• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» Pieces in Their Games, Tag: Danni/Zane
Tawny Borne
 Posted: Mar 2 2012, 11:18 PM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 86th Games
Female
5'9"
135 LBS
District Nine
2-March 12 • 315 Moneys

Rae

With tears rolling down her face, Tawny was woken up with a nightmare. His voice still rang in her head, that still soft thirteen year old voice that she loved so dearly, the only voice that brought her comfort through those horrible eight days.

I wish both of us could live, Tawny...

Dedrick. Her ally from District Eleven. The unusually tall thirteen year old who, instead of killing the girl who was attacked by the giant lizard and was crawling around to travel, bandaged her leg and brought her back to help. The one who was her ally for the last three days of the arena. The one who she liked. The one she liked to kiss on the cheek. The one who was killed by the Career.

Tawny flinched, remembering the terrifying drop from the tree, the pain she felt in her muscles after crashing down onto the husky Career, and, most of all, the warmth of his blood on her hands. She looked down at her hands, seeing nothing on her hands. She realized it was only her tears that brought on the warmth in her hands. Rubbing them on her bed sheets, she looked around her room to find the clock. Noon. She had slept in.

Then, something in the present sprung to memory. "Zane!" she shouted with a hoarse voice. She must have been screaming again. No matter, she thought as she rushed around her room to find something decent to wear to meet Zane at the district square during his break. Jeans, a jacket, and comfortable boots. That's all she needed. After all, she didn't need to impress Zane. They were friends.

She ran out of her house, not bothering to lock the door behind her since she was alone in the Victor's Village, and no one would bother going through the crazy victor's house. They probably assumed she had a vast collection of knives in her house, since that was her weapon of choice in the Games. In reality, that was the only weapon she even had the slightest clue on how to use.

Actually, come to think of it, they probably wouldn't break into her house because of her value to the Capitol. Yeah, sure, she's a victor and all of that good stuff, but ever since she hit eighteen, she was almost like a sex symbol in the Capitol. It frightened her sometimes, but as long as she didn't have to sell her body, Tawny was perfectly okay with being worshiped by people she didn't know.

It only took about ten minutes to reach the District Square, and just like she expected, Zane was where he said he would be. She smiled at him. He was one of the people who brought her sanity to her life. Zane understood what she had gone through in the arena. After all, he had lost his brother because of the Games, although they rarely spoke of the subject.

"Hi, Zane," she said, trying to conceal her raw voice, and gave him a gentle hug.

Outfit (I was bored.)

--------------------
user posted image
Thank you, Eva, for the set <3
[PM]
^
Zane Maddox
 Posted: Mar 3 2012, 08:29 PM
[QUOTE]
Food Technician
Male
6'2
193 LBS
District Nine
28-February 12 • 135 Moneys

Danni

user posted image
Zane tapped his fingers on the podium at the front of the restaurant, all though they were in one of the lower districts the family who owned this restaurant wanted it to look nice. He had worked here since he was fifteen helping out with his family while waiting, regrettably to be reaped. His years of waiting were filled with work and no training besides the physical fitness he kept up. His younger siblings were much the same in their physical fitness but they didn’t do much else besides stay in shape. Zane made sure to keep them all healthy while waiting for the worst thing in the world, getting reaped.

Of course he kept his brother fit enough that he last a bit longer in the games when he was reaped than his counterpart. Though he was a baby when he went into the games, a young twelve and managed to evade his killer for a bit of time. Zane had never let himself forget that he did not volunteer for his brother, but his brother had made him promise to stay with the family. Zane was one of those kids that kept his family safe to the best of his abilities, and only made promises when they were needed.

Zane came out of his thoughts quickly when someone tapped on the podium he was leaning on, “Yes can I help you?” He questioned almost immediately. The family that stood in front of him consisted of a mother, father, and daughter all with smiles.

”How long for a table of three?” The husband questioned.

Zane smiled, “No wait at all. Follow me.” He spoke before picking up the paper menus and heading over to one of the tables by a window. He set the menus down and waved for his coworker to come over, “They’re yours” He spoke, “Have a great night, enjoy” Zane nodded to the family before heading back to his position at the head of the restaurant. After arriving at the podium he leaned back on it sighing when another one of his coworkers popped up next to him telling him to go on break.

“Alright, I’ll be back in an hour” He murmured before picking up his sunglasses and heading to the back of the restaurant. Tawny tended to meet him during his hour long breaks so that he wasn’t alone, she was his best friend and had been for quite some time. She had been reaped into the games years before her brother was but she had won the whole thing, and at age twelve. He was only eight when she went into the games and couldn’t do much besides comfort her before she was taken. It was probably the second worst day in his life seeing his young friend get reaped.

Now they were both in their twenties and happily, or at least trying to be happy, living the lives they were dealt. Zane brushed through the back door of the restaurant before slipping his sunglasses on and heading over to the grassy area near it. He bent down to pick up colorful daisies that were growing in the little garden the daughter of the restaurants family had planted. The workers were allowed to take flowers when they grew large enough and today Zane was going to give Tawny some. He always tried to figure out ways to make her smile as he didn’t see it much anymore and he disliked it.

When he finished he walked over to where he told Tawny he would be and leaned on the wall picking anything not pretty off the flowers. Only a few minutes passed before Tawny came into view and bent in to give him a hug which he returned just as sweetly.

“Hey sweetheart. How are you today?” He questioned with a light smile flickering onto his lips, “You don’t sound too good. Not a good night?” Every time that Tawny had a bad night Zane could tell just by the way her voice cracked, or crumbled.

“Oh, these are for you” He spoke before reaching his hand out with the flowers. “Thought of you when I saw them. Gotta make that smile come out somehow” He chuckled.

Outfit

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Tawny Borne
 Posted: Mar 3 2012, 09:04 PM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 86th Games
Female
5'9"
135 LBS
District Nine
2-March 12 • 315 Moneys

Rae

While taking the flowers from Zane's hand -- colorful little flowers that reflected the complete opposite of her mood -- Tawny said, "I'm okay now. And yeah. Had another nightmare about Dedrick." She shrugged though. It was common knowledge that victors had nightmares: about their allies, about the people they killed, about how more children will die every year.

"Thanks for the flowers," she thanked him with a smile. They did, in fact, make her smile. Zane was one of the only people who made her smile. Her dog made her smile too, but since that wasn't a person...

Tawny shook her head gently. That was one of the personal side effects of the Games. She became lost in thought easily, too easily actually, and many people had to shout her name just for her to come back to the real world. But recently, she had been working on it. Just now her progress of coming back to the real life came into affect.

/OOC
Sorry for the short post. Maddy and I don't work well together. Not to blame her or anything. xD

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Zane Maddox
 Posted: Mar 3 2012, 09:24 PM
[QUOTE]
Food Technician
Male
6'2
193 LBS
District Nine

Danni

user posted image
Zane just wanted to sit and hug Tawny all day to make her feel better whenever he s aw her, he just didn’t like the people around him to be upset or mad. He was just the type of person to want to make people feel good no matter what it took; even sometimes his own happiness wasn’t as important as others. Tawny was one of those people that no matter how hard it was Zane would do anything for, just like his siblings. Tawny was his best friend but was also like family to him and after so many years she just fit somewhere in his heart.

“Oh, I’m sorry Tawny. Jeesh, they just don’t leave you alone… I wish I could help” He murmured with a slight frown on his lips. Hearing about her nightmares made Zane upset that he couldn’t help, those were just things that were out of his hands.

When she smiled after accepting his flowers Zane allowed the frown to curve upwards into a smile. When she was sad so was he and when she was happy he was as well, it was weird how in tune with her he was but then knowing each other for so long was probably what allowed that. “Glad you like them. Something in your life has to be bright, even more so than my smile yeah?” He joked with a chuckle in his voice. Zane was always cracking jokes to make people laugh, especially ones about himself whether they be stupid or true.

Zane had looked away for a few moments at some people who passed by and came back to a slightly blank Tawny, he waved his hand a little in front of her. “Hey, Tawny..” He murmured, “You okay there?” He questioned tilting his head to the side.

“Well, even if you’re not all here right now, do you want to do anything? Go for a walk possibly?” He questioned again motioning to the square. It was a nice day out for the usual weather and Zane was going to make the best of the sun when it was out.

“Its surprisingly not rainy today, which is awesome” He murmured, tilting his glasses down a bit to look at the girl in front of him.

Outfit

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Tawny Borne
 Posted: Mar 4 2012, 05:28 PM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 86th Games
Female
5'9"
135 LBS
District Nine
2-March 12 • 315 Moneys

Rae

Tawny laughed a little bit at herself. "I'm fine, I'm fine," she told him, waving her hand at the idea of being anything but fine. "I was just thinking about my puppy. And you help fight the nightmares in your own way." She smiled and imagined herself holding the little scruffy dog. It was cute thing she adopted from the Capitol, so naturally, it was well-groomed and trained already. It was just left behind by some poor owners.

"And yes, your smile is one of the brightest things in my life." She allowed herself to laugh a little at his expense, at his surprisingly white teeth and glistening smile. Her white teeth were partly thanks to the Capitol. The rest of the thanks belonged to a good toothbrush and some minty toothpaste her puppy loved.

Before replying, she looked at the sky. There were specks of bright blue in the sky, but there were scattered grey clouds. It was bound to rain that night, but during the day, it actually seemed like decent weather. So, nodding, Tawny replied, "A walk would be amazing."

Before walking, she French braided her hair and knitted the flowers throughout the braid.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Zane Maddox
 Posted: Mar 4 2012, 08:41 PM
[QUOTE]
Food Technician
Male
6'2
193 LBS
District Nine

Danni

user posted image
“You better be!” He chuckled and winked at her, whether or not she saw it was another story all together. His sunglasses were pretty dark in the sun, amazingly, usually sunglasses that one could buy were toy like. Zane had pooled all of the money he got for a month to be able to afford these sunglasses which had somehow made their way to the mayor, who gave them, even more nicely to a child in the district. That very child sold them to Zane who was more than happy to give another family a bit of money for something so materialistic. “Puppy, huh? I must meet this little thing. I hope he—er, or she makes you happy.” He chuckled again. “I do now do I? Well, that’s all I can ask for. Can’t have you all mopey, I don’t like it” He murmured with a gentle smile tugging at his lips.

Zane laughed this time a deep sound that most people were drawn to when they heard it, it was hearty and people tended to be nosy. “I do brush my teeth pretty good.” He spoke while pretend brushing his teeth with his pointer finger. “Kind of a habit you know?” He chuckled and stuck his tongue out playfully.

When she finally came back from her day dreaming and replied to him Zane smiled, “Well then let’s get going.” He murmured, but before he could step away she began to braid her hair. Zane leaned back on the wall and watched her as she did it, she was beautiful… and every time Zane watched her he just wanted to gather her up. He was sure she knew by now that he had feelings for her after so long but he didn’t want to ever act on them afraid of losing his best friend. “Gorgeous” He chuckled with another wink before heading out with her towards the center of the district square.

“So besides all of these horrendous nightmares how are you? Is that puppy treating you good?” He questioned while looking up towards the sky, and side glancing at her. “My training is going well; I’ll be a full food technician by next year.” He murmured. His training had begun the day he turned nineteen and was out of the way for the reaping, he needed a good job to help pull in more money for his family and to save for his own. Zane wanted to have a family, children and a wife, by the time he turned twenty five just as his parents had.

“My love life though? Nonexistent. Work has had me crazy, and so has training”

Outfit

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Tawny Borne
 Posted: Mar 4 2012, 09:35 PM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 86th Games
Female
5'9"
135 LBS
District Nine
2-March 12 • 315 Moneys

Rae

"Oh, my little Pippa's adorable. She makes me very happy." Tawny smiled up into the clouds. That little puppy! She was a life-saver. And then she laughed. Yes, she knew Zane hated it when she saw "mopey." He always told her how much he just wanted her to smile and laugh around him. Basically, sadness wasn't allowed, but he'd always let her vent and cry if she needed.

Then Tawny gave Zane a gentle push. "Zane, I'm glad you have finally upped the personal hygiene factor in your life," she teased. "The Capitol does wonders to teeth. All of those cavities I had? Gone. Like magic. And don't get me started on retainers and whiteners." Although her teeth weren't very crooked before the Games, her smile was much prettier now that her teeth were straighter.

When Tawny was finished with braiding her hair, she heard Zane tell her that her hair -- or was he talking about her? -- was gorgeous. Smiling softly at him, she said, "Thanks, Zane."

It was easy to figure out that Zane had feelings for Tawny. She knew it more than anything. When he developed these feelings for her, though, she had no idea. And she would always have a special place in her heart just for him, but romance in her life? It was unthinkable. Kids? Unthinkable. She couldn't stand the thought of children being reaped, so why would she want her own kids to go through that? It would be a death sentence to have kids. The Capitol loved victor children.

"Little Pippa fights all the monsters away," Tawny said with a hearty giggle. "She's not too scary; her bark is far more vicious than her bite. Once you get past the barking, she's a good cuddle buddy." Oh, how jealous Zane must be for that little puppy to cuddle with her. "And congratulations!" she exclaimed sincerely. Zane deserved the best, and a food technician in District Nine was the best.

A sarcastic laugh somehow escaped her lips. "Don't get me started about a love life. No one wants to be with a mentally scarred victor. Maybe for my money."

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Zane Maddox
 Posted: Mar 5 2012, 06:18 PM
[QUOTE]
Food Technician
Male
6'2
193 LBS
District Nine

Danni

user posted image
“Pippa, huh? Cute name for a puppy.” He chuckled, of all the names Zane could’ve thought that one probably fit with Tawny the best. Zane just wasn’t good at naming things, his “pet” squirrel’s name was squirrel just because he couldn’t decide on a name for it. Every single time his siblings brought home a pet they’d ask him to name it first just to see his reaction, which was always kind of funny. Even after years of them bringing home animals he still bugged out and left the house for awhile, and they all knew full well he’d never name the animal. When Zane had kids that’d be something his wife would have to do, names just weren’t his thing.

When Tawny pushed him and told him it was good he brought up his personal hygiene he laughed while fake falling over. He landed on the wall next to him and slid down a bit, “Oh, help I have fallen and can’t get up!” He cried in a joking voice. He couldn’t help but laugh though and hop back up after a few seconds, his comic relief was certain to gather attention from strangers but he didn’t much mind about that. “Well, you’re very lucky to have their help. Poor adults like me cant.” He poked at her with another chuckled, “Though I don’t mind much… it’s a part of my already strikingly good looks, and charm”. Zane couldn’t help it when he was with her, he could definitely be himself much more than he could while at work.

“Anytime” He uttered with a short smile, every time he gave her a complement he’d just play it off after. It was easy for him to do it now especially after so many years, it’s just something he’d learned from being rejected by others randomly. One time a girl asked him out then rejected him… it was a weird moment that he’d replay often in his mind.

Zane rolled his neck towards the left and reached up to rub the back of it, “Ugh.. Long hours, both training and working in the restaurant have me insane. When I get home I cook, and I clean… I don’t think I get a break very often besides this little hour long break we have” He murmured before yawning. “But, it’s enough of a break to keep me going. You’re not boring like some people I work with who put me to sleep every-single-time-they talk to me” He spoke nodding curtly with his lips thinning into a line while thinking about his boss.

“She does now doesn’t she?” He questioned his eyebrow slightly perking up on the left side, “That’s good then. She sounds pretty adorable just by the way you describe her. I’ll definitely have to swing by sometime to meet this little princess of yours” He chuckled. “Thanks, I just wish it could get done sooner. I’m ready to quit at the restaurant, they really don’t need me anymore, I’ve trained enough of the waiters and waitresses to stock my own restaurant. I’ll get more money too when I become a full food technician” He uttered looking at Tawny.

“Haha, well I think we’ll both just have to be on even ground th—Really Tawny? You can’t be totally serious with that?. Your gorgeous, any guy would be crazy to not want to be with you for you.” He stopped, turned and stared at her. “Don’t play that game with me missy!” He poked at her shoulder again with his other hand on his hip.

“You’re crazy just for thinking that!”

Outfit

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Tawny Borne
 Posted: Mar 5 2012, 06:56 PM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 86th Games
Female
5'9"
135 LBS
District Nine
2-March 12 • 315 Moneys

Rae

The dimples in Tawny's cheeks sank in because she smiled so much at Zane. "Hm... I recall someone saying that they would work on their egotistic outlook on life..." she teased. After she poked her tongue out at him, she added in a motherly, "No, it's okay, Zaney. You're the most handsome boy ever," and she pinched his cheek. She felt everyone's eyes on the two goof balls in the district square. After having all of Panem's eyes on her -- millions of eyes-- having twenty-five people didn't seem very bad.

"Yeah, you do look tired," she said after rolling his neck. She ran her thumb over the bags over his eyes, then she wrapped her arm around his waist like they did so often on his break times. "That's why you should come over tonight. I can make dinner while you can relax. Watch TV. Take pictures. Meet little Pip." Although she didn't like to flaunt all the cool gadgets in her house, Zane had the benefit. Whenever she invited him over, they would play around with the technology. One of their favorite things was a camera, something she never saw in District Nine except for the one they used to take wedding photos with. Pictures of her and Zane were everywhere around her ginormous house. "Plus we haven't really hung out in forever," she whined and pulled him tighter to her.

Then he stopped her in her tracks. Stood right in front of her. "Yeah, I am crazy," she agreed. "At least a little. Not as crazy as some of the tributes, but a little bit. You know how I am. I zone out in the middle of a conversation." Dropping her voice to a whisper, she added, "I have so much money, I don't know what to do with it! What man in his right mind wouldn't want that, Zane?"

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Zane Maddox
 Posted: Mar 5 2012, 07:24 PM
[QUOTE]
Food Technician
Male
6'2
193 LBS
District Nine

Danni

user posted image
Zane looked at Tawny a bit bashfully and fidgeted a bit in a big, fake way, “Well, I’ve tried but I’m just so handsome.” When he said this, his voice cracked in a way that signified attempting to not completely burst out laughing. Right as this happened though Tawny’s fingers were pinching his cheek and she was complementing him. “Alright, Alright.” He chuckled swatting at her hand playfully, “I’m the most handsome boy in the world. I know” Zane couldn’t help but laugh this time, patting his cheek where she pinched him. “Now I’m gonna have a red mark!” He cried playfully, rubbing at his cheek as he would if he grandmother had kissed him.

“Just a little” He murmured, scrunching his pointer finger and thumb together. Then when she mentioned him coming over to her house he couldn’t help but nod in agreement, “As much as I hate when you make food for me, because I feel bad… I’ll be there” He murmured. When he felt her wrap her arm around his waist he responded by placing his around her shoulders, squeezing her before loosening his grip. They were definitely quite the duo when they were in public and he was surprised people didn’t come up and congratulate them for being married or something.

“TV and pictures sound just as good as dinner to be honest. I’d love to take some more, gotta keep up our good looks for those you know? If people find us ugly they’ll…they’ll, well I don’t know because neither of us are…” He spoke tapping his chin in a thoughtful way. “It has, and I’d love to spend time with you” He murmured with a smile. When Tawny invited him over Zane never refused unless he had something like work to take care of but tonight he was free. Hanging out with Tawny was better than any other plans he could figure out within the next few hours of being at work, and taking pictures was definitely a plus.

The gadgets that Tawny had after becoming a victor were amazing and Zane loved seeing how some of them worked. The camera had been one of the first ones he had shown her and had absolutely fallen in love with it.

When she had finally responded to him stopping in his tracks and calling her crazy for thinking a man wouldn’t want her for her he listened, not responding until she finished. “Of course you’re a little crazy, but not as much as you think. You may zone out sometimes, and you may not all here all the time but that’s not gonna affect much.” He spoke, putting his hands on her shoulders. “I know that too, but there will always be someone out there who doesn’t think of that. Trust me.” He uttered, with a smile flickering onto his lips. Of course he wouldn’t straight out say that there was a man out there, and it was him because well… he just wouldn’t.

Zane wouldn’t care much about the money, he just cared for her but saying that out loud meant they’d have more awkwardness. Zane didn’t want the awkwardness because he just wanted their friendship to stay as rock solid as it was.

“Now you listen here, you don’t need a man anyways right now. You have Pippa, and me, and me hanging out at your house to take whacky pictures! And my family!” He chuckled and patted her on the head playfully before giving her a big, teddy bear like hug, SQUISH!.

Outfit

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Tawny Borne
 Posted: Mar 5 2012, 07:56 PM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 86th Games
Female
5'9"
135 LBS
District Nine
2-March 12 • 315 Moneys

Rae

"Good!" she shouted at him when he complained about having a red mark on his cheek. But she leaned over and kissed it sweetly. "There," she said, continuing with her motherly tone. "All better." Things like that was sure to lead Zane on, and there was no intention of that. It was just that kissing his cheek seemed like the most reasonable thing to do in that situation...

"What should I make for dinner?" she questioned out loud. "I'm thinking... macaroni and cheese with bacon. I can also bake some cheesy biscuit." Considering her victor talent was baking, Tawny's cheese biscuits were one of the best things on the face of the earth. And then when it was eaten with her macaroni and cheese? It was an explosion of cheesy flavor in anyone's mouth.

It was funny how Zane always bragged about his good looks, and he always complimented her on her looks. Admittedly, they would make a wonderful couple. They responded well to each other's emotions. It only made sense considering they had been friends forever. They also were honest with themselves. There were no secrets between them. Also, well... okay, they'd make beautiful children if it ever came down to that, but Tawny didn't think either of them would want to risk their friendship unless they were sure.

"I could always ask for another camera, one for you," she offered. "It's not like the Capitol couldn't spare a few hundred dollars. And if they do mind, hey! I have an unending amount of money for you too." Whenever holidays came around, she would shower Zane and his family with gifts. Typically, the younger ones would get toys. Zane would get clothes, sunglasses, shoes, watches... anything a man would wear. Cologne, too, because Tawny's best friend had to smell the way she liked, dammit. Tawny laughed to herself. And his mother was given beautiful jewelry.

If Tawny was able to wrap her arms around Zane, she would have, but since he was squeezing her so tightly, it was impossible to even move her arms. "A little bit too strong, Zane," she said breathlessly. "And okay. I can only hope that you're right. I mean, I guess I have twelve districts and the Capitol to find someone." She laughed sarcastically. Ending up with someone from the Capitol? Doubt it. She didn't want to go to parties that were glorifying the Games.

"Yes, you are the only man I need in my life right now. You're difficult enough as it is," she teased, but she took over a tone of seriousness. "But seriously, Zane. Thank you for being there for me. The day I got back to District Nine, you were the first one to be there at the train station. You beat out all of those cameramen just to wrap your arms around me and let me cry into your jacket. It was a grey jacket. I remember that, and I remember you were crying with me." It was hard not to start crying again, but she was stronger now. Much.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Zane Maddox
 Posted: Mar 7 2012, 07:29 PM
[QUOTE]
Food Technician
Male
6'2
193 LBS
District Nine

Danni

user posted image
Zane looked down with a bit of a joking frown when Tawny shouted at him when he said something about the mark on his face. Of course he wasn’t truly upset and it was just a joke but Tawny leaned over to kiss him on the cheek and he perked up. “Well then mother, that does make it better” He chuckled and he poked her on the nose when he looked up at her. Sometimes he wondered where they stood in all of this, they were family, best friends, they acted like so much more though sometimes and it didn’t all quite make sense all the time.

When Tawny asked him what he wanted for dinner he shrugged, “No idea actually, you usually come up with some pretty damn good concoctions on your own. Although when we end up cooking together in the kitchen…. It gets messy” He pondered, tapping his chin with his pointer finger as he thought of all the times they ended up with powder from head to toe. Zane always managed to start the flour wars but it always ended up even, the both of them throwing up the white flag before everything was completely caked in flour.

Then when she brought up her idea of the macaroni with cheese and bacon, biscuits…. Zane stared at her with his mouth slightly drooping open at the thought of it. “Yes” Was all he muttered before cracking a smile and closing his mouth, “That just… oh my lord, I haven’t had bacon in awhile. You spoil me” He chuckled with a slightly smirk appearing through his smile. It was true though, whenever she did end up cooking for him it was absolutely amazing. When Zane cooked it was pretty decent, but it wasn’t answer near as good because his items weren’t as nice or fancy.

Zane couldn’t help but act a bit more like a fool now, shaking his hips in a dance-y kind of way, “This is gonna be a great night!” He laughed in a sing song voice. Before he could go on however on the food Tawny replied to him about the camera and he shook his head, standing straight again. “No, I could never ask you to do that for me… You know I don’t like asking for anything” He murmured, fidgeting a little bit. He knew that once the holidays rolled around he was going to open the door and find Tawny with everything and anything. She spoiled his family and him for that matter way beyond his means, and all he could get her every year was something simple like jewelry, or something like a dinner out.

All the times she brought him something he wanted to make her take it back, save her money, whether or not she had so much. Though he felt bad for asking that as well so he took the items in stride, with a smile on his face and a hug to match. “You really do spoil me miss” He spoke tilting his head.

All the while he knew he had been tightening his arms around her but didn’t notice that is was too tight until she said something, and he immediately released her. “Sorry Tawny..” He mumbled, “It is true and don’t you worry about that.” He gave her a reassuring smile and a wink.

When Tawny went on about the fact that he was the only man for her right now he almost melted right there, stuck to his spot. Whenever she said anything like that he just wanted to hug her, kiss her, do anything but he held himself back. However this time he didn’t, he gathered her into his arms and nuzzled his face into her hair. “I remember too… I’ll never be able to forget that day Tawny…” He mumbled before placing a gentle, lingering kiss on her forehead before nuzzling back into her hair. “I’ll protect you every way that I can… I’m never going to let you go” He murmured the same words he did that same day with a little smile flickering onto his lips.

The thought of her getting off that train the day she arrived back in district nine was ingrained in his mind, something that brought back the memories of that year. Every day he watched the games to see how she was doing, and every day he cried just a little bit because she wasn’t here with him. When he knew she was coming home, and knew she was getting off that train he knew he had to be the first to see her.

Before he knew it he was in front of the crowd and holding Tawny to him, cuddling her into his chest. They were still young, very young at that point but the both of them had grown up. Zane had seen his best friend go through the roughest and toughest trials out there. He had known when she got back that he was going to have to be there for her, eight years old or not, and he was, every single step of the way. It was slow at first getting her to talk but he stayed with her every day, and made sure he left her in a happier state. It was only when he was old enough to understand what love was when he knew that he was in love with her.

Outfit

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Tawny Borne
 Posted: Mar 7 2012, 07:52 PM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 86th Games
Female
5'9"
135 LBS
District Nine
2-March 12 • 315 Moneys

Rae

"Yeah... no flour mess this time, please. Even though we cleaned up, I felt so bad for the cleaning lady the next day... There was flour in every crack and crevice of that kitchen. I even helped her because I felt so bad!" she exclaimed, throwing her arms up in the air for added effect. "I mean, there was flour everywhere, Zane!"

Taking on a pouting face, Tawny said, "But Zane... you love the camera. If you let me spoil you with bacon, let me spoil you with something electronic!" Either way, she would buy him the camera. Zane understood that her money was unlimited, but for some reason, he wouldn't accept it, unless it was around the holidays. Thankfully, he always accepted those happily.

Sometimes he apologized for the gifts he gave her. Jewelry or dinner. But Tawny would never accept the apology because it was completely unnecessary. Everything he got her was special to her. Beautiful and heart-felt every time. It beat her fancy presents to him, even if he did love them as much as she loved her presents. Something about him working his ass off and still getting her a nice gift was something she could never do for him. What did she do for her money? Sure, she survived the Hunger Games. It was a huge honor, she couldn't deny it. But, if one thought about it, all she was did was pretend that she wasn't killing innocent people and make sure she had enough to eat and drink everyday.

Almost immediately after Zane let go of Tawny, she was encased in his strong, warm arms again, and his lips were glued to her forehead. She laughed softly before saying, "You were only eight, and you were taller than me. It was obvious you were younger than me to the Capitol. Thankfully, they didn't suspect a romance at that time. I wouldn't have been able to stand it after what happened in the arena..." Suddenly, she had her face buried into his chest. The tears flowed freely.

The thought of Dedrick in the arena. The thought of her life-long friend being there for her always, after watching her murder children. All of it was too hard to handle at the moment. She wished she could go back to the day before Reaping Day. Zane and her were playing around the town. At the moment, Tawny wanted nothing more than to go back to that time and freeze them forever. Everything was better than. She wasn't a murderer then...

She pulled away from Zane, swiping at the stray tears on her cheeks and dabbing her swollen eyes. "How much longer are you on break?" she questioned quietly. She wished he was done with work already. Waiting for tonight would take forever. At least, when she got home, she could sort through the movies she had. Could pick out her favorite ones to show him. She knew the things he enjoyed. Sometimes, she enjoyed really girly things, so she'd throw in one of those movies too.

The feelings she had for Zane were so confusing! She wanted to be with him forever; she knew that for a fact. But in what way? Best friends would be so wonderful. What they had in their friendship was something special. Sometimes she wondered what would happen if she felt more for him. Did he even feel more than friendship for her? Yes, of course he did. It was obvious. But her feelings... Were they obvious to him but not to her? She didn't know. But she was curious what it would feel like to be with him. What it would feel like to have him hold her in a different way than he did then.

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Zane Maddox
 Posted: Mar 21 2012, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE]
Food Technician
Male
6'2
193 LBS
District Nine

Danni

user posted image
“Awww, really? I was looking forward to it!” He chuckled, just the thought of it made him smile. The times they have had while in the kitchen together, Zane’s favorite places besides being with Tawny. Being with her was his absolute favorite place but being in the kitchen was right up there, after all he is going to be a food technician. “I know, I know! I went home with it in my pants!” He laughed pulling at the top of his pants, “It got in my boxers too!”. It wasn’t a lie either, when the two of them got into their play fights whatever they had was getting everywhere on their person, no matter what clothing protected what.

When the female pouted in front of him be bit his lip, resisting from jumping on her and making her smile was hard. He couldn’t deny that face no matter how hard he tried, whenever she pouted or puppy dogged him he fell for her. “Okayyyyyy!” He uttered with a gentle smile. “Whenever you want to get it to me you can, don’t rush sweetheart. Can’t have you being upset with me now can we?” He chuckled. No matter how hard he tried… she always won.

Things like this though happened quite often, no matter who was giving the gift Zane was always kind of guilty. When she spoiled him with the large gifts or the expensive ones he almost couldn’t take them but the face she would come out with would be the end of him. He took everything she gave him and she took what he gave her, and it would go on like this for the rest of their lives no matter where they lead. In the end whether Zane ended up with the girl of his dreams, Tawny, or someone else he would be her best friend forever, the one she could always confide in and he was sure she would be the same for him.

The thoughts lingered uncomfortably about that time within his head, seeing her come home was the best and worst memory he ever had. She was coming home beaten, not herself for the longest time and that was what was the worst. However with time he took that as a good memory as well because she came back to him, to them, to district nine. “I know, we were so young. Neither of us would have Tawny, we were both broken at that time. Yeah, I know I put on that brave face and held you like we were older but I was terrified. I had to watch you go through all of that without being able to console you, I couldn’t do anything but wait to see you die or survive” He murmured against her forehead, and within that second she had buried her face and began to cry.

“Oh Tawny..” He whispered, tightening his hold on her only a little to show he was there. He held her like he’d hold his sister, or any of his friends he was comforting but with a bit more care and tenderness.

“I’ll do my best to never allow anything like that to ever happen again. Of course if the damn capitol calls upon you again I can’t stop it but I’ll do my best.” He chuckled, “I’ll always be here and you know this. No matter what.” He allowed a small smile to curve his lips upwards even if she couldn’t see it. They’d always have their relationship, they’d always be family even if they didn’t get married which Zane only wished for.

When she began to pull away from him he allowed her but not before slipping his hands to her arms and giving them a light squeeze. “I’m off at five. That’s only a few more hours of course, I’ll be over as soon as I get out. Do you just want me to meet you there?” He questioned with a smirk. He’d walk however many districts he had to, to be with her no matter the circumstance. Zane was just that type of chivalrous guy, always there for whoever needed him no matter what. Tonight he was going to be at Tawny’s beck and call, just being with her was fine for him.

“But you know… that camera, we need some funny pictures for my family. Gotta put some of us together up on that wall!” He laughed, thinking about the family wall of photos in their living area which held pictures of everyone from past to present, a lot of Tawny and Zane. They had filled up a fair section of themselves due to Tawny’s new fancy devices, and his parents loved seeing the wall continuing to build. As he looked at Tawny his smile softened, and so did his eyes which were still hidden luckily behind his sunglasses. He was sure she knew the ways he looked at her every single time they were together but he never really thought anything of it, he just did it.

It might turn into something, and he always hoped it did but for now they were fine where they were. Even if he wished he could show her the love he had for her, hold her the way he wanted, kiss her the way he wanted, everything she could ever imagine.

Outfit

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
Tawny Borne
 Posted: Mar 25 2012, 09:14 AM
[QUOTE]
Victor of the 86th Games
Female
5'9"
135 LBS
District Nine
2-March 12 • 315 Moneys

Rae

It comforted her to know that Zane would be there for her. For better or worse, although they weren't married, they would be with each other. A friendship like theirs only came around so often, she realized... and she realized the complications of a relationship could ruin that beautiful friendship.

She smiled at him softly, a little sadly as well because she realized that whatever feelings she had for him would have to be crushed. "Five?" she asked, trying to keep her mind off of her sudden realization. "That's a long time from now, but I guess I'll live," she whined jokingly. "I'll keep my eye on the clock, and when it's close to five, I'll walk back over here to meet you. I don't want you walking to my house alone. It can get boring."

Laughing and nodding, Tawny agreed to taking pictures. "Yes, because your family needs more pictures of us sticking our tongues out at each other." Because of the internal clock that she had developed from being in the arena, she knew that his break was coming to an end. So, as she wrapped her arms around his waist to give him a hug, she said, "I'll see you then, Zane." She turned around to leave.

As she walked away, she smiled at him. "Remember! No flour fights tonight!"

--------------------
user posted image
[PM]
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES