• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» the sounds of the seas, tag; Mercurius/Tony
Elijah Juniper
 Posted: Dec 15 2013, 11:06 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'5"
110 LBS
District Seven
12-September 13 • 85 Moneys

Julia

Elijah liked District Four simply because he'd always loved the beach. On one end, there was the lonelyness you could find anywhere in Four really, and on the other end, there were tons of people along the coastline to talk to or just to be a part of the crowd. Today, Elijah felt like being lonely, although he thought he would maybe visit he piers lateron today. First, he'd bring his favorite hobby into practise, a hobby he adored as much as he was ashamed of it. It wasn't exactly a very 'manly' hobby, or, at least, that was what Elijah thought. None of his friends knew about it, and he liked to keep it that way. They already made fun of him being not as tough and cool as most of them, and Elijah was sure it'd only get worse if he'd ever tell them. That was also a reason why he loved District Four. You could, if you found a lonely spot, sing like you were the only person excisting in the entire world. And sometimes, Elijah just felt like doing that.

Elijah sat down along the coastline as his eyes watched the sea moving back and forth continuously without ever stopping or failing to meet expectations. Elijah started by singing a scale from high to low and back, and then softly started singing one of his favorite songs, one he adored to sing and wasn't to hard. Because Elijah couldn't often practise, this was one of a few songs he really was good at singing. As the song progressed, moved towards the bridge and end, Elijah started singing louder and louder, almost sure of the fact that there was nobody around to bother him while he was singing anyway. However, it could very much be that Elijah was wrong about that.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Ryea for the awesome graphics!
[PM]
^
Mercurius Bellomi
 Posted: Dec 15 2013, 11:19 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'11"
138 LBS
District Four
14-December 13 • 405 Moneys

Tony

Mercurius was excited to get away from home. He would get time to think about what he wants to do. He's sixteen after all. Wouldn't a "real career" be ever-so-confident that they would plan to win the Hunger Games, get married, have kids, and live "Happily Ever After?" This is what is thoughts were supposed to be. But the truth was, Mercurius was afraid of the Reaping. Yes, he's a Career. But that doesn't mean a thing. From what he's seen, someone from Twelve could easily win a fight against someone from One, Two, or Four. If they were thinking correctly of course. What would happen if he were to be Reaped next time? Would someone volunteer for him? Would he faint in despair? Who knows.

In the midst of Merc's thinking, he begins hearing a sound. Not just any sound, this is some like his mother would call "Very particular, Mercurius." It was like a bird. But not like annoying birds that wake you up when you go to sleep. But a bird that have a conversation with you when you stare at the trees. Merc looked down at the sand, and saw footprints. He followed them, and the sounds go louder as he got closer to the source.

He reached a point where he could hear it clearly. He moved some shrubs out of the way, and "Singing!" he exlaimed. The singer could most likely hear him. Of course it felt like they didn't want to be bothered, so he hid in the grass and bushes, so they couldn't see him, but most likely, they could.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

/*Button & "Defying Gravity" Set By Me.
------------
user posted image
This Signature Is By MARC*/ user posted image
[PM]
^
Elijah Juniper
 Posted: Dec 24 2013, 07:03 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'5"
110 LBS
District Seven

Julia

Elijah hadn't at all heard the visitor coming, hadn't at all realised he wasn't alone anymore until the person said, loud enough for Elijah to very clearly hear, singing! as though he only heard a person sing for the first time. Elijah immediately shut up, breaking off in the middle of his sentence. Crap. Oh, crap. Someone had noticed him singing, something that'd never really been his intention. Elijah turned around to face the person, a guy, a little older than he was, unsuccesfully hid behind grass and bushes of some sorts. Elijah turned red from cheek to cheek like a tomato.

"I... I... didn't see you coming." was all Elijah could mutter as he looked at the boy, his eyes wide with the surprise. He was embarrassed. Really, truely embarrassed. There was no way he could turn back time and see the boy coming, and facing the boy didn't seem a good idea either. Elijah felt like a deer stuck inbetween the headlights of a train moving towards him in an incredibly fast pace without him having any chance to do something about it.

OOC: Sorry it took me so long!

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Mercurius Bellomi
 Posted: Dec 24 2013, 07:57 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'11"
138 LBS
District Four

Tony

Mercurius rose from the bushes slowly. "I didn't mean to startle you," he said. That sound was just, it could fill the Arena. It was just.. unworldly almost. Had he interrupted the boy? He wasn't trying to scare him or anything, if anything at all, he just wanted to listen. He never heard anything like it. "That was... What's your name?" he asked. He had to know. This boy needed to know how good he sounded.

-- OOC: No problem : D

This post has been edited by Mercurius Bellomi: Dec 24 2013, 07:57 AM

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Elijah Juniper
 Posted: Dec 29 2013, 05:32 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'5"
110 LBS
District Seven

Julia

The boy didn't say anything about his singing, yet. Didn't seem to want to laugh at him for being so girl-like, angelic almost while singing. His friends would laugh at him all the time, and so he'd long ago started to deny the ideas that he liked singing. It wasn't normal to like singing, when you were a guy. At least, that was what Elijah's friends had taught him early enough. And not that Elijah minded. He was just as happy all the same. So he smiled carefully at the boy he didn't know, who said he hadn't meant to startle Elijah. "I'm Elijah. I usually don't sing when, you know, people are around." he replied, smiling. Maybe the boy would be nice to him and say something about his singing Elijah hadn't heard before. At least his sisters seemed to like his singing when he walked inside the house whistling and humming and somethimes even singing or when he took one of them to the fields out in Seven to watch the sunset before going to bed, something he did so often, most of the time with his younger sisters, because they had time for it more often.

"What's your name?" he then asked in return, out of curiousity. He was still embarrassed, but it couldn't hurt to introduce theirselves and go their own ways after the boy had gotten a chance to laugh at him.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Mercurius Bellomi
 Posted: Dec 29 2013, 10:19 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'11"
138 LBS
District Four

Tony

Mercurius smiled at the boy. He was so excited. He had never heard anyone, well especially a boy, sing like that. "I'm Mercurius, most people just call me Merc. You should sing more, it seems like something you're good at." he replied. Singing was a very rare gift, more in boys, and since Elijah had it, he could do something with it. Mercurius wish he had some kind of gift, maybe he'd find one.. Someday. "How long have you been singing like that?" he asked.

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Elijah Juniper
 Posted: Jan 19 2014, 10:41 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'5"
110 LBS
District Seven

Julia

It seems like something you're good at. The boy said, and Elijah wasn't even sure what to think. Was Mercurius, as he was called, being sarastic? Was he trying to trick Elijah, was he going to laugh as soon as Elijah answered his next question, his friends appearing from behind a bush? Elijah hardly knew what to say to the compliment the other boy gave him, and also didn't know what to believe. Was it really, truely meant or was the guy just joking around with him? Elijah couldn't figure out which one it was, and couldn't find a way to know either. If only he could read minds, that'd make his life a lot easier most of the time. The idea though, was ridiculous. But Elijah had to focuss. Answer. And not something stupid that the guy could laugh at.

"T-thank you. I guess." Elijah replied, stupidly. Then he shruggered in an attempt to look cool and careless like so many of his friends almost always did. "I don't know for how long I've been singing already. I guess I've never really decided to start either. It just came to me naturally." Elijah rambled, not realising what he was saying until after he'd spoken his words. Like Mercurius would care about his singing process. Elijah shot an insecure look at the other guy. Would he finally burst out into laughter now? Elijah wouldn't even be surprised if he did.

OOC: sorry for the wait, 'been busy

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Mercurius Bellomi
 Posted: Mar 24 2014, 11:10 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Male
5'11"
138 LBS
District Four

Tony

Mercurius smiled at Elijah. The boy seemed to almost be afraid of him, but for what? Mercurius does come off as a little curious. Well it's in his name right? But maybe just a little too curious. Does he ask too many questions? Or maybe this just wasn't the right time. They were outdoors, was the boy embarassed of his gift?

"Anytime," Mercurius said. It just came to me naturally. Was what the boy said. "Any natural gift deserves to be cultivated just as if it were a flower. It did make its own food. Did it not?" Mercurius asked. Hopefully Merc's sense of using metaphors didn't freak out Elijah. This could be a new friend, hopefully.

OOC: Me too-- sorry!

This post has been edited by Mercurius Bellomi: Mar 24 2014, 11:10 AM

--------------------

user posted image

user posted image

------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES