but it simply wasn't the same.

So he wandered through the Victor Village, eyeing the home he'd been in repeatedly for a moment. What he hadn't expected was for anyone to come out and greet him and it was all the Peacekeeper could do to sit still and keep a straight face without running off, because there was no doubt that would have looked even stranger than the fact that he passed through here, well, just about every day, sometimes multiple times a day.

He already knew this had to be Bolt, Twist's brother. He knew of him, had seen pictures of him, but had never actually talked to him - heck, he'd never talked to anyone in that family besides Twist. He knew the man wasn't keeping him a secret; it was just a matter that he hadn't been introduced yet.

"Hello yourself," Krieger responded warmly enough. He chuckled at the remark on patrolling on Sundays - Peacekeepers didn't get breaks, not really. "Crime never sleeps, or something like that. The streets are empty though so work is easy. Something the matter or are you just saying hello?" More than anything he hoped he didn't sound defensive because the last thing he really needed was for Bolt to question his reasons for being here. He had wanted to wait until Twist formally introduced them to each other, but if it came down to it, he supposed it wouldn't be too bad to reveal who he was.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Bolt Arcadia
 Posted: May 6 2012, 12:57 PM
[QUOTE]
Physician
Male
5'11"
172 LBS
District Ten

Ellie

Bolt chuckled at the idea of crime rampant in the streets of the Victors' Village. Sure, there were dangers when a bunch of known murderers were living in close proximity...but he supposed he never really thought of his neighbors like that, much less his older brother. They were all so amiable, it was hard to imagine this particular group of Victors causing much ruckus.

"Yeah, it's been pretty quiet around here of late," he agreed, glancing around at the empty streets. If Twist were home, he'd probably be out in the garden at least, or messing around with the animals when the weather was nice. And Nelle was right next door, always popping by their house, and it was a lively enough place to be, when people were around. But now that it was just his family, his kids absorbed in training, his wife probably still pissed at him for his sudden obsession with the Games, it was...well, it was practically depressing.

He was a bit surprised by the man's question; something wrong? Well, there were a lot of things wrong that he could think of off the top of his head. But clearly, none of them were an emergent or urgent disturbance in the neighborhood. "No, no, nothing wrong," he assured the Peacekeeper. "Just, ah...needed a break from watching the Games. It's getting crazy, you know? And the wife isn't too appreciative of the, ah...constant coverage," he added sheepishly. That was probably putting it a bit lightly. If he forgot to do some errand or other for Zen again because he was watching the Games, he would probably be sleeping on the couch.

"Is there supposed to be some sort of...I don't know, threat or activity or something going on in the Village?" he asked curiously after a moment. "We're normally pretty low-key around here, but I've noticed they've been sending somebody around on patrol a lot more often lately. I've got kids," he explained quickly. "So just wondering if maybe I should keep a closer watch on them or something."

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Krieger Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: May 7 2012, 04:03 AM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6ft 3in
207 LBS
District Ten
23-March 12 • 900 Moneys

Schro

"I actually don't know," Krieger said with a disappointed sigh. "I'd probably have a better idea if I wasn't out of the range of televisions for most of the day. I swing by the station every so often for updates." Straightening up, he added with a note of pride, "And I'm actually cheering for Ten this year. That Orsino kid is pretty damn incredible, let me tell you."

Of course, now was not the time to wax poetic about what an unabashed fanboy he could be when it came to Ten's remaining Tribute. He needed an answer to Bolt's question regarding potential threats - how best to assuage the man without revealing himself? Something Twist had mentioned prior suddenly stuck out in the Peacekeeper's mind and he grasped for it.

"Ah, no need to worry. I was informed there had actually been a prior break-in in the area and I've been double checking to make sure the Village is secure as it ought to be."

That sounded considerably more professional than 'I'm moping and I miss your brother, who coincidentally hasn't introduced me to you, which is why I must look strange going by your home repeatedly over the course of the week.' Hands in his pockets, Krieger looked for a way out of this line of discussion which he somehow assumed could only go disastrously. After all, he hadn't even worked up the nerve to dispel the rumor going around at his workplace that suggested he was dating some saucy minx.

"But hey, have I missed anything important? I got to see up to a few hours past the Anthem. What have I missed, if you don't mind recapping for me?"

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Bolt Arcadia
 Posted: May 7 2012, 05:41 PM
[QUOTE]
Physician
Male
5'11"
172 LBS
District Ten

Ellie

Bolt chuckled at the man's seeming distress at not being able to watch the Games while on patrol. He understood what the guy meant--he, too, was rooting for his own district more than he had in over twenty years. The last time he had cared so much about the Games was because his brother was in them. "Yeah, I think we're all rooting for him," he said, running a hand through his hair. "He's a nice kid."

Bolt frowned, trying to remember a break-in...and then it dawned on him. The girl from the basement, their basement. She'd been after weapons or something like that...but that had been a while ago now. And he didn't even remember many Peacekeepers around right after it happened. It struck him as a little odd that they'd be coming around now, once things were clearly back to normal...but who was he to question the way Ten's security operated? And he couldn't exactly complain about more security.

He did, however, glance involuntarily over his shoulder, towards where the living room was, when the man asked him for a recap of the Games. The scene had probably changed by now; surely, they were on something besides recaps of the very brief fight between Orsino and the kid from One? It had been so quick, it wouldn't give them much to talk about.

"Lot of fighting this morning," he said. "Orsino attacked the boy from One, but that's over. The kids from Twelve got into it briefly, too, and the Career girls were still having at it the last time I checked, though the from Two--Ocean?--looked like she was taking it pretty hard."

He glanced over his shoulder again, almost anxious to go see if there was any update. The fights were happening so swiftly, the boy from Ten could be dead by now, for all they knew. He looked back at the Peacekeeper and issued the invitation almost without thinking about it; surely, if he'd considered first, he might have realized that the man was on duty, not just taking a stroll.

"Hey, you want to come watch for a bit? It's been going pretty fast this morning," he offered, nodding back towards the house.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Krieger Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: May 24 2012, 03:41 AM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6ft 3in
207 LBS
District Ten
23-March 12 • 900 Moneys

Schro

Krieger had to hope that his excuses were somewhat feasible and the way Bolt was frowning was making him increasingly nervous. Would it really be best to come clean? Though the invitation inside offered him a welcome relief in his anxious thoughts. Perhaps he could shirk work for just a bit to catch up on the Games. Those were important too, right? It was supposed to be compulsory viewing.

"Well if you don't mind, I'd really appreciate it. Kind of sucks to be stuck out here when there's all this excitement going on on television, you know?" he chuckled softly.

Now all he had to hope was that he wouldn't blatantly give away the fact that he had been in that home on more than one occasion, knew his way around perfectly, knew what the entire family looked like and even a number of the pets. If ever there was a time to be absent-minded about things he already knew, now would be a great time, but the Peacekeeper was practically certain he was going to let it slip at some point and that the good doctor would notice.

---
OOC: I AM... THE SLOWEST POSTER. I TOTALLY THOUGHT I HAD REPLIED TO THIS AT ONE POINT but apparently not and I am SO SORRY mog ;A; Since this is a prior Day and way back in time, I guess we can just focus on how Krieger knows the layout of the house wayyy too well? IDK I AM SO SORRY :'C -feels terrible-

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Bolt Arcadia
 Posted: May 29 2012, 08:31 AM
[QUOTE]
Physician
Male
5'11"
172 LBS
District Ten

Ellie

Bolt grinned and motioned back towards the house. "Yeah, come on in," he said. "It's the least I can do, since you're out keeping the neighborhood safe and all." Not that it wasn't a safe neighborhood, and especially now, with all the Victors gone--practically the only people running around were his own kids. They weren't all that dangerous, at least not yet.

He shoved open the door to the house and let Krieger in and glancing briefly around. Still nobody around; the kids must have been out or training, and perhaps Zen was distracted by...something. Something that was not yelling at Bolt for watching the Games still.

"Looks clear in here," he said jokingly as he closed the door behind the Peacekeeper. "Hopefully they're doing recaps by now, so we can see what else happened. Can I get you a drink or anything?"

Hahaha, no worries!! XD Do not fret! Bolt and Krieger shall have some awkward bonding and...yeah. And I think this is set on Day 4, during all the mandatory fights, so they can just like...talk about those, I guess. And Bolt can be weirded out by Krieger knowing where things are. XD

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Krieger Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: May 31 2012, 09:17 AM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6ft 3in
207 LBS
District Ten
23-March 12 • 900 Moneys

Schro

Krieger had already taken a few steps in the general direction of the kitchen before realizing his error, hurriedly amending it as best he could. "Some water would be great, thanks. You get really thirsty from standing around outside."

And now he had to pretend as if he was lost and confused in a house he'd seen the interior of on more than one occasion. Of course, the layout of the house had not been the main focus of his visits, certainly, but he'd seen a good portion of it. He could specifically remember being shown every door upstairs, that teasing voice...

He shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts. How weird would it look for a Peacekeeper to be staring off into space and blushing in a house he was supposed to have never been in before?

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Bolt Arcadia
 Posted: May 31 2012, 05:56 PM
[QUOTE]
Physician
Male
5'11"
172 LBS
District Ten

Ellie

Bolt nodded and then started towards the kitchen, only to realize the Peacekeeper was already on his way there. That was odd. He stopped, just as the other man stopped, his brow furrowing in confusion. It would't have been strange, if he had been following Bolt, but it had almost appeared to be the other way around. But then...perhaps he had been into other Victor mansions? They were all supposedly laid out the same.

Still. There were only so many Victors in Ten. How many of their houses had the man been into?

"Sure," he said, trying to sound casual. "I'll get it if you want to go watch. The, uh, living room is that way," he said, motioning vaguely to the left. The dining room and one of the offices were also 'that way'...he wondered if the man would find the correct room. It hadn't even occurred to him to try and test the man, until he'd already waved him off.

He started into the kitchen quickly, to avoid any questions. He rather wanted to see if the guy found the living room or not.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Krieger Gates-Arcadia
 Posted: Jun 8 2012, 06:27 AM
[QUOTE]
Peacekeeper
Male
6ft 3in
207 LBS
District Ten
23-March 12 • 900 Moneys

Schro

Krieger made a point of deliberately opening the door to the dining room, uttering a "Whoops" before shutting the door again, making it to the living room on his second try.

Bolt was a doctor - that had to mean he was intelligent, surely. And if he was an intelligent man, Krieger would have to be on his guard to make sure he made no more stupid slip-ups like the one he had just made.

Then again, he could just come clean: just tell Bolt that he was dating the man's brother and that he constantly strayed by the house out of a wishful desire for that man to come home sooner. If only he had the courage for that; he had yet to muster up the courage to out himself at work and this, while easier because it dealt directly with Twist's family and likely did not endanger his work at all, was still too difficult for him.

No, for now he would settle onto an armchair and just watch the Games.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Bolt Arcadia
 Posted: Jun 10 2012, 06:56 PM
[QUOTE]
Physician
Male
5'11"
172 LBS
District Ten

Ellie

As Bolt filled a couple of glasses with water, he heard a door open and instinctively shut off the faucet to listen. He heard the man exclaim his error, and his morbid curiosity was satisfied. He was just being paranoid, he supposed, because of the Games, all the Reapings that were still to come, and the fights that would surely be happening that day. He finished filling up the glasses and headed back out into the hallway.

The Peacekeeper wasn't there, so Bolt assumed he had eventually found the living room. He walked in to see the man settling in and smiled, handing him a glass of water and setting his own on the table next to the couch.

"Anything big happen?" he asked as he sat down, glancing at the screen. The blue-haired commentator was chatting away, but about what? He was suddenly worried the fight had begun again, but surely, if it was something that important, there would be a little more urgency in the man's voice?

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES