• Next Hunger Games
    Our next Hunger Games is a little different than our previous ones. Called "Battle Royale," this Hunger Games will feature one lucky class to be sent to the Hunger Games together. Mr. Dressler's honors history class tried to ignite revolution in Panem. And for their trouble, they will be sent to the arena together. Join us by making a high school junior (16-17 years old) from District 11. See the Battle Royale Subforum for more information. We aim to start in December so now's the time to start developing your character!
  • Staff
    Gem
    Head Admin
    GMT -8
    Jade
    Games Admin
    GMT -6
    Fading
    Admin
    GMT -?
    Lux
    GMT -?
    Callanthas
    GMT -7
  • Credits
    Thank you to Suzanne Collins for the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games trilogy. And thank you for the following people who contributed to site design: Ring Wang: banner slideshow code, Revo: fixed sidebar code, Gem: site skin(s).

And many thanks to Sixth Station members for their characters, posts, creativity and work. Thank you to everyone mentioned and unmentioned for the work put into making this site the great board it is.

Thank You

After four years, we have decided to close down Sixth Station. The site has meant so much to many of us who spent countless hours into our game. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our game.

The 101-Fall Hunger Games are wrapping up. You have 24-48 hours to enter the final posts. Members can still post in the "History of Sixth Station" and the "Connection" forums.

ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

» doctor, oh doctor, tag: kim cramer
Josiah Licent
 Posted: Aug 8 2013, 07:05 PM
[QUOTE]
Intern
Male
5'9"
150 LBS
District Six
7-August 13 • 675 Moneys

Fading

Josiah had a set route home from the laboratory. He knew it like the back of his hand, and executed it almost without thinking. He'd only re-route if it looked like there were other people in the back alleys and side streets he used. Most of the time, there weren't people, and if there were, there weren't enough to make him too nervous. He'd pull his ball cap down over his eyes and his hoodie down over his head and look down at the ground and pass them, heart beating fast and palms beginning to sweat.

He'd gotten pretty good at going unnoticed, but the fear of recognition was still strong, raging in his bones and rendering him unable and unwilling to speak to others. He lived a life of silence and loneliness, going from home to work with only the barest human interaction. It was sad that the person he interacted most with was the secretary at the front desk of the lab, and even at that, he only said a nervous hello to her at the start of each day and a goodbye at its end.

His parents were far too stoned to ever notice when he left or came back. They hadn't even moved to try and kick him out yet, but he supposed when he'd saved enough from his job, he'd move out. They wouldn't even know or care. He'd find an apartment or house close to the lab. He'd go to work, save money, and...

Josiah turned a corner and ran straight into someone. He hadn't even had the time to pull his cap down over his eyes, and he gave a startled gasp and staggered back, almost turning to run away before he even saw what he ran into.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Kimberly Cramer
 Posted: Aug 9 2013, 03:01 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'4
116 LBS
District Six
7-August 13 • 0 Moneys

Marr

On days like this, Kimberly particularly hated the weather. As it neared the colder months ahead, that left for less and less people for her to see and interact with. Even though she had two sisters, they were each others life lines. They acted as one and left Kimberly out of it. Logan was her life line, even though the words never came out. Even though he never fully said anything, she knew that they were connected in ways that for once, she didn't have to speak words with. That was until his death during the games.

"Chatterbox.. are you ever going to shut up?" She remembers his voice that would say that more often than none.

I miss you, Logan She thought to herself.

She had left the clinic early that day, due to the fact that it was slow and she was no longer needed and found herself walking down the sidewalk. Her head was inclined upward, her eyes scanning for any winged friend. With winter time, came less birds and she felt the urge to see one. To whisper out silently to it. To make a whistling sound as it repeated it back to her, but none came about. They seemed so scarce as of late, migrating to warmer weather. A sigh came to her lips as she looked down momentarily before a sweet sound jarred her thoughts. About the time that she looked up, just in time to see the winged angel float by on a windy trail, she had bumped into someone.

She was caught off guard, yelped and fell backwards landing on her behind. If she had been looking where she was going and had her head down, she would have caught herself from falling. The sudden action had caught her complete blindsided.

"Ow!" She exclaimed, a smile coming to her lips as she began rubbing her hip. Kimberly looked up to see who it was that she ran into. It was the boy whose sister had died in the arena not long ago. The weird one who claimed to have special gifts. She never officially met him, but she knew who he was just by association from his sister. Instantly, she got to her feet, dusting off her bottom.

"Hey! Your Josiah, right? I'm so sorry about that! That was totally my fault. I wasn't watching where I was going. It was rather stupid of me to be looking up. I thought I had saw a bird overhead or something, and it caught my eye. I guess I should be more attentive to the road instead, right?" Her voice chimed out without a hitch. Words coming together so fast, that it was as if it were a different language. She folded her hands inward into her body, smiling all the while. "Are you okay? I didn't hurt you, did I?"

--------------------
[PM]
^
Josiah Licent
 Posted: Aug 10 2013, 04:11 PM
[QUOTE]
Intern
Male
5'9"
150 LBS
District Six
7-August 13 • 675 Moneys

Fading

Josiah started sweating immediately, even though it was bitter cold and wintry around him. He felt the tips of his fingers shaking as he pulled his cap lower over his face, and his heart rate spiked. This wasn't a full on panic attack, but it felt so similar to that first day it happened, in the cafeteria of the school.

The problem was that he'd given himself room to hope Voxe would make it back okay. At first, he hadn't believed it was possible. She'd killed a true blood Career. She'd survived a burning house collapsing around her. She could win. She could have won. And then it in the snow, in the winter section of the Arena, that she had fallen, blood staining the white crimson around her, screaming in agony as she died. Those screams still haunted him, mixing with his own as he'd curled up on the floor of the school, trembling like he was having a seizure, going insane, heaving up the remains of his lunch onto his shirt.

Whenever he felt even the beginnings of this nervousness, he ran. He ran as far away from the situation as possible, as far from the staring eyes as possible. And that's what he was going to do now, barely registering the girl's cry of pain. He took one step out, then heard his name.

How did she know his name?

Idiot, of course she knows who you are, he chided himself. Everyone around his age remembered, and she looked like she could have been there that day or heard from one of her friends or something. Yeah, he was the weird younger brother of that girl that died who'd gone psycho.

When she spoke to him, he stopped in his tracks and looked down at the ground. Josiah lifted his head only once to look at her, then immediately back down at the ground, because he could feel his heart thumping uncomfortably against his chest, screaming Get out of here. Get out of here now.

He chuckled nervously then said, "Uh, no. I'm--I-- I fine." Recalling social cues long gone rusty, he added, almost as an afterthought, "What about you?"

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Kimberly Cramer
 Posted: Aug 10 2013, 04:29 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'4
116 LBS
District Six
7-August 13 • 0 Moneys

Marr

Kimberly had dusted herself off and stood in front of him. Studying him. He was a nervous type, she knew. Always running off right after school. Never talking to anyone. She had asked around several times to find out his story, but no one ever knew anything because he never stuck around long enough to share the info for her to hear. Now, she was given that chance. To actually speak to him, for if it wasn't the bird that flew over her head at that exact moment, he would have passed her and never stopped.

"Me? You're asking if I'm alright? Wow." Kimberly said, surprised. She was just find. It was him she was curious about. He seemed to unsteady as she spoke to him. He only took one moment to actually meet her eyes and then his vision went to the ground again. "Sorry, I'm great. There's more things that can hurt me than just falling on the ground. Like I said, it was my fault entirely. I can't believe I did that."

She chatted on, never really aiming to let him go. She'd been wanting to speak to him forever. To find out more about him. About his sister, but first meetings usually weren't proper for that, or was it?

"So, I was just curious, why It is that I never can catch you. I've been meaning to talk to you for while. See how you've been since.. Err. WEll, you know... Just to make sure your okay. We've both had the same thing happen to each of us. It takes time to deal with, though." Kimberly bounced on her heels momentarily, watching for him to react. She had heard about his sister's claims of a 'gift' and she was more than curious if he thought the same thing. If he also claimed to have a gift of some sort that he was hiding from everyone. She shook her head momentarily and began to laugh.

"Ah! Where are my manners. I'm Kimberly. Kimberly Cramer, I am a few grades below you." She offered up, a grin plastered on her face.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Josiah Licent
 Posted: Aug 10 2013, 04:54 PM
[QUOTE]
Intern
Male
5'9"
150 LBS
District Six
7-August 13 • 675 Moneys

Fading

She talked a lot. A lot more than seemed healthy. Then again, he wasn't exactly a paragon of healthy things anyway. He had no room to judge at all. And maybe this is what normal people did. Voxe didn't talk a lot, but she was sure better at it than he was. She'd sometimes just walk up to people and tell them they were going to die or something. She had no inhibitions.

He protested weakly when she had it was all her fault, "But--the corner--I mean..." then he let himself trail off. He had come around a corner without looking, mainly because it was routine. No one ever was on this street. Like ever. He stuffed his shaking hands in the pocket of his hoodie and clasped them together to keep them from twitching so much. He could do this; he could talk to someone without freaking out. It wasn't that hard. It never had been hard until...

Don't think about it, he told himself, shutting out the images of blood in the snow and the sounds of screaming silenced.

This girl had wanted to talk to him? Whatever about? He'd never seen this girl before in this life, but he supposed she had seen him before. That was weird. When had she seen him? Breakdown? Or just around? He hoped he hadn't been noticeable or doing anything strange because then other people had probably seen him too and--

Wait. The same thing had happened to her too? Now Josiah knew she could only be talking about the spectacle in the cafeteria. But what did she mean--that she'd had a panic attack too or that someone she knew had died? She hadn't been friends with Voxe; Voxe's only friend had died too, mauled by Careers at the Bloodbath. That kid had been pretty cool, and his sister had loved him like a second brother.

"Uh, I'm Josiah." He looked up again, holding her gaze only a few moments longer before looking down again and kicking a pebble, fighting his rising heart rate. "I quit school last year, so..." Cramer. That name was the same as Logan Cramer's. Ah, now he could place her. Still, she wasn't as pathetic as he was, because she hadn't freaked out like he had. If only he could have waited until he'd gotten home... if only she hadn't died right in the middle of the lunch hour...

Now he was pathetic enough to blame Voxe for not surviving past lunch hour? He was so pathetic. He smiled awkwardly and said, "Uh, it was nice meeting you and all... but like, I gotta go... so..."

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Kimberly Cramer
 Posted: Aug 10 2013, 06:21 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'4
116 LBS
District Six
7-August 13 • 0 Moneys

Marr

Kimberly hadn't noticed his reaction to try to take part of the blame at all. She was so excited about talking to him, that her mind was on a one way street and all of the signs was pointing in one direction and it clearly pointed to him. She folded her arms up into her body, a small bout of shivers came to her as a breeze threatened to move her hair out of place. She instinctively brought a hand up, pulling the strands behind her ear without so much as missing a beat in her words.

"Oh, I know who you are, Josiah. Silly." She giggled as she watched his shy nature take effect. Is that why no one could ever get him to talk? He was just that shy? Normally, she never had a problem talking to someone, but he wasn't just anyone. She had heard about his fit that day. The day when his sister had died. She had a similar reaction, but it mainly just came as a shock when it was down to the last two. She was at home luckily. Her parents were at work that day. Her two sisters and herself were wrapped up in a blanket, cheering him on. He was so close to winning. Punching the other guy with everything he had until the very last last moment when she saw his tears. It was that moment, that Kimberly couldn't watch anymore. She left the room just as she heard her sisters cry out and she knew that he was gone. She knew that he was dead. Her lifeline was gone.

"Yeah. I know that, too. Well, actually everyone knew that you dropped out. Information like that tends to get out pretty quickly." Most of it was from her though. She never was good at keeping information very long without passing it on to the next person as soon as possible. She had a yearning for releasing the latest information and news. The scoop on what was going on around her. Sometimes, that lead to angry words against her, but she couldn't help what others thought. Everyone was entitled to their own opinions.

Kimberly just about gasped when he was trying to excuse himself from her company. Her mouth dropped so suddenly at him.

"Oh, don't leave so soon. I just got to finally talk to you after all this time. Do tell me, did your sister really have that gift? You know, that everyone talked about? There are several of my friends who believed her... well, believed what they heard, but no one really ever knew for a fact if it was actually true. As for me, it would be totally cool if it was. I mean, to know things like that..." Kimber paused a moment, realizing what she was saying. She was too excited to think about what words were coming out of her mouth. "Oh! Shoot... sorry. I don't mean to bring up the past. I was just curious. You don't have to answer that."

She left it open, hoping that he would offer up the information himself and try to clear up the roaming gossip that circulated through the school. If he would tell her, she would know the facts before anyone else would.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Josiah Licent
 Posted: Aug 10 2013, 06:43 PM
[QUOTE]
Intern
Male
5'9"
150 LBS
District Six
7-August 13 • 675 Moneys

Fading

The more she said that she knew who he was, the less comfortable Josiah was. He didn't want to hurt her feelings or anything, but he didn't want to have a heart attack or die or freak out again. His hands had started shaking now, even as he clenched them together in his pocket. And everyone knew that he dropped out?

Keep your shit together, man, Josiah berated himself. He looked up and down the street, focusing on the fact that it was just this one girl here, not a crowd of people. And she had had a sibling die too, so maybe she was more similar to him than at first... No, she talks way too much. They weren't alike at all.

There was no one else on the street, no other people to watch and recognize and remember. He felt a bit of the lightness and nausea lift, and his shaking abated. But his skin was still slick with sweat, and he wiped at his face with his sleeve as she kept talking, a never ending torrent of words.

He didn't catch everything, because listening to her was like trying to drink out of a fire hose. But she was talking about his sister and he didn't really want to talk about Voxe and he didn't really want to talk to Kimberly. Still, maybe it'd get her to shut up. He wasn't sure why she was so curious anyway. "Well, uh... it wasn't like magic or anything, but... Voxe just understood the world. I think. Like, she understood it and how things work better than most people." That felt like a speech to him, and he actually was surprised to find he was curious to see how she'd respond to that.

Voxe had predicted her own death. She had to have known. She tried to warn him, yet he still hadn't believed. She always said that fate was inescapable, like the pull of gravity. Her words were seared into his memory with the pain of a third degree burn.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Kimberly Cramer
 Posted: Aug 10 2013, 07:07 PM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'4
116 LBS
District Six
7-August 13 • 0 Moneys

Marr

Kimberly never did have a filter when it came to asking questions. It was more of a 'speak now or forever hold you peace' type of thing for her. Being scared to ask or question something would just keep the information in the shadows and away from the people that most wanted to hear what it was going to be. Kimberly always felt the need to know what was going on. There was no real reason why, but it only got worse after her brother's death in the games. The need for attention and to surround herself with people was needed now that the only person who could read her like a book was gone. She was missing something in her life that nothing could fill that void.

The information she was craving came out in more words than she expected him to say, based on the previous conversation answers. The others were so basic and lacked any sort of concrete to remember. Now, what explaination he just offered up had her confused yet satisfied. "Magic. See. Now, I'll have to go back to Lacey and tell her that. She, one of my other friends, was almost certain she was dabbling in magic, but since you say that, I can finally tell her the truth. Thanks, Josiah. You really cleared that part up. She will be so disappointed to hear the truth."

Kimberly's mind was racing on what he said. The words finally sinking in far enough and for a few brief moments, she had nothing to say. Understood the world... She understood it and how things work better than most people. How did one just understand something so far fetched? That the world could even be understood at all. The thoughts had her momentarily confused. Confused enough, that she began to stare off into the sky for a moment, her head tilted slighty to the side. What silence she had given Josiah, didn't last long.

"I don't understand that. To understand the world. How could one girl understand something so phenomenal? Just thinking about it makes my head hurt." SHe told him, shaking her head. She heard a bird chip once again, her eyes darting around, trying to find the feathered friend.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Josiah Licent
 Posted: Aug 10 2013, 07:37 PM
[QUOTE]
Intern
Male
5'9"
150 LBS
District Six
7-August 13 • 675 Moneys

Fading

Josiah realized he liked talking about Voxe. It wasn't like her name or anything sent him down to crazy-ville. He loved her and remembering her. His memory was fantastic--her voice and words and smile were still easy to recall. And somehow, he felt that talking about her kept her alive, even though that was ridiculous. She died--

And that's where he couldn't keep himself together. Whenever he thought about her death, he lost it. He'd had panic attacks since the cafeteria, but they had been less catastrophic. Sometimes, they happened when he got home from school--like everything he'd been holding together just exploded like a grenade leaving pieces of his fragmented mind scattered all over the floor. His parents dealt with their grief like they always had--drugs, drugs, and more drugs. There was no safety net for Josiah though. Voxe had been his, and she was gone, gone, and gone.

Josiah saw her turn around and almost took the opportunity to run. It was his instinct, but then, if this girl couldn't keep her mouth shut and was going to talk to everyone and everything about his sister, the least he could do was make sure her facts were straight. The thought of his words getting out into the general public was scary, but this wasn't about him. It was about Voxe.

"She hated it sometimes," Josiah said. "She hated knowing things." It was true. She would be in agony, especially after she foresaw her own death. There was just this unbearable sadness in her eyes from the day she knew. Some days it was more visible, sometimes less, but it was always there. It would suck to know you were going to die.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
Kimberly Cramer
 Posted: Aug 11 2013, 02:27 AM
[QUOTE]
Student
Female
5'4
116 LBS
District Six
7-August 13 • 0 Moneys

Marr

Kimberly's fascination with bird took her attention away from Josiah. Her eyes scanning around the sky and the buildings for any sight of the birds. Earlier, it was just a simple finch that had caught her attention that made her run into Josiah. The simple finch that had taken to hiding shortly after. Maybe the bird was the one making the sweet subtle sound that was catching her attention again? OH how she wanted to catch a finch. To hold it in her hands and take it home. Let it fly around her room as a pet, but she wouldn't do that. Not unless it was absolutely necessary. She loved to see the winged angels fly free. To see them soar on a windy breeze. If she could have chosen her life, she would have been a blue jay.

Her attention suddenly turned back to Josiah when he mentioned something else. Her ears barely picked up on the words. "She hated it? Really? If I was given something special like that, I wouldn't hate it. There would be so many things that I would try to use from it. Then again, there isn't much that I don't already know, and what I don't know, I like to find out." She smiled to Josiah. "I hate not knowing... secrets are the worst."

She should know because half of the time, her friends would keep secrets from her because of that fact. She was also in the dark around certain sitations like surprise parties and the like. It was rather annoying, but she never took offence by it. It just happened that way.

"Hey, Josiah. Do you wanna, ya know? Hang out for a while? It's getting cold out here, the longer I stand here. Maybe you can tell me what you've been up to since you left school? Like, do you have a job and stuff?" Her inquisitive nature taking no vacation at all.

--------------------
[PM]
^
Josiah Licent
 Posted: Aug 11 2013, 05:36 PM
[QUOTE]
Intern
Male
5'9"
150 LBS
District Six
7-August 13 • 675 Moneys

Fading

Ha. Josiah knew why this girl wouldn't like secrets. She couldn't keep a secret to save her life if she always talked as much as she was now. She was going to be talking about him to the whole school. He wasn't sure why he cared anymore, but he did. Because the only thing people remembered him for was the stupid breakdown, because he'd never really been a popular kid known for much else before that. Heck, the only reason Kimberly had flagged him down was because of his psychological episode.

Josiah looked up when she asked if she wanted to hang out, a clearly startled and slightly terrified look on his face. "Uh, I don't--" His thoughts filled in what he was about to say. I don't hang out with people. Like ever. He didn't have any friends, not since Voxe died. There had been people he was friendly with, but that didn't make them friends.

He had tried being nice to her, but she wasn't going to just let him go. So he had to force his way out of the situation. "I really gotta go," he said, pointing over his shoulder. Then he ran. It was something he was good at, and as his sneakers found purchase on the pavement, he found his heart calming and the wooziness in his head leaving. He breathed in and out normally, filling his lungs with cold, purifying air.

Josiah rounded a corner and disappeared from view.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
[PM]
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options ADD REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

SixthStation

BLOOD & ASHES - AN AU HGRP Rise of the Believers Interitus Visionary Tales Red Carpet & Rebellion Accursed Skyrim Song of the Mockingjay

Keep the Dream Alive! THE UNDERGROUND The Next Incantation Lochland Grove TWF HungerGamesRP RPG-D GRAPHICS GAMES